login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★ Trust & Staying The Course(:

DMY-kdlVwAAXhjc.jpg

I choose to dwell in peace, appreciation and freedom! 
I lovingly allow love, joy and good health to flow through my mind and body!

I give myself permission to shine!

Time is my friend. I work with it, enjoy it, respect it, and make the best of it.
I am firmly committed to staying active and healthy

My heart beats to the rhythm of love and supports me easily and effortlessly!

1936d23e4ee8df8be72d6970d3ff2bf1--surprise-birthday-buddha-buddha.jpg

some affirmations selected from BeyondAffirmations, and (Miss Inspiration) ->Wambuibahati.com1e87d51aae466464373dc62157ec536b--law-affirmations.jpg

93d0ace152a41735ec7351a55281103f--healing-quotes-the-divine.jpg

• ~

Other threads around the site you may like

AFFIRMATIONS FOR THE PESSIMIST 

FLOWING WITH TODAY'S AFFIRMATIONS

TRUST YOURSELF AND YOUR LIFE

SO LIGHT

I Am living a Divine plan

• ~

Self-nurturing means, above all, making a commitment to self-compassion, to the creation of a loving and positive attitude toward yourself. Jennifer Louden

a few passages from Jennifer Louden you may like:

Here’s the get started now cheat sheet to being free. By Jennifer Louden

1. Give Yourself a Break

Walk away from any shame or self-blame. Shame will keep you stuck! Self-blame will keep you running on this hamster wheel of stuck. Self-compassion is not giving up or coddling yourself with shadow comforts; it’s soothing your nervous system and speaking to yourself with compassion, “This is hard. This is hard for lots of people. And I believe I can learn and do what I need to do to persevere. Not perfectly, but good enough.”

2. Value Not Knowing… Sometimes

Remember:

Our minds are wired to fear the unknown. The unknown got our ancestors eaten. We aren’t comfortable not-knowing so we have to learn to tolerate the daily uneasiness of uncertainty.

Our minds and bodies look for the easy path. The easy path takes less resources which also kept our ancestors alive. (Thinking requires calories.) Easy beckons, easy seduces, and the coaching/New Age culture also preaches that “easy” or “ease” is a sign it’s “meant to be.” Which is a very, very misleading idea that causes a lot of people to quit when they hit their first patch of struggle, failure, or not knowing.

Our education, for the most part, taught us we were successful when we found the right answer, the ONE right answer. Valuing ambiguity or holding opposites? Not so much. But that’s where creativity lives! Creativity comes out of holding conflicting ideas and bearing the discomfort of that until something new is born.

Finally, our culture is obsessed with quick miracles results and fixes, and that affects all of us. In 12 weeks you can go from want-to-be-singer to global star! Follow my program and make millions in mere weeks! Drink my bulletproof coffee and be a million IQ points smarter while losing weight. The world is beaming gilded promises at you every day, burying in the fine print, “This will take time, a lot of time, and diligent work.”

3. Slow Down

Embrace a fierce devotion over time to living a reality-based human-scaled life. This means facing and embracing what you actually have time and energy to do, exploring what you may need to learn to bring your desires to life, and turning away, again and again, from speedy get-it-done-yesterday-be-super-human fantasies.

4. Start – and Stay – Small

Practice separating out your decision-making from your action-taking. When you try to decide what to do at the same time you need to do it, fear has a better chance of seducing you away, back into the cycle. Simply spend a bit of time listing in writing what you could do to take action, and then nail down what your next small steps will be from that list. Then decide when you will take those steps.

Taking action is a practice. Each time you do it you build your action taking muscle. And each step matters. Just like you wouldn’t expect to go from the couch to running a marathon in 2 weeks, you can’t expect yourself to build all of your dreams in a day. Expecting you should be able to or that you are “failing” or “falling behind” because you aren’t sends you back into the cycle.

