login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★--Vulnerability (Happiness)

thread created 3-16-16 (though of course remains open & you can edit your responses to reflection-questions as more comes up for you… or simply return when the time is right)

• __________

Welcome To Your Weekly Bmindful Happiness Thread Meeting…the meeting that has a start date and never closes…which all members are invited to and to share what works for them related to the weekly theme. We love working as a team… ask how you can help create a weekly meeting. Ask how we collaborate all that you see in our opening posts. We brainstorm around our full schedules…and look forward to it each week. We start chatting Sunday evening, and have ideas trickle into Monday, and we joyously present whatever we have no later than every Wednesday.

We’d like you to be part of an experience that we’d believe you’d prosper from as we have. So just drop by and say I want in … to help create a meeting. As far as participating… Bmindful members are always welcome anytime… just drop by and share…as soon as the title indicates thread is open for your posts!(:
  • ~
    our meetings are as close as we can come to an actual chat-room discussion…(:

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

THIS WEEKS TOPIC: POWER OF VULNERABILITY
  • ~
    In the last Happiness Meeting something unusual happened with me. I was told I was vulnerable. At first, I didn’t like the sound of it but as I let those words roll around in my mind, I wondered what it meant? What does it mean to be vulnerable? I couldn’t really answer myself.

“Poppy, your poetry is fantastic, and I have enjoyed the journey of your words. Part of the freshness or the appeal/allure is your vulnerability. In your vulnerability, is my vulnerability.” —- Kathi

“ There’s nothing more daring than showing up, putting ourselves out there and letting ourselves be seen.” —- Dr. Brené Brown

I began thinking about Dr. Brown’s words and after watching her video, this is what I wrote.

Vulnerability

Lying alone, exposed,
In silent darkness.
Heart opening up
To brilliant white light.

Heart listening,
Thumping its song.
Breathing in courage!
Glowing warmly,
Gaining strength.

Facing down fear.
Heart murmuring,
You can do it.
Breathing in peace,
Exhaling uncertainty.

Forming universal connections.
Octopus tentacles
Sucking you into
One with Spirit.

Excruciating pleasure.
I want for nothing.
I am enough!

Vulnerable!

• ~
    [Brene Brown badge]
  • ~

please watch video posted »

Suggested Questions For This Topic…

1. All of us enjoy being inspired, heard, understood for ourselves and one another. What does the allowing of vulnerability lend to being more compassionate of oneself & others? What does that experience bring forth for you?
2. What barriers stop you from being vulnerable?

3.And in contrast what blocks/compels you from being more open & vulnerable?
4. What would become available if you allowed more vulnerability in important relationships/settings in your life?
5. Who are you being that you allow areas of unworkability and loss of freedom?

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

Quotes by Brene Brown

Dr. Brené Brown

Watch this talk »

• ** TED Video The Power of Vulnerability Brené Brown studies human connection — our ability to empathize, belong, love. In a poignant, funny talk, she shares a deep insight from her research, one that sent her on a personal quest to know herself as well as to understand humanity. A talk to share. (Filmed at TEDxHouston.)

“Worthiness doesn’t have prerequisites.”
quote by Brené Brown, The Gifts of Imperfection Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are

Worthiness doesn’t have prerequisites

pdfI thought it was just me
The first element of shame resilience is recognizing shame and understanding our triggers. Men and women who are resilient to shame have this capacity. This enables them to respond to shame with awareness and understanding. When we can’t recognize shame and understand our triggers, shame blindsides us. It washes over us, and we want to slink away and hide.
In contrast, if we recognize our shame triggers, we can make mindful, thoughtful decisions about how we’re going to respond to shame—before we do something that might make things worse./Shame has physical symptoms. These might include your mouth getting dry, time seeming to slow down, your heart racing, twitching, looking down and tunnel vision. These symptoms are different from one person to the next. So if you learn your physical symptoms, you can recognize shame and get back on your feet faster

pdf Owning Our Story Can Be Hard

video Listening To Shame Shame is an unspoken epidemic, the secret behind many forms of broken behavior. Brené Brown, whose earlier talk on vulnerability became a viral hit, explores what can happen when people confront their shame head-on. Her own humor, humanity and vulnerability shine through every word

• ** article and ►• video topic: Joy Is ‘The Most Terrifying, Difficult Emotion’ Joy/Gratitude (•‿• ) Truly joyful people, Dr. Brown says, do not allow fear to take away from fully experiencing joy. “They don’t say, ‘That’s a shudder of terror about feeling joyful. I’m going to dress-rehearse tragedy,’” she says. “They say, ‘I’m going to practice gratitude… Gratitude is a practice. It is tangible.’” Dr. Brene Brown
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at the moment. Eckhart Tolle

