login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

join in★★Effect Driven Workshop 4 of 4 - Tying it all Together

Image result for effect driven a new way to happiness bmindful

4d52f6ed9e31952e2585285475c982c3.jpg

in case you missed workshop #1 #2  OR #3

EFFECT DRIVEN - A NEW PATH TO HAPPINESS (#1 OF 4)

EFFECT DRIVEN- A NEW PATH TO HAPPINESS (#2 of 4)

EFFECT DRIVEN WORKSHOP- A NEW PATH TO HAPPINESS (#3 OF 4)

Welcome Bmindfullers:

Announcing the final  segment  of EFFECT DRIVEN- A NEW PATH TO HAPPINESS #4 of 4

It is one of Bmindful's  Free and Ridiculously Rewarding  Workshops. This  current awesome series is facilitated by The Magician;images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYulBDL3VWBK0ZdVQp2xl43b7LoxxKxg9dX-sMVVSf3f_qBzTQ16_IHxRihQ (Laura Kohn LMHC,CHT). 

207886wyf8s5ujz3.jpgI now introduce to you The Magician;Laura Kohn

While my credentials label me as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor and Board Certified Hypnotherapist, I think of myself more as a magician. I help others to see, connect with, and create magic in their lives. I want to help people return to the place where they can live in wonderment, where they know how to play, and where instead of aspiring to live in the “know” they aspire to live in the mystery of life and the universe. My psychological bent if you will, is Jungian but nontraditional. I help people explore the relevance of ancient wisdom traditions, indigenous teachings, and the esoteric philosophies and how they can apply this information to their lives today to make miracles happen. Do you remember when you were able to play with wild abandon and entertain yourself for hours on end just by using your imagination and creativity? That my friends is the trip I intend to take you on. Along the way I hope to impart some interesting and useful information but most of all I want us to have FUN! I don’t purport to peddle truth, I’m here to give you ways to think about things. Join our group of explorers of consciousness and learn to reclaim the wonderment and innocence at the core of your being once again. The Magician has come to town and has many wonders to show the most discriminating of seekers!

Laura Kohn is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor and Board Certified Hypnotherapist in private practice in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. She does in person counseling, hypnotherapy, and group workshops around the country. She works with clients in person, over Skype, and by phone. She is also CEO of The Ascendant Empowerment Foundation which seeks to change the paradigm from scarcity and competition, to collaboration and abundance by showing its students the just and proper exercise of power through in person trainings and experiential workshops. You can check out her Facebook pages at “Laura Kohn Group” or “The Ascendant Empowerment Foundation” or visit her website at .LauraKohnGroup.com and www.aefoundation.com for info on upcoming workshops or trainings.

Hello my lovelies!  It’s hard to believe it’s been a month already but here we are.  So this is the space where we are going to tie the first three weeks of our seminar together so you can apply these principals on your own.  At the seminar’s beginning we introduced the concepts of dualistic beliefs or polarities in our thinking, and how these limit our ability to accurately see what is around us.  This is what I refer to as 2 dimensional consciousness or 2D.  Carl Sagan refers to this concept as Flatland.  If you want to see how polarity thinking restricts our version of reality and learn about how dimensions work I highly recommend this short video.  It’s only 11 minutes long but if you get this it’s your first step to breaking out of 2D.

As I stated we began our journey looking at the concept of polarized thinking, and how it limits our reality.  Our very first step in altering our resonance or emotional state – and well before we are able to move into a new reality – is for us to simply recognize when we are operating from duality or Flatland.  And we can recognize it when we are there by becoming aware of, and examining, our emotional state.  But when and where will that be you may ask?  It will be when we feel pressure, anger, fear, hopelessness, or depression.  That’s when we know we are positioned at one end of the polarity.  The energy of Flatland is constriction.  That is how we can always recognize when we are there.   Changing our resonance requires finding a thought that is slightly better or even just neutral.  And we can do this by scanning for what is different.

Let’s look at some examples with different scenarios:

If I am irritated with my partner, is it because I am thinking I am right or they are wrong?

Do I think they should be doing, thinking, or feeling something different?

If I am judging myself harshly, when do I last remember looking at my standards to see if they are still realistic?

Is it that I can only see one option in this situation that will lead to a positive outcome?

