login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Beauty recipes ladies and gents

Do you have any beauty receipes from your grandparents or family members that have made a difference in your skin, hair, face or feet etc?

Here is one from me. I use to go and have dermabrasion done for more beautiful skin. It can be quite expensive. Then my family has been going to the beach recently. When sitting there in the sand and still wet. I put some sand in my hand and starting rubbing it over my face and body in circles. Then went back into the water. After that I rubbed on some organic coconut oil. Wow my skin felt like a baby’s bottom. That is given to us free!

Peace,
Mary

Application of fresh coconut milk helps me tremendously with my complexion and youthful skin.
I am personally very much against the use of beauty treatments and products available in the market. I am approaching 40 and till date I have not gone for any of the so called treatments and use of expensive lotions. But I am all for home based solutions. I had been having a lot of hairfall and it was becoming very embarrassing. Consultation with the ayurvedic literature and ready availability made me zero down on a treatment involving application of fresh Aloe Vera juice on scalp every day or every other day. And after 5-6 applications (within 10 days) I can safely claim that the hairfall has reduced by 90+ %. The brush has no more than 2-3 strands every time I brush my hair. Even after the head bath hair fall is minimal!
The treatment says that continous application can make hair regrow and darken the colour too. So it is good for stoping hairfall and controlling greying hair.

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

In response to SONIA’s post:
Is there an internet site for the ayurvedic literature?

…what a wonderful world….

In response to SONIA’s post:

Sonia watch out for shampoos that have Laurly Sulfate that made my hair fall out by the tons. The top of my hair near my forehead is where most of my hair was falling. Now it has stopped and it is getting thicker. If you read my post on Morgellons disease there is an article there that talks about the things we put on our skin like suntan lotions. The SPF’s themselves can cause Cancer. That’s why I am looking for natural receipes.

P.S.
I have also heard that fresh tomatoes rubbed on the scalp and left on over night helps to grow your hair too.

Here’s one for whitening your teeth w/strawberries

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Making your own herbal shampoo. Great info.

Hair

Hugs,
Mary

First of all, your skin is your largest organ. It isn’t a good idea to put anything on your skin that you wouldn’t eat. That leaves out a lot of commercial beauty products.

What I use on my face (now, mind you, I am 43 years old and not in my 20’s, so it is for my age) is simply a homemade soap (Argan Oil & Olive Oil based). I moisturize it with a natural oil called Argan Oil – but you can use First, cold-pressed olive oil in your skin also. For younger people, you may want to let it sit on your skin for about 10 minutes and then wash it off. I keep it on my skin.

For an exfoliant, I use Argan Paste. It is the crushed nuts of the Argan Tree that is ground to a powder and reconstituted with Argan Oil. Again, it is an all-natural product. If you look at the Berber women of North Africa – who have used it for generations, you will see such youthful, beautiful skin that many would pay hundreds of dollars to achieve.

For a mask, I use a Lava Clay Mask that is called Ghassoul (Rhassoul). It is simply Lava that has been ground to a powder. You can reconstitute it with either Argan Oil or Purified Water.

For a nice body soap, I use Beldi (Savon Noir) Black Soap – which is a homemade soap made from olives. It is pure, all natural and very soothing.

Treat your body right – keep it as close to nature as possible, and you will be rewarded with health and glowing beauty!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to meditatingmama’s post:

Great stuff as usual MM thank you very very much.

Hugs,
Mary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content