I Am living a Divine plan

Brene Brown Quotes

“For me, and for many of us, our first waking thought of the day is “I didn’t get enough sleep.” The next one is “I don’t have enough time.” Whether true or not, that thought of not enough occurs to us automatically before we even think to question or examine it. We spend most of the hours and the days of our lives hearing, explaining, complaining, or worrying about what we don’t have enough of. …Before we even sit up in bed, before our feet touch the floor, we’re already inadequate, already behind, already losing, already lacking something. And by the time we go to bed at night, our minds are racing with a litany of what we didn’t get, or didn’t get done, that day. We go to sleep burdened by those thoughts and wake up to that reverie of lack. …This internal condition of scarcity, this mind-set of scarcity, lives at the very heart of our jealousies, our greed, our prejudice, and our arguments with life.”
― Brené Brown, Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead

Vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage.
Truth and courage aren’t always comfortable, but they’re never weakness.

• ~

“Vulnerability is the birthplace of love, belonging, joy, courage, empathy, and creativity. It is the source of hope, empathy, accountability, and authenticity. If we want greater clarity in our purpose or deeper and more meaningful spiritual lives, vulnerability is the path.” Brené Brown, Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead

• ~
    “Vulnerability is not weakness. And that myth is profoundly dangerous.”

What is the Disengagement Divide?
The disengagement divide is the gap that is present between our “practiced values” and our
“aspirational values”.
Practiced Values: The things that we ACTUALLY think, do and feel.
Aspirational Values: The things that we WANT TO think, do and feel.
“Minding the Gap reminds us to pay attention to the space between where we’re standing and
where we want to go.” (173)
Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable
Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead.
Written by: Brené Brown

to be continued!(:

entire thread in process…
THREAD UNDER CONSTRUCTION

• ~

articles
assortment

Becoming Aware Of How We Armor To observe this in yourself, think back to the last experience you had where you came away feeling negative towards someone. Replay it in your mind and look for the moment where a thought quickly passed through your mind about being afraid of being a victim in the situation. If you’re feeling resistance toward another person you felt threatened in some way. Then, if you noticed you were upset, that could only mean that you invested the thought of being a victim with belief, which created the experience of fear. to read article in full

• Well-Being Alignment, LLC

In response to Poppy’s post:

This is an excellent topic! When we choose to let our guard down, we are empowering others to let their guard down. When we allow others to see, to hear and experience our vulnerability, not only do we get clear communication, we also empower others to communicate their truth, and thus, deepen connection… We get to be gotten… and that, is priceless… Connection becomes contribution, and the sum effect on others can be unexpected, and unpredictable.

The ability to influence others has unpredictable results because consciousness expands, and positivity, peace, greater capacity to connect to others is a direct result. In essence, personal growth is tendered and influenced by our ability to listen to and connect to the truth of others.

Listening can now be cultivated in to an art form. We begin to listen and we can even hear all that is, and all that is not spoken. But, listening, still, for others and for their lives’ wisdom, and listening to what is happening, and learning the value and the contribution of others.

Finding out about others empowers me to find out more about me…

Thank you Poppy for your impeccable listening… Its so wonderful to get caught being so fully awake and alive with pure consciousness, wonder and possibility… it has the effect of aligning me deeply with who and what is fully alive, fully authentic, fully on court with both my values and my commitments. I know that while Im in this space, I powerfully plan to make a difference in the world, and make it a better and kinder place.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

In response to Peace,Focus&Smiles’s post:

Awesome, awesome video!

Thank you for posting this!

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.

If I can hear it, I can help heal it…

This takes me directly to thinking about the civil war is Syria…

I think about this everyday… What could be done? What should we be doing?? Why is the world doing nothing? How is this OK??

Please tell me that you are also touched by this crisis.

If we are going to tell the truth, please let me start by saying that it is disgusting that nothing is being done to stop the horrible destruction. Not enough is being done. The world needs to unite over Syria, not divide. We need to unite and heal. Not sure what that implies politically. Perhaps we need to take politics out of the way, and reach out medically and with top engineers, and restore civility, promote health, demand that war stop, and demand that the world support restoration. Let the families reunite, and begin the new day of peace and reconciliation. Let peace begin.

In response to your number one question:
It allows me to give up the smallness, the prison of my judgements.

