login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Living well: Forgiveness

Recently, I started a new ritual.. Forgiveness first, then prayer.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

If I open my heart to forgiveness first, my heart is ready for prayer.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.

The one I need to forgive is my self. My judgements, no matter how righteous, are a barrier to prayer….barrier to Being…

I have recently had a very personal experience while working with forgiveness. I will do the best I can, given the extreme limitation of language… Something “pivoted”. Thats the best word I can use.

When I was working on this one issue, where I knew that I had not forgiven, that is where I more or less, first had a feeling of movement or a pivotal shift. Something moved. I now had something I never imagined, that I almost felt like I was being extracted from a cast, where I had no freedom, like being frozen. A shell. Well, I was never aware of this shell before.

At first, I really over looked it, but, in another personal way, I must have released something or I maybe I literally moved out of this form. That actually feels more accurate, it was a form, and I left that form. I’ve moved on now.

That was two days ago. Since then, two or three things: This wave of exhaustion, the need for deep sleep. Second, my inner awareness has awoken, and is more and more a daily experience. The need for even deeper trust, absolute and pure… and…, the one I NEED to trust is my Self…

So, the bottom line, is that I am much quieter on the outside, and much less judgmental. Totally neutral. And, I just see everything as “phases”; we all go through phases in our lives. Passages. Every passage is important! Its all connected.

We go through times in our lives where something was very important, and we build a life around beliefs and values. Intentional growth.

Right now, my intention is, in part, some very deep healing, and then, releasing that identity.

Is anyone else working on forgiveness?

Any insights? Any shifts? New energy, new possibilities?

Another intention is to stay heart centered. And keep just notice ego, when it pops up!

Morning meditation are really wonderful! I like the experience, starting the day by doing something healthful and healing first, then a few moments in prayer and contemplation, then the rest of the day, being productive.

God, my Source, is the ultimate Physician!
In Him, I trust!
He knows my Heart!! And, I know His!!!

Good post

It may sound a bit selfish, but I forgive others to be totally free.
I feel great when I release any feelings of disappointment substituting it with forgiveness and acceptance. After all a rose is not any less beautiful because it has thorns. Maya Angelou states my feeling ““When someone shows you who they are believe them; the first time.” or as John Lennon put to song “Let it be.”

Great timing, to re-read this!

As I read this, I remember that phase, and I can see from where I am, and it just gives me a pause to appreciate all of the different phases and the movement, the progression, all the way up to where I am now.

I am looking at choice.  I am looking at my responsibility, my active participation in forgiveness.  

This is important, because this is the single gateway to accessing healing and freedom.  Transformating my experience of my heart.

Its helpful to read this.  Peace is priceless.  

Any thing that steals your peace is too expensive.

forgiveness+sets+us+free.jpg

Forgiveness set your spirit free to soar to amazing heights of love, acceptance, grace and peace.

rising-sun-and-flying-gulls.gif

Yes, learning to live well, and learning to proactively choose Bliss.

From time to eternity is a blink of the eye, literally. 

I choose to be pain free, judgment free.  And with every failure, I again and again, choose bliss and surrender...

I proactively choose daily meditation in exchange for injury and indignation.

I surrender all!  

In response to Nancee1953's post:

so true

I first forgive myself for toning down my values to be similar to some individuals I may have less in common with that I was willing to admit.

Unconditional Love -True Forgiveness-Aspects Of Love

unconditional love-forgiveness

Harold W Becker is the Founder and President of The Love Foundation (www.thelovefoundation.com) and also Internal Insights (www.internalinsights.com) and is the author of various books including: Unconditional Love - An Unlimited Way of Being and Inspiring Unconditional Love -- Reflections from the Heart.

Video interview based on the book, Unconditional Love Is... Aspects of Life (White Fire 2010) by Harold W. Becker.
Philip Snow is the Founder of the UK based nonprofit New Living (www.newliving.org) and is a lecturer and author of numerous presentations and meditations that encourage and empower individuals about the current fundamental changes occurring on our planet.

In this segment entitled "Forgiveness" Harold provides inspiration and insight on how forgiveness is a quality of unconditional love that we can expand through understanding, conscious awareness and practical application. Being present and aware of our thoughts and feelings allows us to develop unconditional love in all areas of our lives.

By exploring these various aspects throughout this series of videos in greater detail, we find the essential nature of who we are, how we think and feel, and why love is the transformative element for positive change both individually and collectively. We experience more joy in life through understanding and expanding our individual perspectives.

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

In response to ♡ ˚Allowing Divine Creativity's post:

Thank you for introducing me to this author!  Excellent video.  

Harold Becker as built a career as an author.  He has written several books on love  and forgiveness. Incredible!  He is amazing...!!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Forgive-all-of-your-thems.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Franklin P. Jones

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to ♡ ˚ Opening My Heart To Love:

The past can be seconds ago, if you are changed since.

Repentance is the answer. Though if you can’t tell the person directly, because they are no longer here, or just some other form of an impossibility… write them a letter, and prayer.
We are human and as we try to progress we sometimes can believe we are always our Higher Selves (:

For me, the ticket is remember beyond the mis-takes beyond missing your ‘perfect target’ … and remember the love you really are and the love others really are, and love is the answer 

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Self Forgiveness is huge for living life well. 
I love what Brian Tracy said:

You must absolutely forgive yourself for every silly, senseless, wicked, brainless, thoughtless or cruel thing you have ever done or said. Stop carrying these past mistakes around with you. That was then and this is now.

Think of it this way. When you did those things in the past that you still feel badly about, you were not the person you are today. At that time, you were a different person, younger and less experienced. You were not your true self. You were an immature version of the person you have become with experience. Stop beating yourself up for something that occurred in the past that you cannot change.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

The forgiving state of mind is a magnetic power for attracting good. Catherine Ponder9ac43cac0f6a5b021859ed08f71d0194.jpg

We think that we are over things simply by avoiding discussing them but if we make a conscious or subconscious decision not to forgive, we actually create a reaction that becomes hardwired into our brains. So we subconsciously react whenever something sparks that brain pattern that reminds us of the emotions we experienced at the time of the original event. Emotions and reaction become hardwired together– and the more that they are repeated the harder our reactions are to control/ undo. center of light.org [ The Center of Light is a spiritual community, a spiritual group, a highly diverse collection of individuals who come together to encourage and support each other on their unique, personal, spiritual paths.]

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

→   I am patient, loving and kind.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Life is about making excellent choices!!'s post:
This is a very valuable subject . 
I hope to return to it soo. . Thanks for creating this thread 

In response to 

LIAMEC

My pleasure!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJDyCdBQpZkpf3Kvaz3D5XYcO04XeXhB0QcN4aD_O63nQZi3H8QQ

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Life is about making excellent choices!!'s post:

I finally took in the value of what you said- 

forgiveness first then prayer 

I like what you said:

We go through times in our lives where something was very important, and we build a life around beliefs and values. Intentional growth.

Right now, my intention is, in part, some very deep healing, and then, releasing that identity.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

See the source image

Forgiveness can be painful . You realize you may have hurt another while attempting to protect and care for yourself 

On overwhelm 

Always-focus-on-how-far-youve-come-rather-than-how-far-you-have-left-to-go1.jpg

Part 1:

With every breath I take, I am sending, love and gratitude to every single cell in my body. Yes, yes, yes, yes.

Every part of me is getting the optimum benefit from this exercise!

With every breath I take, I am sending, love, gratitude and healing to my heart!

hqdefault.jpg

DvM-V00UYAUQnvI.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content