login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★What is God?

Most of us are working to define our concept of God – and, ultimately, to define ourselves. My own concept of God is not so much a deity, but rather the life force of the universe or chi. I try to align myself with this force and channel it into a flow. I am a part of things, not separate or against anything.

Take what you will from the following excerpt, this is a meditation from Living Life Fully:

“We need not wings to go in search of him, but have only to find a place where we can be alone—and look upon him present within us.”

- Teresa of Avila

Today’s Meditation:

What do you think God is? Where do you think that he or she resides? In some mansion up in heaven, wherever that may be? Or perhaps God doesn’t really reside anywhere, but just is. If that’s the case, is there anywhere where God is not?

The fact is that religious teachers all through the ages have been teaching us that God is inside us, that we all have this holy presence as part of who we are. While many people would like to get us to think that they have some sort of special relationship to God that allows them to know God’s will better than you or I could know it on our own, the fact is that we all have an equal connection with God, and we don’t need any outside source to help us to make or to maintain that connection.

The question we have to ask ourselves is whether or not we’re allowing God to be an important part of our lives. When religious leaders talk about giving up control, they’re talking about allowing the God inside of us to be in charge. Since God is (among other things) unconditional love, allowing that force to control our actions and reactions can make us “born again” into new people. No longer would we live with our ego in charge, but we’d use that holy part of ourselves to contribute a great deal more love and compassion to the planet and to our fellow travelers upon this planet.

Finding a quiet place for even five or ten minutes and allowing God to be a part of you and actually listening for what that part of you wants to tell you can make a tremendous difference to you. The fact is that God always is talking to us, but we rarely try to listen, for we’ve become so busy and we’re surrounded by so much noise that we don’t even notice the voice any more. Peace and quiet and looking inside—God’s in there, right where we’ll find happiness (remember yesterday?).

Max Ehrmann tells us to “be at peace with God, whatever you conceive him to be.” Find the peace, and find your God.

Great discussion thread Whit!

1 part that really resonates from your intro is from the passage you posted,Whit: we’d use that holy part of ourselves to contribute a great deal more love and compassion to the planet and to our fellow travelers upon this planet

I am always amazed when we tap into our Higher Self-God Spark, it trickles into our understanding of our past to the present, and into future for ourselves and others…in a pure way, and perfect way.

want to take more time with one(:

~~~~~~~~~~~

This was powerful for me today:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpb_EJJoB00NQ_xj7g8tIUMwWNbM782XEeuG_AlXvvCY7ebfLlowimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQowgDik37F_y-I9z3Kh0KwlhoU707SoS6IaLamOybggXte6XI2Vw

See the source imageimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBVv7ZDVYE4ycD4DYXjmstvC3H-GWQzsGgx_zgF59JtnCJZtLtjA9f7a2fecd78002ce7d41cdf6c7ff0640.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

500xNx1271-we-want-you-spiritual-quotes-to-live-by.jpg.pagespeed.ic.uW7rN1_j4Z.jpg

“Be always ready for the gifts of God, and always for new ones” because “God is a thousand times more ready to give than you are to receive.” 
― Sarah Ban Breathnach

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Prayer is exhaling the spirit of man and inhaling the spirit of God. Edwin Keith

I am a Spark of God. My essence is Divine. Tamar Frankiel
˚ ✰。˚ ˚ღ。 ˛˚ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ ˚ 。✰

98679d15f61804b646a1cdc2c234c59d--bible-quotes-bible-verses.jpgImage result for playing with the universe affirmation joy pics

“In the eyes of God, we’re all perfect and we all have unlimited capacity to express brilliantly. I say unlimited capacity rather than unlimited potential because potential can be a dangerous concept. We can use it to tyrannize ourselves, to live in the future instead of the present, to set ourselves up for despair. We’re constantly measuring ourselves against what we think we could be, rather than what we are. Potential is a concept which can bind us to personal powerlessness Focus on human potential becomes impotent without a focus on human capacity. Capacity is expressed in the present, it is immediate, the key to it lies not in what we have inside of us, but rather in what we are willing to own that we have inside of us. There’s no point in waiting until we’re perfect at what we do, or enlightened masters, or PhDs in life, before opening ourselves to what we’re capable of doing now. Of course we’re not as good today as we’ll be tomorrow, but how will we ever get tomorrow’s promise without making some sort of move today?” Marianne Williamson0*miq9FgjUM2WhL_zY.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Today-I-step-into-my.jpg

I am thankful for the joy that I feel within me, and the peace and the faith I have as my companions

img_20181028_072809.jpg?w=825&h=510&crop=1

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

If God sends us on strong paths, we are provided strong shoes.
Corrie Ten Boom

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Outstanding Martin Luther King, Jr. Handwritten Signed Quote: ''Love is the greatest force in the universe...He who loves is a participant in the being of God'' -- With University Archives COA

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

6695b8ab176f0fb65f01fb2e455b7c15.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpb_EJJoB00NQ_xj7g8tIUMwWNbM782XEeuG_AlXvvCY7ebfLlow

When you see that God acts through you at every moment, you attain true freedom.

The Upanishads

The-day-you-were-born.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

there-is-no-situation-that-could-ever-confront-you-that-cannot-be-solved-life-takes-on-real-meaning-quote-1.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

As I humble myself to God,the Majestic Creator of the Universe, I can trust the process of life completely

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content