login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

--★Splendor & Service Happiness Mtg

This Weeks Happiness Mtg (2 Week Long at the top of thread-Though as you know a thread meeting never closes) (:

• ~
    • ** enlightenment Delusion means you are not aware of your own fundamental mind; enlightenment means you realize your own fundamental essence. Once enlightened, you do not become deluded anymore. If you understand mind and objects, then false conceptions do not arise; when false conceptions do not arise, this is the acceptance of the beginninglessness of things. You have always had it, and you have it now…ZEN teachings

• A Rainbow Dream by long time bmindful member Poppy

Truly alive I wish you be
    Navigating through a wonderful dream
    Where rainbow skies shimmer and abound

There resides abundant love
Hate and violence are long forgotten
The welfare of another is the chosen way

Cherished selflessness oozes
from each heart
Love is such engrained
To spill into the gutters
Of the souls of all.

• ~
  • ~

I Am living a Divine plan

Intro and questions

“ back to intro post”:http://bmindful.com/forum/thread/8707/tomorrowafternoonestsplendorservice#post123137

I love this topic! When I think of the word “splendor”, I think of something that is so over the top, so opulent, so magnificent, that its other worldly! However, when I think of people who have a life passion for devotion to the service of humanity, I believe that they likely had daily experience with the splendor of their faith, and the splendor of their heart, their passion.

I believe that they did not go out to encounter splendor but rather, they went “in”. I also believe that almost everyone who has ever deeply loved another has experienced splendor! Isn’t love, when it bites one of life’s greatest glories? Just look at what it causes us to do! We fall in love, and suddenly, several things begin to happen. We have this bliss that truly is other worldly! It’s unshakable! We stay up all night, and giggle, and we go wild with this new found zest for life, or we suddenly make massive, sweeping changes because of the power of love. It seems to exert an effect, even down to a cellular level! For some, its so powerful that their life literally takes on new meaning… they are transformed by love!

Very similarly, I believe that every parent under goes this metamorphosis with the birth of their children! We change heaven and earth for our children because we love them so completely, so deeply, that we are never the same!

It is that experience, of never being the same, it is exactly that quality of which I speak!

When we are that moved, we have grown. We are not the same, nor can we ever return to who we were previously. Heaven and earth change when our heart is touched and transformed. The evidence of Love is seen in service. Look at the service of parents to their children, and later on, the service of the adult children to their parents.

I look at the Love and the service that Christ performed for all of humanity. To me, this is the greatest example of love and service. I believe that Christ gave this for all of us for the purpose of gifting us an example. For me, there is no greater example than Christ, who willing gave His life to overcome the world, and taught us many things about our nature, who we truly are, and that our life here is not random. Our life is very precious. In fact, the gift of life, is all forms, is a manifestation of His splendor! I believe that we are all blessed with unforeseen gifts, and we are all wonderfuly equipped to live extraordinary lives, both inwardly and outwardly!

Service is our expression of that inner splendor. Service is the manifestation of love. Its what we are able to do, it is our ability to contribute, to make this day, this moment, better all around.

Your “I AM” presence is the highest part of your being.

I AM love.

“I AM a citizen of the universe helping to raise the vibration of Love on earth.”
Quote from Mariann Williamson, I believe.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

Reflections and inner questions:

What’s there for you, in this moment? What’s happening in your now??

Is there anything that you need? If so, how do you plan to address this need?

Everyone needs love. We cannot escape this need, and we cannot hide, nor pretend. How are you nurturing love to flourish in your now? What do you see?? What do you want and need in order to nurture this your now??

How rich is your love? Equally, how rich is your service to humanity?

Do you want to explore your commitment to service? Is your current service equal to your gifts??

Next consideration: vibrational quality…
How am I able to reflect back to others, to the universe, that my vibrational quality is in alignment with my inner splendor? Is my vibrational quality pure or is ego in the way? And, where am I with trust? Trust and faith are like trump cards that enable me and empower me to make my life on my terms, my word, my intention, my commitment, my voice, my choice…

In the words of Nelson Mandela: “May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.”

• - ~
    back to post above link
  • - ~
  •  link to go back to top of thread link

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.

