login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★★Deep Passion

Think of something that exemplifies your passion. What is it that makes it so attractive to you? Does it seem to come to you naturally, or automatic? Does it bring a very strong connection to someone you know? Do you feel it is sometimes guided from outside yourself?

I define deep passion as anything you enjoy as much as sleeping or eating. I have several deep passions I will readily give up either eating or sleeping to do. Let’s start a dialogue and see what commonalities and differences we share?

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

Wonderful thread Poppy! You create some amazing threads to get us thinking/feeling/ and creating the dialogue among one another (and ourselves). I will love visiting here, to feel-out my passions… and to be inspired by others. Thank you for this!

I Am living a Divine plan

Love is my absolute passion, sharing, caring and nurturing whether it is a kind word, gentle smile, or preparing a culinary dish that will bring about sheer delight. I dream of a magnificent world in which we all care and more importantly we all share.

One of my favorite quotes is:
quote “You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving.” Amy Wilson-Carmichael

• ~

added 1/23/2017

In response to Nancee1953’s post:

I must admit I’m right with you Nancee! As I look back on my day… and how I motivated myself to go to work…when relaxing at home sounded a wee bit better… I revamped my job description in my mind’s eye …. (nope it didn’t hurt) (: No really …I told myself, my job description was that I was a deliverer of joy, and sure enough … the most beautiful things happened w/co workers, bosses and the many people I was in contact with. (my personalized- job description; joy deliverer seems to create more joy for myself and get a job-done) (:

And where does (that kind of) joy come from -Love . Love.

In response to Nancee1953’s post:

How can you go wrong with love as an absolute passion. I too am very much into love and kindness, but I’ve never thought of it as one of my passions. On the other hand, I could get caught up in watching the colors of the sky change or wondering what vista is just around the next turn in the path, or capturing a perfect picture of a bird in flight or a peanut in its beak or an old oak tree standing in an otherwise barren field. I love a cool breeze on a warm summer night gazing at the stars. I feel a strong connection to nature and the earth. Watching sparks fly into a dark sky will capture my mind and allow all thoughts of worry to escape. I am passionate about the simplicity and complexity of beauty and life.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

In response to Poppy’s post:

Excellent thread Poppy!!

Very provocative question, it may take me a while to think about that…

I agree with Nancee, I would say that LOVE is truly a passion! But I am a very passionate person. And there are many things that I am deeply passionate about .

Justice is a very deep passion of mine. Service and contribution to others are truly passions.

But I am most deeply touched by love…

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

I relate to everyone here, I too am a very passionate person.

Observing from the outside-it may appear I am very single minded only passionate about whatever I am engaged with, where my spirit feels focused. And sometimes it appears there isn’t anything I don’t love. (video reminded me of an energy which resonates- Loving life ~ Jive Aces)

• ~
      In response to Poppy’s post: and feeling inspired by entire thread/everyone’s thoughts(:

aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRmJ1cmxhcGFuZGJsdWUuY29tJTJGd3AtY29udGVudCUyRnVwbG9hZHMlMkYyMDE1JTJGMDclMkZLYXJtYS1Wb2NlLUluc3BpcmF0aW9uYWwtcXVvdGUtcG9zdGVyLXdlYi5qcGc=?checksum=f7174702ca8d15cf48976f5c0c1167cc31c6540c&format=j

another quote I love which touches on what I am expressing is:
The master in the art of living makes little distinction between his work and his play, his labor and his leisure, his mind and his body, his information and his recreation, his love and his religion. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence at whatever he does, leaving others to decide whether he is working or playing. To him he’s always doing both. L. P. Jacks (Lawrence Pearsall Jacks, 1860-1955

My Passion
Oh my goodness, Poppy asks where does this come from: This thing that I allow before I go to work is a connection with my Higher Self. Being Higher ‘Self[ …I say it’s me-my Self… though I’m of the belief its very spiritual in nature;my joyous reality-a connection with my relationship with God, that communicates with me within.

Poppy asks does it bring a very strong connection to someone I know?
Interesting question… It can, it has, it does… Sometimes I am actively bringing up wisdom-energies of people I love (very alive within me)… (simply & beautifully a Higher Place-God focused/beyond Self/expansive) …And the joy/and or wisdom comes up immediately when I allow…

In this place-this Higher Place… It is only warm, supportive and loving there. With that love, I take care of me, and interact from (what feels like) the best parts of me with myself & others.

