login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

--★Authenticity (Happiness Meeting)

Happiness Mtg Nov 2016  
Topic This Week:Authenticity With Regard To Yourself & Your Life

Bmindful Happiness Thread Meetings are as close as we can come to an actual chat-room discussion…(:

• Wow this is the 11th month of our Happiness Meetings!
  • first meeting was held July 2015
  • When Bmindful began, it was just a handful of us, and as much as we wanted member-growth for the site…we were very happy for the joy and growth we were receiving just for ourselves … and for one another which created a very special place to visit… That reminds me a bit of the Happiness meetings… There hasn’t been a lot of posts yet …by different contributors…though profound growth and joy have been the outcome…

Hi everybody!!!

• 1st set of questions For Reflection For This Weeks Happiness Meeting were written by Kathi
  •  

The questions I’m asking others to consider came mostly from another member… my hubby.

I shared with him that we were going to have a Happiness Meeting tomorrow on Authenticity, and wanted to know what questions would work for him with a topic like that. He blurted them out with ease…

I will put his part of his question in bold and mine in italics.

1.Are you honest with yourself? Are you honest with others?
    2. Where does this place of honesty come from? Interpret this anyway you like
    3. Are you interested in whole person growth (emotional, physical spiritual etc) and how does that apply to you and your being authentic today?
    4.  What does peace mean to you?
    5. What question would you desire to have answered for yourself right now to move you in the direction that you believe (in your heart of hearts) would create greater inner peace, love and harmony? 

A Question this week from Success N Freedom

other links which may inspire thought

7e07a75346c067549bf5d48ea0c491f6--peaceful-warrior-quotes-inner-peace-quotes.jpg

a6ef18_87193b6715744604a9875300637ab945~mv2.jpg_256

Meeting Opened on Wed May 11 2016, though as you know, it never closes(:

Here is an interesting quote from Matt Kahn

One-of-the-most-commonly.jpg

c23a7a3a98a0de7a41ab3f15d132c86b.jpg

this is written by Brene Brown
Manifesto OF THE BRAVE

There is no greater threat to the critics
and cynics and fear-mongers
Than those of us who are willing to fall
Because we have learned how to rise.

to read more

• ** PDF “Attributes of a Powerful Person.This is not a prescription; it is an evolving
    list of ways in which people empower themselves in the world”:http://www.drlaurabrown.com/media/PowerfulPerson.pdf by Dr. Laura BrownSomatic power (in our bodies),Intrapersonal power ( in our relationships to ourselves) , Interpersonal Power ( in our relationships with others and the world around usand Spiritual/Existential Power ( in our capacity to make meaning in life )

Somatic Power
Intrapersonal Power
Interpersonal Power
Spiritual/Existential Power

I Am living a Divine plan

thoughts/inner most feelings from heart place: Questions On Peace
In response to going with flow’s post:

On Peace

quote When your higher self is present, it always promotes peace. If you have a question about whether it is your ego or your higher self speaking, the answer becomes obvious when you ask yourself, “Will this bring peace or turmoil to my life?” Peace is not found in being right or being hurt or being angry. Wayne Dyer

This quote truly resonates with me, and I’d like to take a moment and comment on it. To me, it is it is referring to coming from a place of harmlessness.

What does that mean? It means (more often than not) what comes to me from a letting go …by a space I have created in my Spirit…in my heart of hearts is my intention with myself and others.

By being an authentic person (who allows more and more authenticity as I learn) in my life … peace has a wonderful chance of being emitted. Thank you God.

Words may not always come out right…every time(: My perception may need more fine tuning…Though…my heart is the essence of my experience and I will share it better better better with each (spiritual) experience… & each time I’m given opportunity.

to be continued…

4.Do you seek peace…peaceful situations* What does peace mean to you?

to be continued…

Questions currently being created (feel free to begin posting regarding topic]: There are 2 sets of questions (1 below this post…please see both) thank you(:

Welcome Bmindful community! We’re looking forward to another positive and amazing happiness meeting! Let us begin!