More Intro and more reflection questions

• ~
    1 Feel..think… back to what person in your life demonstrated true service and love in your eyes? How did this add to your loving ways in your ability to give to all without reservation?
  • ~
    2 What does it feel like to give without expectation for you? Do you remember less what you do for others… and remember more the feelings of love that permeated your desire to… be, share, give?
  • ~

[3] How do you describe the gifts of service you demonstrate? How would you describe how you give to yourself? What do they have in common?

• ~

[4] How does your desire to give …fit in with your present life, and what images/feelings come up for you … for your perception of your future?

• ~

“ back to intro post

last edited 12:11 EST (:

• ~
    I’d like to comment on this quote: NOTHING OUTSIDE YOURSELF CAN SAVE YOU. NOTHING OUTSIDE YOURSELF CAN GIVE YOU PEACE.

What this is expressing to me… my essence; a Spark (a mighty mighty Spark) of God… which is available at all times… (to all)

When I connect with That Awesome Place, my world becomes completely possible, loving and kind. With that place… I get to experience what is meant for my now…and insight for some Greater Good for my future… and those that are open to That Love… when we interact… and even just by vibration of Love.

It is my belief… when people, places, things…situations… are outside of the Allowing – Connection… they are also privy to this awesome Love… even when there is a wall… (of anger, confusion, maladjustment).

This wall is not completely impermeable, and its not Always..not Forever (faith and hope tell me this)…. (it just may not be in my time… though its always the PERFECT time) (:

Because That Spark which Connects with All that Is and All That Can Be… Already Is… and will seep in when there is only a small opening receptive to Something Better.

We may not see the same things. Though when we are allowing the Connection, we All see Love, no matter how it appears. love,selfcare

affirmativeprayerlibrary
There is one organizing Life-Force that propels life into expressing the one true reality. It is the energy of creation and it is always active. It is the eternal presence and Its nature is generosity and connection. All of life is interconnected by this natural pattern of perfection.

thread life is a gift-handle-w/affirmative-prayer (affirmations)

back to intro post

Warm Up & Build Spiritual Muscle
Level 1 Build Spiritual Muscle
Level 2 Build Spiritual Muscle
Level 3 Build Spiritual Muscle
Cool Down Build Spiritual Muscle

In response to Kathi’s post:
Kathi, one set of yourquestions pertained to ego,trust,vibration:
Next consideration: vibrational quality…
How am I able to reflect back to others, to the universe, that my vibrational quality is in alignment with my inner splendor?
Is my vibrational quality pure or is ego in the way?
And, where am I with trust?
Trust and faith are like trump cards that enable me and empower me to make my life on my terms, my word, my intention, my commitment, my voice, my choice…

In the words of Nelson Mandela: “May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.”

Thank you for this focus, Kathi!!!

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Before I continue with a beautiful list I came across from an author I’ve grown to admire… and I will(: I want to reserve space also to ones that resonate with me… (even though all of these could create a thread on its own) -not a bad idea (:

10. I never give up on believing that everyone has an innate goodness and that being loved can contribute to evoking it. 11. I am learning to trust others when the record shows they can be trusted while I, nonetheless, commit myself to being trustworthy no matter what others may do. I am always open to rebuilding trust when it has been broken, if the other is willing love this -though will comment on when time permits(:

textileRef:143137510666210a12bbaee:linkStartMarker:”* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PDF excerpt from book, Coming Home to Who You Are (Shambhala, 2012). http://www.davericho.com/loving-kindness.htm Our Commitments to Loving-Kindness Toward Ourselves and Others David Richo
our commitments to loving kindness”:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B66P-H2eSpUUaXFJbDdWV3hrR00/edit

• ** 1. I do my best to keep my word, honor commitments, and follow through on the tasks I agree to do.

• ** 2. I am making every effort to abide by standards of rigorous honesty and respect in all my dealings no matter how others act toward me.
  • ** 3. I forego taking advantage of anyone because of his ignorance, misfortune, or financial straits. My question is not “What can I get away with?” but “What is the right thing to do?” If I fall down in this, I can admit it, make amends, and resolve to act differently next time. Now I more easily and willingly apologize when necessary
  • ** 4.If someone is overly generous toward me or has an exaggerated sense of obligation to me, I do not want to exploit his or her lack of boundaries. Instead, I want to express appreciation and work out an equitable way of interacting.
  • ** 5. I keep examining my conscience with true candor. I am taking searching inventories not only about how I may have harmed others, but also about how I may not have activated my potentials or shared my gifts, how I may still be holding on to prejudices or the will to retaliate, how I may still not be as loving, inclusive, and open as I can be.
  • ** 6. I welcome feedback that shows me where I am less caring than I can be, where I am less tolerant, where less open about my real feelings. When I am shown up as a pretender or called on being mean or inauthentic, I am not defensive but take it as information about what I have to work on. I appreciate positive feedback also.
    to read more
    Dave Richo.com/source davericho.com/loving-kindness