5. Be Clear

Make sure those small steps you have decided on are simple, small and clear. How will you know when you’ve completed the small step? If you don’t know, refine. For example, “Write 500 words” is clear while “Write an essay” is not – too big to be a small step. “Research local networking opportunities in Facebook groups for 20 minutes” is clear because of the 20 minute container but “Find new clients” is too vague and overwhelming. Where do you start? How do you know you completed your small steps?

6. Tell Your Tribe

Gather people to cheer you on and to be accountable to. It doesn’t have to be a big deal – email, phone calls, once every two weeks for coffee works but please know: you cannot break this cycle alone. And these supportive people must reflect back to you the progress you are making… especially when you feel pulled back into the old doubt/quit/look for magic solution cycle. This is the moment when the support becomes the real magic.

7. Love the Start… ciz it’s gonna happen a lot

Always begin again and again when you get pulled back into the cycle of self-doubt / quitting / magic solutions or you get sick or your mom breaks her hip or your car craps out and you have to take a freelance gig you dislike that consumes all your free time to buy a new one.

Do not waste your energy thinking these slips or life blips mean you aren’t meant to write your novel or get your side-gig to full time or run a half-marathon. Instead, see this as the moment to become a success. Because this very moment is what separates out the people who succeed in their desires and dreams from the people who don’t. The people who succeed begin again. And again. Without wasting any of their heart’s energy on thinking they are doomed, screwed or worse off than anybody else. Kvetch to your best friend, then shrug and get back to it.

8. Celebrate EVERY Win

Oh please, turn away from sexy, turn away from wanting big flashy overnight miracles, and please start noticing – and celebrating!! – the very real miracles that sustained settled down actions produce.

It might feel silly to celebrate writing 500 words every day, but your brain and spirit need the little woo-woo or the text to your writing buddy. It might feel that you’re taking forever to make progress on your running or to learn the Zumba steps, but that’s because we humans are horrible at actually perceiving reality. Track what you’re doing! Share with your tribe. Celebrate every small step.

9. Break Up and Break Out

I will totally admit it – I stop following people on social media all the time that trigger my self-defeating habit of comparison. I unsubscribe from blogs that preach “this is THE way” or showcase the writer’s life to be especially glamorous or perfect.

Is there anyone or anything you need to block / delete / stop taking in that triggers you to look for magic solutions, feel less than, or doubt your abilities? It’s not about being a hot house flower – I believe strongly in being resilient and well-informed about the world – but rather to be on the look-out for where someone or something sends you toward quitting.

10. Not (necessarily) Till Death Do You Part

Nothing is forever. You will have new dreams and desires. And the thing you are pursuing now? It might not be IT. Please regularly check-in with yourself and your tribe of supporters/ to see how your actions are feeling and if you still want what you want.

Good Questions to Ask:
Do I still want this? (Scary but vital to keep asking. Plus asking helps you feel the sensation of desire and that is motivating!)
Have I had enough? (Sometimes the finish line comes faster than we think it will… aka “I did the half-marathon and I’m finished with running for now; I want to try swimming.”)
Are my actions moving me forward and helping me experience more of what I want now? (Being busy is not the same as making progress and if you hate the path, is the destination worth it?)
Reflect with your tribe to help you see blind spots where fear or the cycle might be causing cognitive blindness, then course correct as needed; everybody has to! Nobody has a straight shot!

11. Think Impact

Dedicate your efforts to something bigger than yourself to help yourself stay motivated and connected to what we all want as humans: to have an impact, to live a meaningful story.

“I want to build a consulting business so I can give money to my niece for school” keeps you going when you want to quit. “I want to move my body joyfully so I can inspire my sisters and mom to do the same” can get you to the gym at 6 am or 6 pm.

In the end, it’s simple.
Forget perfection, forgo sexy, and one size fits all solutions.
Instead, be fiercely devoted to taking regular, small measurable steps that you determine.
Don’t go it alone. Share your desire with someone you trust when you want to go back into the cycle.
Celebrate along the way. A lot.
Be kind to yourself when you always begin again.
Keep checking in: do I still want this? Am I making progress? Does it feel good?
Repeat with love!
I so want you to create what you most desire. Again and again, with glee. I so know you can, no matter how big your dream.