When I give up nasty judgments, I instantly gravitate towards creation and freedom!

Healthy thoughts empower me to expand my capacity for self fulfillment!

I don’t know what is fully available until I release fear and judgement, and spend time in contemplation of man’s greatness, man’s power, man’s influence…

The second question: What barriers stop me…:

Fear of rejection, fear of not being understood, fear of not being “good enough”, smart enough, or, fear of being beyond my peak years…

What compels me?
Agreement with like minded people. There is phenomenal power that comes from agreement. Miracles can come out of the power of agreement.

Other things that compel me: experiencing liberation, experiencing grace and experiencing God’s Glory All over the place! Experiencing God’s goodness, on a daily bases is deeply satisfying, beyond any thing in this world. It’s not comparable to anything of this world.

And, this is what we truly are, we all have that spark of Divinity. When we encounter one another, we are Encountering God’s creation!

To the entire Bmindful community, I have pure gratitude for this amazing community!!

When I look back at my life, in just the few years that I have been a member, I am amazed…!

I was in a personal quest, when I found and stumbled into Bmindful!

I’m truly amazed and thrilled, as I look at my journey!

Thank you ALL!

The number 4 question is probably the most powerful question… and it gives me direct action to self transformation.

For me, who I am being, that allows unworkability and loss of freedom???

Let me share: I am totally busy being self righteous and making one of my siblings TOTALLY WRONG. I am being committed to being more angry. I’m being un-coachable, stubborn and unforgiving.

And, its costing my JOY, my happiness, my freedom, its even costing the relationship. Its even poison to my spirit. Horrible price to pay for being right/making another wrong.

It also makes me the biggest hypocrite. It erodes the vibrational quality of my commitments, at large. Its like stealing, hemorrhaging, leaking very precious vitality.

I still am greater than my worst fault. I still hold my power, and I am not made to be powerless over my flaws.

I can choose to set my burden down, and stop carrying poison in my heart.

Today, I choose to set my burden down. Nothing is worth my joy. And, I am the decider!! I will not be imprisoned by anger, fear or resentment, or debt, or ANYTHING!!

Today, I embrace health, JOY and freedom.

I embrace to FULLNESS OF AWESOME HEALTH!!!

I choose acceptance, enjoyment and enthusiasm.

I choose to awaken more fully a heart that cleaves to forgiveness and harmlessness.

I accept the growth that is made available through the act of forgiveness.

I accept that path of harmlessness.

I am not a victim.

I hold the essential awakening of my heart in all that I speak and that I do.

I release All others to their Highest good!

I allow the miracle of consciousness, and All of its’ seeds to be planted well within the bounty of my heart.

I tap into pure potential by practicing harmlessness. For every chance, for every insult, for every encounter with rejection, for every insult, for every seed of contempt, I return harmlessness, I accept the tenderness and cultivation of LOVE to flow through me.

I know what LOVE is!

In response to Kathi’s post:

first let me say I thank you for your contributions… thank you for truly brainstorming with this weeks questions.

For those of you who don’t really fathom how these meetings work… I’d like to be more clear. As mentioned in the intro…the topics are created/inspired just days before the meeting. It is a true meeting of the minds/hearts. You may say how is that possible? It’s like this->…we listen, we share, we try things out…we ask questions… we delete… we replace lol… we act on our own…we act together…bounce things off of one another. And by Wednesday and sometimes before we’ve created a new Happiness meeting. I could go on and on…with how the attributes of what this working together is… Its a shining experience with working with those who participate…As well as those who somehow participate offering input, or simply showing what wakes them up on the threads of the past and current ones….Or are reading…though not …yet… sharing here. Everything we hear from others as well as what our hearts/minds desire seems to be a catalyst for sharing a topic. Some things never get posted…or you’d not have a thread…you’d have an entire library …(:

Also as mentioned before these meetings were inspired by some happenings and lack of happenings on the site…to give Bmindful a bit of the energy it was founded with. …when we shared how we found something to appreciate with everyone’s heartfelt expression of finding their voice, with openness, and honesty…whether it was 1 line or as some refer to it a long rant… that comes from all one feels, thinks, believes in the moment…of their experience…finding the words to share with us.

And where any of us found agreement, we’d share or elaborate from our own experience. Lot of posts, members, threads are no longer around (as much) or at all (yet) (: …. though…the energy is here…and loving how these threads encourage that, and bring us back to being more open, and taking chances with our vulnerability …to be who we are and connect from a place we hold dear inside.