With that love, I feel music more joyously, find humor in life (take things more lightheartedly) , and can still work-hard… and forget I Am working.

Poppy asks Does it seem to come to you naturally, or automatic?
Yes, that it is exactly how it feels-natural & automatic… when I am still/ surrender with a belief of that ‘Something-More’ and allow, first.

This ‘place’ often acts as a filter. Only the energy that seems to line up with this place in side…like my own ‘little world’ which expands beyond my world(:

When ( very comfortable) I easily go to this place…(when engaging/interacting with others). This comfort is an inside job which I’m passionate about working(:

In my life, when sharing: I can go on airy tangents (with those I have a good connection with). … I can sound like I am going ‘around the block’ when chatting. My spirit feels like its painting and its creating and touching up … sharing experience with metaphors and analogies… joys and dreams.

For work: Because I interact with many…Praying and centering myself is a given. … This allows for more directed ways of being …so I can be quicker with my exchanges with others… (:
I end up recalling the day (most of the time) -with flow, purpose and satisfaction for myself (beyond Self) and with/for others) A job well done, a day appreciated, and a life I love that much more.

1/24/17 4:02AM EST

• ~

added at 5:45PM

Praying has allowed me to merge business goals and goals of my spirit in a passionate-bundle(: With prayer, love is the energy which finds a way of fulfilling things Greater than I could ever plan alone(:

PASSION TO BE CONTINUED... (OF COURSE)

In response to Kathi’s post:

Like you Kathi, I need time to think about my own passions. In response to Nancee I listed some of the things I like and enjoy very much. I want to go deeper with my feelings. I need to focus and respond to my own questions.

In response to going w/self-care flow’s post:

Think of something that exemplifies your passion. Like Kathi I have a true passion for service and contributions to others. I have spent my entire adult life in education both as a teacher and administrator. There are few things that thrill me more than seeing children or adults discover their own learning.

I also have a passion for connecting with nature as I’ve alluded to above. I spent most of today outside watching my bird feeders. I consider myself an amateur photographer and I I get very excited with an action shot in nature.

Perhaps one of my most cherished selfish passions is to allow myself to attempt to write free form poetry.

What is it that makes it so attractive to you? Teaching others they are capable of learning things they think they can’t learn and then seeing them successful in learning it just makes my heart sing.

Catching that great picture of something that makes others say, “Wow!” Is incredibly satisfying to me, but the real pleasure is when I look at my picture and say, “Wow!”

As far as my writing it is a tension release, therapeutic expression that validates my feelings about things I seldom have the opportunity to express any other way. I can say things I can’t say to others for whatever reason.

Does it seem to come to you naturally, or automatic? Teaching did not come to me automatically. I had to work at the content side, but the creative side was natural for me. It just came to me easily and it was fun.

With nature, my passion was not automatic. I have always enjoyed nature but it has only recently become a passion. I see the beauty and complexity of everything in a new and revealing way since my retirement. I had never taken the time to watch an ant carry large pieces of food on its back or tall grass waving in the wind. Connecting with nature keeps me grounded.

My writing is automatic! It just spews out of me. It is as if I can’t help it. Many times I attempt to go to sleep and I find myself writing for hours. It is a very powerful force.

Does it bring a very strong connection to someone you know? My passion for service and helping others goes back to my early high school days. Like many teenagers I was fairly lost in knowing who I was and what I wanted to do. There was one teacher in particular that believed in me. She hammered the thought in me that I was capable of doing whatever I wanted to do. That I was worthy of great things, to listen to my own heart and act on it. Of course at the time I had no idea of what she was talking about, but I clearly remember getting the message over and over again of acceptance and encouragement to try my hardest to be the best I could be. She opened my eyes to kindness, thoughtfulness, gentleness, hope, respect for others, empathy, and challenged me accept pure love for myself and let it flow out of me like a river and see where it took me. Then suddenly I was thrust into a world of insanity called the Vietnam War. I experienced or saw horrific things. Dark things that even now I repress and refuse to let surface. But it was good because I knew In my heart I didn’t want any part of hurting others. I knew then that my purpose in life was to help others, to lift them up, to give them the opportunity to see the goodness and love in their heart and let it flow out like a river.

I think my love for nature is just an extension and confirmation of what I learned from my teachers. Not just the ones from high school, but from everyone I meet, know, or read about.

