login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Cynicism (Is it holding you back?)

I was clicking around on youtube and, since I don’t have a girlfriend right now (I’m not sure I want one, at least right now) a video title caught my attention. It was called “Why you can’t (maybe it said don’t, can’t remember) have a girlfriend”. I clicked the video and watched it and thought it was quite insightful. It made me think about my own cynicism about the world these days. It is probably understandable why so many folks are cynical these days, there is so much evidence of corruption within our government and just basic crookedness out there that we can become jaded. I am going to try to find that video right now and share it ‘cause I think it applies to more than just your relationship status, but, to many things.

Well, I looked for a while, but, couldn’t find the video. Let’s not keep that from discussing cynisism. It is a worthwhile topic. Cynical self talk that we use so much we don’t even recognize it and how it is holding us back.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I tried again to find the video I was talking about, but, still couldn’t. However, I found the guy on youtube. He has lots of videos. His youtube page is about dating, but, this looked like one worth sharing. Watch it and you’ll see why for yourself. Five Minute Practice

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:
Thank you for posting this.

I agree, this is a truly valuable and relevant topic.

You mentioned cynicism in regards to relationships and in a broader sense, cynicism with regards to society and government.

I would like to respond to the aspect that is the most relevant to me, which is the domain of significant relationships.

If love is our true nature, and our truest need, then we should explore and examine what took us out of love’s path, and what can be done to heal and restore us to our most intimately compromised nature.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

I know that without any shadow of a doubt that I have been incredibly hurt and disappointed. And, I know that following that type of loss, that there are many, many things that I have zero interest and zero tolerance for. Zero.

I know that I will never again be hurt the way that I was hurt, and I know that I hold that in my hands. It is my ownership of my vulnerabilities, and being utmost responsible for how I am being, that allows others a chance to awaken HOPE in a person such as myself.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.

It is not the cynicism that scares me…

It is HOPE that is real, and really frightening!

For me, the real inquiry has to do with HOPE, and trust… and BONDING. That is huge. And real, to me…

For me, cynicism is a natural defense mechanism. A place to protect further harm, and never allow another injury to occur.

One thing that has been a positive element in today’s political circus, is we are speaking more among ourselves… (people who never spoke up for what is meaningful to them before)

and myself/others attempting to learn more in areas that were not tapped into before about government…

and people are showing they care about the country like a backhanded compliment.

cynicism… no matter how much we are faced with, I still have a problem w/cynicism. I just need to believe we are not headed for something I cannot make it through…& not headed for something the world cannot make it through.

I choose to do what I can…It isn’t the least I can do… it’s a big thing… Prayer.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content