login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★You Are On The Path To A Simplified Life

thread originally contributed in 2009. feel free to add what works for you… 

• ►• All we will have left at the end of our lives is how we have treated each other and ourselves HUGH PRATHER

from Paauwerfully Organized5 Incoming Items
Things come flying into our busy lives these days in one of five ways:
Paper
Email
Voice Mail / text messages
Verbal requests from others
Thoughts in your head (things to do)

It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not.
The moment I decide where I want to go, the world will make room for me.

►• Deciding to simplify our lives and bring order to our homes by sending on the objects we no longer love to new, happier incarnations with people who will genuinely appreciate them is the way to open ourselves up to receiving an abundance that will perfectly suit us. Sarah Ban Breathnach

‘Clutter is not just the stuff on
your floor —
it’s anything that
stands between you and the life
you want to be living.”
— Peter Walsh

memory clutter

I love planning for things… Like things I enjoy experiencing

Lets get affirmations going here:

-Today ideas flourish as I declutter, organize and create my home & my life I see in my minds eye

• ~

Garbage clutters the house that has no dream.

~Mike Dolan

selected-quotations-from-hugh-prather
►• Simplicity. This – is a stability, a straightforwardness, a purity of the mind that is often expressed in a simpler lifestyle – a simpler diet, a more orderly routine, a more intelligent use of time, less clutter, less financial chaos, fewer involvements – in other words, less world, more peace.There is nothing more to happiness than this.

►• Gentleness . A truly gentle mind will remain happy under even difficult circumstances. Gentleness can take up any subject without harming it or wishing it harm. It is adaptable, makes allowances, understands – and thus remains itself throughout everything that occurs.

• ►• On Purpose You have a habit of operating from a series of unconsciously set,conflicting goals (and thus having very cluttered lives); you necessarily want and need a better approach. One simple way to attain this is to decide what kind of person to be (and thus what sort of day to have) before the day actually decides this for us. You can decide before sleeping what your waking purpose will be – you can picture the kinds of things you want to happen every day, before they actually happen.. ~Hugh Prather

• ►• Peace. This – as it is freedom from conflict – is at the core of happiness. If you are not clear about what you are getting ready to do or say, you are on the verge of scattering your thoughts and throwing away your extremely valuable peace. It is a willingness not to rush ~Hugh Prather

• ►• Be single-minded. Be purposeful. Be focused. Know who you are and what you truly want. Be conscious. Be aware. Formulate your purpose into words. Etch it on your heart. Repeat it in your mind. And above all, live it and live it and live it. ~Hugh Prather
      • ~
    • ►• Perceptions

•  

Perceptions are not of things but of relationships. Nothing, including me, exists by itself- this is an illusion of words. I Am a relationship, ever changing. HUGH PRATHER, From Notes to Myself

PeterWalsh youtube

Organizing Ideas/ Excuses PeterWalsh/Oprah

a small chat lovinglivingsmall
      Every small space dweller is looking to keep a styled yet organized and clutter-free home. This can definitely be overwhelming when space is limited. But there are ways to go about making your small home feel bigger and better! Let’s hear what Peter has to say about form & function of small spaces, small space tips, editing a small space and more. to read more

•  

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

aw wow just the thread i need,due to a difficult patch ,kids dad died ,my daughter was in an eating disorders unit for 5 months and my mum dying and my own health challenges i have let our home slide into a tip full of clutter and so disorganised,i got started just before christmas and made a big impression on two rooms but sliding backwards .Still motivated to sort it out but could really use some encouragement and ideas .love flowergirl

this is great , i like the way you plan things ,im so chaotic .We live in a 3 bed house with living room ,dinning room and small kitchen ,as my lads are 22 and 17 i gave my eldest the dinning room as a bedroom and we put table and chairs in living room but just cluttreed it up .He moved into brothers bedroom over christmas and ive had a lovely dining room but will have to give it back soon so i need a big declutter and a plan to get rid of stuff ,charity shops will collect .Cleaning will become a time for mindfullness not a chore .
“my home is clean,tidy and cared for and is a welcomung place for family and freinds .I lovingly care for it and keep it nice “

“I love and care for our home “ ,really need to keep affirming this as i keep hearing myself saying “i hate this house “ – “this place is a tip “ – “i cant stand living here “- what awful affirmations i have been saying .love flowergirl

Flowergirl, remember everything happens for a reason and always a good reason. When you are working with cleaning up the clutter, I have a suggestion. Take a picture of the area you are going to work on. then you will be able to see what needs to be changed or deleted. I like to take the picture and put it on Paint.net and color out the stuff that doesn’t need to be in that area. You get an idea of what the area will look like and have fun making it look that way. After you are finished with the area take another picture and compare. No matter what you did it is going to look different and you will feel good about your accomplishments. So take it one section at a time. Remember you can’t eat an elephant all in one sitting. One bite at a time is the answer.

God Bless Roxanne

Attitude Life Coach, helping others to see the Power of a Positive Attitude with Affirmations and Gratitudes, Learn to be The Creator of Your Life.

hi Rockswealth ,thank you for your help ,what is Paint.net .I did find some old photos in a drawer that i took of the piles of stuff and i realise its nowhere near as bad as it was .I love the elephant comment .love flowergirl

“today i give away anything that is not used,loved or treasured “ we have two charity bags through the door and one collects monday ,one tuesday and as we dont drive they are a godsend for giving away things .I keep sayingi must have a good clutter clear so the universe has heard me and given me the opportunity to give things to help others .Its a beautifull sunny ,frosty morning so music on bags/boxes ready and im going through every room today and tommorow .love flowergirl

coming back here

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content