LOVE is a force!

Fear is a farce!

This, is almost musical!!

Speaking of musical, where is Jeff today??

Yes.. Jeff aka MadCookieMan, SmartRoutinesWithEnthusiasm…would love to have you join in… for your music… for your total experience-responses. And as I could almost hear Jeff saying, why not express what I am thinking/feeling? (:
Well that leads me to my own place…and Why Not? And that is what all of the questions are eluding to… will return …I am going to take some time to focus on the questions that have been formed so far.
Jeff’s post that really worked with this thread

2. What barriers stop you from being vulnerable? And in contrast what blocks/compels you from being more open & vulnerable?
3. What would become available if you allowed more vulnerability in important relationships/settings in your life?

I love this Kathi! I love all you said… I especially like this statement It erodes the vibrational quality of my commitments, at large. Its like stealing, hemorrhaging, leaking very precious vitality.

In response to Kathi’s post: Forgiveness sets you free and lightens your heart, good for you for making these huge steps towards peace in your heart! Thank you for sharing! Your posts are always inspiring.

In response to Teri’s post:
Hi Teri, I have to agree with you… Kathi communicates incredible depth and dimension with regard to vital experiences in her life. Thank you Terri, for sharing that… I know my life has been touched in a wonderful way by how she moves forward in her life….and appreciates every place in her experience.

You really are a Healing Artist! Thank you

About Syria…
When I think about the history of man on earth, someone is always trying to suppress, or kill someone else in a supposed righteous cause. It’s called expanding the empire, exploring new worlds, the spread of religion, war, etc.

As a Vietnam Era veteran I was lucky in that I served in a support role rather than on the battlefield. Still I had my fill of atrocities of war. At a very young age, I was put into a position of being killed or to kill. It has affected me greatly. I cannot accept that scenario as a viable option for me or the world. I will continue to look for and support world peace. I believe it is healthy and important to respect everyones heritage and culture, including religious beliefs. I believe world peace is the only option for our world.

If humans were naturally killers of other humans we would not have to dehumanize them to kill each other. Choose your own derogatory adjective to describe your enemy…

“ There’s nothing more daring than showing up, putting ourselves out there and letting ourselves be seen.” —- Dr. Brené Brown

“The number 4 question is probably the most powerful question… and it gives me direct action to self transformation.

For me, who I am being, that allows unworkability and loss of freedom???

Let me share: I am totally busy being self righteous and making one of my siblings TOTALLY WRONG. I am being committed to being more angry. I’m being un-coachable, stubborn and unforgiving.

And, its costing my JOY, my happiness, my freedom, its even costing the relationship. Its even poison to my spirit. Horrible price to pay for being right/making another wrong.

It also makes me the biggest hypocrite. It erodes the vibrational quality of my commitments, at large. Its like stealing, hemorrhaging, leaking very precious vitality….”

Kathi,
You are courageous, inspirational, and putting yourself out there for us all to see. You are authentic! You are powerful, you are kind.

“ Becoming Aware Of How We Armor To observe this in yourself, think back to the last experience you had where you came away feeling negative towards someone. Replay it in your mind and look for the moment where a thought quickly passed through your mind about being afraid of being a victim in the situation. If you’re feeling resistance toward another person you felt threatened in some way. Then, if you noticed you were upset, that could only mean that you invested the thought of being a victim with belief, which created the experience of fear.”

The other day at work, my manager said something to me that made me bristle. I had written her a note about a customer who wanted to purchase a smaller version of one of our bird feeders. I knew we were expecting a shipment in this week and wanted her to hold one of them and call the customer when they came in. She came out of her office and told me to call the customer and tell them we no longer carried the small feeder and said we hadn’t carried it for over a year and asked me if I saw one? Of course I hadn’t seen one or I would have sold it. I took the note and told her I would take care of it. I felt angry with her. Later that day she told me we would be getting the medium sized feeder in this week. Immediately, I realized I had not communicated well in my note to her. I had asked about the small feeder not the smaller size feeder I knew we were out of. I felt a great relief, my armor had dropped.

