login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Starting a New Business in US? Tips and Info

Hello~ As a business owner, I get excited when I hear people want to start a business of their own. To me, it is like never having to work a day in your life again (if you are following you passion). Don’t get me wrong, you will be BUSY and you may be STRESSED. However, when it is for yourself and your family, it doesn’t feel so bad.

The hardest part in starting a business is NOT the money part. What? Did I really say that? No, I believe it is true. Oh, I know! Its the business idea, right? Nope!! Lots of people have fantastic ideas for a business that would provide generous incomes. The hardest part is TAKING ACTION!! Once you have the brilliant idea, you must ACT on it. But, maybe you don’t know what to do.

First of all, I want to clarify. I am not an expert. I am not a venture capitalist. I am not a banker, lawyer, marketing expert either. What am I? I am a person (along with my husband) who was laid off six years ago with seven hungry mouths to feed, college tuition to pay, and a whole lot of debt. My husband and I gambled and took our chances in starting a business.

I was lucky and blessed. My dear girl friend told me of the government program called WIA – Work Force Investment Act. They will pay for two years of your college education, including books, tuition, supplies, etc. You have to have been laid off from your job and be able to bring in the written notification. Then, you write a little essay on how you will become gainfully employed after the end of the two years. I used this opportunity to go back to school for Entreprenuership. This awesome program gives you FREE access to lawyers, marketing gurus, accountants, etc. Take the classes, gleen ALL the information you can get from them. Oh, and have them commit to be your mentors as you enter the next phase of your business.

Next, there are a lot of FREE experts that you can tap into. First of all, please visit your Small Business Development Center. You will get information on Opportunity Analysis (will your idea make money), Marketing, Accounting, Legal advice, etc. There is an organization called SCORE that will give you advice for your questions.

For those out there who have other advice, tips, PLEASE add it this link.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

One thing you need to consider as you start your business is protecting your personal assets. You should consult an Accountant AND a Lawyer to decide what is right for your situation. Consult BOTH because they each have their ideas. You get to decide… LLC, Corporation, S Corporation…

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

This is really useful and helpful Thank you!!!

Many blessings,

Cecilia aka urbansoapchick

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
I appreciate you starting this thread!!!!! You had mentioned your desire to help women move forward this way…and what better way to begin then with those who already love you and believe in your efforts.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content