login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Star Signs

What do you think of star signs?

I’ve always been fairly skeptical. The things people read you out from the paper are always so ambiguous they could be applied to any one persons situation.

However… there does seem to be something to it. I’ve read a couple of books on it (forget the names, we donated them to a library along with a load of other books we had) and there was some interesting coincidences.

There was also some epic failures failures though, ie as far as relationships go Mel and I are supposedly the LEAST compatible star signs possible, but we’ve been together over four happy years. No-one knows what will happen down the track, but we’ve certainly got off to a good start :) We’re very different people but that’s probably why we are so compatible.

A good friend of mine has been talking about them a lot recently and although I’m still not convinced, I’m willing to keep an open mind.

So… what do you think about star signs?

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

This is kind of related to this thread – I wonder if there is an abnormally high number of particular star signs when it comes to affirmations or personal development?

I wonder if there is any correlation between your personality type (based on the test in the Carl Jung thread) and your star sign?

btw Mel is a gemini and I’m a scorpion.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

I’m a Cancer and an INFP. My ascendant is Pisces. So I guess I’m growing into that.

What gets me with astrology is that the ephemeris is 2000 odd years out of date, so everything is wrong compared to sidereal.

Focus

freygan, could you tell us more about this out of date business?

This is really interesting because having done a hundred Jung profile checks, I finally settled with INFJ and then, quite by chance, I came across an oportunity to get a birth chart done. I couldn’t resist it because I wondered if they could possibly be the same or even similar. Now I’m a sceptic with sort of thing, or at least I was. The common ground was unbelievable; not quite a hundred percent but too close to ignore. It told me things that I would only admit to myself and I found myself unable to be so dismissive. At the same time I felt annoyed. I’d spent days trying to work this out when all the time it was written in the stars. All I had to do was enter my time and date of birth and it all came out. Like I said not 100 percent but if it’s good enough for Pareto, it’s good enough for me. Now when I’m reading a news paper, I don’t skip the horoscopes. I have a quick peek and hold it in mind; you never know.

Act positively, in the moment, with one eye on tomorrow. Freerace.

mel – If you look up in the sky (at night!) – the planets, sun, moon and constellations are lined up along an imaginary line across the sky called the ecliptic.

The constellations seem to be mostly stationary (cos they’re so far away) and the sun, moon, planets do a dance among them.

The astrological ephemeris maps where the fast moving objects (sun, moon, planets) are in relation to the constellations.

The ephemeris was mapped out a long time ago… during that time, we have moved relatively to the universe, our galaxy has moved. So in effect the constellations have moved, so the fast moving objects are moving against a different background of constellations. It changes one day every 70 years.

At the moment, the ephemeris is out of sync about 15 days.

wikipedia

Focus

I actually think what star sign you are born under tells an awful lot about that person.

Love Life
Sue

It would certainly be interesting to find out if there is a correlation between self-improvement and star signs.
I’m a gemini.

I can tell you I’m a Libran, but that’s as far as I go with any of this star sign stuff. The believers tell me I’m a “typical Libran”, but I don’t subscribe to it, sorry.

If you wish to follow the traits of any particular star sign, you can choose to do so. Just as you can choose to be a typical anything. If you believe in something, then you are more likely to act in such a way as to fulfill your beliefs.

As freygan says “Now when I’m reading a news paper, I don’t skip the horoscopes. I have a quick peek and hold it in mind; you never know.”

If you read the horoscopes & “hold it in mind” it is very likely to become a self fulfilling prophecy. Isn’t that just a type of affirmation – and we all know the power of those!!

“When you have the courage to step outside your comfort zone, life will never be the same again!”

i’m still undecided about star signs but man they can get some freakishly coincidental predictions sometimes

while i don’t read them all the time i picked up the paper and read under Aires and it said “the missing link will provide the key to a problem” or something and that day i finally found a compatible flat mate

i’m an archetypal Aires as well!

The only way to prove if horoscopes are anywhere near correct, is to read them the week after they were published. Did your life pan out as the prediction said it would? My money is on no.

Horoscopes & readings of any type, become self fulfilling prophecies, because in most cases, people want to believe. Nothing more than proof that affirmations do work!!

The power of the mind is far more powerful than the zodiac!

“When you have the courage to step outside your comfort zone, life will never be the same again!”

mufc,

I think horoscopes in magazines are exactly as you say, I think that the Sun sign in astrological terms and what they were in when you were born or if you were born on a cusp details your traits more.

Love Life
Sue

While I agree that we can choose to embody any traits we desire within ourselves (with some work, of course), I must admit to being a very typical Aries. :) Also, I had my chart done earlier this year, and it was pretty darn uncanny. So I take it with a grain of salt, but am far from a true skeptic of astrology.

For me there are some things that are right on about my sign but there are traits that I have like all the other signs have too.

I’m really not sure how I feel about it but beleive me there is no skipping when it comes to reading my sign’s predictions. It’s like we would like to know the future until it’s something we don’t want to hear! Better to stay with the affirmations this way you know you can have a better life. Can’t get any better than that.

Peace,
Mary

In response to godscreation’s post:

That is the same for me too, some things are right on about my sign and there are traits that I have with other signs too. I do know one thing that holds true for Capricorns is that we have an reverse aging process due to Saturn, I do like that bit very much! I often say this when people ask me why I look younger (giggle) lol

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I once delved into astrology – I really wanted to know! As I learned about all the positions, houses, overlaping, ascending, descending and what’s rising, I pulled a muscle in my brain! I was too overwhelmed and gave it up! So, everything affects everything – so you have traits of other signs. Everything could be explained away. I decided to be an observer instead. Much simpler and my predictions are just as accurate.:?

Lately, I’m wondering again because I have a friend who says the reason so many negative things have been happening is that “Mercury is in Retrograde” and what’s more, “Saturn will be going into retrograde soon” OMG!

If we are all “energy and vibrations” wouldn’t it make sense that celestial events can have influences? or is my head in the clouds;? Jan

I Am A Taurus, and a snake, and a manifesting generator. When dealing with the signs I think that we should also throw in the Chinese astrology and human design. Add to the mix the outside influences each of us has in our life and you will find a unique individual that is you.

We are as different as snow flakes and no matter how many similarities you find you are still just you and you are who you should be. Learn everything you can about the influences in your life, but you are still a unique individual, so remember nothing is written in stone.

The influences like Jan says, can affect us, but we have the choice to accept or deny them. My suggestion keep the Positive and toss the Negative. Positive energy will produce more positive energy and that is what we all really want.

Roxanne

Attitude Life Coach, helping others to see the Power of a Positive Attitude with Affirmations and Gratitudes, Learn to be The Creator of Your Life.

I’m all for:
“ keep the Positive and toss the Negative”.
“Positive energy will produce more positive energy and that is what we all really want”

Amen to that.

Love your posts and threads today..

I usually do!(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content