login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Carb conscious?

Some are very very carb conscious. At one time, I didn’t do a lot of carbs. I’m not against them, I believe they are good in balanced view of diet and exercise. Though for my small frame, I do focus on keeping it balanced (nutrition and calories).

This is a thread on carbs.

Here’s a site that was informative. Click on a carb

Veggies

high carb substitutions

Ideas to cut carbs

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Though I have been exercising for over 2 years now and I do see noticable change in my body. Its toning up better and I am losing fat from areas I never thought I was targetting. Though my weight is down by 10 kg I would like to bring it down more. Should I cut carbs without professional help? I do not eat much carbs and as a matter of principle I do not eat processed foods. High sodium diet does not go down well with me. Should I reduce the rice and wheat I am consuming? Can anybody direct me to a site that deals with carbs in Indian diets?

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

In response to SONIA’s post:
Sonia,
I think its important not to cut carbs out completely, but you can gain lots of valuable ‘bulking’ foods from the Indian diet – Chickpea flour/Gram flour for making breads (higher protein and lower in the glutenous properties that wheat flour has).
Rice is good, particularly brown rice and with the variety of vegetables that the Indian diet can contain you can have a very balanced vegetarian diet – which I am sure you do. Carbs are important for working out but its all about portion control. With anything that has a sauce or spice base the carb acts as a digestive tool to work them through the gut harmoniously. By ommiting the carb you are more likely to experience gassiness and build up of toxins particualrly if you eat lots of pulses – lentils, beans etc – so the rice, bread, pasta, noodles etc is a tool for its easy transit.

I am not a fan of any carb starve diets, but I do think its about knwing which carbs suit you and controlling the portion. If you are sensitive to wheat it will cause bloating so opt for low GI/Gluten free foods. I am not particularly ssensitive to any carbohydrate – BUT I cant eat huge amounts in a sitting as I feel bloated, so I listen to my body and cut the portion where possible. For instance, a pasta meal may have more veg to pasta than what most may eat.

I’m no professional – But I hope my experience helps you??

:O)

A full and thankful heart..

Thanx. Its good and I will try using more of gram flour. Out here we can make pancakes, curry, sweets, and many other dishes with gram flour. But one feels very thirsty after consuming it….

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content