login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★˚ On Beauty of Being Yourself /True To Yourself /page 1

Please join in no matter what year it is(:

☼Sometimes the best way to figure out who you are is to get to that place where you don’t have to be anything else. Unknown  

We first have to find the way of freedom from involvement before we can introduce freedom in involvement.”

[Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan]

☼If you’re able to be yourself, then you have no competition. All you have to do is get closer and closer to that essence. ~Barbara Cookwoonkaart-be-you-tiful.jpg

I AM MYSELF Today I practice being my real self. In so doing I do not deny others the same privilege, but seek to find in them the same miracle of life, the same wonder of being , the same delight in existence. Today I realize that all the Good there is, all the Presence there is, all the Power there is, is immediately available and immediately responsive to me. Today I enter into the faith of believing, the joy of knowing, and the act of living which proclaim the One Power and Presence in all things. And today, as a child, I accept this Presence that responds to me as warm, personal, and colorful. It is within and around and through me even as It embraces all things. Today I accept my partnership with the Infinite. Ernest Holmes

thread created in 2009. some pics and quotes added from thread once entitled BeYoutiful ❤Please join in no matter what year it is(:

Please post what you love! It is an awesome feeling!

I absolutely loved  the beauty in everyone sharing! 

would love to take a moment later to check out this thread from 2009 & on!

{bookmark} (:

added picture quotes in present

because ... that was something we didn't have 'back then'

though we always seemed to have what we needed!

the combo is pretty wonderful too!tongue-out

I absolutely loved  the beauty in everyone sharing! 

d68a1259f0513c50d6525704aa8b8bad.jpg

1437754120-10404390-10155919155420019-8666477206034998650-n.jpg

a6ef18_87193b6715744604a9875300637ab945~mv2.jpg_256

52e3211a1df6515b54f6dd7374a125e8--louise-hay-loa.jpg

Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. Howard Thurman

6c74c0ab4003bdba7a043e0e6c96827b.jpg

BEING YOURSELF

Joseph Naft:

love this guy!

1. Being Your Body
  2. Being Your Mind
  3. Being Your Heart
  4. Being Your Personality-In the inner silence, beneath our thoughts and emotions, we can abide untouched by personality
  5. Being Your Relationships-All the levels of relationship matter, whether based on separateness, as most are, or on sameness, uniqueness, or unity. Feeling free in our relationships, we can be fully ourselves.
  6. Being Your Job -Choose to do whatever you are doing, so you can fully be here doing it.
  7. Being Your PresenceAnd being in that world of sensitive presence, gives us a foundation to begin to understand the nature of higher levels of the spirit and to begin to reach toward being in them. At each step along this way, we become more fully ourselves, more uniquely ourselves.
  8. Being Your I
  9. Being Your Conscience

InnerFrontier

The Seeker

Adapted from Rumi

After years of inner work, 
A seeker found the door of the Beloved and knocked. 
A voice asked: 
“Who is there?” 
The seeker answered: 
“It is I.” 
The voice said: 
“There is no room for me and you.” 
And the door stayed shut. 
The persistent seeker engaged in ever deeper spiritual practice, 
And then returned to the door of the Beloved and knocked. 
The voice from within asked: 
“Who is there?” 
And the door opened, 
And the seeker opened 
And said: 
“It is You.”
Joseph Naft-Inner Frontier

Knowing yourself matters, but being yourself matters much more. And for both there are ever-deepening levels of meaning.InnerFrontier

Ninety percent of the world’s woe comes from people not knowing themselves, their abilities, their frailties, and even their real virtues. Most of us go almost all the way through life as complete strangers to ourselves. Sydney J. Harris

60e41915b6f1ebe34fbf95905b980d46---curtains.jpg

You discover, just how well the universe is designed. Everything you want becomes possible now. It is full of contrasting understandings and divine expression. You (NOW) express all your love, understanding, appreciation, as you BECOME ARE NOW emotionally free.

f3bc85cb4047737eace37043703cfebb--amazing-quotes-brass.jpg

By being yourself, you put something wonderful in the world,that was not there before. unknown

98070f3c695d6e542ffa5f42f253b997.jpg8d47559f2cc7b2076d3770f9e60936ea.jpg

Being myself involves no risks. It’s my ultimate truth, and I live fearlessly.

Wayne Dyer

Think about it, every moment of every day that you are alive, you are able to decide if what is really in your heart is true, and if you are living in the way in which you know your heart wants you to live. Are you living as yourself today? Are you living as the person who you know is really deep down inside of you, or are your living your life to satisfy the people around you? Make a stand today, and pledge to live your life as yourself from this point on. Don’t get discouraged or tempted to live as someone that you aren’t completely because when the end of your life comes, you will not have lived at all. Give your life meaning today, it is never too late to start dreaming, and it is never too late to make a concerted effort to follow these dreams. In fact, it takes a person of courage, integrity and heart to live their lives as they know they should live it. Live with courage, be yourself! ☼author unknown

Related image

See the source image

PROMISES YOU MAKE TO YOURSELF IS YOUR GIFT TO YOURSELF. THEY CREATE YOUR BELIEF IN YOURSELF.

