login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

What Did You Learn Today?

We’re all living and learning. After is all and said in your day, what did you basically learn (or relearn) today?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

-to focus on what works; love always works

-it isn’t my job to help everyone, though helping is good when it comes from the heart and helps another. Always try to see how I can assist another. And when I can’t or it isn’t needed/and or desired backing off with a smile works too. Some things just aren’t my business, and that’s ok.

- to simply focus(:

- have fun

-keep it light when possible, think hard when I need to, and unwind completely and relax whenever possible

-enjoy, enjoy enjoy

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Totally out of sorts today.I learned that the highest and greatest good intentions, are sometimes met with confusion, anger and hostility and I relearned, once said or done, it cannot be completely undone.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

In response to Poppy’s post:
Interesting.

I’ve been thinking about trails we leave when we aren’t at our best.

Sometimes not being at our best is part of something we were supposed to be, to be at a place, when we’ve decided it couldn’t be undone.

Am I just a bit worn out this eve., or did that make a lil’ sense?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I learned life is fragile. I was worried about getting back to work today, so I skipped my nieces birthday party. Maybe that wasn’t such a good idea because my brother-in-law had a massive heart attack and I had left town already and wasn’t around to support the (my) family in their time of need. Although I had no way of knowing this was on the horizon, I feel terribly guilty that I was more concerned about having to work well into the night if I stayed rather than staying and letting life work itself out…

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
MM. did this event just happen??

And yes life is fragile.

And we never know what’s in store. All we can be is what our best is, and our best keeps getting better and better. And you my friend are the perfect example of being a good person, who keeps getting better and better(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

My day hasn’t really started yet..but so far I’ve relearned just how special my friends at bmindful are.

And

to keep the goodness of places like this firmly in my heart’s memory when the “world” doesn’t seem to look like my wish for it.

It all depends on where you look..

And if you look with love, love is everywhere you look.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie- worksout-daily&w/everything she’s got~ ~‘s post:

Yes, this just happened this weekend. But, thank goodness he is out of ICU and is looking much better.

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I am so glad things are looking up(:

Lots of hugs and prayers

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

What I (re)learned today:

keep doing the next right thing
and keep the faith

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I learnt to allow things to happen instead of making them happen intentionally.

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

Today, I am going to focus on my path and follow my heart/intuition. It feels like I’ve fallen off the wagon a bit. Things are going well, but the there is still a little feeling in the pit of my stomach that I am missing something.

Today I am working on/and believing more and more-> that I am all I need to be to be what I need to be.

I am working on understanding what it means to truly be true to myself.

I am also working on understanding what it means to be in harmony with my potential that is always pure and whole.

I am working on discounting chatter from the world, to live up to my greatest good.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Over the last 2 days I’ve learned more about joy, faith and letting go

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I’ve relearned that *greater joy is a great backdrop for all things.

*greater-meaning once you learn things better as compared to the moment in time when it wasn’t as clear

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I love the quote:“I will pause and think before I say anything, lest my anger turns back upon me and makes my difficulties even greater. I will know that well-timed silence can give me command of the situation as angry reproaches never can.”

I have found this to be so true both for myself and others. Anger can certainly make difficulties even greater.

To pause and reflect is a great skill.
I’ve certainly had the opportunity to re-learn it this week.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

I have relearned I don’t eat foods that have lots of sugar in it, no matter how tasty.

Just don’t. But I did have something I don’t normally eat today as a “snack” Lesson learned.
Sugar is a drug and toxic
Enough said(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Today I (re)learned life is as good as I make it,and today I made it pretty good(:

Thank you God for helping me to co-create my universe.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I learn’t something today which was important and made an conscious thought to put here on bmindful…low an behold tonight I have forgotten what it was…so another lesson now has been learnt I will always jot things down so I will not forget the important things :) xxx

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I re-learnt to respect myself and my feelings today.

I re-learned taking time out for what gives us a greater life, is time that is always well spent.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I am re-learning (life path for me?) that I cannot change people. I can only choose to accept them as they are or let them go. Why is this one so tough???

Letting go of people…that ought to be a topic (:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

It’s hard to accept the faults others, namely ones closest to us, “if it wasn’t for this this & this, X would be perfect”. We are only human.

I learnt today I have a belief/affirmation “when I get stressed/overworked I get sick”. I’m trying to change it around, any suggestions? Something like “I trust the universe will come to my aid and nuture my health”.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

In response to Vivi exercises daily!‘s post:

Moment by moment I live and let live, and my health is reaping vibrant healthy rewards.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie- worksout-daily&w/everything she’s got~ ~‘s post:
Nice one thanks.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

You did what you were suppose to do, never question your actions. Everything happens for a reason and no matter what it is for a positive reason. You probably could not have done anything and you were suppose to be some place else. We often spend too much time second guessing ourselves instead of living in the now. What is is! In the long run you will see that you did what you had to do when you had to do it.

