login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Meal Prep & Cooking Rationale

feel free to add Meal Prep & Cooking Rationale

and cute rationalizations(:

d5981d09419998fabab661c1c3db84ee--food-funny-quotes-funny-images.jpg

I Am living a Divine plan

I am very hungry for good info on “cooking healthy” right now and I feel lost. I just do NOT know where to begin.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

favorite topic…let’s chat. When you log back on, share a bit why you feel stuck(:
BPA and Other
bpa-free-not-so-fast
which-plastics-are-safe

free printables in process
blank grocery list
meal planning
fridge/freezer label ideas

You knew I’d get a little into this. Oh you… (:

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I started this thread because it is 2:00am, and I needed to cook up these foods I had in the fridge/not the freezer and I didn’t want to throw it out, I fell asleep and didn’t cook… last night.
And that to me is not the best motivator… to cook something delectable and nutritious. So I build affirmations for the process to flow.

For food for me to be cooked well… I need LOVE♡… as the main ingredient. I want to be able to savor every morsel when I’m eating it… hearing myself say this is awesome (tastes so good, and all of my senses are feeling totally appreciation, and my body sooo appreciates this! I can feel my body and spirit saying thank you for looking after me)

key words are delectable, nutritious and just loving the heck out of yourself… who we are… what we are becoming and simply how we feel. We want our mouths to water and our system to get its needs met…

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:

No one will need the same foods… though as human beings our bodies do require food(:

So no need to feel lost…. decide what is important to you, and myself and others can chime in on this topic(:

Instead of making yourself go in circles, allow yourself time to think about the whys (just for you)

First thing I like to do, is make it fun…
so after I get into to why I’m doing this… I begin creating what I like… really like … tastes that make me happy, and how do I want to feel from eating foods that I enjoy. [see it in your minds eye, feel yourself begin to salivate for your work of delectable work of art] (:

…I do my… remember why I am even doing this… and it goes beyond putting any ol’ food in my system when I’m hungry… and choosing to just eat nothing because my body isn’t signaling it is starving.

Because if somehow you lose your appetite from stress, health matter or drinking a cup of tea or coffee which can suppress your appetite -you don’t feed your body the nutrition it needs and begin needing to depend on supplements. Supplements supplement the diet, food is the nourishing warmth the body needs to function well… and to treat it like the royalty we all are(: And we begin to rationalize junk we like.. or less than healthy versions…because we’re too tired, feel pressed for time… or simply didn’t take time for beginning any kind of a plan. Important not to be a perfectionist-or you may gobbling something you wish you hadn’t or starve in the process(:

we need to trial and error with what it is we are trying to do with our selves/bodies.

Of course if you have allergies, food conditions, religious focus, cutting down on animal products…omitting them… or deciding where all that fits in… preventative things you are focusing on… that needs to be taken into consideration. And then there is the organic consideration.. Which foods really should etc…

• ~~~~~~~~~~
    salads are great places to start… you can add anything to a salad(:

how-to-build-a-salad-you-actually-want-to-eat

some pics

and of course there is fruit

• ~~~~~~~~~~ and veggies.. what do you like?
  • ~~~~~~~~~~

from diet.com

ANTI-INFLAMMATORY DIET
Anti-inflammatory diets

• ~~~~~~~~~~
    well now its 2:30AM… and you actually helped me create my whys to cook at this ‘unique hour’ of the morning, and hope to see you back… and anyone else that is interested(:
  • ~~~~~~~~~~
    Prep in your minds eye… not in your eye(:

and create a vision board of your favorites and your whys.
    meal prep example -see it… taste it

1 thing I did invest in (which are cheap) mason jars and freezer labels for fridge…
mason jar
labels for description Date prepared and Date best eaten by(: I was throwing out way too much healthy food. I had the healthiest trashcan around. [I don’t always follow through… though I always wish I had(:

time to cook… ttyl(:

PS almost forgot… there are go-to foods that are pre-packaged … so you have decent things to eat… while you are shopping, planning, getting it together. Doing things in stages is a wonderful way to do this…. (like everything else) now gotta cook(:

PPS also think of a food budget. How much can you or willing to spend?
And if you begin questioning the prices of healthier or tastier foods… ask yourself how much will not eating well cost… or are you spending on snacks, or meals out…. calculate these things… and bring in a new way of thinking about new ways of eating. We don’t have to spend a fortune… though it may feel that way… if you have any trouble committing to loving this action… of taking enjoyable care

Very helpful info.