Does my negativity feeling truly match the severity of the situation?

Am I assuming the worst…or the best?

black_white.jpg

“The trick to being happy isn’t to live in the know, it’s to live in the mystery.”

The idea is to examine options where the context of the situation might have different viewpoints, and then add these to the list of possibilities and possible outcomes.  Start noticing if you have added the context of the situation into your perspective, or whether you are operating under a global assessment that does not take into account the facts and nuances of the present moment.  Remember it’s hard to find a situation where the same belief, action, or behavior is always right.  Start looking for the exception to the rule and you will immediately increase the flexibility of your thinking.  To change any belief you must first gather evidence that disputes it.

In week two we discussed how removing the concepts of what is right, true, or correct from our thinking enables us to access a different way of thinking.  When we show up in the moment and start examining the idea of “playing” with ideas, it becomes a way to think about the situations in our lives differently.  When we are just playing around with concepts, we don’t need to be right.  We get to just jump right on in and start experimenting with different options or ways to think about life, elements, and situations.  We start looking at things from a neutral or sometimes higher perspective. 

To illustrate, think of any task you do on a daily basis.  It may be driving to work, or cooking a meal.  How would you do that task if you were doing it purely for enjoyment?  Purely for efficiency?  Purely to learn or experience something new? 

Now think of a problem at work.  How would you approach finding a solution if you were Thomas Edison?  Cleopatra?  Donald Trump?  Mother Teresa?  Salvador Dali?  It doesn’t take long to see how our perspectives will influence our choices and actions.

Take an issue or a problem you have, and write down what led up to it.  Now scramble and place events out of sequence.  Does anything new show up? 

Breaking out of Flatland can be pretty fun and creative, don’t you think?

Fenton2.png

“The trick to being happy isn’t to live in the know, it’s to live in the mystery.”

Here’s another scenario just for fun.  If you were stuck in traffic and were running late for a big meeting but could see into the future and knew everything ended fine, how would you be spending your time in traffic?

How would you ordinarily spend your time in traffic if you didn’t know the outcome?

What is the difference between both perspectives and how will your emotional state, conduct, or behaviors alter the meeting’s outcome?  What is the difference between these perspectives?

By week 3 we had begun to look at how we want to “experience” our journey, no matter the goals we might be pursuing.  We might have a destination or end goal in mind, but we were reminded about how the effect we want to create shapes our efforts and the experience of getting there, or achieving these goals.  Another way of saying this is that chasing security often times means we are in resonance with fear.  There are really two ways of saving for retirement.  Thinking about the bare minimum you will need to live and pay your bills, (fear based) or the kind of lifestyle and adventures you wish to have (moving from desire).  You will get to the same destination with both trains of thought but one path is a much easier ride to take.  You see positive energy only can create more positive energy.  Just as negative energy can only create more negative energy.  Like creates like my friends.  We often think we are in resonance with a desire when we are actually moving from a place of fear.  When are in resonance with fear, we won’t often achieve our goals.  It feels dire if we don’t accomplish our goal – and therein lies the fear or motivator.

So to be more Effect Driven, the question may be to ask yourself, “What am I motivated by?  A fear or loss…or the process of playing and enjoying?”  The first is about a destination, whilst the second is about a process.

Consider these questions:

1. Do I want to keep evolving and learning, or do I want to be the best?
  2. Is that the best “I” can be, or only the best compared to others?
  3. Who determines who/what is best?
  4. If it’s not me, then am I giving away my power or working toward someone else’s agenda?
  5. How about this:  Am I acting for my own satisfaction, or am I motivated by someone else’s approval?

You see all of these questions are designed to wake you up to a new way to think about the same things.  The more ways you can look at it the more creative and flexible you become.  Consider asking yourself a hard question like:

How can I look at paying my taxes – but differently and through as many lenses as possible as you can.

Where can you find a “desire to pay your taxes”?

Where can you find a benefit to pay your taxes?

Where can you find a use or advantage to paying your taxes?

