login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★- - Growth, purpose, & destiny(Happiness)

Happiness Meeting: 10/5/2016

Topic: Growth, purpose and destiny.

Introduction:

“Love is a medicine for any kind of wound, but there is no medicine in the world for a wound given by love.”

Author unknown.

One of my favorite bumper stickers says: Love is our soul purpose. And, I agree, that Love really is our soul purpose. We are so influenced by the nature and quality of relationships that are central in our lives. And, in the absence of love, we tend to seek to find love, feel love and fill our lives with the experience of love.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

Intro:

Last week, the Happiness meetings explored the vastness of wonder and engaging the unknown. This week, we are being asked to connect with our inner aspects regarding growth, purpose and destiny.

I look at the life stories of others who have helped shape and elevate us. Many that were within our life time, and those who were Biblical figures. Abraham. Moses. Joseph and the coat of many colors. Mary Magdalene. Mahatma Gandhi. Nelson Mandala. Desmond Tutu. Martin Luther King. John F. Kennedy. Steven Jobs. Oprah Winfrey. Malala Yousafzai.

All of these people were normal people, and then something happened in their life that caused them to grow is ways that that they could have never predicted. All of these people have given us an example of what they were able to accomplish.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.

This week’s meeting, we are being asked to look at our growth.

Look at the conditions under which we grow. Many times, we tend to grow the most when we are forced to. We grow when things break, or fall apart. We also grow through loss, and we also grow through perseverance and determination.

Look at our purpose and destiny. Are you where you thought you would be?? Do you remember when you were young, and you thought your life was going to be _____ (fill in the blank).

Questions and reflections:

Who or what are some of your positive influences?
(It could be anything including, people, events, musical groups, a vacation, a family member, an actor, a world event…)

Looking at your growth:
Are you where you want to be, in your life?

As you look at your growth, what is the most satisfying part of your life right now?

What makes you giggle??

What to you do, or where do you go to get re-charged?

What helps you to re-vitalize and re-focus?

I say ‘new’ in quotes, because looking back … it wasn’t really new… it was just extremely pronounced… my values rose to the top and continued to add to my being bathed with an awesome faith filled energy.

My positivity felt unshakable … even in the midst of my discomfort of no air conditioning (high heat & humidity-) We had expected a repair-person, though he too (of course) needed to prep for the events of mother nature.

I realized (even more-during that time) that the idea of what my life was all about and what I had wanted for myself were definitely in sync; a harmonious discovery.

we prepare-because its a good thing.

we believe good things because that’s a good thing too.

The repetitious news reports that identified this deadly hurricane as imminent couldn’t seem to penetrate what my spirit was cradling me with…faith belief that all was well and positive thoughts that continued to discount the non-wavering news of doom & gloom

I had found these affirmations in regard to Matthew. (I altered the top 1 a tinch) -and they helped significantly!

I request to be in balance with the loving Universe.
I wish to be connected to my Heart,
and let every breath I take pass through it
and radiate Universal Love, Joy and Peace.
I know that “All is One” and I live in Harmony and Respect with all life .
I walk my path in confidence, following my Heart’s guidance.
I request to re-connect with the Love and Joy at my Heart’s core
that is the essence of Who I Am .
I Release all fear and all judgment,
I release the hold of the mind and the ego .
I Surrender to the flow of Spirit in my life,
let me feel the Joy and the Love in all that is.

added this one:

I willingly believe all is well. And it is so. Thank you God. Amen.
to be continued….

• ~

In response to Kathi’s post:
As you look at your growth, what is the most satisfying part of your life right now?
having acceptance.

Kathi, your top affirmation on your profile page is: My ability to co-create the next moment requires acceptance of the present. and that works for me. The more I truly began to look at myself/my life…with acceptance, the more I realized how much I actually had chosen for myself…

It’s been said, in terms of gratitude… to remember that the things we have today are things we once only wished for… That is an awesome truth for me, and I can feel the origin of my dreams as I review my past, present and where I say I’d like to see myself.

My heart says I am living my dream. I am so appreciative for all I do have.

I have learned/& am learning so much of what I thought was my dream was merely icing on the cake of life. (blocking out the ‘world’s idea’ of success has been truly liberating to me)

I seem to achieve things I want externally… when I’m focused on success not being attached to the external things

• ~

There is a saying… that says something to the fact… if you have your health, have others to love, and have something to look forward to-you have it all. I believe that.

And in regard to health, in many cases many of us are healthier than we believe we are… we get very focused on what isn’t perfect…

My feeling is be grateful for all the wonderful things your body can do and the health you have… and take time to become

I Am living a Divine plan

In response to going w/self-care flow’s post:

Thank you for your beautiful words!

I LOVE that your heart says you are living the dream! I also love that “if you have your health, have others to love, and have something to look forward to – you have it all!”

That’s so true!!

