login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Self Esteem 

handful of elected quotes By L.S. Barksdale I have enjoyed selfcare

I am not my awareness—I am that which is aware.
I am not my mind—my mind is but the human computer that receives and evaluates the data of my five senses, my instincts and intuition

Since life is of ultimate importance, I am a unique and precious being, ever learning and growing. The greater my aware¬ness, the greater is my capacity for love and enjoyment of life. The more richly I enjoy life, the more eager and able I am to contribute to the well-being of those around me.
Comparing myself with another’s personality, conduct or accomplishments as a gauge of my worth is absolutely meaningless. (No two people have had the same heredity, Inner Knowing, and total life experience.)

No one can possibly put himself in another’s place as a valid point of reference, for no one else in the entire world has the same degree of awareness.

I am a nonphysical essence—a unique and precious being, inviolable, invincible and eternal, ever doing the best I can, ever growing in wisdom and love.

Low self-esteem is the product of an accumulation of negative emotional reactions to experiences that have caused us to feel dependent and inferior.

BUILDING SELF-ESTEEM L.S. Barksdale – The best little self-esteem and non-blame book I have ever seen. Highly recommended for clarity, for all people regardless of the level of self-esteem, for it teaches an invaluable life lesson. Order through catalog from not currently available. Highly recommended for clarity, for all. Free e-book. (Can buy used copies on Amazon, which I would also recommend. (Keith Garrick purchased rights) (bmindful alias KehunaKeith)

related threads coming soon

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Barksdale Self Esteem video 27 min 34 sec

Provided from BarksdaleAboutLife.com for free about the uniquely useful ways of thinking, that help create a high level of self esteem by removing the “poor thinking” that most people engage in. A simple video but some great points. It gets down to the root causes, which few programs really do. Keith Garrick. Keith Garrick has an awesome site & a Bmindful member(: He purchased his copyrights to this video

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

A good book on self-esteem is “The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem” by Nathaniel Branden.

I was going a quick search for the book to link to and stumbled upon his website.

What Self-Esteem Is and Is Not

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:
Thanks SRWE!

There are some wonderful areas on N. Brandon’s site!

I WILL read it, for sure. Hope others take a moment there too.

Going to start with something which I’ve been focusing on lately:

passion-and-soulfulness “:http://www.nathanielbranden.com/passion-and-soulfulness
Great Questions! “What’s good in my life?” and “What needs to be done?”

and enjoy the prompt: We need to be able to plan for the future without sacrificing the present, and enjoy the present without making ourselves oblivious to the future. © 2013 – www.nathanielbranden.com

• ~
    Valuing Love
    I also spend a great deal of time thinking about the things I love. I am keenly aware of how much there is in life to appreciate and enjoy. I dwell on that every day. I do not take anything good in my life for granted.

I am always aware of our mortality. I know that if I love someone, the time to express it is today. If I value something, the time to honor it is today.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content