login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★☼ Joy of •DISCIPLINE

☼►• Affirmation without discipline is the beginning of delusion.~ Jim Rohn 

☼►• We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is that discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons. ~ Jim Rohn

Where you are in your life today, what does discipline mean to you and how important is it?

☼ ►• Self Discipline in 10 Days

►• ►• ►• ►• ►• ►• ►• ►• ►•

by Andrew May
[discipline, integrity, and leadership – your
responsibilities to yourself ]
Out of all the 7 Switches of Performance, the Responsibility Switch is the most ambiguous. It’s easy to see whether you are eating the right foods, getting enough sleep, exercising in moderation, organizing your work and life, it’s even a lot easier to assess whether you are having healthy thoughts or not. But flipping the Responsibility Switch can be tough, especially if you have ingrained bad habits. At the end of the day responsibility is not really about knowledge or learning what to do; it is about sticking your hand up and accepting that for anything to change,
first of all you must change.

►• ►• ►• ►• ►• ►• ►• ►• ►•

This thread was created in 2009. Related threads coming soon(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Discipline… Hmmm… a 4-letter D-word??? :) I need more of it. I’m happier when I practice it. However, achieving it… I’m more like a child who avoids it…

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

When I achieved a certain place in my body building a few years back, I felt like true discipline had been learned and could be reproduced in other situations more easily.

When I started slacking off with the exercise. my discipline in everything else lessened too.

I believe get back the hard core exercise, and I’ll get back the hard core discipline. I’m ready.

Discipline has to be done w/a mission in mind and heart. (purpose)

Then do things in blocks of time that make sense (not in 2 minute increments or 24 hr ones) Be realistic, be consistent. Get support and MAKE IT HAPPEN.

That’s my feeling.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I reread what I had written in 2009, and believe this is true today re:discipline and body building/or whatever one calls involved workouts with a good time commitment devoted to that part of life.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

☼ ►• Here is a quote I’m posting today by a life coach I love Jennifer Louden:
Every time you abdicate choice – look for the right way, scramble for the formula, wait for the seal of approval, or deny what you know you want – you turn away from your art and your life’s deep purpose.Choosing is your art. Tie yourself to the mast of what is calling you. It truly does not matter if you have turned away so many times your neck is almost broken by regret.Throw open your arms and welcome the consequences of choosing. Humble yourself in service to what asks to be born through you

• While this is an ad for one of her retreats, it truly says a lot. When we are deciding what we need to do…it is my strong feeling, we need to see what is also speaking to us…that we have forgotten…a choice. What are we forgetting that we somewhere down the line have decided (chose) can wait some more…isn’t as important as all of the important and urgent areas that get all of the time and attention.

☼ ►• Video I love by Guy Finley-Remember Yourself and Realize Freedom
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
☼ ►• I wanted to feel the word abdicate…so I looked up synonyms for it…
I got a great list(:

Part of Speech: verb
Definition: give up a right, position, or power
Synonyms: abandon, abjure, abnegate, bag it, bail out, cede, demit, drop, forgo, give up, leave, leave high and dry, leave holding the bag, leave in the lurch, opt out, quit, quitclaim, relinquish, renounce, resign, retire, sell out, step down, surrender, vacate, waive, withdraw, yield

Definition: abandon, surrender
Synonyms: abalienate, abdicate , accord, alien, alienate, allow, capitulate, come across with, communicate, concede, convey, deed, drop, fold*, fork over, give in*, give up, grant, hand over*, leave, make over, part with, relinquish, remise, renounce, resign, sign over, throw in the sponge, throw in the towel, transfer, vouchsafe, waive, yield
Notes: cede means to give over, surrender or relinquish to the physical control of another – while a seed is a small hard fruit or a mature fertilized plant ovule consisting of an embryo and its food source and having a protective coat

Definition: leave, retreat
Synonyms: abandon, abdicate , absent, beat it, blast off, cut and run, cut out, decamp, desert, disappear, emigrate, escape, evacuate, exit, get away, git, go, go away, go forth, hit the bricks, hit the road, hit the trail, make a break, march out, migrate, move on, move out, part, perish, pull out, quit, remove, retire, sally forth, say goodbye, scram, secede, set forth, shove off, slip away, split*, start, start out, take leave, tergiversate, troop, vacate, vanish, withdraw
Main Entry: discard
Definition: get rid of
Synonyms: abandon, abdicate , abjure, adios, banish, can*, cancel, cashier, cast aside, chuck, deep-six, desert, dispatch, dispense with, dispose of, dispossess, ditch, divorce, do away with, drop, dump, eject, eliminate, expel, forsake, free of, give up, have done with, jettison, junk*, oust, part with, protest, put by, reject, relinquish, remove, renounce, repeal, repudiate, scrap, shake off, shed, sweep away, throw away, throw out, throw overboard, toss aside, write off

Definition: give up, do without
Synonyms: abandon, abdicate , abjure, abstain, cede, desist, eschew, forbear, forsake, give in, go on the wagon, leave alone, leave out, pack in, pass, pass on, pass up, quit, refrain, relinquish, renounce, resign, resist, sacrifice, sit out, surrender, swear off, take the cure, take the oath, waive, yield

Definition: abandon, turn one’s back on
Synonyms: abdicate , cast off, change one’s tune, desert, disclaim, disown, drift away, forgo, forswear, give up, have done with, jettison, jilt, kiss goodbye, leave, leave flat, leave high and dry, quit, relinquish, renounce, repudiate, resign, run out on, set aside, show the door, spurn, surrender, take the oath, throw over, walk out on, wash one’s hands of, yield

• I’ll supply the antonyms next(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

love the quote ,it makes so much sense

Meditations Part of Daily Disciplined Life

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Meditations Part of Daily Life

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content