login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

- -★★Self Love|2nd Edition-SOUL FOOD SERIES

self-love-jill-culver.jpg

previous Soul Food thread-1st edition

What is the most important thing or aspect in your realm?

The responses can be many and varied, your spouse, family, friends, members at your house of worship, your job, but what about you? You are the most important part in the whole scheme of things. Have you ever contemplated, what if there was no U?

The movie “It’s a Wonderful Life” normally shown around the Christmas Season gives us a glimpse of what could possibly occur when someone is removed from Life. It could be viewed from the perspective that the dramatization of events depicted was for the purpose of film and capturing the attention of the audience, or was it?

Each and everyone one of us is essential to the Universe and plays a very significant part in this journey called Life. Consider for a moment that Life as we know it is a beautiful tapestry filled with every color imaginable tightly woven together creating something amazingly beautiful.

In as much as we are all individuals, our relationship with ourselves is more important than the relationship we have with others. It all begins with you. There is a saying “Hurt people, hurt people” by Will Bowen, this is so poignantly true. So what about individuals that are filled with love? They are free to spread that glorious feeling near, and far, like a magical butterfly, what ever they do and what ever they say love flows from them in wonderful ways. Once you accept the depth of this responsibility, you can freely lavish respect, love, acceptance, forgiveness, tolerance and grace onto yourself and everybody.

I have selected a song to assist in putting you in the mood, so to speak for this part of our journey together as we continue on this wonderful journey of nurturing our Soul. Unwritten

Some of the phrasing that is used in the lyrics of the song speak to my soul,

“Reaching for something in the distance So close you can almost taste it Release your inhibitions Feel the rain on your skin No one else can feel it for you Only you can let it in.” Natasha Bedingfield

Every magnificent moment of Life is to be savored, enjoyed and lived to the fullest extent. This can only be done when we are totally free, defined by a place of love and appreciation. That is when the true magic occurs.

Once you are totally open and allow your love to freely flow seemingly mundane tasks take on a special meaning of joy. All at once you are transported to a new realm, a state of love where no matter what you do, you know you are doing it for you. Something as simple as washing the dishes has a whole new meaning. It becomes an act of love, of caring for yourself. You are the MVPU the most valued player in the universe. There is only one you, no one else has your talents, gifts, quirks, idiosyncrasies, sense of humor or perspective on this journey.

There is a quote by Dr. Phil, “We teach others how to treat us”.

I have found this concept to be both empowering and poignant.
When we truly love ourselves we have a profound sense of value and with it comes self-respect.

When one truly appreciates the magnificent creature they are, then boundaries can be established in terms of what is acceptable behavior.

I will use myself for an example, my manner is calm, gentle, easy going and peaceful. I am soft spoken. When I come in contact with individuals who are loud or use what I view to be an inappropriate tone when speaking to me, instead of withdrawing or sulking, I am comfortable enough in my own skin to be able to address them respectfully. I ask that they not use that tone when speaking or addressing me as it is not appreciated. By the same token, if I find their use of language to be coarse, offensive or abrasive, I will again respectfully communicate my displeasure. If the action continues without any modification,
I will respectfully but firmly state “this conversation is being discontinued”.

My philosophy is, all opinions matter and should be valued. We are all capable of respectfully disagreeing. When a disagreement occurs, I simply let it be. There is no need for exercising a “battle of wills” or having an argument, I find this type of action to be counterproductive. Conditions can often escalate to the point where self control is lost. When you set boundaries for yourself and others you will find it is often appreciated and reciprocated. By setting boundaries, mutual respect, balance and harmony can then be achieved.

When you lavish love and affection on yourself it is as if you can hear your spirit sing, the feeling that is generated is heavenly. These actions of love open the door so that loves seems to surround you flowing freely into your life and those you come in contact with, unleashing a positive flow of energy which can not help but return right back to you.

