login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★ 'You did this to yourself''

This short paper CAN make sense to you, so don’t worry about that – this is an original

Later I thought: The worrying doesn’t let the good in. How do I know? I don’t know… I forgot, but I’m not worried about it.

I know it’s a little childish but that’s the beauty. This phrase could be spread throughout elementary schools and students across the globe. I can hardly imagine the impact that this frame of mind will do. You can try to figure it out if you want but the best part is that you don’t need to understand why it works to live and benefit by it. It is consciousness in an easy access bottle. Take a sip if you are thirsty :)

I wanted to publicly post this as my reply to facebook comment but this is red light.

What do you think?

Go ahead and test this quote out in any imaginary scenario you wish. Eventually mix in some positive mental attitude (PMA), the desire to live (i.e. appreciation of nature and self expression), on top of some savvy understanding of primal behavioral intimidation and affection methods (e.i. if you are looking to be a leader) and you are golden.

This thought originated after you locked the front door of the/your house when I was walking out to my car. At first I wanted to turn to the dark side and text, “Hey you don’t need to worry about your two dogs, I fed’m” – just to f__ with you ‘to make things even’; very passive aggressive. Explanation = I fed your hungry dogs therefore you are a bad person because you are unable to take care of your starving dogs. Sh__t man… That’s gloves on right there. Ding Ding. and fight.. But that would conflict with my quote, now wouldn’t it? What resulted from the acceptance of the quote? The creation of it into consciousness.

Dare to consider alternate methods of reaction to external and internal stimuli. Being able to focus on the moment/ your current life situation instead of your worries is a basic level of the mastering of your own mind and inevitably your life. It’s sometimes fun to throw in some variation to your thinking [e.g. add or subtract something from reality to see what and who are affected by it (e.g. “What would a world of anarchy bring? What would a world of dictatorship bring? What would happen if there were no policemen?”)] This example of a style of thinking is just a single variation of many that bring insightful creativity into ‘problems’ that you see yourself to have.

What do you think?

Worried about me? It’s hard work being me but let me worry about that.

It´s the law of attraction, you experience what you think/believe/expect.

For my experience, it has sometimes been easy to turn around, sometimes it is a catch-22 looking for the ‘how’.

The world without policemen! Years ago I had a discussion with my back then husband and my views were absolutely different than today, cause I saw a world of bullying/violance/chaos. Today I would prefer to imagine a world where everyone loves,respects and trusts eachother and is content with what they have, therefore there will be no need for the police.

…what a wonderful world….

Nope, you’re the crazy one.

I mean… You are correct :) There would be no need for the police – that is, for like minded people like yourself. But. The task to accept those who blight this world is a heavy one, and rightfully so.

Let’s imagine for a moment that a ‘troubled’ individual heard this simple quote and it ‘made sense’ in some way or other. This way or that. If the quote gets them thinking ‘yeah… okay, this kind of makes sense a little’ then they have willfully made the decision “I agree with some of this.” They will, if they are worth their salt, then look for ways to make a logical connection; they will naturally apply behaviors in accordance with that decision. The search for understanding will unconsciously play out in their lives, that is, until they hit a ‘wall’ in knowledge, where they could seek out an answer, or they deem it, the information/ idea, to be faulty and untrue for whatever reason (e.g. my dad doesn’t think that way and it seems like a lot of work to understand it so I will just keep doing what I’ve been doing.)

This could work because… to the best of my knowledge (disclaimer)… this is the truth.

Misunderstanding and ignorance is the root of the unknown and, ironically, the fear produced by that unknown. The problem is that the human mind cannot truly relax in stressful situations or, at that, any situation requiring a moderate to large amount of the person’s cognitive mental capacity.

Hours ago, the stage for me thinking of my thought was underway. The quote to come came to be by seeing the misunderstanding and ignorance of my particular happenstance as ‘not a problem’ but a ‘factor’. The level of worry in my life, or lack thereof, allowed for me to be relaxed. You must must must search your being for resistance. It can manifest in many ways. It is up to you to seek it out and alter your being accordingly. Once you have done this, and it will take some time because of the worry filled commitments that we can’t just drop… or can we? [disclaimer: not saying you should divorce your wife etc. just saying that you always have three options in any situation 1) accept it as what is 2) attempt to change it to the best of your current abilities 3) leave it. These three outcomes offer forward progression as opposed to mental backtracking and excessive feelings of worry. You will know which choice to make depending upon which path offers the most of what you want and the price you must pay to bring it into your reality.

Once you have completed the basic requirements (e.i. food, water, relaxation, exercise, etc.) a creative and positive portal to approaching situations, ideas, and life in general will be constructed. Are you currently in much pain and mental anguish? Do you want to begin construction of your portal? Do you want answers? You don’t need to force ‘the portal’ open, or better, you cannot force it; all you can do is encourage a scenario that is conducive to it’s creation.

