login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★ Heart Felt Music--Playing For Change

Heart Felt Music—Playing For Change

Who Is Playing For A Change?Link->r journey->Playing For Change is  a movement created to inspire and connect the world through music. The idea for this project came from a common belief that music has the power to break down boundaries and overcome distances between people.

What a Wonderful World

“What A Wonderful World” featuring Grandpa Elliott with children’s choirs across the globe. In these hard times children and music bring us hope for a better future. Today we celebrate life and change the world one heart and one song at a time!!

5aa8edd233e298e5f23b09fc1433588b.jpg Fr

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

some links broken-in midst of repairing/feel free to visit as is(:

about ***_PLAYING FOR CHANGE_***
Playing For Change ♫Nature-Instrumental

Stand by me   
PLAYING FOR CHANGE
From the award-winning documentary, Playing For Change
Peace Through Music comes the first of many “songs around the world” being released independently. Featured is a cover of the Ben E. King classic by musicians around the world adding their part to the song as it traveled the globe.

3 Little Birds -This video is the first track on our new album, PFC 2 — Songs Around The World, ! We begin the journey in West Africa, the ancient village of Kirina, Mali. Three instruments start to play and we hear the familiar words “don’t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright.” This timeless message invites us on a musical journey through time and space. Together we continue to connect the world through music.

Imagine | Playing for Change | Performed around the world.

What’s Up?  (4 Non Blondes) by Playing for Change

One Love
This is one of Jimmy’s favorite songs and was put together by the folks at Playing for Change

Love is All

“Love Is All”. Turn it up, spread it around and lets make the world a better place one heart and one song at a time… [To celebrate the launch of the new PFC website]

namaste.bmp

Groove In G

We started this track in West Africa with a musical group named Tinariwen. We asked them to play a groove in the key of G, then as we traveled the world we added more musicians to the song. Over the course of our travels it transformed into a global jam with its roots in the blues.

Gimme Shelter

Gimme Shelter” is a track we have wanted to record for years and today we can finally share it with all of you. This song expresses the urgency we all face to unite together as a planet and offers us wisdom with the words, “War, children, it’s just a shot away… Love, sister, it’s just a kiss away”. It really is that simple. We dedicate this song to all the lost, homeless and forgotten people in this world. It is in the shelter of each other that the people live.

United

Sittin’ On the Dock of the Bay

7 Billion People | 7 Billion Actions | 7billionactions.org – By the end of 2011 the world will have reached 7 billion people. The United Nations Population Fund is leading an innovative global campaign to bring awareness to the opportunities and challenges that this milestone presents. But 7 Billion people means 7 Billion hearts. Music has always been the best way to speak to the hearts of the people. Playing for Change has partnered with the United Nations to present an original song around the world to serve as an anthem for such an important time, “United”.

We traveled across the globe, put headphones on musicians, added them to the track, and created a video that can serve as a tangible example of something positive we can all do together as a human race.

Lets inspire each other. Lets everybody get involved and join us on in this journey, so that together we leave this world better than we found it. To learn more about how to be part of the “United” track go to http://7BillionActions.org.

I once asked Roger why with such a powerful voice like his he was singing on the streets, he replied, “I am in the joy business, I come out here to be with the people”. Roger and Grandpa have brought so much joy to the life of millions and today we are blessed to see them reunited again. We all shine on and Roger’s light is as bright as the sun!!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Their Album
00:00 01 – Stand By Me
05:06 02 – One Love
10:04 03 – Warno More Trouble
14:33 04 – Biko
19:13 05 – Don’t Worry
22:38 06 – Talkin’ Bout A Revolution
26:13 07 – Better Man
31:31 08 – Chanda Mama
34:58 09 – Love Rescue Me
38:42 10 – A Change Is Gonna Come

The Best of Playing For Change

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk2PBSxRXL4

About the artist
A multi-media charity art project, Playing for Change was created in 2004 by producer/engineers Mark Johnson and Enzo Buono. Hoping to break down musical and social barriers and promote a peaceful worldview, the duo traveled around the globe recording street musicians playing the same songs with the idea of creating a pastiche of the recordings. The project’s first single, a cover of Ben E. King’s classic “Stand by Me,” featuring the Santa Monica street performer Roger Ridely, became a YouTube sensation. Since that time, Playing for Change has continued to release music and videos featuring various musicians from different backgrounds. Featured along the way have been many lesser-known artists like New Orleans musician Grandpa Elliot Small, as well as such bigger names as guitarist Keb’ Mo’ and U2’s Bono. In 2007, Johnson formed the non-profit Playing for Change Foundation to help give back to the various musicians and communities involved in the project. Then, in 2008, Johnson created the for-profit organization Timeless Media Group and partnered with the Concord Music Group to help fund and promote the work of Playing for Change. In 2009, Playing for Change released the CD/DVD Playing for Change: Songs Around the World. A second volume followed in 2010, as did the concert album Playing for Change Live.Matt Collar, Rovi
12/10/2012 was International Human Rights Day and proud to premier a new Song Around The World titled, “A Better Place”. This video was created through a partnership between Playing For Change and the United Nations Millennium Development Goals Achievement Fund. We realize that true change for the good of everyone always comes from the hearts of the people, and with music we can unite together to make the world A Better Place

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Here’s what the students we surveyed had to say about their experience in PFCF music programs:
• 100% want to continue taking music classes
• 99% said their class worked together as a team
• 97% gained pride & confidence from learning and performing
• 91% learned more about their place in the world
• 87% learned new things about their community
• 76% took a music lesson for the first time
Video Results of Playing For Change Foundation

“A recent comprehensive evaluation of our programs shows evidence of success, and we are inspired by the positive feedback from program participants. We are pleased to share with you some of what we heard and observed: the change in action.”

c92f69dd9aba1faccd8f9c25864fd129.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I LOVE this, S.C.E.!!!! I totally believe this… this is one of the most POSITIVE programs around.
I am a retired music teacher so hardly need to be convinced about the POWER of music!
One of the most wonderful things about music is how it can TRANSCEND cultural differences…I saw this time after time after time… and to observe it just fills you with joy. THANKS for this great post!
and: “JOY TO THE WORLD” as sung by Three Dog Night. :)
Imagine

I remember this from 1976

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

Tribute to heros

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

The real heroes are not the military clad ‘peacekeepers’ … but the genuine heroes are only ‘armed’ with love, peace, and imagination for a world that John Lennon Imagined as he wrote this song.
I love this song. Its my favorite. It never fails to inspire me.
Love to all,
Imagine / Betty

In response to Imagine’s post:
have just posted Imagine on another thread

John was such a beautiful soul

Katie Sabira
neil young

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Everyday People" features Turnaround Arts students alongside their Turnaround Artists including Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz, Paula Abdul, Misty Copeland, Elizabeth Banks, Keb' Mo, Forest Whitaker, and many more performing this timely song by Sly and the Family Stone.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

3a43af7cb8c1ed472d32020a0e6347f1.jpg2e3ba886b491271aa6561493e8411aa9--peace-love-happiness-peace-and-love.jpg

dedicated to my Dad...

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

love this

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content