I need to read more posts on this thread,for now though i have only read
the intro/topic etc.that poppy wrote,and kathi’s post.
vulnerability,according to my understanding not only means the ability to be
vulnerable,it also implies a decision as to when you feel it’s safe to
express a specific vulnerable issue that is currently unresolved and
ambiguous and so on.Like recently for example:
recently i have had feelings that like what kathi shared,that I’ve had to
put into some perspective,to maintain some equanimity or peace of mind.
occasionally over the years like most people a resentment of some sort
would distract and baffle me.Also,I have had real resentments and a few not
so real.That said,I know from previous posts or emails that kathi’s
resentment is in fact real.All i can say is that siblings usually have very
different life paths.
I can relate to a quote that say’s “happiness is having a very close knit
family,that lives three thousand miles away from you”

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

I am enjoying the direction of this thread. much appreciation (:

In response to Lake Placid’s post:
Hello Lake Placid Poppy and Kathi! (and Teri…and anyone else stopping by)(: . Something I have found that is interesting … how sometimes it is not about resiliency as much as perception of motive, and remembering we are so much more than our behaviors.

I have different scenarios that come to mind … work, social, and family.

A. In a work situation , I wrote about it somewhere on the site… with a managerial-type … a particular person feels it is OK to express whatever comes to mind even if it is hurtful. This I found out is not (generally) personal, yet once you get to know this person… its something to keep in mind…not to feel any shock value…or much value at all.

B. In a past family situation , I knew of someone…who simply enjoyed raging every once in awhile… and one moment you could’ve felt very close and the next you become part of a world-problem that needed awareness.

C. In a social situation , with more of acquaintance that I thought I was closer to than I was… I had felt comfortable to share something that I needed clarification about… and they became irate because any thing they could do could NOT be bothersome when their motives were nothing other than wonderful. And with the advent of email…my words sometimes written … and some by phone…. could not be restated…because it was important to them…once they interpreted… it only could be that 1 way.

In all 3 situations, I can remember feeling hurt. Lots of individuals get angry first…though to be a bit vulnerable here (: … my first response is hurt. I go inward, thinking feeling… what was my part in all of this? That stance has some good things to it…though it also needs a cut-off point…because I am human…and my allowances for others can go a bit far…because I tend to treat others as I’d like to be treated… (giving a lot of room for various possibilities/the uncertainty) …

….and the other thing I’ve learned is if I’m feeling truly comfortable with myself in that moment… I tend to treat others as I do …with the people who truly love me and know how to love, and are quick to listen, ask clarifying questions, understand uncertainty and forgive easily.

With that last part in mind…and all the scenarios I’ve mentioned this is what my recurring life lessons are that come to mind:

1. the culprit of….Expectations [believing we are all on the same page…and ‘should’ be]
2. the desire for Being Forgiving [remembering we/others are so much more than their behaviors- we all have the ‘infamous baggage’ some less…some more]
3. Motives – [understanding someones motives …takes desire and more communication than many are willing or even able to do]
4. Uncertainty [things are always changing… each moment each person…whether we/they want to experience the newness of the moment…] it is new…It doesn’t mean to forget everything we believe we experienced…For me, it means experience is simply a memory of how we believe we perceived an event…and there is room for other possibilities

And lastly if I am to love more than be in a reactive state, it goes back to what self-care means to me. I recognize myself and others are not perfect

1. (and our ideas of perfect 1 moment to the next …changes with our perception of what we feel is occurring and how we feel we need to experience things)
2. and if we are feeling tender…because of anything else we may be carrying around from the day…or some earlier time… (or not taking good care- eating well, exercising mind, body etc …. feeling connected enough to others… or believing we aren’t enough in some area…. its easier to allow the challenges with others to …be challenges.

and lastly I thank every person who has given me these bitter sweet lessons… because it only taught me more about love… Even though… the lessons felt pretty lousy …while I was in the boot-camp of the experience(:

In response to Kathi’s post: after my long rant… something I haven’t allowed myself to do on the site…in ages..though with the intention of being the change I’m trying to see…I’m stepping out in vulnerability(:

And on another thread I commented on the value of your affirming statements…which I love and have adopted for my yesterdays that may be lingering, my today that I may not be fully cognizant of and my future that I’m clearing the path for:
Today, I choose to set my burden down. Nothing is worth my joy. And, I am the decider!! I will not be imprisoned by anger, fear or resentment, or debt, or ANYTHING!!

Today, I embrace health, JOY and freedom.

I embrace to FULLNESS OF AWESOME HEALTH!!!

I choose acceptance, enjoyment and enthusiasm.

I choose to awaken more fully a heart that cleaves to forgiveness and harmlessness.

I accept the growth that is made available through the act of forgiveness.

I accept that path of harmlessness.

I am not a victim.

I hold the essential awakening of my heart in all that I speak and that I do.

I release All others to their Highest good!