To All of Bmindful:

I truly love these Happiness meetings! I just get a lot of the weekly consistency, the weekly commitment to show up and touch this part of my life…

My weeks are often heavy, as I work about 60 or more hours per week. And, this weekly exercise, this weekly commitment has become a cornerstone for me.

I have learned to honor this cornerstone. And I sincerely invite all Bmindful members to join in the weekly meetings. Its provided me much is the way of sourcing this inner connection, this inner conversation which is invaluable to my spirit.

It has been a long standing wish that more participants would join us!!

This is intended to be a community thread, and we are committed to growing with and nurturing our community!!

• ~
    Happiness thread mtg open now Wed Sept 9, 2016

In response to going w/self-care flow’s post:
What a great question:
What does it feel like to give without expectation?

Wow, wow, wow… many thoughts and feeling come rushing to the surface!

When I give without expectation, I literally feel this “vortex” rising up from within me!
And, I can be a very giving person, at times. What I sincerely feel, is freedom and abundance and joy!!

I want to make a distinction. The things that we give come from love. Money, for me, seems to have conditions or strings—- like we want something to get done or improved, or we seem to have an expectation attached, like, Oh, I wanted you to (fill in the blank, XYZ…)

When I give acts of labor, or an act of listening to someone, for me, the labor is an act of giving. I give freely of my time, and I also give freely of my heart.

In all of my giving, I come from a place of God consciousness. And, I believe that All roads lead to God. And, in this, I am encountering God on a daily bases. Everyday I get to encounter God. And, every time that others allow me in their world, again, I am encountering God.

For every encounter, it is a gift!

What an excellent question!!!!!!

I would like to share this little 2 sentence poem that I wrote:

Abundance of Gifts are always quietly available…

I glow with Grace within me,
Wonder and Mystery abound,
Unwrapped in a cloak,
This huge stillness trembles
in Beauty untold.

I want to share with you one on my favorite daily prayers:

Thank you Dear God,
for transforming my restlessness and doubts into Your Peace.

Thank you for giving me the Goodness of Your Gifts in this life.

All is well. It is All so.
Amen.

Question: What there for you in this moment? What do you need??

What’s showing up for me now: relationships.

As I said, I work a lot. Sometimes 60 to 80 hours per week. This is my choice. I recently paid off all of my student loans, and boy, is that a game changer. Now, I am committed to saving up for a down payment for a home, and for retirement setting, where I can afford to live while being retired.

I have huge fears and doubts about this entire concept. I have no idea how this is going to happen!! And, like many other people, I was unable to build up a nest egg. I raised my daughter. She is now 25, and living in Wyoming. She is happy, and stable, however, she has not chosen to get an education, nor go to college. That’s her choice. And, I love her, unconditionally.

I wanted to talk about relationships. I am a nurse, and I provide direct patient care for patients. I see them in times of extreme vulnerability. My team players include, physicians, the consults: pulmonologist, cardiologist, surgeons, interventional radiologist, infectious disease, pharmacist, and a host of nurse managers as well as corporate management. We also deal with state and with joint commission. And, we also deal with family members!

Relationships are fundamentally important. Trust, confidence, ability to correctly monitor and interpret outcomes, and promoting health and healing…

For me, the world of relatedness is pivotal.

What do I need???

Great question. I actually need more than I superficially relegate my self to. What I need is abundance of reciprocity. I need people to be team players with me. I need managers who trust me, and respond positively to my rare requests.

I also need to be more proactive with my own needs.

I work too much, and my personal life is not balanced. My personal life is no where as full as my work life. And, when I’m off work, I’m exhausted! And, my cats need out door time!

