login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

--★Happiness Meeting -Simplicity

Bmindful Happiness Thread Meetings are as close as we can come to an actual chat-room discussion…(:
Bmindful members are always welcome anytime… just drop by and share…as soon as the title indicates thread is open for your posts!(:

• ~
    Welcome To Your Weekly Bmindful Happiness Thread Meeting…the meeting that has a start date and never closes…which all members are invited to and to share what works for them related to the weekly theme. We love working as a team… ask how you can help create a weekly meeting. Ask how we collaborate all that you see in our opening posts. We brainstorm around our full schedules…and look forward to it each week. We start chatting Sunday evening, and have ideas trickle into Monday, and we joyously present whatever we have no later than every Wednesday.

We’d like you to be part of an experience that we’d believe you’d prosper from as we have. So just drop by and say I want in … to help create a meeting. As far as participating… Bmindful members are always welcome anytime… just drop by and share…as soon as the title indicates thread is open for your posts!(

Simplicity

We live in an ever complex society where we are exposed to the world in ways our ancestors never dreamed being possible. Many of us are born into a informational/technological world that is so ingrained into our fabric of life we hardly notice it. Some of us get so entangled in the pressures of life, we start to self destruct. Poor health, chronic fatigue, and other illnesses are common. So that is what leads to our topic this week of simplicity.

1. How do you interpret 'back to the basics'?

2. How does celebrating your life (and/or the lives of others) create a path for the joyous simplicity you value in everyday things/choices?

3. What are some things you do to create a simpler way of living/being? [How do you incorporate greater ease in your life?]

4.What is the one thing you find to be the most helpful when you feel overwhelmed?

5. On change: Do you welcome the new in your life? How do you view change that you desire? What works for you when you’re creating a space for changes in your life? [How do you create ease when it comes to change?]

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

• ~~~~~~~~~
    What Money Can’t Buy
  • Peace of Mind – It can only be acquired with an honest heart.
  • Beginner’s Eyes – You’ll never see it again for the very first time.
  • ~~~~~~~~~
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “60 WAYS TO MAKE LIFE SIMPLE AGAIN”:“http://www.marcandangel.com/2010/11/01/60-ways-to-make-life-simple-again/
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    some I like from the list
  • Ask someone if you aren’t sure.
  • Write things down.
  • Say “I love you” to your loved ones as often as possible.
  • Be yourself.
  • Spend a little time now learning a time-saving trick or shortcut that you can use over and over again in the future.
  • Set priorities for yourself and act accordingly.
  • Follow your heart. Don’t waste your life fulfilling someone else’s dreams and desires.
  • ~~~~~~~~~*
  • organized habits”:http://www.developgoodhabits.com/organized-habits/

Below are 21 organized habits of productive people. It’s not enough to tell yourself you’re an organized person. With each of these habits, form an individual core belief for every single one of them. Examples of a good core belief for each are given. Start with this: I am an organized person. to read more

• ~~~~~~~~~

I Am living a Divine plan

60 ways to make life simple again

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

• “Get Out Of The Way Of Your Good”:
    • Get Out Of The Way -Of Your Good
    •  
      • What it Feels Like to Be in the Flow
        “ ~about author
        “:http://www.christenresmo.com/about.html
        You’ll know you’re in a state of allowance when you feel peaceful, calm and expectant. You can gently and easily remind yourself to return to this natural state whenever you feel any discordant feelings of turmoil and unrest. Take a deep breath, put your hand on your heart-center and affirm, “I now return to my natural state of allowing things to be.” “to read more”:http://www.benchmarkcoaching.com/law8.html

“Positive Affirmations For Creating Effortless Ease”:“http://www.benchmarkcoaching.com/law7.html “ about author”:http://www.christenresmo.com/about.html
Tips: Success, happiness, prosperity, love and joy are all part of your natural state, but you can explore and experience negativity if you choose, however unnatural. Nature flows with effortless ease so when you affirm your true nature, your life flows with greater ease and far less effort too. Consider the definition of ‘positive’ seen below. I’m struck by how many world-renown leaders such as Mother Teresa, Gandhi, the Dali Lama, FDR and Churchill among many others, have used similar words to describe the nature of the human spirit. to read more

