login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★HappinessMtg:Preparing your Heart  for Holiday

Hello Bmindful!

Welcome to the Happiness meeting!

We are on the cusp of our holiday festivities. Many of us have just finished with celebrating Thanksgiving, and in our last Happiness meeting, we were focusing on sacred appreciation. As many of us have experienced, the greater your gratitude, the greater your bounty!
For many of us, it is the same with love. Love begets love!

In this meeting, we will be invited to prepare our hearts for the holiday season. There are many religions, and we on Bmindful want to celebrate our diversity. We want all faiths to feel welcomed and respected.

Regardless of your religious persuasion, you are all invited to join in the meeting as we explore the topic of preparing your heart, and of welcoming new life, new possibility, new beginnings, new growth and all of its manifestation!

your official Happiness Meeting Invitation

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

Introduction

What does it mean to prepare your heart for this holiday season??

A good place to start is with yourself. How are you and where are you with regards to this coming season?

Many of us well know that where ever you are, and whatever you are confronting, it seems to get more exacerbated during holidays. If you’ve had a challenging year, if you’ve been struggling, if you are dealing with some type of a loss, those feelings definitely become more powerful and are felt more intensely during the holiday.

With that said, its valuable to acknowledge All that you have going on. Acknowledge all that you are up to, and all that you have been able to accomplish.

Take time with this, because this can be very deep work. For many of us, the work that we are accompolishing does not manifest itself on the surface. It does not show up in the checks and the balances, and we may not be fully able to express easily to others what we have gotten our self through recently.

What is valuable is that you acknowledge your work, your journey, the value that you have earned, and most importantly, where you are with your self and what you choose next on your sacred path.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.

Questions and reflections:

Please take time, and try to experience all that you have going on.

It may take time to fully give yourself over to this task.

Sometimes, we are hyper aroused or we are very “outside” and are unable to tap in to the inside. You may need time and space. One quick way that I use is that I start paying attention to my breathing. The more I relax, the deeper and slower my breathing. Finally, my mind calms down, and I am able to connect with all that is inside.

Once you have really gotten inside, and have gently calmed your mind, you can begin to notice more and more about yourself, and take longer breaks from your mind!

This is a practice! The more you can give to yourself, you will also be in a space where you can be more authentic and generous with yourself and with others. And, your listening begins to turn more inwardly…

While you bring yourself into this relaxation, I would like to offer questions and reflections for this meeting.

Tap in to your heart… What’s happening in your now??

What’s the most attractive thing right now?? What are you responding to?? Or what are you craving?

Can you feel yourself as a magnet? Do you feel yourself pulling something closer?

Now, moving towards the heart:

Tell me about your heart. And tell me about the abundance that is in your heart. Is there an obstacle or a barrier or something else that is disallowing you the experience of abundance? Ask yourself what affinity, joy, abundance and love feel like, and where do you consistently feel them? My heart felt advise is to really play BIG and ask BIG. Open this up and let yourself go! Tap in to your inner child and all of the innocence and all of the possibility and the awesome connection to your divinity, and just dance in your divinity, your innocence, your sacred path!

In order to prepare you heart, it is most valuable to spend time finding out all that is there, and what you have given up on. Be patient and be kind with yourself. Even allowing for patience and kindness is a very powerful experience!

Thank you Kathi for this celebratory Happiness Meeting Thread. The last meeting: Sacred Appreciation Some of the things I asked myself:
1. What is it I want to experience?
2. Am I being true to my spirit?
3. Am I taking a look at areas which need me?
4. Is their a good balance between hearing others and hearing myself?
5. Am I asking the questions only my spirit can answer?

I want to mesh these ideas with your intro and reflection questions. It feels right to keep the path that has begun…moving (: My flow feels like it’s truly opening a flood gate(: Looking forward to this. Thank you for putting this heartfelt holiday thread together for us!

I Am living a Divine plan

In response to going w/self-care flow’s post:

Thank you for your post! Its wonderful that you linked the Sacred appreciation happiness meeting up.

That sacred appreciation meeting was very powerful for me in ways that I have yet to share.

I’m still amazed and touched, by the powerfulness of that thread. Hope to open up more about that as time allows.

Your questions are awesome. Great direction. I especially like your first and second questions.

Like many of us, I’m passionate about life, and view things I do, as things I ‘get to do’… opportunities. I am big on not taking things for granted. I have experiences that have shown me … the only thing that is constant is change and it is up to me to see that as opportunity.

1. It is an opportunity to take care of me while I still can (in better better ways)
2. To love others while they are still here (for more nurtured relationships)

3. To create my life with as much simplicity and beauty as I enjoy, because its a view I never want to tire of. (and simplicity and choosing what I desire is totally rejuvenating)

• ** * I become very aware of my heart place- when I (can) feel I am not coming from my sacred self.. Its a wake-up call, that I cannot wait to answer(:
  • ~

Love how when I come from my heart place… its all about greater ease
by:
(1) … the simplicity that comes with allowing/being …
(2) the acting on what I know works well for me…
(3) and allowing the God of my understanding to do my hand-holding more(: There is no better support system received than that you receive in prayer.

