login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Betraying Tastebuds

This is a problem for me bcuz I have gained weight on account of it. Do any of you have a problem where something tastes so good you keep wanting to eat it even if you are already full?

I don’t mean until you feel sick. I mean later on you will eat it again even if it’s late at night. Late night eating can cause you to definitely gain weight. One of my friends lost weight by brushing her tongue and teeth. This way the flavor isn’t in your mouth. For me it begins in the mind.

A good affirmation could be?_______________________

Peace,
Mary

Hey Mary(:

I feel it more in hunger than satisfying my taste buds(:

In order to regulate my sugar, I need to eat snacks and meals “on time” through the day, otherwise I’m ravished and not doing ‘very well’.

I need affirmations to not just eat healthy, but also watch calories. In that respect it begins in the mind->plan well, and follow the plan(:
So let’s keep planning, and go from there.

meal plan

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie- worksout-daily&w/everything she’s got~ ~‘s post:

Sounds very good Laurie I’m game.

There are many artificial additives in products, some of which are to make you want more. (Unforntunately I can not remember the name. I will post again if I come up with the name) Potato chips usually have these.

I sometimes pay more attention to the ingredients written on the packaging. In Europe they all have to be listed and usually have a E-number. Am not sure how the regulations in the states are.

…what a wonderful world….

In response to aftab’s post:
Good one Afi! I’m glad there’s an actual reason for the potato chip thing….I was beginning to think I might be incredibly greedy!!
Have you noticed how its the BIG bags that keep you diving in for more? If you open a 25g bag from a multipack, you eat it, crave more, but wouldnt open another because ‘that would be wrong’ – but you would unknowingly eat 4 times the quantity when harmlessly munching from a large bag in front of a movie…….evil potato chips!!!! grrrrr!

A full and thankful heart..

In response to anoushka_f’s post:
Feel with you completely. I usually avoid buying chips, but once in a while I just have to :-)
Eating in front of TV or while reading is even worse, cause you don’t even notice what and how much you ate.

I have some favorite sugar free chocolate cookies and bars of dark chocolate from the health food store. I have a “million & 1” marketing reasons, as to why it’s ok to quickly devour my healthy treats.

I’ll use Jeff’s wonderful ideas of auto-suggestion to explain to myself the simple truths of calories, all calories (nutritious and empty)

Too many calories equals added pounds->that simple.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

aftab that makes sense and probably some are more susceptable than others. Please if you remember or find the ingredient please let us know.

Hugs,
Mary

Its MSG
Monosodium glutomate
(Wiki does not talk about stimulating appetite though)

It sure does makes things taste great but it gives me tremendous dizzy spells. Thanks aftab!

MSG youtube videos and info from Dr. mercola when you scroll down the page

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I wont let my daughter have anything with MSG in it as it makes her hyper. Another thing I wont allow her to eat are fruit pastille lollies, shes had 2 of them in the past and both times she was naughty afterwards

enjoy life!

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content