May it be so.

Love,

Jen

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• ~a self-trust inspiration e-course from Jennifer Louden

What makes a good promise to yourself, a promise that grows self-trust?
  • Clarity, Competency, Conditions of Satisfaction, and Completion
    With clarity, she asked you to ask yourself to be be clear with your promise/intentions to yourself. I declare that I will
  • With Competency, she asks you to review if you are able to comply with your intentions.
  • With Conditions of Satisfaction, she asks you to ask yourself find a way to know if you did what you said you were going to do.
  • And with Completion, you ask you to to follow up on yourself to see if you keep your promises.
  • [For myself, I write about my follow-thru, to discover why or why not, without harsh criticism. much love ,selfcare

HOW TO STAY THE COURSEWHEN YOUR LIFE IS TRULY DELIGHTFUL

from the above article:

You did the work.
You created, you let go, you grieved, you waited, and…
over days and months, and yes, years, you shaped a life that is a true reflection of your desires and values.
Oh, yes, you did.

Now:

Can you stay in it, enjoy it, when it becomes totally delightful?
When everything is (mostly) working?

Can you savor it?

Or do you find yourself picking at the seams of what you created? Indulging in strange worries at 2 a.m. Hear yourself saying to friends, “So and so is doing such and such and I’m just doing this.”

It’s an art, savoring what you’ve created, taking in the good you helped make. It’s not what our brains are hardwired to naturally do. It takes intention and mindfulness to enjoy and…

…to savor how you’ve grown less reactive, more open-hearted, more compassionately gritty.
…to savor the abundance of love, creativity, and flow.
…to savor the skills honed through countless hours of stumbling.

Stand in it all, my friend, without peering around for a bogeyman to jump out of the bushes and take it all away.
Stand in it without preamble or apologywhen you wonder if someone is jealous.
Stand in it now. Please.

And walk away from complicating your life just as things become smoother, as you get to where you wanted to go.
Step away from imposed haste and comparisons to her or him.
Dissolve the words in your mouth that say this isn’t enough.

Instead, trust that savoring what you have worked for and surrendered to will naturally become the foundation and launching pad for whatever comes next.

Rest in the knowing that whatever is next will present itself naturally because your delightful now has been so wonderfully savored and harvested.

Let your whole body and self breathe in its heady fragrance. Loll back in this beauty like a horse rolling in a field of clover.
I am so happy for you.

• ~~
      affirmations

I choose to dwell in peace, appreciation and freedom!

• ~

I Am seeing how my life truly  flows with effortless ease!

• ~

BeyondAffirmations

• ~
      thread you may like to visit Peace Of Spirit
    • ~
      thanks for visiting…feel free to share(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Great thread—-thinking—- will return later with thoughts

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

In response to Poppy’s post:
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts(:

In response to AppreciationView’s post:

“You did the work.
You created, you let go, you grieved, you waited, and…
over days and months, and yes, years, you shaped a life that is a true reflection of your desires and values.
Oh, yes, you did….”

This article by Jen Louden really resonated with me. I’ve read it over and over since yesterday. I’m sure I cannot state it any better. It fits me like a fine expensive glove. I have done the work. It has taken me years and years to shape my life.

“It’s an art, savoring what you’ve created, taking in the good you helped make. It’s not what our brains are hardwired to naturally do. It takes intention and mindfulness to enjoy and…”

It is counterintuitive for me to allow myself to take in the good I’ve helped make. When complimented, I tend to disavow it in my mind thinking I am unworthy. It has always been hard for me to accept and enjoy.

“…to savor how you’ve grown less reactive, more open-hearted, more compassionately gritty.
…to savor the abundance of love, creativity, and flow.
…to savor the skills honed through countless hours of stumbling.”

I’ve spent countless years stumbling. I do appreciate the fact I have grown less reactive, more open-hearted. I do savor my creativity and flow. I am very compassionate about kindness and love.

“Stand in it all, my friend, without peering around for a bogeyman to jump out of the bushes and take it all away.
Stand in it without preamble or apology when you wonder if someone is jealous.
Stand in it now. Please.