I allow the miracle of consciousness, and All of its’ seeds to be planted well within the bounty of my heart.

I tap into pure potential by practicing harmlessness. For every chance, for every insult, for every encounter with rejection, for every insult, for every seed of contempt, I return harmlessness, I accept the tenderness and cultivation of LOVE to flow through me.

I know what LOVE is!

I truly appreciate these beliefs/statements!!

Kathi, I agree with Poppy, you are courageous and kind!! How appreciative I am too…that… you are consistently open. You encourage that in others. When I’m off from work… I want to share more openly (responding to the question) …what compels and has blocked me from doing the same. Though I will say this type of sharing is huge for my comfort-level(: Thank you Kathi! Thank you all!

I am believing (in us all) we all have this courage and kindness… though as Kathi has mentioned before…sometimes it ‘simply’ helps to be around like minded people (exploring their values). I am sure this isn’t everyone’s cup of tea…though it wasn’t something I could do online this much ( & for a long time).

We are all exploring our own safety net. We are not alone… As far as Something Greater than Ourselves! And we are in a like-minded environment that is loving and kind. I value the ability to do this sharing here… and I value all who share in this community who remind us … it is all OK (:

“We are not alone…”

That is so true. We carry a piece of everyone we’ve known, met, seen , or read. We are a conglomerate of our existence. When we open ourselves up, and tell our story, it is not just OK, but it is all good.

Once you trust
You can share
You can care
On a forum
Or anywhere

Speak your mind
But be kind
Allow for differences
Or it’ll bite your behind

Tell your story
For all to hear
Be true to yourself
You’ll draw others near

Communicate your joy or fear
Tell whole – hearted
To be clear

In our hearts
Resides abundant love
Let it rise up
And change the world

If for the better
We change only ourselves
The world will profit
One person at a time

And in some distant future
Goodness, caring, and kindness
Will tip the universes scale
God’s love will prevail!

as usual you sized it up very beautifully ….with your poem… felt like saying … & that’s a wrap(: This has been a wonderful experience on this thread & I may share again around the ol’ schedule. Though most importantly, I am pleased to say … this has truly created another wonderful place in my heart to go from…

It may be a wrap, but I’m not through rapping.

Question: 1. All of us enjoy being inspired, heard, understood for ourselves and one another. What does the allowing of vulnerability lend to being more compassionate of oneself & others? What does that experience bring forth for you?

To become more compassionate with ourselves and others, we must risk being rejected, put down, ridiculed, and criticized. The other side of that same coin is respected, admired, befriended, and loved. Vulnerability is a package deal.

Being inspired, heard, and understood requires us to authentically tell our story. To do that, I believe we must be willing to go deep inside ourselves. We must face our short comings, our fears and come to the conclusion we are worthy to tell our story. When we open ourselves up to ourselves we grow. We allow ourselves to be imperfect beings while striving to be … Good enough. When we recognize and accept our flaws, we naturally become more compassionate with others.

The experience is liberating. It is freeing. I know I have given my best to impart my small experience and knowledge to others so that they can explore who they want to be and how they want to live.

I keep feeling I am ‘done for now’ …though the inspiration on this thread is running high for me.
I know I have given my best to impart my small experience and knowledge to others so that they can explore who they want to be and how they want to live. I must say, Poppy you are another on this site…who has been beautifully instrumental as the site has been ‘coming back around’ with inspiration-growth city (:

My goodness… your personal stories, your asking pertinent and clarifying questions, validating everyone’s right to open up…and be present. As Kathi’s comment about you …was your listening….that’s a powerful trait.
And yes exploring who they want to be, how they want to live…

that is what excites me about this community… it is this element which paves the way to be ourselves and to politely interrupt ourselves & ask the question…in the midst of routines…and being…. Who am I? And as we trust ourselves more…we get wonderful responses. As we trust ourselves more …we tend to be more trusting in all environments. And when trust is strained… we remember we are never alone. Thank you friends! Thank you to those who are teaching when they don’t think they are. Thank you God and the loving universe we have been privileged/blessed to co-create/allow our experiences.

I don’t know what I can add to this wonderful discussion, but, someone mentioned music. Well, this was the first song that came to my mind to share.