Who are some of your positive influences??

J.F. Kennedy was assassinated in November 1963, and I was born 3 weeks later, in December of 1963. And I was born during a blizzard. I was baby A, and my twin sister was baby B. We were the first twins born in the new wing of the hospital. We were actually the 2nd and 3rd babies born in that new wing. My beloved Mother did not know she was having twins! She always said how the doctor never listened to her, and how she kept telling my Dad that something was wrong; she was too big, and something was very different… She was right, on both counts!

When I was very young, in 1964 – 1967, I didn’t have words to express my awareness, but I knew there were big changes a foot. There was a huge awareness that I had with the music of the Beetles, the Rolling Stones, and there was so much going on with the evening news, and of coarse, it was Viet Nam war era, and most people were against the war. They hated the war. Their war protesting gave rise to people putting flowers in their hair, and inside the barrels of guns. Flower girls…

I had many influences. There was the era of equal rights, civil rights and women’s rights. Martin Luther King, who boldly demanded civil rights while being very anti-violence protesting. There were hippies, young people were smoking pot and revolution was very popular. It seemed civil unrest was endemic, and people seemed truly frightened, as if they were never going to survive the mounting societal division. It was as if young people were toppling and trampling values and norms that were somehow a threat that shook us to our foundation.

I loved music! So many different types! And, it was wildly exciting just to people watch. Remember how young women screamed and wept with wild hysteria over the Beetles?? Rock and roll was born!!

I could go on for a long while with all the people and events that were positive influences.

In short, I am so grateful to have been very young in the 60’s! I got to live through an incredible societal turbulence.

So many musical influences. Remember The Fifth Dimension? They wrote some seriously great music; “Where is the sun shine?”. There were musicals, Andrew Lloyd Weber, Jesus Christ Superstar and Godspell. Remember that song: “Where are you going”, or “I don’t know how to love him”? OMG, that was so, so, so good!!

At the same time. Walt Disney was making some fantastic classic cartoons: 101 Dalmatians, Lady and the Tramp, and many more.

As I look back, I am amazed at what an experience I had, and I feel so lucky, for many fine blessings!! Such as my health, and having been born into my family!! As I focus on my growth, I can tell you that I am surprised with where I am TODAY
Surprised and not disappointed!

About looking at my inner growth:

That is a huge consideration!!

There are areas that I have succeeded in, and there are other areas that I have pulled back…

I have been a nurse for 20 years. In March, I reached my 20th anniversary! I am grateful, grateful, grateful in ways that I cannot express… My career is a truly perfect fit for who and what I am. It has allowed me to access incredible connection to people… and it has been an honor and a privilege. I love critical care… I love everything about healing, and practicing every aspect, and making the most of all other things that are not pharmaceutical. I think nurses are the greatest and most amazing people!!! My work with positivity has provided a powerful medium from which I can reach, teach, contribute and influence…

I am a healing artist!

My personal life is very fulfilling. I live in a small apartment, and I’m divorced. I have come to peace about. I love my self. I have a beautiful daughter, and we are very close! She is an amazing daughter, and I feel extraordinarily blessed to be her mother!! I am responsible for all of the lessons that I chose!! I celebrate my self, and I love my private space. I have and I cherish my spiritual life. My life is based in my spiritual existence, and I celebrate all of the abundance, all of the gifts, all of the true treasures! I am grateful for all that I AM… and for All that others who are important to me… I am blessed with several amazing relationships, and the love, the light of others has been an important anchor as well as a point of illumination all along my path. I am connected to people whom I love and in whom I celebrate our time and this great treasure chest called Life!!

you’ve really been giving this some wonderful focus. I love reading how you have seen/experienced your life!

looking forward to getting back to this thread and joining you again. I especially am enjoying your early inspirations!

glad this thread (and all others) never close so members can always visit & respond (:

• ~

it feels fun to think about what feels like it prepared me for this moment.

I too would like to share a few of those things soon.

For now… I’m just feeling quite good that I’m feeling… God didn’t bring me all of this way to drop me off(:

I feel good about the future, and pleased with all of my teachers along the way(:

I Am living a Divine plan

The last question from the list: purpose and destiny…

When I was a young kid, I really wanted to grow up and have a large family with lots of good times, and I wanted to belong to or be a part of a very loving community!

Well, I have one daughter, and we have had lots of good times, and we have grown and have prospered from a very loving community!!

Now, I am 52 years old. I work full time, and I’m facing and trying to create my retirement plans. Something that is very, very important to me is “How can I be 60 years old, and still work in my profession, still contribute to all that come my way, still focus, still stay relevant, still get to function and, still make a difference…”

My thoughts and desires belie my age. I want to be forever young, forever alive, forever willing and able,…. and able to be the face of change.

I truly am willing to be an agent for change…

The rest is now in creating opportunity, creating partnership, creating possibility…

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content