Where can you find utility (neutrality) in paying your taxes?

keep-calm-and-enjoy-the-journey-26.jpg

So in this last week of our workshop we should now start to know how to “play” with the means by which we can shift our resonance, get into neutrality, and see more options.  An integral component of the shift from dualistic or polarized thinking is the importance of basing our thoughts on RELEVANCE instead of truth.  Relevant thoughts are thoughts that prompt us to take purposeful and meaningful action to improve our situation.  As an example:

You’ve gained 10 pounds.  You don’t like what you see in the mirror and all your clothes are too tight and fit uncomfortably.  (All true thoughts)  But now let’s look at three relevant thoughts such as:

I enjoy walking my dog.

I could learn about healthy cooking which might be fun.

I could hire a trainer to help me work out.

How does it feel when you think “I’m 10 pound overweight.” Vs. “I enjoy walking my dog.”  From which place is it easier to operate from?  Where do you get more of your motivation from?  Fear can be an awesome motivator and is appropriate in some circumstances like getting out of a burning building.  Problems arise when we use fear as our primary motivator because it’s like burning coal.  It provides energy but it’s a dirty fuel, it pollutes the air, and can make us sick.  For us humans, joy, fascination, interest, or curiosity are “cleaner” fuels, and for us create much less psychological pollution.  It really starts to get fun once you start playing with different ways to think about the same situations.

To sum up, the goal of this workshop has been to open you up to seeing that there are different ways to think about the circumstances in your life and that if you find a different way of seeing what is before you, you can create different things, such as different experiences, or different feeling states.  You don’t have to change anything on the outside to do this.  Why?  Because your suffering does not stem from what is happening on the outside.   It stems from your interpretation of what is happening on the outside.  That’s actually good news from where I sit because we can’t always change what is happening on the outside but we can always change how we think about it.  That being said, I’m not here to tell you what to think.  That job has already been filled by way too many people.  I’m here to tell you that it’s time to start thinking for yourselves.  To stop looking for Saviors or Prophets, or Scientists or your family that will do the work for you.  When you operate from someone else’s paradigm you’ve been enlisted to work towards their agenda not your own.  The call has gone out for us to change the paradigm from one of scarcity and competition, the old Flatland model, to one of collaboration and abundance.  To do this requires a bit of courage and a ton of creativity but ultimately the ride will be much nicer and way more fun.

quote-creativity-is-just-connecting-things-when-you-ask-creative-people-how-they-did-something-they-steve-jobs-94811.jpg

So once again this Magician must leave you.  Understand that we are collaborating through this workshop together to create something new.  Your questions and comments help me to see new things or things I haven’t thought of before.  So I bring you these ideas, some pragmatic, some esoteric, some perhaps metaphysical, so we can explore new things together and in doing so we all become more flexible, creative and courageous as a group.  We become the type of thinkers that then do new things, become more fully ourselves, and create from a new space in a new way.  That is where the magic is my lovelies.  That is where we change the world in powerful ways.  It is less about Hocus Pocus and more about sharper Focus!  And with that I bid you Adieu!

The Magician will be popping in Friday 3/17/17 from 11:00 AM  to 12:00 Noon EST to respond to all members who participate. As the Magician she is ... she may materialize around here when we least expect it beyond that allocated time.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYulBDL3VWBK0ZdVQp2xl43b7LoxxKxg9dX-sMVVSf3f_qBzTQ16_IHxRihQ

A BIG THANK YOU TO Iz FOR CREATING THE BMINDFUL BILLBOARD FOR THIS WORKSHOP!

PS Reminder: Feel free  to post beyond The Magicians visits for all that comes up for you which relates to the material. laughingYourInvited-4.jpg

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

This workshop lived up to all that I imagined it would and then some. Thank you so much Lauren for taking the time to make this available to all. I'm very grateful for what you have shared here. When are you going to write a book? I know I would buy a copy and be excited to read it. 

There’s no such thing as fiction. Our experiences are constructed within our own imagination. What we believe iz possible iz what we’ll experience. The life we’re living now iz only imagined in some of the minds of other infinite parallel versions of you.

1. Do I want to keep evolving and learning, or do I want to be the best?   When I was younger, during my career, I wanted to be the best. As it turned out I did receive an award for being the best at what I did. To receive that award though, I had to keep learning and evolving. I never stopped looking for novel ways to do my job. It made it fun and interesting. Now that I have a few years of retirement behind me, I have slowed down a lot and have started doing pretty much only things I want and enjoy. I am still learning and evolving but my pace is slower and I hope to continue to be a life-long learner. I see many people my age and older who have stopped living and are only existing. It is a terribly sad to only exist waiting on the end. At least that is the way I see it. 

