login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Dance page 1 of 2

112263310105683309565fd4544acda4.jpgtenor.gif

had to add this toddler dancing...Kinda brings back those days of doing everything for the sheer joy of it(:

~

Do you dance? When did you dance the most? Find any great clips re:dance?

This is anything and everything re:dance thread(:

Watch this. inspiration on dance- video 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

related threads coming soon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was posting here, and I started thinking about watching dance movies, and how I feel when I'm watching... Or  when myself or others are just dancing !

800e166d3bfa48a850fed67f1b869d0d.jpg

Thanks for dropping by Anoushka, Godscreation(Mary), Aftab, PureEssence ,MadCookieman(Jeff) and all other wonderful bmindfullers!

I'm updating a bit since we now have new features... (:

Affirmation Quick Searchaffirmation tags
♫Frampton I love enjoying this surrender. It is always beyond my wildest imagination of completion

I enjoyed Breakin’, the movie
————-

dd4dea2ab4327efe439f2104ae687bd2--ballroom-dance-quotes-mia-michaels.jpg

Patrick Swayze and his wife Lisa Neimi at 1994 awards
——————
Can’t leave out Dirty Dancing

♫Frampton I love enjoying this surrender. It is always beyond my wildest imagination of completion

Contact Improvisation

This is a wonderful movement technique that involves complete mindfullness of the spine. It is improvised movement – accidental choreography and concentrates on energy flow. Developed by Steve Paxton – Genius!

Oh, and the point is to stay in contact, so as not to break those energies.

A full and thankful heart..

Theory behind Steve Paxton’s Contact Improv

I’m glad you gave me the opportunity to post these! Man, how great would it be to learn how to dance! I’m built like a fireplug, definitely not too graceful!

Dance Quotes 1
Dance Quotes 2

An acting class, a dance class, and a public speaking class would go a long way toward my sinister plan to become king of the world!

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to laurie- worksout-daily&w/everything she’s got~ ~‘s post:
So strange I posted all of the Patrick Swayze stuff on this thread yesterday. I just heard he died today. I really enjoyed him. Please take some time to view my clips above. I have some w/him and his wife dancing beautifully.

Yes, how bizarre Laurie. Just what I thought when I turned on the t.v this morning. He must have breathed a last passionate breath for Dance and his wife…and perhaps your sixth sense picked up on it. Amazing.

God rest his soul. A legend of popular modern dance.

I was just thinking the same thing reading this thread, that he passed away today and you were talking about him yesterday. Enjoyed his movies alot, also the Ghost.

…what a wonderful world….

Anyone heard of Shamanic Trance Dance???
Wanted to start a new thread, but didnt know if anyone would join in my enthusiam so I put it here!!
Please go to link:

Shamanic Trance Dance

It a way of connnecting spirit and body, an exploration of deeper levels of self, a shedding of skins and a oneness with your subconscious. Almost like revisiting areas of your past and cleansing them…..also for manifesting postive changes in your life..

Check out the founder’s story….inspiring.

Have you seen this:

Zehniyat

…what a wonderful world….

This one is one of my all time favorites! It gave me goose bumps all over the first time I saw it.

Flash dance

Oh yes I dance :) anything that is pleasing and got a good beat I dance xxx I am one that stays on the dance floor all night, kids and I make a night of dancing to our listening music, its like a drug dancing for me lol, I SO LOVE DANCING!!! I am a ‘sucker’ for a bands, love going to watch live bands and take to the dance floor straight away, I dont even need a ‘drink’ to get up, dancing is my thing for sure…

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mauritian Sega Dance

Just wanted to share my heritage with you.
This clip was taken on the resort I planned to have my wedding last year – but unfortunately plans changed.
We Mauritian’s love to dance!!! (although I was born in the UK – its in my blood)
Enjoy the clip!

In response to anoushka’s post:

anoushka I loved it it is so beautiful dancing by the beach. This is the dance I use to perform when I became a professional dancer. We Mexicans love to dance too it’s in our blood. It’s great to see all the cultures and the beauty they have.

Zapateado-Means footwork!

My friend and I are going to a Lindy Hop dance this weekend. You know I will have to start out reaaaaaaaaaaaal slow. It looks like a lot of fun. My friend use to be a professional dancer as well. But that was yearrrrs ago!

Hugs,
Mary

Lindy Hop

In response to godscreation’s post:
Mary, the Zapateado is so wonderfully linked to the Mauritian Sega – perhaps it orginates from slavery as well? Hence the colonial style costume.
The footwork is reminicent of flamenco – obviously the spanish influence. I love it!
We have lots of interests in common – who knew?

Thanks for sharing this inspiring Dance piece.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am happy I am joyful I am carefree

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content