As far the writing, it just happened. It is just there. Which leads me to my last question…

Do you feel it is sometimes guided from outside yourself? My writing, definitely YES, and no. I will be impacted by some injustice or news event or life experience and it wells up inside of me and then the writing just pours out of me. It is as if someone else is writing my thoughts for me and they come out fast and furious. I can hardly get them on paper. And when I am finished, and read them over, it is as if I’m reading them for the first time and I am often surprised I’ve written it.

post in process

• ~

so looking forward to reading all you have to say Poppy when you return!!
I can tell you are in the midst of it as I am (:

• ~

Thank you again for this thread. Identifying passion is an awesome topic!
I believe I’ve described in kind of a airy-way(: about the energy of my passion… What it feels like. I’ll leave it or simplify … I wrote that in the early hrs of morn…(it was like journaling from my heart … more for me) (:

I’m passionate about a great deal of areas like many of you. I can tell what I’m passionate about by looking at what I choose to do, or can’t wait to do…. I will take a look at this and review soon(:

• ~
    Though like Kathi, Nancee & yourself, service, is my territory long before job I’m currently with(:

• ~

post in process

• ~

New List in process
I desire to take care of myself from my heart & not from memory. Some valuable lessons were reinforced in this area during my recent vacation, and I will share soon…

I am passionate and derive wonderful satisfaction from my solitude/personal time/space. While I love the company of others… & spend a great deal of time with others and love this. I also literally jump for joy about my time off…. and then I am rejuvenated to give from a rested & loving space to others… and to me(:

• ~
  • Loving/enjoying fellow human beings -creates a very strong need to balance…it with designing ways to best take care of me for me…& for reasons to bring more to the table when serving others.
    So I’d say the designing of the effort & the doing for myself is also a passion of mine.
  • ~
    short article What is a A soulful self-care enthusiast ? I like what author Lynda Monk
    wrote in her journaling exercise/down the page.

• ~

Today I went to a tranquil lake right where I live….basked in the sun…

Enjoyed my location and today’s temperature. The lake/pool is in same setting…

Sky so blue, trees so green… and beautiful sea gulls flying high & low

After I enjoyed the gym… just steps from there…

Was going to do some writing/planning …(something else I am passionate about….) though I was too relaxed(:

I made a call to a close friend while enjoying … (great setting to interact w/good friends…even when its just by phone)

I went home… very peaceful… with thoughts of cooking something wonderful for my lil’ family unit… I love that…(though not yet) (:

Another passion of mine is enjoying the act of pacing myself… to savor and feel good along the way.

That is what I’m passionate about- enjoying what is in my life in the here & now… as I desire(:

will return to share & list more

Helping others via the particular medical area I’m currently working in…originally wasn’t completely natural for me… even though I adapt to my choices pretty well.

The service part was easy!

Some of the information I was surrounded by I had some previous training … Though needed new education along the way for this work-focus.
My earlier education is quite a mix(:

Much of my past ‘passionate-work’ & personal focus has been of more of a preventative nature ( health )

..Though the part that made the transition to a new area was my love to educate and serve in health.

I found a way to be me, utilize my tranferrable-skills …to be/do what is needed and serve in this less chosen field.

And I have been working in this area & place for last 20 years+ (while doing other things on side).

The more true I am to myself, the more I love giving in ways that my spirit agrees with which melds ‘it all’ together… I am often kind of amazed how it has continued to work out(:

• ~

[I am already feeling a bit of what we all have in common on this thread and how we approach things a bit differently) (:

I’ll save this part for that!

• ~

• ~
    other areas I’m passionate about coming soon…
  • ~

What is it that makes it so attractive to you?

• ~

Awww, Poppy! My heart connects with you, a teacher, who embraces and is thrilled by the awakening of “learning” in others!

And your poetic language, the art of heart, into the journey of kindliness, discovery and of nature, rich, abundant, rewarding, beautiful and yielding…

I love this thread! Good stuff!

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.

I think that my mind is still searching for context and further clarification.

For me, it is like looking at brilliance, incredible union of rays like a kaleidoscope of my heart.

Another thought is how I experience this physically, in my organs. My breath, my heart beating, my stomach digesting, my hands working, my feet being grounded and moving forward, my eyes and all of my senses.

For me, the experience leads me into an area of trust… The more I journey, the more I develop trust from experience, connection, creation, union, contribution, service, balance, need and gratitude.

