login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★★SUGAR !

why we crave sugar

I love this lady and her wisdom.I thought this might be helpful and would love to discuss it on here

For many years I have used sugar and processed foods to numb /push down feelings and this year I am going to heal it and be learn and practice being in a space where I can safely allow the emotions and feelings to surface

“I honour my feelings and thoughts “
“ I feed my body foods and drinks that are nutritious for mind, body and spirit”
“I am healing”
“Just for today I will eat all healthy food”

the last affirmation may seem strange but I try to live by the reiki principles which start “just for today” and if I start to think about giving up and living sugar/junk free it feels a bit like an addict ,I can’t imagine it when I do start healthy eating I will take it one day at a time

There may come a time when I can choose to eat one cookie and not then start eating them to excess but I think at first my body and mind need to be flooded with health giving food and drinks

PLEASE join in with your thoughts, experiences I would love this to develop into a support thread

love ,hugs and peace
flowergirl

I just watched the video “Why we crave sugar” and being insulin resistant, is almost certainly going to occur if you eat foods rich in sugar for a period of years. That is what has happened to me. I am a diabetic. Every day I fight a battle within myself to eat foods rich in sugar. I crave them. This video offers several ways in which you can reduce your cravings by doing some simple routines each day to nourish your need for sweetness.

I encourage you to watch the video and try her suggestions to reduce your cravings for sugar. Then report back your feelings and progress or lack there of after 5 days, 10 days, 15 days, and 20 days. I have heard it takes 20 days to set a new habit.

A habit or addiction to self care cannot be all that bad? What do you think?

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

In response to Poppy’s post:
In response to flowergirl’s post:

Powerful thread!

Thank you for words of encouragement and the awesome affirmations!

I agree, overwhelmingly, that culturally, we are in terrific need of a health revolution.

Its a no brainer that our dietary habits and beliefs are a gateway… And, what is our choice? Are we going to take responsibility for our lifestyles?? Are we going to take our health, and make it a priority? And, what is our message to ourself, and to our families?

Are we empowering ourself? Are we willing to usher in change??

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

This is such a valuable thread, valuable to me, now.

Last night, I am pleased to report, that I cooked very lean chicken breasts, and made incredible chicken pot pie! I used those Puff Pastry Shells, by Pepperidge Farms, and it was magnificent. Then, had fresh salad, very modest amount of food!

Very tasteful!

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content