login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★My Dad, Your Dad

I was thinking about my Dad. He died when I was ten, but he was really a special person. He was on the Burma Road in WWII. I remember how many people came to the funeral, it was amazing to me how many lives he touched. I’m thinking of him right now ‘cause I saw a clip from “Hee Haw” on Youtube. It was one of his favorite shows. Those of you in countries other than the U.S. probably never heard of “Hee Haw”. It was a country music variety show – lots of music and funny skits. My dad loved that stuff. He had a beautiful voice, I can still hear him in my head, though I seldom heard him sing. It was dry and raspy, but in a beautiful dulcet way. I wish I had gotten his hazel eyes, I’m not complaining, brown is alright, just wishin’. He also used to watch a television show called “The Big 10 Jamboree”. That was a show on the local television station with lots of gospel and country music on it. I could go on about my Dad, of course, when I was a kid it was always “Daddy”. Yes, sir and yes, Mam, was how I was raised. Anyway, I just thought some of you guys might wanna’ share something about the special people in your family so I created this thread.

Uncle Roy & Dad (right) caught a pretty nice stringer THAT day!

Here are some clips from “Hee Haw” That’s Bad
Pfft, You Were Gone
Jerry Reed and Chet Atkins Jerry’s Breakdown
Johnny and June

The world could use more good clean humor these days.

P.S.
Did I ever tell you guys that my Dad once sold a horse to Johnny Cash.
More Hee Haw

Did you notice the overalls? My Dad always wore overalls when he wasn’t working!

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Jeff, thanks for sharing those memories that are so special for you. It means a lot to us to include us in your space. I’m sure I can speak for most of us that way, if not all(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hey MCM
My Dad died when I was 8. I often think about him.
I have similar ‘little memories’ that warm my cockles.

On a Sunday, he used to watch the Horse Races. He would treat himself to a cigar and a little tipple of his favorite single Malt. He would be sitting in his favorite arm chair with his legs outstretched and his ankles crossed and I would sit on his feet. He used to raise and lower his feet like a see-saw and I would be so calm and happy.

He often used to sing the song ‘Sailing’ by Rod Stewart – REALLY BADLY! But it sounded like ‘home’!

I am so blessed to have such wonderful warm memories as I’m sure you agree MCM – Its so good to have recollections of someone that is no longer with us, but has a strong living presence in US, as their children…..

A full and thankful heart..

In response to themadcookieman’s post:
Thanks for sharin’ about your Dad(:

I found this lovely story you told us about your Dad

Nothing like those kind of memories(:

Here is one from that thread I had told about my folks too

Here are some tunes that remind me of my Mom

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to themadcookieman’s post:

Hi MCM,

My dad was a bohemian. He did whatever he wanted when he wanted. Loved to dance and would dance with me when I was a little girl. This song and dance step really touched my heart because the little girl all the way to the right dancing with the man in a shirt especially when he turns her, looked just like me and my dad dancing. It was like stepping into the past really blew my mind.

Rock around the clock

When I was a little girl, like many little girls growing up I guess.. was told I was like a lil’ Shirley. That was a good lil’ girls’ mentor(:

This movie used to remind me of my Dad and I. There was a better song that really reminded me more, but it has been removed. So this one will do just fine

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie- worksout-daily&w/everything she’s got~ ~‘s post:

Darn you Laurie that made me cry! That is soooooo cute. It made my heart happy!

Love Mary

I wonder if posting on here will help me voice a deep wish/desire I have….

Dad, I miss you. I was always your little princess, and now I am getting married. Wish you could be with me on that special day, to give me away in spirit if not in body.

I will keep you close to my heart on that wedding day and continue to love and respect you as always….

My dad’s turning 75 this october end. All of us ( we are 4 – 1 brother and 3 sisters) are organising a dinner for him. We have invited his close friends and relatives. Hope he enjoys the evening.
In fact I am feeling a little jittery because my father is a strict man,he loves sticking to his routine and so he may not like the delays caused by late arrival of guests. We have told everyone to come on time, though.
Keeping my fingers crossed!
I appreciate my father for his principles in life and the way he has led his life.

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

In response to anoushka_f’s post:

anoushka Your dad will be there for you. I beleive we have one foot here on Earth and the other in the next world. Can you remember a time when you were feeling particularly sad and then you dreamt your dad? When you woke up you felt great? They communicate with us and give us love when we need it through our dreams or by messages.

Your dads love for you still runs through your veins. Energy never goers away. Especially love.

Hugs,
Mary

In response to godscreation’s post:
Oh GC – Thanks so much for those kind and warming words. I really like your way of thinking and it always pleases me to read your posts. You have a wonderful outlook on life, one of compassion, care and attention to the little things – I love that about you. Thanks for replying to this. It was a really ‘out there’ statement and somehow hoped it would be my way of making that request to the universe.
God Bless you GC!
Anoushka

In response to anoushka_f’s post:

anoushda you are so welcome. You see the Universe hears all good things and in return gives them back to you to let you know your prayers are not being ignored. Blessings to you always.

Love Mary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content