I was watching some really interesting videos related to how the diabetes epidemic is related to the “food pyramid” that was put out by the US government years ago that told EVERYONE that the healthy way to eat was based on grains. I remember that stuff from when I was a kid. Not everyone, but, many people are insulin resistant. I think that is term. Anyway, when you eat carbohydrates your body always produces insulin. Insulin stops your body from burning stored fat. Remove the carbs and your body can burn that stored fat.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I am glad(: thanks.

• ~

agree about complex carbs and most definitely simple carbs. Will post a link, I have around here somewhere. Though I’m glad you brought that up, I am someone who watches sugar because… I process it (uniquely) too quickly… (some call it sugar sensitive)

Beyond diet something which assists with sugar issues is exercise.

Loving this chat, and will read/watch all you post(:

PS glad you were able to make sense of my 2:00AM rant (I was creating my 2:00AM feeding)

I feel we can get some amazing threads and inspiration from sharing this way(:

Let me just go ahead ad share some of the videos I watched. I think they make a lot of sense.

Dr. Jason Fun on Fasting

Dr. Stephen Phinney on Nutritional Ketosis

Prof Tim Noakes on benefits of low carbs

also

Nina Teicholz The Big Fat Surprise
(on a side note, I think you can make a logical leap from Nina Teischolz info over to the “global warming” “science”.)

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

thank you -glad they are posted…! great place to save for watching soon(: truly interested(:

Hope you got to the food store… and got some things that you appreciate.

I knew you would have good info and would help.

Here are some veggies off the top of my head that I like.
(First, unfortunately, I have to pretty much cut out corn. I love corn, but, apparently is it not only not a vegetable, it is very high in carbs. Corn is a grain.)
So, here are some veggies I like and think are okay to eat.

Turnip greens, collard greens, spinich, kale, bell pepper, squash, onion, turnips, green beans, asparagus, broccoli… actually, let me cut to the chase, I like pretty much all vegetables. (I also like almost all fruits.)

So, one thing I need to figure out is which vegetables are my best choices and how much of them I can eat.

I know that spinich is a great choice. And I LOVE collards or mustard greens, but, don’t know much about the carbs in them. I also know broccoli is a good choice. I think I read that garlic is really good for you. One to avoid is potatos. I watched on video and the girl said that “this” is how she looks at a potato. She said she looks at a potato as if were a big lump of sugar.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

this looked interesting regarding carbs
What low-carb vegetables are good? There’s a very simple rule:

Vegetables growing above ground are low carb and can be eaten freely.
Vegetables growing below ground contain more carbs, so you’ll have to be more careful with them (especially potatoes).
Like any rule it is not perfect, so have a look below.
this looked interesting regarding carbs

editable…not edible Food Goals

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes the Greens! live food is a must(:

then there is the subject of GMOS and organics.
agree about cutting out corn…

create a list for your pantry, and decide a bit with what you know, and as you find out more about ‘works’ for you include and or do less or stop.

there are so many awesome links on the internet.

Maybe decide which condiments you want in your pantry… They last quite awhile (check dates of course) (:

Then the next thing that will last is frozen veggies and fruits (so you throw away less) take it from the healthy trashcan Queen . With canned goods-look for BPA free linings. (and you can stock up on them and of course the bagged beans, that you created a beautiful thread on)

decide how you want to start your day. (nothing that will raise the sugar quickly) call it breakfast for a reason-you’re breaking a fast.

Lemon is an excellent detoxifier and as lots of health benefits… a glass of warm lemon water pre breakfast is good, at least I like it.

Anyway, love this! looking forward to watching the videos you provided, and researching more with you & anyone who’d like to participate(:

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    saving this for foods you may be surprised about (easy snacks)
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • ~

Let me just say this – I’ve changed my diet and, get this, absolutely NOT kidding, I changed what I was eating, by that I mean that I stopped eating certain things, and I want to make this perfectly clear, not imagining anything, and 48 hours later I feel a HUGE difference. A HUGE difference. Let me repeat that for you guys – I don’t feel a LITTLE different, I feel a LOT different. Better. Just one last time, so there is no confusion here, I changed my diet about two days ago and it has been amazing. Okay, “I know, I know” is what you are thinking, but, I’m sorry, but you DON’T know what I’m talking about unless you let what I am saying soak in. Not in some passive, “yeah, I got it, next subject” kind of way. I want you to realize what I am saying. I can really and truly feel a very big difference and it is not some placebo thing or some panacea thing, it is a real difference. I keep repeating this so you guys might get a little inspiration and try really and truly eating the right things that work for YOU and see if you don’t also feel a big difference.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

you must feel renewed for steps taken(:

very happy for you SMARTROUTINES!

• ~

i really do get what you’re saying… and understand what it takes to begin and continue…

hope you continue to share… and others share about this too
(:

7 Reasons to Use Parchment Paper 

parchment

Silicone Silicone Baking Sheet

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content