There is a quote that resonates with me “charity begins at home and spreads abroad.” by Sir Thomas Browne. When you are able to freely love and respect yourself, it becomes natural for you to share that same love and respect with others. Envision a world in which we all love ourselves freely and easy like a gentle breeze. Then a wave of positive energy can surge throughout our world as powerful as the oceans that comprise the sea. A wave of love passing from one to another regardless of race, creed or color our genuine love of self translates to a general love for humanity.

Love Train

Self Love is the highest form of nurturing ones spirit.

Take a moment and give yourself a long look in the mirror, smile and give yourself a wink. Your presence is just breath taking. Tell yourself how wonderful you are and how much in love you are. Share all the wonderful things you love best about yourself. Most importantly, forgive yourself for disappointments. Feel the love, acceptance and joy from within from the emotional release. Treat yourself to Love.

One of the ways I express love to myself is by making time just for me. In the evening, I make a point of taking time to reflect on the wonderful things that have occurred or people I have met during the course of the day.

I light scented candles, jasmine and sandalwood are some of my favorites. Often I savor a cup of herbal tea, chamomile for relaxation, peppermint, Constant Comment or ginseng, I indulge because those are things that I love doing especially for me.

I enjoy reading and often read several books at the same time, so I alternate which one I will devote some of my time. Followed up by a therapeutic detox bath or a relaxing bubble bath. Before I go to slumber land I write in my gratitude journal all the blessings that I have received and Thank the Universe for a wonderful day. I then lie down and in “my minds eye” I review/acknowledge the events and smile, expressing gratitude all the while. These are some of the things that make my spirit glad.

How about you?

What are some of the ways you show love to yourself?

Can you feel a sense of joy and immense satisfaction as if you know you have arrived at a wonderful destination?

Do others around you seem to pick up on your love as if you are wearing a new fragrance and gravitate towards you?

People tend to dwell more on negative things than on good things. So the mind then becomes obsessed with negative things, with judgments, guilt and anxiety produced by thoughts about the future and so on.
Eckhart Tolle

1. What are some of the ways you show love to yourself?

I cater to myself. My environment is appointed with things that I love, from sea shells, books, incense, candles, flowers and paper dolls. I surrounded myself with things I love.
I enjoy Warm baths for relaxation, so there are a variety of bath salts and such. It I winter in my realm so I have all kinds of tea and hot chocolate to savor. Yes, I “spoil” me, because I love me madly. I am so darn grateful to be magnificently “Me”.

Can you feel a sense of joy and immense satisfaction as if you know you have arrived at a wonderful destination?

Emphatically YES!!!
Practicing “Gratitude” is absolutely the best. It has opened up a magical world of wonder and delight. Gratitude is taking me to the highest of heights of absolute joy and love.

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Ohhhhhh wonderful Robert!!!

I remember many years back a teacher telling me to tell myself at all times, "I LIKE MYSELF VERY MUCH", now at the time I couldn’t understand why that was so important, but I eventually ‘got it’ laughing

AHHH,  Robert, I too have learned the secret to life and that is to Love and to share Love with all. You receive Love as it  emanates from the Source directly to you. Receive it  gratefully with an open spirit, mind and heart. There is great beauty and comfort that is absolutely breath taking.

3ad70aad461bf71faff127a6cc328148.jpg

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

a2317e0f1c68c9dffc9c4e55f1cba469.jpg

8b2af218c67338fe19c095227bd73969.jpg

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

Serenity Lake, you make me laughing I thoroughly understand, you have to be authentically true to you in whatever you think, say and do. Sinatra sang it best, "I've got to be me" and I do so agree.

When there is love in your heart, everything outside of you also becomes lovable.  ~Veeresh

inner-love.jpg

Do others around you seem to pick up on your love as if you are wearing a new fragrance and gravitate towards you?

Looking forward to answering these questions in the  present...

be back soon!