Breathe.
Let go.
And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one that you know you have for sure.
Quote by Oprah

So, why discuss authenticity??

The world at large exerts terrific pressure on us. It starts early with young people; hurry up, be successful, be beautiful, be so good looking… then, what car to drive, where to live, expensive homes, expensive new computer equipment, better security protection. As we age, we get pressured to not look like we are aging! More pressure to have great sex, then, more and more externally foci, until we are starving for simplicity, peace and our inner voice. We are starving for authenticity and for connection to others who also want to disconnect from this pressure and start living an authentic life.

It is our goal that our happiness meeting are relevant and valuable for all members and guests. Therefore, the questions and topics are meant to give you the space and opportunity to begin to notice whats really happening with you lately… We are all invited to look inside, and ask questions and face fears, overcome, transform and release fear.

As we begin on our journey, we are all invited to be open to being open, and take time to look within. Celebrate who you are, and celebrate the wealth of wonderful people who are most important to you.

Questions about authenticity:

1. What are you most afraid of about your self?

For example: I’ll never make it. I’m not good enough. I’m not good looking enough. I’m not smart enough….

2. What is the one thing that you don’t want others to know about you?

3. Go back to a time in your early life, to your first memory of when your felt shame. What happened that made you feel ashamed of yourself? Describe what decision you made in that exact moment about yourself, and how it is still effecting you today.

4. What are some of the decisions that you made about yourself? And about others?

5. How have the decisions of that 5 to 7 year old child influenced and impacted your entire life? How are they influencing you now?

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it.
Quote by Charles Swindle.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.

A question to keep in mind.

How often does one actually take the time to look at what they have and be happy and grateful for it. There have been times when I have looked at my life and felt like I was in the worst spot I could have been in. Even now I sometimes think I hate my job but then I remind myself to be grateful for it because some do not have one. How I don’t like the neighborhood I stay in but remember that some people are not as lucky to have a roof over their head. Take inventory of what you have. Friends, family, support, a job, money to feed yourself or put gas in your car.

Take a minute or two each day to run through the list of things that you are truly grateful for.

Topic Authenticity With Regard To Yourself & Your Life

In response to Succes_n_Freedom’s post:
wonderful thought provoking focus to add to this weeks meeting. Succes_n_Freedom, Thanks for joining in the creation of this meeting. Adding gratitude was Perfect!

• ~

.Happiness Meeting Video success n freedom

If any members or guests have any questions that you want to add, please do so!

I would like to reply to question #3.

Here goes! When I was about 5 or 6 years old, we were all getting ready to load up everyone into the family station wagon… and we were going out to see the newest Walt Disney movie, Lady and the Tramp… Do you remember that part of the movie, where the two siamese cats sang that song: “…we are siamese, if you please”, “we are siamese if you don’t please”… I fell in love with that song. I was literally THE most excited I had ever been, in my life!!!

Then, it happened! I was all dressed up, had a super cute dress on, my hair was done, I was so excited, I could barely contain myself! Then, I was among the first to be outside, while everyone else was exiting the house. And, there were neighborhood kids that we also joining us, and it was a large group.

I jumped on my bike, and decided to get just one more ride on my bike while anxiously waiting for everyone else, and I went down the hill, hit a bump or a crack in the concrete sidewalk, and went flying off the bike. Scrapped my hands, knees and hit my head. Suddenly, I was hurting, and crying, and for the first time in my life, I was embarrassed. On top of that, I was upset that I was upset when I was supposed to be celebrating getting to see the movie.

The decision I made about myself was that I am not good enough. In short order, I made up a life sentence to cover up how I felt about my self: I’m independent. I’m strong. I can do everything myself. I don’t need anybody, I can handle everything on my own.

How this has impacted me:
I don’t get others. And they don’t get me. And, being close to others in not safe; more importantly, I can’t let others really know me for who I am.