And walk away from complicating your life just as things become smoother, as you get to where you wanted to go.
Step away from imposed haste and comparisons to her or him.
Dissolve the words in your mouth that say this isn’t enough.

Instead, trust that savoring what you have worked for and surrendered to will naturally become the foundation and launching pad for whatever comes next.”

For me it’s absolute blind trust in God when my mind is screaming, “ Are you kidding me.”

“ Rest in the knowing that whatever is next will present itself naturally because your delightful now has been so wonderfully savored and harvested.

Let your whole body and self breathe in its heady fragrance. Loll back in this beauty like a horse rolling in a field of clover.
I am so happy for you.”

For me, life is beautiful. I’m as contented as a Blue Bell Cow!

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

loved reading through this, thanks for bringing this back up

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

by John Maxwell

He has sone wonderful ones❤️

Question for God every morning:

What is the main event today? What do you want me to focus on today?
John C. Maxwell

In life, the question is not if you will have problems, but how you are going to deal with your problems. If the possibility of failure were erased, what would you attempt to achieve?

The essence of man is imperfection. Know that you're going to make mistakes. The fellow who never makes a mistake takes his orders from one who does. Wake up and realize this: Failure is simply a price we pay to achieve success.

Achievers are given multiple reasons to believe they are failures. But in spite of that, they persevere. The average for entrepreneurs is 3.8 failures before they finally make it in business.

When achievers fail, they see it as a momentary event, not a lifelong epidemic.

Procrastination is too high a price to pay for fear of failure. To conquer fear, you have to feel the fear and take action anyway. Forget motivation. Just do it. Act your way into feeling, not wait for positive emotions to carry you forward.

Recognize that you will spend much of your life making mistakes. If you can take action and keep making mistakes, you gain experience.

Life is playing a poor hand well. The greatest battle you wage against failure occurs on the inside, not the outside.

Why worry about things you can't control when you can keep yourself busy controlling the things that depend on you?

Handicaps can only disable us if we let them. If you are continually experiencing trouble or facing obstacles, then you should check to make sure that you are not the problem.

Be more concerned with what you can give rather than what you can get because giving truly is the highest level of living.

Embrace adversity and make failure a regular part of your life. If you're not failing, you're probably not really moving forward.

Everything in life brings risk. It's true that you risk failure if you try something bold because you might miss it. But you also risk failure if you stand still and don't try anything new.

The less you venture out, the greater your risk of failure. Ironically the more you risk failure — and actually fail — the greater your chances of success.

If you are succeeding in everything you do, then you're probably not pushing yourself hard enough. And that means you're not taking enough risks. You risk because you have something of value you want to achieve.

The more you do, the more you fail. The more you fail, the more you learn. The more you learn, the better you get.

Determining what went wrong in a situation has value. But taking that analysis another step and figuring out how to use it to your benefit is the real difference maker when it comes to failing forward. Don't let your learning lead to knowledge; let your learning lead to action.

The last time you failed, did you stop trying because you failed, or did you fail because you stopped trying?

Commitment makes you capable of failing forward until you reach your goals. Cutting corners is really a sign of impatience and poor self-discipline.

Successful people have learned to do what does not come naturally. Nothing worth achieving comes easily. The only way to fail forward and achieve your dreams is to cultivate tenacity and persistence.

Never say die. Never be satisfied. Be stubborn. Be persistent. Integrity is a must. Anything worth having is worth striving for with all your might.

If we look long enough for what we want in life we are almost sure to find it. Success is in the journey, the continual process. And no matter how hard you work, you will not create the perfect plan or execute it without error. You will never get to the point that you no longer make mistakes, that you no longer fail.

The next time you find yourself envying what successful people have achieved, recognize that they have probably gone through many negative experiences that you cannot see on the surface.

Fail early, fail often, but always fail forward.
John Maxwell, From Falling Forward

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

In response to Poppy's post:

I enjoyed rereading your post !

thank you 

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Sassi-Goddess-1120-1024x1024.jpeg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content