This points to acceptance of the unknown; my moto is ‘embrace the unknown’. Misunderstanding and ignorance are realities that we must accept; not worry over. What I am trying to say is that all of this is rooted in the simple quote.

“The worrying doesn’t let the good in. How do I know? I don’t know… I forgot, but I’m not worried about it.”

Dream with me a moment… the quote has kicked off and is spreading thought the world. Road rage would loose its appeal. We may be looking at a massive shift in human consciousness.

If thoughts lead to behavior and behavior leads to action, then actions coming from these thoughts will encourage a natural and righteous mindset. What I am saying is that people do not need to fully understand it; they don’t even have to believe it at first. As long as they consider it as a possibility they will naturally relate it to things in their daily lives and eventually persuade themselves of it in time (just my theory). Common logic would state that getting the word out would probably result in a more natural and righteous world. It’s not the answer to all answers, just a hopeful seed of an idea, but I hope to get some fucking feedback.

The purpose of this is not to necessarily debate if whether or not the quote is a good or bad idea. It is more a question of how a quote like this will do in our world and what are some possible barriers to ‘really’ getting across this message to the masses.

I am sorry if you are reading this and asking yourself, “the message? about what?” but the explanation is the difference between a wise man and a man who does not ask why. Was that a jab at your intelligence? No. Just what is. The question is, will you, as well as most of the people in the world, realize that your immediate feeling of defensiveness and counter attack to the jab was caused by your thoughts.

Are you in control of your thoughts? Are you the voice in your head? Are you your mind or perhaps a sum of many parts? Are you using you mind or is it using you?

Ask yourself, “how do I personally benefit from my own defensiveness?” Okay, have you thought about it? And your conclusion? Just a guess, but I would say that your answer is one of the following, “I don’t know” or “defensiveness is pointless.” The funny thing is you are both right; but that is beside the point.

I like ending on a positive vibe.

All it takes to do something is the desire to do it and the belief that someday you will.

My desire is that the quote will spread like a calming virus. My belief is evident in the writing of this text.

Life is good. Peace. Love. Blank faces, calm as Hindu cows

Yes. I like the quote. The only way to find out if something will work is to test it out.

In response to illusion555’s post:
You edited the beginning of this thread and left it blank. Are you returning to finish your edit, or is this what you wanted to do?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

It is fixed

It turns out that the front door to my friend’s house locks behind you. I locked myself out :) and in reality I assumed as much. The ‘drama’ that I mentally created was of no logical basis, but that is how the human mind works. It’s so easily makes accusations off of faulty information and remain fixed in your mental position on whatever topic. That is close mindedness and will be the end of us. What helps me is the acceptance that we are all highly adaptable organisms who have been forged into an unnatural existence. In other words, we are all fucked up in our own special way but it is okay because it is expected and natural to be so.

Have you ever moved and taken your cat with you? Did the cat not handle it too well? That’s because the dramatic shift in the environment was forced and unnatural. The cat is scared. Things are not the way they were; everything is new and unexplored. Are you going to sit there and pout about it or accept, change, and adapt?

It is only after you can accept flaws in yourself and others (i.e. insecurities, defensiveness, etc.) that positive change is possible. I am not saying that you need to accept people I am simply explaining the consequences of accepting them. You could remain to be judgmental and condemning or feel lesser and envious of him or her but – CLEAR CUT. THE WAY THINGS ARE. IS THAT IF YOU ARE FOCUSING ON HOW SHITTY A PERSON IS THEN HE OR SHE WILL LIVE OUT THAT ROLE IN YOUR MIND.

So, once you can set aside drama (e.g. … your girlfriend is a drama queen and does not respond well to logic …) you instantly free up your mind to be able to focus on what is really going on around you … you become aware of your life as opposed to your life situation. Solutions to the above example will come naturally and timely.

My hypothesis: everything that I have said so far does not need to be understood as long as the person believes in the quote.

“The worrying doesn’t let the good in. How do I know? I don’t know… I forgot, but I’m not worried about it.”

In response to illusion555’s post:
So so true – I just wrote a bit about worry on the ‘Keep it simple thread’.
Here it is

We are basically on the same page here. I think its all to do with attitude. Worrying doesnt let the good in – it attracts more of the same, no matter how much you try to fool yourself its there…..ticking away at the back of your mind attracting the very same scenario you are worried about.

Great thread Illusion555!

A full and thankful heart..

In response to aftab’s post:
As always, Afi – I get you! – Totally!
I dont think you are crazy – you have a wonderful outlook on life! x

A full and thankful heart..

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content