The Rose

Some say love, it is a river that drowns the tender reed
Some say love, it is a razor that leaves your soul to bleed
Some say love, it is a hunger an endless aching need
I say love, it is a flower and you, it’s only seed
It’s the heart, afraid of breaking that never learns to dance
It’s the dream, afraid of waking that never takes the chance
It’s the one who won’t be taken who cannot seem to give
And the soul, afraid of dying that never learns to live
When the night has been too lonely and the road has been too long
And you think that love is only for the lucky and the strong
Just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snow
Lies the seed that with the sun’s love, in the spring becomes the rose

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I’m searching my brain trying to think of some songs.

True Colors

You with the sad eyes
Don’t be discouraged
Oh I realize
Its hard to take courage
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all
And the darkness inside you
Can make you feel so small
But I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that’s why I love you
So don’t be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful
Like a rainbow
Show me a smile then
Don’t be unhappy, can’t remember
When I last saw you laughing
If this world makes you crazy
And you’ve taken all you can bear
You call me up
Because you know I’ll be there
And I’ll see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that’s why I love you
So don’t be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful
Like a rainbow

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Collide

The dawn is breaking
A light shining through
You’re barely waking
And I’m tangled up in you
Yeah
I’m open, you’re closed
Where I follow, you’ll go
I worry I won’t see your face
Light up again
Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I somehow find
You and I collide
I’m quiet you know
You make a first impression
I’ve found I’m scared to know I’m always on your mind
Even the stars refuse to shine
Out of the back you fall in time
I somehow find
You and I collide
Don’t stop here
I’ve lost my place
I’m close behind
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills your mind
You finally find
You and I collide
You finally find
You and I collide

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Chasing Cars

We’ll do it all
Everything
On our own

We don’t need
Anything
Or anyone

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

I don’t quite know
How to say
How I feel

Those three words
Are said too much
They’re not enough

If I lay here
If I just lay here

Forget what we’re told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that’s bursting into life

Let’s waste time
Chasing cars
Around our heads

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own

If I lay here
If I just lay here

Forget what we’re told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that’s bursting into life

All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes, they’re all I can see

I don’t know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things will never change for us at all

If I lay here
If I just lay here

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Something’s Always Wrong

Another day I call and never speak
And you would say nothing’s changed at all
And I can’t feel much hope for anything
If I won’t be there to catch you if you fall

Again
It seems we meet
In the spaces
In between
We always say
It won’t be long
But something’s always wrong

Another game of putting things aside
As if we’ll come back to them some time
A brace of hope a pride of innocence
And you would say something has gone wrong

Again
It seems we meet
In the spaces
In between
We always say
It won’t be long
But something’s always wrong

[1]
“Again we fail to meet and mend
The spaces safe between intents
We say too much and long been gone,
Oh but something’s always wrong.”

[2]
“Again we fail to make amends
And wend our way between intents
And looking back, not moving on
Oh but something’s always wrong.”

[3]
“Again we fail to meet and mend
The spaces safe between intents
We say too much, too long been gone
Oh but something’s always wrong.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:
I Love this thread, and I am inspired by all of our sharing!

Thank you All! You are All awesome!!!

agreed wholeheartedly!
I love all of the energy & I enjoy all that is, and the wonderful things we are always becoming. I had a powerful time, and responses to the questions are similar to intentions…responses are being released in positive-living ways… in all I’m doing/being.
thank you Poppy, Kathi, Lake Placid, SRWE/Jeff, and Teri! I am not going to link to all that inspired me…or my post will be filled with each contribution… Love you guys! Each of you here & and the community as a whole have been priceless! I am looking forward to the next meeting, though looking forward to returning to this one(:
I feel its great that I can appreciate myself and others more by allowing powerful vulnerability… I don’t even have new words for things I felt…because the experiences felt that new…that I’m not yet sure how to describe. Though looking forward to trying soon(:
Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at the moment. Eckhart Tolle

Well I said I’d return to respond to questions…I just didn’t think so soon(:

3.And in contrast what blocks/compels you from being more open & vulnerable?
I am going to focus on what compels me to being more open. Though my focus here will be what compels me to be more open and vulnerable online… which I believe … creates even more openness and vulnerability in all settings.

Well I just answered this question straight from the heart & lost my entire post. Fortunately, I didn’t lose the experience. I just need to bring the feelings back to my awareness(: (lesson for the day-do not compose directly on thread) (:
Anyway, I had mentioned since last posting , I didn’t think I’d be back so soon to post. I also mentioned in the post that disappeared … I was ‘only’ looking for affirmations 10 years ago when I found Bmindful.