So, my sharing this gives me access to reclaiming my innocence, and it also enables me to release the decision that a 5 or 6 year old child made.

In response to Kathi’s post:
Here is what I think:

People are onions. Layer upon layer, one comes off and then there is another. We all possess a uniqueness in that respect. What is left if or when or can we pull off all the layers? I believe life is complicated. At our very core, is pure love. And it feels infinitesimally good. So very early on we begin to protect it. We build more and more elaborate defensive barriers to protect the love in our hearts. Our onion grows bigger and bigger. Our skin becomes thicker and thicker. Frequently or infrequently someone comes into our awareness or existence and we pull off a few layers or grow a few more. When we open up and pull back our layers, peeling our onion, our eyes water and we cry. It is never easy to be totally truthful with yourself or with others. We put up a false front, we use an alias, we just cannot risk being completely authentic. The more layers we can pull off to reveal our true naturalness (pure love), the more authentic we become.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

and remember also…everyone: this weeks’ meeting will be up for 1 week before being archived in the Cafe (where you can still access it & all of the previous Happiness mtgs too)
week long thread or possibly longer due to all of the sub-topics included
In response to Poppy’s post:
like what you said Poppy!

The more layers we can pull off to reveal our true naturalness (pure love), the more authentic we become.

I believe this can occur more and more (in various ways)…though especially…as we become in touch w/certain kinds of experiences… for example:
1.) of course the fragility of life…
2.) having anyone you can be/or have had opportunities to be yourself as you have come to know you…
…allows you the space to grow through things rather than just go through things… to be even more than you perceive yourself to be (from heart centered place)
3) and faith … (as you had mentioned) …that has grown through life’s complicated times

I also love how you said:
At our very core, is pure love. And it feels infinitesimally good.

Oh yes it does. I believe the more we experience that…the more we desire to Be that love… to ourselves… to others… as I know you know… kind sir(:

A few thoughts,
Wherever an individual is “at“on there journey is valid,and the best place
and only place for more growth,authenticity and so on,is where your at now.
Wealth or status doesn’t define you,that’s the competition illusion.
What defines you more than anything else is(you)

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

In response to Lake Placid’s post:
awesome!

Wealth or status doesn’t define you,that’s the competition illusion -
love that!

where a person is truly at is the only place..they can move from…

Authenticity… is a beautiful thing!

So, my sharing this gives me access to reclaiming my innocence, and it also enables me to release the decision that a 5 or 6 year old child made.

very powerful for you … and all who take this in(:

In response to Succes_n_Freedom’s post:

Dear Succes_n_ Freedom,

I want to thank you for joining in the meeting today! Its WONDERFUL to have you here!!

I also want to acknowledge your comment about gratitude. Gratitude is the main ingredient in creating space necessary for the full experience of flow and abundance! In gratitude, there is only room for peace and truth. We can always add to that the quality of perfect love, which adds to the momentum of authenticity, and perfect union with All.

When we are in a state of gratitude, all things become possible.

Thank you Lake Placid for your comment! I am grateful that you are joining the meeting!

I agree with your comment about wealth being an illusion… and it is our inner wealth is our greatest gift that we give to one another. And, no gift is too small, if it is given with a pure heart.

I’ve known lake placid for many years,I would say he is quite modest,so he
may ask me to delete this post.
Anyway I like that post LP,and I don’t need to ask,I know that came straight
from you,not a quote from elsewhere.
Just when I thought your brain was toast lol(:

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

In response to D….e V……e’s post:
if you run into Lake Placid, please tell him we appreciate his wonderful thoughts… and love hearing what works for him…and surely inspires others too… since you know him so well… don’t forget to tell him, OK?(:

Thanks for your encouragement,I spoke with our friend “D V”
On occasion instead of going on a retreat to a secluded meditation place close to
nature for a couple weeks a year,I improvise and simply retreat inside
my thoughts.Some days it renews my spirit.
As long as I don’t go crazy,lol
On the other hand,when you’ve been to hell,crazy is a peace of cake(:

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content