I am not loosing focus on deep passion, but I am releasing fear, and I am embracing my self and others— brotherhood/sisterhood.

I think that healing and the need for release comes up when we work on alignment of deep passions!

Yes, this has been quite a topic for me too. It seems I have difficulty differentiating between my inner passion for living and specific passions.

I love to serve, though don’t think of it is a passion… really. Though I can’t imagine being present and not desiring to give of myself…

Like you Poppy, I love to write. When in school, I enjoyed writing term papers… They always began quite long…. because I wanted to ‘get out’ everything that surfaced… And of course when it was time to hand it in… it was … reader-friendly (for others). (: I enjoy your poetry Poppy, and would love to see more of what comes up for me there…
Writing is a big part of my everyday-life. Yup, passionate about creating that way too(:

Another passion of mine (like Nancee said) is dreaming. I am feeling quite good about the future because I’ve allowed myself time/space to see how who I am (as I am) can create a business with things that I am truly passionate about. And then – a natural place from that is serving… for me. In Greek sales …means to serve. And I’m ready to incorporate some very meaningful things I truly enjoy into a business plan. I have a bit of time… So I am still enjoying the possibilities as I dream/plan(:

Kathi I was particularly interested in your description of the physicality you talked about. I do feel my heart racing, but it is more emotional for me.

I do hope you will let it percolate until it’s brewed just right. Then, we will all drink up your wisdom!

I thirst for more!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

Thanks Self Care!

I have really learned a lot from you, about enjoying this moment, and about positivity!

Regarding positivity, I learned to be responsible for all of my little thoughts, and to check and maintain my alignment with what it is that I am asking myself to manifest.

Those little thoughts are valuable forms of energy and choice, and in there, is context.

And, it is from context that we create, powerfully. We choose. We become teachable, coachable, open, flexible, and NEW.

WOW!
It is hard for me to respond to you. You put so many ideas into each post that my mind is often overwhelmed. I want to say so many things about so many things that I can’t say anything about anything.

Just WOW! …at least for now

That is funny you should say that, because I’m impressed in your ability to narrow things down(: though thank and love to feel the wows I experience with your contributions! I am having a great deal of fun!

I reread your post about deep passions, and still allowing time to see what this means for me… And so many things seem to light me up(:

Say for example… my day is just about to get rolling (things I choose/need to get done before work tomorrow) … and this is what made a difference in my spirit…

drum roll… Bmindful…

I love this site! I love the community. I love what it stands for… I love reading what others enjoy, what they are working on… what they create… I love to see everyone processing their thoughts and feelings. I love to contribute for myself, share, be shared with…

I love what affirmations do for my life, for my spirit.

The other day I utilized 1 affirmations (at least) (:

1) I Am a fully functioning, capable, competent human being.

What a powerful experience while attempting to do something that I felt less certainty about attempting.

I have loved the power of self talk for what feels like a life time.

I can see where it came from… I loved the loving things I’ve heard, and decided not to wait for others to say them(:

Years ago I took classes (inspired by a class I was taking)… in hypnotherapy. I saw the power that can be created so quickly with logical phrases that my spirit would accept. That is what I’m truly passionate about… What was I passionate about?
1. power of language to self
(would like to develop it more for sharing w/others)
2) the love in this community and the creativity generated here
3) the joy of ‘working’ with the site…Although it never feels like work… I’m loving all of you, and loving the joy/growth here!

• ~

4) working w/this site utilizes past job transferrable skills and all that comes from my spirit.

I’ve repeated to myself the question Brian Tracy used to ask:
What would you do that you love to do, if you weren’t paid at all?
This question is supposed to show you what you are passionate about….
and… then there was Bmindful(:

Transformation is a definite passion of mine!

Using affirmations and creating a life that I sincerely LOVE, is a passion.

My faith, my spiritual persuasion is an important passion and also it is central to how I view life and how I am organized. This is a huge area for me, and from this comes a direct connection to many other passions: my political views, my opinions on policies, agenda, societal structure and function, and likewise, my world views. It filters my view of money, marriage, wealth acquirement, politics, justice, and freedom.

In all, I believe that my single deepest passion is my faith.

I am literally physically, emotionally and spiritually organized around those core beliefs. And, all of my other views or my opinions are filtered by my faith.

Even my professional skills are founded in my faith.