I had learned early on in my teachings the power of the words/ideas/feelings I utilized with/for myself … which assists incredibly creating experiences/perceptions . I had learned early on the power of ones heart with ourselves and one another.
I thought to myself, back in 2005, what an awesome place this site was…(being relatively new to being/spending time online at all) to have a place to store my affirmations….and then the next wonderful thing for me was having access to affirmations of others to borrow ideas for my affirming possibilities… I will share at some other time why I desired an affirmation site at that particular time of my life… though bottom line, I got exactly what I came for… no more no less… that’s all I expected…

And then there was Lee(: Lee Nutter;creator and original owner of Bmindful welcomed each of us as though we were all stepping into a small party of wonderful experiences.
The next wonderful thing, Lee decided Bmindful Positive Affirmation Community focus ought to focus on a Forum- for sharing . So the Affirmation Community shifted its platform here in 2007 with a focus of course on affirmations…though now on The Forum. He was a unique energy – he saw the awesomeness in everyone , and he let us know it. So if you can imagine a handful of people so incredibly happy to be here for whatever they needed and however they were, well pure & simple… felt safe and happy… (to be continued)

I love how you stated in regard to being vulnerable: vulnerable,it also implies a decision as to when you feel it’s safe to express a specific vulnerable issue that is currently unresolved and ambiguous and so on.

very insightful. While its true we cannot blame others for how we feel, we also cannot be overly blaming to ourselves. And for me safety implies some possible thoughts of how others might be feeling though also recognizing I may need to give myself more love before I’m ready to be more loving to anything…

As we all tend to relate to/believe in…it is all about love and the result is more enjoyment. Life really is short. Yeah yeah yeah I know time is an illusion(: Though really life as we know it…this is it… Personally I do not want to fight for love…I desire to be more of it. Though while all of that must come from me…as I connect with something much Greater…. and connect with my own ways and others are doing the same…. Life really is supposed to be incredible. By being vulnerable I personally stop wasting time(: I am feeling incredibly grateful and appreciative.

I realized I missed your point, Poppy (even though you wrote quite clearly). Your point was your reaction to the manager was misconstrued.
Sorry I missed that, it is so important!!!

How often do we all do that? How often do I do that? Well not to beat myself up, its just so relevant in regard to this discussion. If I had 1 hope for others desiring good with & for others….it would be to leave a space (along with things we believe we know).

It is true that there will be times we don’t get to find out it was us that didn’t understand… in things that we experience. Though the reinforcing lesson I received from your sharing, was the very fact that there are always ways in communication that we miss the drift of what someone’s experience is. All we can do is ask? No, I found out there is more than asking …we can just leave a place in our hearts for uncertainty/ambiguity. And that uncertainty leaves room for love, further communication, and simply said….possibilities.

Poppy you said: Being inspired, heard, and understood requires us to authentically tell our story. To do that, I believe we must be willing to go deep inside ourselves. We must face our short comings, our fears and come to the conclusion we are worthy to tell our story. When we open ourselves up to ourselves we grow. We allow ourselves to be imperfect beings while striving to be … Good enough. When we recognize and accept our flaws, we naturally become more compassionate with others.

I really like this Poppy. I read it earlier and it truly resonated with me (: thank you!

Part of something I’d like to say….is deciding how relevant my feelings are…
Feelings contribute enormously to everything… though I love that my life can be awesome with whatever I am feeling/doing…because integrating myself in all of my life allows a symphony of areas…
Thank you Creator for making me complete so I can enjoy the completeness of all others….that YOU’VE arranged so perfectly as it should be.

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

badge by Brene Brown

BRENE BROWN’S 10 GUIDEPOSTS FOR WHOLEHEARTED LIVING

1. Cultivating Authenticity /Letting Go of What People Think
2. Cultivating Self-Compassion / Letting Go of Perfectionism
3. Cultivating a Resilient Spirit / Letting Go of Numbing and Powerlessness
4. Cultivating Gratitude and Joy / Letting Go of Scarcity and Fear of the Dark
5. Cultivating Intuition and Trusting Faith / Letting Go of the Need for Certainty
6. Cultivating Creativity / Letting Go of Comparison
7. Cultivating Play and Rest / Letting Go of Exhaustion as a Status Symbol and Productivity as Self-Worth
8. Cultivating Calm and Stillness / Letting Go of Anxiety as a Lifestyle
9. Cultivating Meaningful Work / Letting Go of Self-Doubt and “Supposed To”
10. Cultivating Laughter, Song, and Dance / Letting Go of Being Cool and “Always in Control”

From Daring Greatly by Brene Brown. Copyright © 2012 by Brene Brown.