• * “When my heart-place begins to say… “excuse me, that’s not YOU…” then I become aware that something outside of who I really am …is showing up
  • * And then I feel my choice… That awesome place that shows me what I need… and how I strayed. This is a beautiful mechanism(: I can truly choose to be wherever I want…
  • * …to see it fresh… see it not as something to fix, just something to view differently and see what opens up in the space I’m allowing. /I believe we all know in our hearts the kind of experience we’d like to have. I also believe its something that all know to take time for… and remind ourselves… that what we know is limited by our experience… And what can be can only occur by knowing there is so much more. And the evidence of ‘enough’ and ‘more’ is all around us. And the old adage once we see how blessed we are opens the door to the more that is potentially ours. Though how blessed we are right now. How blessed I know I am right now.

… life experience shows loving ourselves demonstratively/& genuinely is vital. The quality of all else comes from that… even our ability to love and be loved.

“Oh thank You-God, everything is best when I recall I could never have done This alone!”

• ~~~~~~~~~~~
    As far as what I’m releasing …
    I’m releasing anything that doesn’t provide myself with enough healthy-stuff… which lends to greater endurance (mental, physical, spiritual) toward my best life:
    Basics:
    1) giving myself enough rest… and tools which assist in my ‘regenerating’
    2) lemon-water, medicinally delicious foods, meals what and when I need to eat
    3) exercising (from the place I am today… not comparing my routines to myself of my past or to those routines/or lack of by others) I enjoy being motivated by others -though self care is not a competition… its love(:
  • ~
    in regard to holidays… the above mentioned is 1st priority… and I’m working my way to holidays (and my anniversary) (:

Thanks for your post.

I echo your words about how blessed we are: “Thank you God, everything is better than I could ever have done alone”
… and it is greater than anything that I could have asked!

When I think of my holidays, for me, its time to super clean and decorate in such a way that my small place doesn’t APPEAR to be crowded!

I know that I put a lot of un due pressure on my self, whether its my apartment, my body, my budget, of what ever dish I am bringing to a holiday party. I know this is just an old, unexamined habit and I know that this does not actually help or make me be better or more effective! Its just external pressure, thats all, and I’m the only one who brings this into existence.

I can feel myself releasing this habit, and just letting myself move on with more natural joy!

One thing I have noticed all day is me listening to my breathing. Ever since I wrote about that, earlier today, I have been listening. It has kept me much more in a calm state, with my attention more inward. Its almost like there are two parts to my awareness: the one who speaks and the silent witness.

Kathi’s thoughts: 1-my thoughts: 2-my thoughts:

Kathi, now that I’ve had a chance to truly ‘work’ with the material you’ve provided, I have greater reasons for my Thank you. So -thank you, my friend(:

also …loving your examples of releasing and thoughts you shared! Loving this Happiness Thread!

Thank you for your post!

I agree, it sounds simple and yet, this type of work/endeavor can be powerful and pivotal.

Question: What’s happening in your now??

Many good and kind things have been happening in my life. I am pleased and deeply satisfied, in ways that I can’t fully describe. We are getting all the family together, and just loving one another and being kind and compassionate.

Other news about my now:
I have been using the diffuser for aromatherapy. I have been using this one nice blend, called Sacred Mountain. It is said to be useful for grounding and for empowerment. The main thing that I notice is my inner peace. And I notice that I am quick to release and let go of energy that I don’t want. Its keeping grounded in my VERY now! What I want to say, is, is that is where I create from. I create, I manifest, I listen, I receive, I give, I release, I love, I exist, I flow, I move, I grow.

Well, what about doubts? What about inner difficulties? What about barriers? What about all the things that are holding me back?

Right now, I choose to sanctify. To sanctify means to set apart, to make holy. And, I choose to just release whatever barrier or obstacle is holding me back. I choose freedom and inner peace. I choose a life of abundance and of infinite possibilities, healing and miracles.

I love your thread Kathi. I totally resonated with your using aromatherapy for grounding. The holidays can be a time to pause and take stock or a place to stress or become ungrounded. It’s just a matter of taking time to re center ourselves and count our blessings.

“The trick to being happy isn’t to live in the know, it’s to live in the mystery.”

In response to The Magician’s post:

Thank you for your post! I agree with your thoughts.

Very recently, I observed something about myself. I was on the phone talking with a dear friend, and my friend was being very supportive of me, and was totally acknowledging me and all that I have going on in my life… My friend was just so supportive, and at the time, I just could not let it in.

The next morning, before I raised my back off of my bed, it dawned on me that I am such a giving person that I do not even know how to let others give to me! This provided me with a wealth of information about me, about my life and the dynamics and conditions that I create in the valuable relationships in my life.

This is a really huge blindspot that I have now eyeballed.

What I now see is that I have been almost like a one way valve. And yet, for years I have heard myself declare that I want reciprocity in All my relationships! How funny is that?!

I see that the one to change is indeed myself! Just having this glimpse is pivotal, and yet true transformation is an active participant, I must truly transform my dynamic within myself and BEGIN to learn to allow others to contribute in whatever way that is authentic for them!

