login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Preparing for the New Year

As we head off further into the month of December 2009, we are entering the winter season. This time of year always makes me think back over the year and assess what life changing events have come about, people I’ve met, and goals I’d like to achieve in the new year.

Usually I’d wait until after New Year’s to even think about any resolutions or changes for the new year. This year I have decided to get a head start on my goals and start making plans for the new year now.

Although there were some rough spots at the beginning and 1/2 way through the year, things have smoothed out, have calmed down and I can focus my attention to goals I want to achieve without a lot of noise and distraction.

I’m with you 100 percent! I’m doing a bit of mental prep myself. Making a change is quick, preparing yourself to make a change can take a bit of time.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Allright, am on with you too. I usually avoid making new years resolutions. I believe in either do it now or you wont. But I could start reflecting and planning. And might as well start already.

…what a wonderful world….

In response to aftab’s post:

aftab I feel exactly the way you do. The one ritual that’s done is throwing out things that are never used but still hoping for some kind of use for them. This way there isn’t alot of clutter. Plus it makes room for the universe to give you things needed for the coming year.

sophique never have looked back at what happened in the year ending it’s a really good idea and I think writing it in my diary will show me the choices that were made and how it affected my life. Thank you for the idea.

Wow, until this post I hadn’t given the New Year much thought! Hmmm I think I too will do some reflecting. Good call.

…What makes you different, makes you beautiful…

Rather than save it all up for year end, I like to do this quarterly (every three months)… that way, I have smaller amounts of time in between corrective action… plus, the way my life is, things change so quickly – what was important 3 months ago may be totally off my radar because bigger things have appeared. I’m sure that is probably true with a LOT of people.

But, year end is fun for the grandiose dreams. It is good to visualize my long term items and my things that I once thought of as unattainable.

It definitely is a good time to go through the house and declutter and out with the old… and try not to accumulate any new!! :) (It seems to appear anyway)

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content