login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★What Would You Say

If you could talk to only 3 or fewer people from the past, present, or future, what would you say?

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

I hope its OK to return (and share again) with other sets of people past or present(:

It’s a wonderful question!!! And there are so many individuals past and present I would love to speak with… though I’d like to start with 2 that feel like that are always in my present… though have passed.

They are my parents… (big sigh…as to where do I start with what to say & which parent)

I’ll start with my Dad… I would ask…How did you do it? He’d humbly respond by asking, “Do what?” (:

And I’d say ‘everything’ (:

I’d narrow my questions down… and I know how I’d respond to all he would detail… With a full and grateful heart… I’d say Thank You Thank You Thank You & I Love You & Miss You (-: to be continued…

I Am living a Divine plan

In response to ‘Just’ For Me’s post:

I think it would be wonderful if we shared again and again. The more I think about it, there are some fine fictional characters I would like speak with at length.

I’d like to talk to my parents as well. They had so much knowledge from their life experience that they would have been able to help me understand things I still don’t quite get.

I would very much enjoy talking to President Lincoln. I would ask him how he thought we could bring people together. Not just Democrates and Republicans, or people of different races, or religions, but the world coming together in peace.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

I would say almost the same thing to each of the people who come to my mind – something along these lines.

I am so sorry for being so very selfish and unthinking so often. I am so sorry for being cruel. I wish I had had more patience and been more giving. I love you, please forgive me for not being more trusting. I wish that more often I would have been more open and honest and I wish that I would have told you more times that I loved you. I wish I hadn’t been embarrassed to show love. Showing love is a sign of strength, not of weakness, I am stronger now. I wish I could rewind the clock and be a better person. Just know that I loved you then and I love you now and you deserved better.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:
“ I would have told you more times that I loved you. I wish I hadn’t been embarrassed to show love. Showing love is a sign of strength, not of weakness…”

Well said! I still have a hard time with saying the L___word. As young boys my culture and society shunned boys showing emotion. I think that was a big mistake.

Who among us would not mind turning back the hands of time and telling others more often that we love or loved them.

You are definitely stronger as evidenced by your post.
Always the Best,
Poppy

Who among us would not mind turning back the hands of time and telling others more often that we love or loved them.

• ~

I know I say ‘great thread’ a lot… on many threads… (And I mean it of course, each time!!) though…must say…this is truly a powerful thread. I am in a bit of a rush right now… though first the topic and its possibilities are over the top (not sure when I used that expression last/before) (:

And the honesty/beauty here has created a very positive open refreshing pathway for me. It is what I said I was open for in my regular intentions, not sure why it would be surprising. Maybe I’m just in awe of it all.

When I wrote: the ‘little’ I did I had no idea, my not ‘getting it out’ (enough) was creating a bit of a blockage. I tried to come up with other known figures to have an awesome chat with(-: Though, my heart wouldn’t let me. My heart paved the way of the people that needed my focus. I will admit to another occurrence… I had a very cleansing cry afterwards, and grateful for it!!

After reading SRWE’s post: , I was beside myself (another set of words that rarely come up)(: It is a Wonderful post!!

And Poppy your admission: to sharing how with males in some cultures (and I’m sure with both sexes this is true depending on the conditioning/upbringing/experiences of caretakers) would help to create children who had difficulty with love… is I’m believing quite helpful to express and to share with others reading, coming from a man who is extremely considerate and generous …I’m believing this L word challenge is easier for you today(:

And I’m in agreement with you regarding SRWE, I’m believing SRWE is stronger…and evidence of sharing himself and being Love …has been something many can attest to over the years with all those he comes in contact with. So thank you again Poppy!!! And thank you for your contribution SRWE!!!

Now I love you guys, though off to work I go(:

In response to ‘Just’ For Me’s post:
ThankYou for the wonderful compliments!!

I am better able to say that L___word. It is easy in my poetry, but it is still often stuck in my throat.

I have been thinking about my dad since opening this thread. Of course I didn’t always think his advise was good for me and so in many ways I took the road less traveled. He was cautious about my marriage and further schooling. College was one of the best things I ever did. My marriage failed. But even my marriage had branches that thrive today. So what I would say to my dad if he were here, is how much I am like him. I have his sense of humor. (His gift of gab flows in my posts). I would tell him how smart he was. You see, he didn’t finish H. S. But he was brilliant. He used his mind to figure things out. He could problem solve most anything. I have a touch of that myself. Like SRWE I would tell him I loved him much more often than I did. I would also tell him how much I appreciated our special times together. We were fishing buddies. I have not been fishing since he passed. But mostly, I would tell him I loved him!

The title of this thread is ★What Would You Say. My person I’m choosing today is myself. Kathi shared some amazing things on the Happiness thread entitled Vulnerability…that I want to give myself(:

Her affirming statements on that thread definitely felt like they had a place here and I’ll share why…. . I choose to begin being more open on this site & this seems like a good place to begin..(: Thanks again Poppy for this thread and your posts! And thank you Kathi for further inspiration.

some of Kathi’s affirming statements:

I choose to awaken more fully a heart that cleaves to forgiveness and harmlessness.

I accept the growth that is made available through the act of forgiveness.

I accept that path of harmlessness.

I hold the essential awakening of my heart in all that I speak and that I do.

I release All others to their Highest good!

I allow the miracle of consciousness, and All of its’ seeds to be planted well within the bounty of my heart.

I tap into pure potential by practicing harmlessness. For every chance, for every insult, for every encounter with rejection, for every insult, for every seed of contempt, I return harmlessness, I accept the tenderness and cultivation of LOVE to flow through me.

I know what LOVE is!

This is awesome & transformational. Thank you for sharing this!!

And while I don’t find my life filled with a multitude of reasons to armor myself… Any reason at any time is good enough to employ these intentions(: LOVE… is my armor.-so be it(:

• ~

If I could speak to 3 or more people from the past or present… I’d choose … simply an unspecified group of more(:

As I begin to open my heart to ways of being more loving… by not relying on just whatever has worked so far… or feel blocked by what I didn’t do at the time, I totally forgive myself and forgive those who couldn’t express to me.

And if I could speak this to to those that have created a need in me to have shared differently , more or better …. I would simply thank them for helping me see there is always room for improvement, and only wish that I could’ve said this … in any and all encounters…

To move forward, I choose to learn to be more loving…even if anyone feels like my love has been sufficient . I choose to open my heart even more, by understanding by that intention alone, I’ve begun.

In response to D….e V……e’s post: the what would I say to me- question… is a very helpful focus…. I’d like to hear your thoughts(:

In response to going with flow’s post:
Upon further pondering,can’t put anything together.
However plan B is to come up with a few thread ideas.

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

what would I say to my husband who is in the next room(:

You are an awesome man! I appreciate you more than any of our experiences and any of our individual and dreams together.

I’d be remiss not to share how my love for you enters into all.

Our growth allows me to love others well. Our love has planted that loving others and being loved is good…

And when any experience falls short of being ‘OK’ … I always know what is always possible by myself …and with all human beings…

…because of loving and having been loved by you.

Thank you for being 1 of my absolute greatest contributing factors of gaining more depth to my life in wonderful ways. I believe I’ll tell him this(:

• ~
    I did(: Thanks again Poppy for this thread(:

what would I say to people if my smile could talk

I would say it feels so good to recognize you, and enjoy the love your spirit emits.

I would say it doesn’t matter if we never become friends… Relationships take time, commitment, etc Smiling allows for the best capsule version I have

to be continued….

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content