713987d0b3dd2811d72a5b1d15f75733.jpg

dont-let-the-waves-of-others-drown-out-your-ocean-song-hold-your-heart-as-though-it-was-a-.jpg

The usual interpretation of self-knowledge is objectively knowing our strengths, weaknesses, and personality traits in their manifestations through our body, heart, and mind. There can be no true end-point to the acquisition of such self-knowledge for two main reasons. First, our personality has too many possible modes of acting and reacting to exhaustively know them. We can always surprise or surpass ourselves. Second, we change continually. So what we thought we knew about ourselves yesterday may no longer be true today.
Copyright © 2001 – 2015 Joseph Naft

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it. Henry David Thoreau

It’s your life but only if you make it so. The standards by which you live must be your own standards, your own values, your own convictions in regard to what is right and wrong, what is true and false, what is important and what is trivial. When you adopt the standards and the values of someone else or a community or a pressure group, you surrender your own integrity. You become, to the extent of your surrender, less of a human being.Eleanor Roosevelt

172380-Be-Yourself-Everyone-Else-Is-Already-Taken.jpg

Accept who you are…
and revel in it.
Mitch Albom

73284b71f4d4131d8a5e5081936f7086.jpg

65a0d009afa44bf68f589caab6cf8827--quotes-inspirational-motivational-happiness-inspirational-beauty-quotes.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Interesting topic. One thing that comes to mind is (can’t think of the word I want) that it can seem to be that we are at odds with ourselves at times. Expanding our comfort zone can be really uncomfortable, but it’s something we should be doing to grow. To be at peace with ourselves, though, we have to make ourselves uncomfortable sometimes. Peace comes through discomfort, kinda ironic. I think most of us find too much comfort and complacency uncomfortable. We grow, we rest, we grow, we rest, we grow, we rest.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Like many people here on bmindful, I am at a crossroads. I’m trying to listen to myself and to be honest with myself. For too long I have been pursuing who I wanted to be. I’ve had some success, but it was unsustainable. Everything was solely ego-driven. I didn’t play to my strengths. I took for granted who I AM – and how can you be truly successful if you are building on a false foundation?

A friend gave me a small book recently, Let Your Life Speak (Parker Palmer, Jossey-Bass publisher) and the following is an excerpt that speaks to this thread:

“Before you tell your life what you intend to do with it, listen for what it intends to do with you. Before you tell your life what truths and values you have decided to live up to, let your life tell you what truths you embody, what values you represent.”

It is wonderful. I know for my health and serenity I need to live in the country. I am trying to let go of doubt. I know once I receive and listen to my Heart it will manifest. Listening is the Key. I’vebeen praying to awaken and be in the moment, the NOW. I find myself constantly worrying about the past or the future circumstances, it is like dreaming. When I do have moments of clear seeing it is like being a child in Wonderland, so peaceful.

Another reason to include joy in your life has to with the hope you can feel about learning anything.

In reference to joyful learning I found this online: When I am feeling..Judgmental. I have an opportunity to become more… Accepting & compassionate
When I am feeling Confused I have an opportunity to become more… Educated, enlightened, informed
When I am feeling..Critical
I have an opportunity to become more… Compassionate
When I am feeling.. Needy, Weak, Dependent
I have an opportunity to become more… Strong, Confident, Independent
When I am feeling Pessimistic
I have an opportunity to become more… Optimistic
When I am feeling.. Self-blaming
I have an opportunity to become more… Self-accepting, self-compassionate
When I am feeling..self-destructive Insecure
I have an opportunity to become more… Self-secure

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Yes, it does help to replace worry with positive images, kinder thoughts. By the way I did stop exercises for awhile but now is the time to rethink and just do it. Off to the pool with me.

Ha ha. So true.

Just recently I met with someone’s approval, and I thought to myself “Please don’t approve of me. I used to be addicted to it.”

Thought this belonged in this thread, hope you all agree.

One and Only You by James T Moore

Every single blade of grass
And every flake of snow—-
Is just a wee bit different….
There’s no two alike, you know.

From something small, like grains of sand,
To each gigantic star
All were made with THIS in mind:
To be just what they are!

How foolish then, to imitate—-
How useless to pretend!
Since each of us comes from a MIND
Whose ideas never end.

There’ll only be just ONE of ME
To show what I can do—-
And you should likewise feel very proud,
There’s only ONE of YOU.

That is where it all starts
With you, a wonderful
unlimited human being.

May each and everyone of you be who you are to the best of your ability.

Blessings

Roxanne

Attitude Life Coach, helping others to see the Power of a Positive Attitude with Affirmations and Gratitudes, Learn to be The Creator of Your Life.

Selfcare, I really liked the excerpt you posted about opportunities/lessons which we all face everyday. I’ll have to copy it. My printer isn’t in service yet – like many other things since I moved. Poor me – NOT!
I believe I’ve been having multiple mini epiphanies brought on by having my perception of my life under reconstruction since the old one was blasted to smithereens! While it’s not yet smooth sailing, I feel better and better about having this new opportunity to take care of, honor and be true to myself. More growing and resting to come. Right MCM? Love, Jan

Pema Chodron says that we cannot shrink away from ‘troubles’ – it’s only in those moments that we CAN experience our true nature. If we try to assuage or ‘protect’ ourselves from discomfort and trials, we are missing opportunities to know ourselves and experience life truly fully. No one LIKES the challenges that come our way – but I’m trying to embrace the opportunity they give me. Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

40514578294_ae21d5f6b5.jpg104cbb8873aed2712823f1bc9c2dd8d5--owl-quotes-owl-sayings.jpg

“Today I rejoice in who I Am, what I think, feel and do!”

I love taking care of me because I allow myself to be awesome at it.

I claim all of my feelings as valuable because I am a true friend to myself.

Wow! All I had to do was be true to myself!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

In response to Fly me to the moon's post:

PERFECT!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

f8a364cbac7c649b1e6e5371bdb5924e.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

17ced0954e61f4fe9c3a1f292ced81ba.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to RJB's post:

wow! loving the energy on this thread!

thank you thank you thank you!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

E3944B8C-317D-45A6-B7BB-10D08AFDA83B.png

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

50 beauty quotes to inspire you! | Glamour Flare

In response to Nancee1953's post:

Absolutely! 

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content