login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Clutter - My eye opening experience

I stumbled across this video tonight. How I stumbled across it is an interesting (to me only most likely) story which I may try to explain, but, for now, let me just share this link. I liked the topic so I subscribed to the channel.

Declutter for Change

(reminder to self, it started with google maps)

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I should be asleep, but, I have what will probably just seem like a nutty story and I want to share it. Maybe someone will relate. So, I’ve been doing some things that are making some changes to my life so my mind has been pretty active of late. Well, I was sleepy earlier and when I laid down, my thoughts wouldn’t let me go to sleep. I could have done some breathing and relaxing, but, instead I just stayed awake. My thoughts were taking me down several different roads and one of those roads sent me to my computer to open google maps. Not going to try to explain the process that lead me there, but, here is what I found interesting that I wanted to share and tell how it lead me to stumble across the decluttering thing. Anyway, I opened google maps to my town and zoomed in on an area of town that was on my mind. Again, to long to explain that stuff, but, I zoomed in and went to the street view and just started going down the streets looking at all the building. Things I have seen hundreds of times, but, I was taking a virtual drive around this particular area of town just looking at everything. All sorts of possibilities came to my mind. “oooh, what would I do with THAT place”. and so on. Now, I know it might seem odd, but, I think that you might get a lot from doing the same thing. When I started looking at all the possibilities my mind then turned to my own property. The things i have right now that I am not using or appreciating. I looked around my house in my mind and then in reality and noticed all the clutter in my life and all of the possibilities around me that I am simply not engaging with. Things in my yard. I think of all the nice things I could do if I just would. I thought of all the clutter. That led me to this thread. I felt something significant tonight in my mind. A real, and it may sound silly, but, an emotional deep down, not sad, but, kind of unnerving kind of feeling. I don’t know what it is, but, I feel like something has changed in me,

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

And that just made me think of a song. I think I’ll post that too.

Throw it all away

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Forgive me for rambling on so long, but, I’m feeling a lot at the moment and I want to say that I feel like I have been half asleep for a decade. I hope I’m waking up.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

thank you for sharing…and sharing so openly! awesome and inspiring ! note to self-revisit this thread(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to AppreciationView˚‘s post:
This is a favorite thread of mine. Recently we’ve been doing what some call downsizing. I never liked that term so much… because it only means to me-having less of your stuff.

I like my stuff or I would’ve never attained/obtained it(: I prefer to call it creating the best of these times(:

As we grow or simply change our minds as to what is important to us… some things simply do not serve our newest and best intentions. Your thread SRWE has reinforced what I need for creating more of my current bliss(: Thanks again!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:
that’s an awesome feeling …and on that note, thanks for sharing that too!

I agree it does bring on that precipice of change… and it feels like nothing else. I hope to be doing more of all you spoke of …today and each day in some shape or form! I feel like that has been an ‘effort’ of mine… though lately more of a flow I look forward to even more(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I love this thread and it is a subject very close to me .Have tried watching the video but it keeps stopping or won’t play but in the first few minutes I was sat here nodding .I built walls of stuff around myself in the house when I became a single Mum and was very low with depression and physical problems. This has gone on for years but recently I have started clearing and at first kept getting overwhelmed and stopping ,it was impossible to contemplate taking down those physical and emotional walls ,but now it is getting easier .Something is awakening in me – a desire for peace,healing and comfort on our home and not the chaos of stuff everywhere.

great thread!

want to return to!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKnWAjSuAMxQNRoUCbOU-Hb2WB99UBhiUDehJKZEyR3Oyjgol0Image result for declutter pic quotes

Image result for pic quotes may I be as this moment matt kahn

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content