• ~
    BathTub Meditating˚
    BathTub Meditating Common side effects include drowsiness, total relaxation, and complete contentedness.
  • ~

Another thing I don’t mention, but I employ & enjoy are pictures of flowers and water. They create an ease-momentum for me.
I love different types of pictures of water and flowers. This one I call:energetic Waters It’s actually ‘too much’ when I desire more ease…(:

There are a number of things I enjoy that are more relaxing…when I’m slowing myself down

In response to Peace,Focus&Smiles’s post:

“ also from 60 WAYS TO MAKE LIFE SIMPLE AGAIN”:http://www.marcandangel.com/2010/11/01/60-ways-to-make-life-simple-again/ :

Life is not complex. We are complex. Life is simple,
and the simple thing is the right thing.
– Oscar Wilde

I like this quote

Don’t try to please everyone. Just do what you know is right.

Stay out of other people’s drama. And don’t needlessly create your own.

Follow your heart. Don’t waste your life fulfilling someone else’s dreams and desires.

I just went through Organized habits
they all sound great but my mind doesn’t work that way. I am sure I am the exception. Nice link!

In response to Poppy’s post:

Stay out of other people’s drama. And don’t needlessly create your own. I like that too(:

I think I know why you included it, Your mind wrote the book on organization! What a great talent.

You’re very kind(: I need even greater focus with those things at this stage of my life… And will fill in later(: Once again, thanks for your kind comment, I know you truly mean that, and I took it with in a joyous smile(:

Great, because I definitely wanted it to to be a compliment.

and that is why I like this meeting-creating with you…you offer great input, and like we’ve agreed -its even fun to disagree…because of respecting one another and the kindness in the midst…Like our site… it is the KINDNESS we know is always there waiting for us(:

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love this weeks topic!!

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

I just encountered a wonderful affirmation, and its completely synchronous with this weeks topic:

“Anything thats long-lasting and worthwhile takes time and complete surrender.”

Quote by Ryan Hidinger.

Ryan died of cancer. He and his wife were trying to open up a restaurant when news of his advanced cancer changed everything. The people in their community held a benefit to support the couple, and after Ryan passed, the wife went on and kept the foundation, The Giving Kitchen, going in the intention of helping others. The foundation has been very successful, raising unbelievable amounts of money, and supporting others in their community. Eventually, the wife also went on to open up the restaurant that she and her husband had dreamed of.

What a beautiful legacy. And what a perfect affirmation!!!

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.

My spiritual practices, my faith, using daily affirmations, my participation in these Happiness meetings are very important to me.

All of these things have helped me and have nurtured my spirit.

In response to Kathi’s post:

“Anything thats long-lasting and worthwhile takes time and complete surrender. — Ryan Hidinger

YES! Time and complete surrender. Take the time to blend in the beauty and joy of nature.

Perfect!!

Simplify

Birth
Sucking in air
Grasping to understand
Who am I?

Opening eyes
Cannot see
The complexities
Of the world

You simply are

Perfect

Love is showered
From All That Is
Heart penetrating
A warm glow

Bright eyes
Illuminating out
A complex path

Free choice
Winning in life
By finding
Only winners

Source of Simplicity
Acting with
Love in your heart!

Poppy, LOVE THAT POEM!!

You Rock!!

I needed more time to think about simplicity.

After time in consideration, for me, I think that simplicity is like Maslow’s hierarchy of human needs:
sleep, nutrition, safety, love and belonging.

Of the sum total, for me, the love and belonging are truly driving needs. We all need to feel like we belong and we are loved. We can have sleep, nutrition and safety and be very unfulfilled. They are still mainstays of our daily needs. However, the love and belonging that we all require are much more complex.

One time, I read an unforgettable article that talked about the first few moments of human life, when the Mother bonds with new newborn. I still am struck by the absolute need for this bonding to occur, and — I am struck by that which the power of that bond provides for the entire life of the Mother and Child. The mothers who had either medical complications, or who were over medicated with pain medication, or who, for any number of other complications, did not fully get to participate with the power of giving birth, in those few few first moments, that incredible bond, those first few moments are when this incredible bond is irrevocably solidified… and, it is that same bond that will give sustenance for the entire life span for both mother, child, and for the father.