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

In response to iZUHM THA iNFiNiTE's post:

Yup, I have to agree, while I don't always respond on the thread, I have responded in my world and on 'going to post that'- paper tongue-out This has been awesome, and I thank you Magician!!!  Though, I hope you pop in whenever you can  I ...and believing others are going to post beyond the dates of the weeks your segments were posted(: I definitely want to get back to the earlier weeks! And if I don't I still thank you, it led to awesome communication with others.

Am I acting for my own satisfaction, or am I motivated by someone else’s approval?

I will start with this last question first because it delights me  that  this matters to me that I do satisfy myself first

I  can't analyze this , and wonder too deeply when I am being... or I won't be-being for me anymore, first

dont-shrink-to-meet-the-expectations-of-others-grow-to-become-the-person-you-want-to-be-quote-1.jpg

question #1

1. Do I want to keep evolving and learning, or do I want to be the best? 

I don't feel competitive...  

I like that I use myself as my own ruler.  I love understanding there is always more to know, and standing back and creating space for the 'more'.

I love that  I allow the space to be filled in when it feels right, and stand back some more ... Assessing in the moment (: & It feels like it is working for me.

its a unique feeling when everything seems to keep moving forward without the kind of work harder feeling that I thought would be present.

It feels like a natural evolving thing now, that if I analyze it... which I occasionally am guilty of... it feels like this HUGE thing... growth.... progression.... moving forward..  like ... the quote Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.

I am glad I follow my gut and serve myself this way (more often than not). It feels right.

(in regard to others judgments) as long as we can hear who we are, and our reason for doing/being ...  its the core-good thing(: 

Is that the best “I” can be, or only the best compared to others? 

I learned early on that I could not be the best compared to others. Grade school taught me that. There was always someone who could out perform me at whatever I attempted. I was better than some and some were better than me. It was during high school I finally realized that I could be the best I could be. I could work hard at doing the best I could at any task and it brought me great pleasure. I've tried to continue to hold myself to that standard. Some people think I'm a perfectionist. I don't think so. It is just one of many names I've been called. Many of the names are much worse! 

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

In response to AlwaysWonderfulPossibilities's post:

I think one of the processes of maturity is to stop operating for others and to start operating from one's own authenticity.  There are times where operating for in a manner of being more heavily weighted from the place of other vs. Self might make sense like when one has small children but eventually the growth always comes back to learning how to operate from the space of authenticity and Self interest first.

In response to The Magician's post:

Yes I agree. .. this feels very synchronous you-can-give-joyfully-only-when-you-have-found-something-so-valuable-within-yourself-that-quote-1.jpg

created a thread around this quote -just yesterday(:

In response to Poppy's post:

Yes I agree.  Just think about all the things Mozart accomplished by the age of 7 or

Leonardo Da Vinci accomplished by the age of 40 and one quicy realizes comparative thinking is a 

losing game.

"A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms." --Zin Shin 🌺_________🌷________🌸 🔹Double Tap If I'm On Point 🔸Resonating? Tag A 💖 One 🔹Please Repost & Share 🔸👤: Djizuhm Miller 🔹🐦: @DJ_iZUHM 🔸LinkedIn: DJ iZUHM 🔹FB👍: DJ iZUHM 🔸📧: D.J.iZUHM@gmail.com  #LetGo #DoYou #BeYourself #BeReal #BeTrue #BelieveInYou #YouGotThis #YouAreWorthIt #YouGotThis #Unique #BeUnique #UniquelyYou #SelfLove #KnowYourWorth #SelfWorth #SelfRespect #Unique #Youniverse #Observe #Neuteral #LifeLessons #ListenToYourHeart #StepOutOfYourComfortZone #BeFearless #DareToBeDifferent #DoWhatYouLove #Forgiveness #Quote #QuoteOfTheDay #PicOfTheDay

There’s no such thing as fiction. Our experiences are constructed within our own imagination. What we believe iz possible iz what we’ll experience. The life we’re living now iz only imagined in some of the minds of other infinite parallel versions of you.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content