login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Anyone For Game of Foosball?

Are there any other foosball players on the site?

This is what a foosball game looks like
It is one of “my favorite pastimes, and has been for over 30 years. I just don’t play a lot like I once did.

When we used to play, it was before video games and PC’s.

There were places that only had foosball tables. ..one place was called I foos 2. People had unbelievable fun, were serious about it, and it’s a great release. Here’s someone sharing rules -little humorously

Foosball dribbling

Foosball bank shots

Here’s a tutorial on some foosball shots

5 fundamentals of foosball
Like pool sharks, and pool tournaments people took this game quite seriously, with strict rules Most had either gloves and/or resin bags. There was silence went snazzy bank shots were being calculated and played out. Lots of fun

Here is a tournament foosball video

It truly can be a lot of fun, whether you play 1 on 1 or w/teams. foosball training

Most important rule to a serious player is No spinning..It’s a quick wrist action, not an out of control spin. Real foosball is control It has purpose and direction. Slow and guided shots. Bank shots. And fast delivery to your man, or your team players man->right through the goal!

foosball shots

snake shots
Please excuse me if I repeated any of the videos. I tried not to. I was having so much fun watching them that I might’ve duplicated.

Anyone else play?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I bought a table a few years ago for my sons. We got it set up and then we started to play. I got the ball on my 2-man. ThhhhhhhhWHACK! I nailed it! Oh, now I remember that lost year of college! Once you learn the shots, you never forget! But my defense is slow and my ball control is gone. But it’s fun.

Of Course! Great fun – played it at the skating rinks and arcades. Joey and Chandler had a foosball table (Friends).

I recently played a game against some pretty good players and the score was 4 5 (3rd game so win by 2). My teammate was on offense and shot a rollover and scored but the 3 bar slipped from his hands. The bar definitely did not spin more than 360 degrees but the opponents argued that because he lost control it was a foul. Can't find anywhere that it mentions "control" for me control is pretty subjective. Was it a foul or should his goal have counted?

In response to Ivaughn07's post:Welcome Ivaughn07 to Bmindful!!!

I'm not really sure how to answer your question. I only remember 'back in the day' if you spun the rod... it was unacceptable... and if you spun it ... & it went in... it was considered a slop-shot.

Therefore, I don't think it would've counted if you lost  control & you spun it

If the ball was 'dead' or a slop shot  it was  re-dropped (or  re-positioned from where it was... to retry. 

We did play with players who cared about having fun & playing a 'good game'

and those are my wonderful memories of the game!

• ~

just googled it & found this in rule 13

1. A ball which is advanced by an illegal spin is replayed as follows:
    If the ball goes in the goal, then it will not be counted as a point and will be put back into play by the goalie as if the ball had been declared a dead ball between the goal and the nearest two-man rod.

{so I guess I need illegal spin defined-if it stated it, I missed it}

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Stuck upon this rather incidentally. 
But I'm a big foosball player. I play for a few hours at a time at least once or twice a week (and been thinking about getting one from the list for my home), but the rules I play with vary depending on the bar I'm at. Shame it's still considered the bar game only, as it certainly deserves to become a sport. There's a foos world championship after all. 

In response to brightknight's post

It certainly deserves sport status!(

That's awesome that you have foosball tables in your area!!! I can no longer find a single one.

Guess its time to make room for one in my home(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content