In that instant, love and belonging is unfolded.

When I think about simplicity, I think of enduring things, like family, tradition, culture.

No doubt we are fully in the age of technology, but no amount of technology could ever replace or over ride our human needs for love and belonging.

Many of my deepest thoughts are still very idealistic. I recognize that.

no amount of technology could ever replace or over ride our human needs for love and belonging

so true Kathi!

It does always seem to go back to that, doesn’t it?

Love… (:

My other thought about simplicity:
It does not matter what job you do, or how much you make, or what level of power or influence that one yields. What matters is the qualities of one’s heart.

Yesterday, I happened to notice this Angel gift store. I had never been in there, never had time, or never made it a priority. So, I parked right in front, and it was about 15 or 20 minutes before they were closing. Perfect. I went in, and the owner was the first person I met. He was very nice, and greeted me. We both smiled genuinely at one another, and he took me over and he showed me his proudest treasure. He had a small glass vessel with a small cotton ball in the bottom. He told me the story, that this unusual, miraculous few drops of this substance, which — I hope I don’t get this rendering of the story incorrect: it was from the tomb or something from St. Demetrius, who died hundreds of years ago, and is located in Greece.

I will return to the shop today, to get the story right, and I will return to this note and update you.

Anyway, the substance—- I did not touch it, I only smelled it, it had a very faint, fine perfume. I have no idea what it is, but it was light, faint, and extremely wonderful…

Then, the man asked me my name, I told him “Kathi”, and he was excited, his voice was nearly musical! St. Catherine, you have been named after St. Catherine!

He then told me a beautiful story about St. Catherine. The story had instant impact, and I reflected upon the story: Catherine was a beautiful woman, and she was from affluence. Several men had offered to marry her, but she turned everyone down. She was a snob. One day, another suitor tried to offer marriage, and she did it again. That same night she had a dream. She dreamed that she encountered the Blessed Virgin Mary holding the Child Jesus. The Blessed Mother said to Jesus, meet Catherine, she is beautiful. The baby Jesus refused to look at Catherine, and said, “No, I will not meet her. She is vile.” In the dream, Catherine was absolutely devastated, and she recognized and was horrified by this new view of who and what she had become.

Catherine was so shook up by the dream, and by the message that was conveyed, that she immediately turned her heart around! She became very devote catholic, and she had an amazing relationship with her faith…

Again, back to simplicity:

Love yourself. Love one another.

In the words of the 14th Dali Lama, let your enemies be your teachers of love and compassion.

Practice forgiveness. Practice compassion. Allow your heart to be healed! Let your greatest quality be your heart…

I started reading thread, but, don’t have time to read everything right now. Here are two cents for you guys. Do something simple and small. Clean our bathroom medicine cabinet and enjoy it while you are doing it. Doing something like that is medicine for the mind. Tactile experiences can give you a sense of peace and an appreciation for simplicity. Hold a book. Feel it in your hands. Flip through the pages. Look at it. Pay attention to how it feels. Get out your old lp’s. Look at them. Play them. Read the liner notes. Look at the artwork. Pay attention to how that makes you feel. Get some flower pots. Put some dirt in them. Plant something. Pay attention to how the dirt feels. Pay attention to the scents. Wash your hands. How does that feel?

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:
Leave it to SRWE to also bring it home on a wonderful all senses level (:

Thank you SRWE (smiles) for your contributions …. music & all!

refreshing … (listening to the tunes while keeping it simple with my day)
have fun

Simple Gifts from Appalachian Spring by Copeland

And enjoy this beautiful vocal version with Yo Yo Ma and Allison Krauss Simple Gifts

Here is another nice one for you. Plant Your Fields

Mother Nature’s Son

Leader of the Band

Nether Lands

Another John Denver song for you. Grandmother’s Feather Bed

The Truth Will Always Be

I thought of another John Denver one. Toledo Ohio

East Asheville Hardware

3×5

Throw It All Away

Another John Mayer for you. Stop this Train

Rainbow Connection

Over the Rainbow by IZ

Into the Mystic

I would also like to recommend a short story for you if you can find it. It is called “Leaf by Niggle”. A beautiful story that will touch your soul. At least it did mine. I’ve read it many times.