There is a lot that I could do to bring balance. I know that I need to cut back but I really want to pull ahead so I can save up for a downpayment….

last edited 1:21 EST 9/08/16

Wow Kathi! I’m truly enjoying your responses! I know we do this for ourselves (and of course in hope that someone somewhere… receives inspiration/trigger for their inner experience…) (:

….I Do want to say thank you (again) for your complete openness in this mtg, and whenever you share. It inspires me to open up a bit more specifically in a forum-setting.

While I enjoy being so very open with myself… and with those I have that kind of exchange with… I am still attempting to figure out how much online I’d like to express.

All I write… hasn’t gotten quite that specific. Though by you being you, you have inspired me to add more and more… And it always allows me more freedom inside… each time I ‘try it out’ some more(:

• ~
    Re: questions we ‘quickly’ came up with from our hearts…want to let them sit a bit…not begin writing yet…
  • ~
    I get so much from creating a meeting, that I often feel like I’ve answered the questions(:
  • ~
    … will write more after I’ve had a bit of time to enjoy all that is coming my way(:
  • ~
    last edited 8:17 EST
    Thank you & Love you right back.
    last edited 9/8/16
    After writing about my ‘openness’ I had a bit of recall/revelation of sorts. Even though I don’t express lots of specifics about work, and other areas… I really am very open(: I am me. (:

I am still complementing you Kathi!! You do inspire me …

• ~
    you see, I interact with many many people every day in a my service oriented health-care work setting… And much to do with each individual… quickly… And I am open with them, just not with details…more as a way of being…
… as years have gone by… people do get to know me by …my consistency… my values… my joy for life… my joy in my own life…my allowing, my perseverance, my faith and hope in each new day, with each person, with each circumstance.

One thing I am asked at my place of business is …How do you do it? (I almost hear a tone of why would you want to/though glad you do(: Because it can have elements of organized chaos (because we are so busy, and o many things/policies/procedures to adhere to(: And they are always adding on(:

With the many people… in a true melting pot area I work/live (people from all over live here)… that ‘sometimes’ (: interactions truly seem to utilize all I’ve ever learned … Though, I keep it simple(: When coming from a heart place… I can listen. I can hear, I can respond and do what is needed, and I enjoy exceeding what is expected. (coming from a heart place contributes more to that then… all that is expected from the business) (:

I allow my humanness and others the same gift. I find myself laughing at my day and laughing at myself… because some things expected is a bit beyond what can be reasonably done when shorthanded. Though after all is said and done… we look back and know we did quite the days work and proud for the company, for those we serve and of ourselves. I think that is something huge that has come back in a fresh new way…my sense of humor(:

(will edit a bit later)

Love you for who you are!!!

Thank you for acknowledging me, your words of kindness are very well received!!

Question: How am I nurturing Love to flourish in my now?

Great question!!

My personal life is very different than my work life. I am actually very cautions, and am what you could call risk intolerant. When it comes to love, I do not want to get hurt!! I therefore insulate my self with my faith and what I know to be trust.

The way that I nurture love on a daily basis is in my faith, and in my work life. I am able to find, feel and express and receive love… and I am blessed with being surrounded by God’s chosen people who are in my life.

Does that mean there are not issues? Are all of my meaningful relationships working? Have I made peace with my past? Have I fully forgiven my self and my ex-husband?

Good questions. And yes, for me, by and large, I do have workability in all areas of my life. Yes, I have made peace with all of my past. Yes, I have forgiven my self and my ex.

I remember several months ago, when in another happiness meeting, I declared that I will no longer have any unworkability in any area of my life. And, I have made healthy progress in that direction. I am absolutely interested in healthy relationships, which I know increase joy!

How do I nurture this Love??

I give love, and I practice forgiveness. I practice kindness and compassion. I fill up my days with giving, with a spirit of excellence. I do things not because I am being watched… but because I want to come from a place of fortitude, strength, courage…

Another way that I nurture Love to flourish in my Now:

By coming to the weekly Happiness Meetings!!

last edited 9/8/16 1:58PM
copy that kath! So much joy has come up for me… that it is loving and nurturing to the max. Will be back… thanks for participating on this with me, and I too looking forward to others getting in on the love♡(:

this is a quote I love… I post it wherever I can see it(:

You are fulfillment, not the one who lacks or seeks it. You are happiness, not the one who lacks or seeks it. You are joy, not the one who lacks or seeks it. You are power, not the one who lacks or seeks it. You are grace, not the one who lacks or seeks it. You are bliss, not the one who lacks or seeks it.