Good stuff! A gift to myself: Embrace whats real!

What am I pulling closer??

Love and joy. Health and happiness. The Best of life: incredible synchronicity and connection, where love and joy, health and happiness are very prominent! I want to have fun in my heart, mind and body!

Also, greater gratitude! The greater my gratitude, the greater my bounty! Greater abundance comes from greater gratitude.

Freedom!! I want to be issueless! I want to transcend social and political cow pies that are everywhere. I want to play and exist in a space where there already exists balance of power and energy, and where the greatest thoughts and discussions are about the pursuit of happiness and creative and artistic expression, and connection to all 4 kingdoms: plants, animals, minerals and mankind.

Love is not limited to loving just humans. Its OK to love the earth, love plants and animals. I already love all 4 kingdoms. And, I want to have more loving experiences…

In response to Kathi’s post:

speaking love language- love it!!!!

You are awesome. Truly enjoying how you just keep opening up to more and more freedom and joy.

And as far as desiring more loving experiences… You’ve opened the door…

In response to The Magician’s post: It’s just a matter of taking time to re center ourselves and count our blessings.

Yes to that!!

“ When you choose to see the good in others, you end up finding the good in yourself.” I’m not sure who first said this, but I definitely think it is true. As travelers on our individual journeys we often try to look within ourselves to find who we are. Unfortunately, many times we are blinded by all the clutter in our daily lives. As far me, I have to go deep inside my sanctuary, shut out the world and give myself sufficient time to listen to my heart. The message is always the same. My heart yearns for peace, harmony, and love to rule the world. I long for compassion to equalize all peoples of the world. My heart says it’s an abomination that hunger and poverty exist. War and killing is barbaric. Each of us are more alike than different. My heart says the message will eventually win out, but the real question is what am I doing every day to make this a perfect world? I am but one, but I Am One. What does your heart say?

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

In response to Poppy’s post:
Your beautiful post reminds me of love in action

when we distribute that love from our authentic warm spirit… something bigger than ourselves is at play.
  • ~
    to be continued…

Hi Poppy, I agree, its totally unnecessary to have wars, and hunger and poverty are totally correctable.

IMHO, building roads, infrastructure, and having direct access to both education and health care are to two greatest avenues to achieving those end results

How wonderful to read, preparing your heart for the holidays! How we word things to ourselves can make such a difference.
Viewing experiences as “opportunities”! Brilliant :)

I had a dear friend years ago who said “can you imagine how the world would be if we all held gratitude in our hearts?”

My goal after that was to always remember to carry gratitude within. Sometimes that can be hard, but I always find so many things to be grateful for. This time of year I acknowledge the love and beauty I see in others.

My heart has gratitude for the bmindful community.

Heart Filled with Gratitude, for this journey of my life. I open my whole and holy Self to receive the blessings of Source.

Hi Priestess Within

thanks for sharing your joy,and refreshing spirit.

with much gratitude for you! and for sharing your beautiful heart here(:

When I think of preparing my heart for the holidays and all festivities I have going on for this month… I think of feeling joy and love … and hearing others express it from their place. Thanks for contributing to that and Welcome to Bmindful!

And to Poppy, Kathi and The Magician a big thank to you all & all of Bmindful for sharing from your hearts now…. and from the big place of always! Love is continuous and we are all part of this beautiful thing!

• ~
    Today is meant to be this beautiful day, and I thank you all for the beauty you are.
  • ~

In response to Priestess Within’s post:

Hi Priestess within!

Its truly great to have you here! I am grateful for YOU and for your sharing! Its what makes these meetings powerful. Welcome to the happiness meetings, and I hope that this work is valuable for you, like it has been for me! I have grown a lot out of the practice and the consistency of learning to focus on myself.

I am responding to your valuable reflection-direction: (: And tell me about the abundance that is in your heart. Is there an obstacle or a barrier or something else that is disallowing you the experience of abundance? Ask yourself what affinity, joy, abundance and love feel like, and where do you consistently feel them?

I am going to focus on this part of your question today & see what surfaces.

I am also going to focus on your statements:
Tap in to your inner child and all of the innocence and all of the possibility and the awesome connection to your divinity, and just dance in your divinity, your innocence, your sacred path!

I’m quite curious to hear from me on this. From the current Workshop given by The Magician… some things have surfaced I find interesting I’d like to soon share.

• for now… a quote: “Abundance is the energy of permission. The more you permit yourself to desire what you want, express gratitude for what you have, and be excited for whatever comes your way, the more abundance you are bound to receive.” ~Matt Kahn

and a thought… Abundance to me is defined in the allowing of myself to simply be where I Am inside. When I take that essence with me and not alter it – to be accepted by others… I am free. That statement is a bit too simple for the qualities I am referring to.

It goes back to love, though(: And I look forward to coming back and finding words for experience.

I re-read this meeting today, in its entirety and, in no surprise, I feel an awareness the the holiday craziness may have all of us on the fringes, at times.

Poppy, I again came back to your post, and your question:
“What does your heart say?”

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content