I found it. Leaf by Niggle

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Awesome contribution SRWE!!!!

LOVE your thoughts!!!

Kathi I’ve read this severe times today and not had the time to respond until now.

“One time, I read an unforgettable article that talked about the first few moments of human life, when the Mother bonds with new newborn. I still am struck by the absolute need for this bonding to occur, and — I am struck by that which the power of that bond provides for the entire life of the Mother and Child. The mothers who had either medical complications, or who were over medicated with pain medication, or who, for any number of other complications, did not fully get to participate with the power of giving birth, in those few few first moments, that incredible bond, those first few moments are when this incredible bond is irrevocably solidified… and, it is that same bond that will give sustenance for the entire life span for both mother, child, and for the father.”

I totally get he mother/child bonding thing in the first few moments, and I think there is more to it than just that. A child and an adult, father, grandmother, someone who is willing to take on the lifelong loving relationship, can bond very tightly with an infant. It is that incredible loving bond that is irrevocably solidified in my opinion.

Love yourself. Love one another.”—-Perfect!

4. What is the one thing you find to be the most helpful when you feel overwhelmed?

I connect with nature.

I have always had an ability to deeply focus on any project. My problem usually consists of the length of things I need/want to do. Once I realize I have too many irons in the fire, I retreat into nature—-sometimes it is only into my back yard, or a nearby park. I’ll sit out and absorb the warm rays of the sun just a bit and slowly begin to increase my senses. I start by taking 3 or 4 long breaths, holding them and then releasing. I concentrate on feeling my muscles relax as I exhale. Next, I start listening for leaves rustling or birds singing, that sort of thing. The further I can get away from city sounds the better. Then I start looking for beauty. It might be flowers, a gnarled old tree, grass mocking the ocean waving in the breeze, in and out like the beach, ants marching along to feed their queen—-that sort of thing. I will spend the better part of an hour or more just connecting with nature.

I love what you wrote Poppy (for you… and for myself). While, it’s true I love connecting with nature also, as part of something that works for me…your eloquent description sounded like an invitation to maximize my experience to a greater level. It was perfect! And I thank you! How awesome it is to hear of experiences …that mean so much to the person sharing…and it has a complete experience for others…

I had a similar experience when reading SRWE’s post when he described how Tactile experiences can give you a sense of peace and an appreciation for simplicity … when describing cleaning out a medicine cabinet, experiencing a book and its pages, holding a book, gardening etc
I actually got into some projects this evening …with the experience in mind …that went beyond the project & goals of it(: It was a mindfully …more than just enjoyable… experience. It did wake up my senses.

I thank you both…

I am very glad this mtg. is posted until Friday & that it never closes. Will return, because this meeting is truly working well for me …again(:

2. How does celebrating your life (and/or the lives of others) create a path for the joyous simplicity you value in everyday things/choices?

Celebration is living!! Everyday, when we are mindful of the moment we are in… there are precious encounters that can only be described as a choice to find the sparkling miracles or dance too fast as though its the same old party, different day.

Its never the same…And the people we encounter… as well as the unique dimensions we experience with selves and others… is The celebration … .

With regard to relationships … we are all in constant change/evolving … and we get the opportunity to experience …yes..ourselves… but also others… How awesome is this…. I’m grateful and appreciative everyday for being able to enjoy myself and others. It brings me back home… when I allow this experience.

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I am struck by that which the power of that bond provides for the entire life of the Mother and Child

That statement among others is very powerful, Kathi.

When I think about the significance of bonding…with my own parent, even after this woman in my life had passed… I am in forever-awe of that woman/that connection/that bond . Though even beyond that, the energy that was given is woven in everything.

I remember times when I was searching for my own identity, and wanted to know who I was versus this woman that gave me life. Well of course, life offers these opportunities. I’m only glad … that I did find me… to the point that… that bond could be honored and appreciated.
Thank you Kathi for sharing as you have. Kathi, You write beautifully too.

It was powerful to hear your thoughts:

The mothers who had either medical complications, or who were over medicated with pain medication, or who, for any number of other complications, did not fully get to participate with the power of giving birth, in those few few first moments, that incredible bond, those first few moments are when this incredible bond is irrevocably solidified… and, it is that same bond that will give sustenance for the entire life span for both mother, child, and for the father.”