You are content, not the one who lacks or seeks it. You are consciousness, not the one who lacks or seeks it. You are light, not the one who lacks or seeks it. You are truth, not the one who lacks or seeks it. You are the way, not the one who lacks or seeks it. You are reality, not the one who lacks or seeks it.

You are innocence, not the one who lacks or seeks it. You are wholeness, not the one who lacks or seeks it. You are ecstasy, not the one who lacks or seeks it. You are freedom, not the one who lacks or seeks it. You are the kingdom, not the one who lacks or seeks it. You are divinity, not the one who lacks or seeks it.

You are purpose, not the one who lacks or seeks it. You are passion, not the one who lacks or seeks it. You are clarity, not the one who lacks or seeks it. You are oneness, not the one who lacks or seeks it. You are the all, not the one who lacks or seeks it. You are love, not the one who lacks or seeks it. author- Matt Kahn

Ditto, my friend!!

I wanted to share a few Glorious Rumi quotes. His poetry, and his passion are absolutely beautiful!

“Oh, bird of my soul, fly away now, for I possess a hundred fortified towers.”

“Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really Love.”

“Your task is not to seek love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”

“When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.”

• “The wound is the place where the Light enters you.” **

I love that, especially …”… you are the kingdom…”.

Yes, that is beautiful!

About what I get out of these happiness meeting:

I maintain all of the work, all of my words and my relationship to my higher purpose in these meetings.

I know that from my happiness, I make healthier choices, and I consciously bring healthiness into relationships that I value. And, I am also aware that these vital relationships have a direct influence on my experience of my biological age. I am healthier, I am awake to my hopes and dreams, I have the experience of equanimity, kindness, compassion, love, joy, peace, and unity.

When I am surrounded by happy people, and when I am sourced by healthy happy relationships, my happiness increases exponentially. This also supports me being more successful in the world, where I get to contribute to others.

beautifully stated Kath! You’re a very loving person And an eloquent communicator(:

SERVICE WITH A SMILE

“To serve is beautiful, but only if it is done with joy and a whole heart and a free mind.” Pearl Sydenstricker Buck

• ღ “As long as people, places, and things, do not define your blessings, there are nothing but blessings for you to discover.” ~by Matt Kahn

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us ‘universe’, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest – a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.
Albert Einstein

a few of my my absolute favorite quotes!! (yes I love quotes)(:

that’s why I’m believing Bmindful ‘works’ (:

Its being surrounded by loving hearts who simply want the best for themselves in the best ways that work for them… and through direct view or the corner of their eyes … they are experiencing something that is meaningful- like the perfect present… they unwrap with the joy that is made to order… in progressively awesome ways.

These inspirations kick off days which help us interact with those we love in our our non-cyber worlds… at work… when others are in pain and hurting …. or adds to the joy we already are… where we truly are laughing out lol. It helps us … know there is so much to appreciate and be grateful for… And the vibration we’ve helped co-create/allow … we can better pass it on… in ways that feel right.

• ~
    I had written a lot..because I was totally inspired by the questions and the poetry below. I wrote before my day of giving…I mean work… And what I wrote explored service and other reflective questions …

this mtg (as each one) has been quite wonderful.

I will sum up what I had written soon. Though all has served me well.

Grateful and appreciative for the experience.

“I glow with Grace within me,
Wonder and Mystery abound,
Unwrapped in a cloak,
This huge stillness trembles
in Beauty untold.”

What a great poem! …write more

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

Service

Drone on, drone on
Words, words, words
Great words, historical words
Soft words, loud words
Needful words, helpful words,
Kind loving words
Just words!

Entering your ear
You hear
Sometimes read in your head
But said.

Magically transformed
Oozing around
Or instantly found
Action charged
Movement detected

Self focus shifted
The simplest kindness
Given.
Just because you can

Action is key
Doing, giving
Enlighten you and me
Service.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

In response to Poppy’s post:
In response to Poppy’s post:

Thanks for your beautiful poem Poppy!

I can actually feel the movement and the flow in your words!!

I could also feel you! And your spirit is limber, like yoga limber!!

The more I consider my joy, my peace, I notice that this is space where my awareness, my level of self love, and worthiness dwells.

There is so much to explore and encounter…

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content