Even in the way that I raised my daughter, and she is agnostic. And I love and support her in all of her life choices. Freedom to choose is our most authentic of all choices. Its our most powerful, and most definitive of all choices. And no one can make that choice for us, nor can they separate us from being who we are, and what we are.

“Freedom to choose is our most authentic of all choices. Its our most powerful, and most definitive of all choices. And no one can make that choice for us, nor can they separate us from being who we are, and what we are.”

These are the best three sentences one could ever read!

I love how you’ve described the origin of what is meaningful to you. and love how & what you’ve shared!!
Thank you!

Faith as an origin… Now I’ll let that … set… That is a great place to meld passions, and a passionate life.

Kathi brings up harmony in posts below… I’d like to share how faith, love, hope , harmony create, and enhance a passionate life for me.

to be continued…
This is a powerful thread! And can feel how we all may have our own way of approaching… though 1 thing I can say its all very passionate.

Peace over fear, that is truly a passionate beautiful faith filled-stance.

to be continued…

One more thought about faith…

As an adult, more so than when I was in my youth, I developed my understanding of my self and of my constitution, through studying scripture.

I also studied other faiths, including Buddhism and also Esoteric doctrine, philosophies and principles. Thus, the four Noble truths. The practice of harmlessness. Compassion and patience.

Of all my learning and how it contributed to my comprehension of who I am, what I am and where and why I am, I learned proper use of will, wisdom and activity.

It was with that, that I could begin to literally heal and forgive myself… I learned that my perception, and my understanding and my information were incomplete, thus, conflict with others.

This helped me unify and solidify my understanding of who and what I am, and of my greater purpose.

I can look back at some of my life’s greatest challenges, and there is not one major life experience where my faith and my principles where both a comfort and a compass.

Very powerful stuff…

If your perception, or your understanding, or your information is incomplete, you will be on conflict with others…

Timing is perfect for this thought, in this exact moment!!

I’m all over this!!!! I am having conflicts with some of my family members!

Out of this good work, I choose harmony and harmlessness. I choose peace over fear!

“Freedom to choose is our most authentic of all choices. Its our most powerful, and most definitive of all choices. And no one can make that choice for us, nor can they separate us from being who we are, and what we are.”

“Kathi’s Quote”

This or that
Oh! What to do
I wish, I wish
I knew, what to do

Is it best to do this or that
Should I put my choices in a hat
Could there be another that?

Flip a coin
Or pull a straw
Oh! What to do
I wish I knew
I truly do

If I choose
I’m me to blame
I don’t want to play
This silly game

Of all the choices
I must choose
Freedom is mine
To win or lose

A powerful choice
It must be
No one can make
The choice for me

Freedom makes us
Who and what we are
Choose to be
Your brightest star!

Beautiful Poppy!!!!!

ALL Smiles!!!

Thank you for sharing your inner most thoughts with us via your creative and beautiful poems.

Truly always a gift!

We all have deep passions! And being able to get back to our core is particularly powerful! Our passions are a very real part of our core.

Now, I understand, and, the synchronicity of this thread is unbelievably perfect!

I now understand why I have been sick with pneumonia for 3 weeks!

Now, I see purpose and I see and feel the real change, and its within… Embracing change is just part of the process, my process…

This has been such a powerful thread for me! I just added several new, great affirmations on my profile, and Poppy, I just am totally flowing in the growth and the contribution of this thread.

This is how powerful and how fortuitous spontaneity is!

Here are a few of todays affirmations:

~ I create success from within

~ I accept love in to the sacred space of my soul

~ I 100% love, accept and celebrate myself!

~ I release myself from all obstacles and boundaries! I release all fear! I declare I AM FREE!

~ I invite the UNIVERSE to support me and powerful peace to propel me to my sacred destiny.

~ I claim Eternal peace, divine order and connection to the purest Energy of the source of All things!

~ I effortless grow beyond all limiting beliefs.

I am glad you are finding this thread helpful, but the credit is all yours. You are doing the work. By the way, Great Affirmations!

Poppy, we (I’m sure) accept your modesty(: Though I concur-awesome thread! Thank you for creating it!

I can see this thread truly being a regular place to add to
Thank you always-for all you share and the wonderful way you choose to do so!!

• ~
    And Kathi, yes… wonderful place/work you’re experiencing!!! I too am enjoying your affirmations & your beautiful energy that always goes along with your posts!!

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content