Attitude Life Coach, helping others to see the Power of a Positive Attitude with Affirmations and Gratitudes, Learn to be The Creator of Your Life.

Hi Vivi,

you really need to change that belief, about getting sick when you get stressed. Beliefs are something that can serve a purpose, until they don’t; that is the time you will need to change them.

Read what I wrote about them and how to change them.

Beliefs

Maybe this will help in releasing the belief and adding one that better fits your desired lifestyle.

Attitude Life Coach, helping others to see the Power of a Positive Attitude with Affirmations and Gratitudes, Learn to be The Creator of Your Life.

Today I learned that I am resisting doing something that I know I have to do and I am doing it by becoming overwhelmed with the task at hand. I realized that everything we have to do in life may not be very pleasant, but is what has to be done. So Get Ur Done! Stop putting up resistance and handle it.

Vivi, I also have that. It goes the other way around though, whenever I get sick, I know that I was stressed or overworked. Whenever I feel something comming up, I just shift a gear and go a bit slower (relaxing evening or just sleep abit longer), affirming that I am strong and healthy.
And generally I am strong and healthy.

…what a wonderful world….

Today I learnt to keep cool. And re-learnt to change my opinion about a person. (It was rewarding)

Today I have learnt the power of acceptance…..
I had been ‘faking it to make it’ for a little while – but today I am in total acceptance that things may not be exactly the way I would have liked them, buts its ok. In truly accepting, I have released resentment, anger and bitterness. I have embraced the situation and feel amazing for doing so.

Now I am able to see the positive in the situation – whilst I was denying it, i was not able to. I just needed to jump into the pool of acceptance instead of dipping my toe in, and you know what, the water’s great!!!

A full and thankful heart..

You’re jumping in that water is as refreshing of a metaphor, as it is joy that you are so happy.

So much love to you,

Laurie

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to rockswealth’s post:
Thank you – I like what you said about writing down the old belief and a new one and then physically destroying the old one. I’m going to try that.

I relearned the art of simply giving my perspective, while someone is attempting to run me over.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I relearned socializing in different settings than what I’m used to are nice to do once in awhile(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I learnt that nothing is right and nothing is wrong- everything is just the way it should be!

In response to SONIA’s post:
We have some real wisdom flowing in bmindful right now..

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I relearned that it’s all up to me, if it’s to be(: [with God’s help of course] (:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I relearned that I know when I’m doing my best..With that knowledge I cannot be manipulated into believing otherwise.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I learned that I will not get what want by wanting it too much.

I learned to keep standing my ground when someone is trying to shake my foundation. Thank God, I practice:being true to myself. It works so well.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I am learning to listen. Just relax and listen.

I learned that our life experiences happen to teach us to love.

I relearned that the storm is never quite what’s forcasted.

I learned today that I enjoyed hiking in the rain. It was relaxing.

I relearned yesterday..(: that enjoying my own company makes any other company I share great too! I also relearned that it is ok for me too be content with life even when others like to chip away at the world, and only see turmoil, despair and meaningless moments. I relearned to give even when others are in my face taking(: I relearned the joy in caring when others do not care in the same situation.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I learnt to open my arms to those with whom I have a difference of opinion. Different view points don’t mean make enemies- it still means we can be friends.

In response to SONIA’s post:
That is sooo true, i keep relearning-forgetting-relearning-forgetting-relearning that.

I really appreciate everyone sharing their personal lessons. Thanks for starting this thread Laurie!

Today I learned not to settle. I learned that my happiness is just as important as my partners and I am worth protecting. Instead of settling and condemning myself to a difficult relationship, I took care of myself by ending it before even more of my feelings were invested (or his for that matter). I am devastated but that is only temporary and the lasting feelings of high self esteem are far greater than that.

…What makes you different, makes you beautiful…

I learned today that my affirmations evolve, often I can make a longer one out of two or three shorter ones, which has a better, clearer effect on me…. I also relearned that I have to keep on reading my affirmations regularly, otherwise I forget and lose ground…. it is like taking two steps forward and one back… I am making progress but sometimes I sabotage my own success…. I spiritually feel the mold I grew up in is cracking and breaking away…. and I am evolving into someone I really like… thank you to bmindful and all its members…

Kathy

Hey Coachhouse, Yes, it does take a little effort at the beginning but then I think you get to a point where you really do not like to miss doing them. I agree about them evolving too. I’m so happy to hear you are already benefiting. You are not alone. Hugs, Jan

What did I learn (so far(: ) today:

As long as I .. appreciate something..I don’t have to explain my joy.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to coachhouse’s post:
Love your metaphor..and love the success you are experiencing!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Lesson of the Moment

I can do what I say I can..Then I must only be willing(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Keep on Going.
And
Keep it Real.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content