Thanks Nancee for another beautiful thread!!!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

03ba01358ab766597f80a878bffc2dc4.jpg

life-poem-part-two.jpg?w=611

love-in-its-essence-is-spiritual-fire-quote-1.jpg

Affirmation

117147e82545182712ee7f990ebd08fd.jpg

love-11.jpg

Open-your-eyes-to-the-beauty-around-you.jpg

7ea46a2a72640c94b4871f26b1f73ce7.jpg

563340_10151929409265514_29086141_n.jpg

tumblr_mbabqwWWM11r63p7zo1_500.gif

tumblr_nmx2eusBhI1qzh7bfo5_r1_500.gif

giphy.gif

dont-be-scared.jpg?w=300&h=300

6168.gif

I-love-me.jpg

giphy.gif

self-love-wild-sister.jpg

12144694_10153750152848707_5395169523979070676_n.jpg

Everything-I-need-485x600.jpg

Image result for self love quotes with art

Image result for self love quotes with art

giphy.gif

Image result for love your self

Image result for love your self gif

Image result for inspirationals elf love

Image result for joy of the spirit quotes

Related image

Image result for loving myself quotes

Image result for self love gif

Image result for self love quotes gif

Image result for self love quotes gif

Image result for self love animation gif

Image result for self love animation gif

Related image

Image result for finding yourself quotes gif

source.gif

Related image

7f96bbbead1d87b3337c7439beabadcd.jpg

There is a horse from California called Disguysthelimit a play on words the sky is the limit.
yadayadayada

th?id=OIP.1iAuNnF8Uio5cxAAevhbygHaFj&pid=Api

Image result for love yourself gif

th?id=OIP.KuwFF6oNgBMe4LQwmDVIkAHaKY&pid=Api

tenor.gif

believe-in-marriage1.jpg069cd3c59acf302188d13b4226c34fe7--louise-hay-daily-affirmations.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0KdPysNVLQJhM_A8Aumez6dZl7UcMLvhcNMygk9AHIUCApJcU

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

If you realized how beautiful you are, you would fall at your own feet. (Katie)

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

See the source image

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

See the source image

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

maxresdefault.jpgSee the source image

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Nancee1953's post:Re: There is a quote by Dr Phil "We teach others how to treat us"

Treat yourself with love and respect, and you will attract people who show you love and respect ~ Rhonda Byrne

See the source imageIMG_3130.png

ca4e0dda35186adeac596cec8f28ee64.jpg

“What’s the greater risk? Letting go of what people think – or letting go of how I feel, what I believe, and who I am?”  Brene Brown

“The truth is: Belonging starts with self-acceptance. Your level of belonging, in fact, can never be greater than your level of self-acceptance, because believing that you’re enough is what gives you the courage to be authentic, vulnerable and imperfect.”Brene Brown

“Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.”Brene Brown

93b4a43a753a83b76836e5c64c460876--self-acceptance-love-others.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Did this in counselling. For EVERY negative thought about yourself, there is an unhealthy way of thinking present. These are those ways of thinking that feed your negativity and keep you in a shitty mindset. BE AWARE.

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

self love is far from selfish. Self love opens the door to every healthy form of giving there is.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

12144694_10153750152848707_5395169523979070676_n.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to D Enterprise's post:

great post!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

006-self-love-quotes.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Nancee1953's post:
This is an awesome thread. I reread all of Nancee’s words in her intro. What a beautiful person and awesome teacher. Thank You forever and a day.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

0ec0698e1410ee98c129048ee8640060.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Nancee1953's post:

love this thread! Love Nancee! Love our community!

Love her focus Questions! Everything here on thread awesome inspiration- just like Nancee!💖💝😍💐

How about you?

this is my focus for this early afternoon. I will allow it to define how I ease into my day and see how my energy & actions are allowing myself a good and loving day.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Nancee1953's post:I strongly recommend community take a moment & read Nancee’s intro It is awesome!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content