login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Triumphant Lives to Inspire Us

A great thing we can do for ourselves is to read about people with inspiring stories. When we feel down or defeated we can remember that no matter how bad it seems there have been others who have felt the same pain and overcome it. Is there a story of someone you’d like to share? Famous and not so famous people turn defeat into triumph all the time, tell us about someone who is inspiring to you – be it someone famous or someone you know personally.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Helen Keller is truly an inspiration.

Annie Sullivan’s story is as amazing as Hellen Keller’s. Annie Sullivan was Helen Keller’s teacher. Some chains hold people back, part of Annie Sullivan’s life was actually spent living in a cage in an asylum, but there is another kind of chain – a chain of events. Annie was put in a part of the asylum called the dungeon – where they put the hopeless cases. One person took pity on her and started spending time with her. At first Annie sat in the cage apparently unaware of the person who came to visit her. One day the lady brought her a plate of brownies and left it next to her cage. The next day when she returned the brownies were gone. Over time Annie came back to the world of the living. Simple acts of kindness can set great things in motion. Let’s remind ourselves of this once and a while.

Eartha White

W. Mitchell

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Irena Sendler

Irena Sendler Wiki

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Sir Thomas Buxton wiki

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

John Locke wiki

John Locke for Dummies

SECOND TREATISE OF GOVERNMENT by JOHN LOCKE on Project Gutenberg. Worth reading.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

William Wallace

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I agree Jim Carrey is quite an inspiration,and that video (consciousness)Incredible

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

jim carrey at the AFI awards

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

You know who I need to add? Martin Luther His life wasn’t easy, but, he quite literally changed the world.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

and can’t forget viktor-frankl

Morrie Schwartz

and a gentleman I posted about today JR Martinez

great idea for thread… will come back to visit and focus on contributions(:

• ~

3cc9069443d0ddea48b07a6f95fc097f--couple-quotes-history.jpgf32cd547c86952494cd5b82dda5c37e6--go-outside-comfort.jpgc2f40081facda9dfc735ee1d9c46b7f0--anne-frank-quotes-a-quotes.jpg

66446d0a9b404e18d5adf73096343df8--anne-frank-quotes-a-symbol.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

“How was it possible, I asked myself, to walk for an hour through the woods and see nothing worthy of note? I who cannot see find hundreds of things to interest me through mere touch. I feel the delicate symmetry of a leaf. I pass my hands lovingly about the smooth skin of a silver birch, or the rough, shaggy bark of a pine. In spring I touch the branches of trees hopefully in search of a bud, the first sign of awakening Nature after her winter’s sleep. I feel the delightful, velvety texture of a flower, and discover its remarkable convolutions; and something of the miracle of Nature is revealed to me. Occasionally, if I am very fortunate, I place my hand gently on a small tree and feel the happy quiver of a bird in full song. I am delighted to have the cool waters of a brook rush through my open fingers. To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug. To me the pageant of seasons is a thrilling and unending drama, the action of which streams through my finger tips.

At times my heart cries out with longing to see all these things. If I can get so much pleasure from mere touch, how much more beauty must be revealed by sight. Yet, those who have eyes apparently see little. The panorama of color and action which fills the world is taken for granted. It is human, perhaps, to appreciate little that which we have and to long for that which we have not, but it is a great pity that in the world of light the gift of sight is used only as a mere convenience rather than as a means of adding fullness to life.”

— Helen Keller, Three Days to See

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Selfpity-is-our-worst.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

helen-keller-quotes-no.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content