What talented loving people I’ve been privileged to share the same moments with(:

I also really love what you wrote…

It’s absolutely beautiful, that you have such a strong connection, and that it fills up all of your senses, and balance is restored.

4. What is the one thing you find to be the most helpful when you feel overwhelmed?

Let’s talk about what overwhelmed means. I think there are different kinds of overwhelmed. Overwhelming sadness, overwhelming stress, overwhelming work load, even overwhelming positive emotions like joy.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

interesting distinction!

You are absolutely correct. I was suggesting a feeling of anguish, or discombobulation as overwhelm. Somewhere near the tipping point when you know you need to pause, stand back and simplify your life.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTN8uU5S9kzP3OeumRqn8DF0KNX0hl3-eS8hprulLYG6Iz0XTVOxQ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfNRRpSOfFhFjDJl_1eD0FFX34CXhx36h0A_aX_zsBFSWgggMa

Your white rose is very nice. I can almost smell it.

Simple Sight

If but you could see
The world
Through my eyes
A wonderful place of
Patience, kindness, honesty, humility
Forgiveness and inner peace
Allowing a better understanding of you—-
And me.

I want to thank all who have been a part of this happiness meeting. A special thanks to all who have participated by posting comments. I truly enjoy the interaction as your thoughts spur my continued growth. And lastly, a simple and profound Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to Peace, Focus&Smiles. I firmly believe these meetings are beneficial to all who read and participate in them. Again thanks!

"From innumerable complexities we must grow to simplicity. We must become simple in our inward life and in our outward needs"

Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Greater happiness comes with simplicity than with complexity"

Buddha

"Be content with what you have, rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you"

"Embrace simplicity. Put others first. Desire little"

"Simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are you greatest treasures"

"See simplicity in the complicated. Achieve greatness in little things"

Lao Tzu

"Live in the simplicity of everyday life"

"There is always simplicity about the present moment"

"When you attention moves into the NOW, there is an alertness. It is as if you were waking up from a dream, the dream of thought, the dream of past and future. Such clarity, such simplicity. No room for problem making. Just this moment as it is"

Eckhart Tolle

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

"Take responsibility, but with child like simplicity. This saves your mind and helps you to fulfill your duties more effectively"

Gurudev Sri Sri

"In the outer life simplicity is beautiful. In the inner life simplicity is invincible"

Sri Chinmoy

"There is goodness as well as greatness in simplicity"

Gandhi

enjoying your quotes, Blue Moon, thank you!

In response to Poppy's post:

Poppy, I love this thread! I also loved everything that everyone wrote!

Awesome, Bmindful!!

In response to Kathi's post: In response to Blue moon's post

so glad this Happiness Meeting became current. Its a perfect one for me right now.

It is an easier topic-this moment since I'm on vacation... and years have gone by since I checked out Poppy's suggested questions.

interpreting back to the basics 

celebrating my life and the lives of others

joyous simplicity 

greater ease in life

when overwhelmed -what do I do?

Creating space

will come back this week

today... because the day is just starting for me... 

NOTES

Asking myself permission (seeing how I really feel, and accommodating myself generously with the bigger picture in 'background')

Affirmations In Process

c961e0405f6f6646be3500799a6206ca--mary-mary-mary-engelbreit.jpg

interpreting back to the basics :

celebrating my life and the lives of others:

joyous simplicity:

greater ease in life:

when overwhelmed -what do I do?

Change.

Creating space

In response to Blue moon's post:

this is a perfect quote Blue Moon-thank you

3404806922?profile=RESIZE_710x

In response to Blue moon's post: it is so easy to get get caught up in the machine of the world. It sneaks up on you. As soon as you realize you are in the machines cogs, jump off into simple living. I agree, it will damage your heart so go simple! Great contribution. 

The most difficult

Is very simple

Look into your heart

Not to enrich yourself

But the needs of the world 

Then act as if 

Driven by angelic goodness

To right all wrongs

For no reason other

Than because

It’s the right thing 

To do

In response to Poppy's post:

love it all!

act as if

Driven by angelic goodness

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content