login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Happiness Meeting 11/25/15★stop by anytime

★Our theme this week, will be “Gratitude &…if you so desire link to threads which you enjoy that relate to the topic…“★

Possible questions to think about

(1) How important is gratitude in your life?

(2) When do you take time to tell others how much you appreciate them?

(3) What have the benefits of gratitude and appreciation been in your life?

(4) What will you do to enhance or create your current routine of gratitude and appreciation?

• ~
    Announcement

Our Next Bmindful Happiness Group Meeting Is on 11/25/15

• ~

• ~

It is impossible for you to be late.
Just Pop In & Out…however it works well for you
It’s really simple…The only requirement is caring about yourself and others.
~

Pop in anytime November 25, 2015 during the meeting …and the day after…(due to different time commitments & time zone-consideration)
~

Reminder with these meetings…save to your favorites…Just like any other thread on Bmindful, you can always bring your fresh energy to it anytime after the meeting date(:
logo for meeting
Each week we will have a committee devoted to Weekly Happiness Meeting.
Members who decide they’d like this type of participation, simply sign up on this thread. Having a few people with active involvement, even if some members happen to change weekly… we will come together share, grow & have fun(: It will simply be about what Bmindful has always been about…the spirit of positivity, personal growth, synchronicity & love

• ~
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the United States & Happy Gratitude to everyone wherever you live(:
  • ~ Gratitude-what a powerful yet simple gift it is.
  • ~The highest form of gratitude is a prayer of thanksgiving.
  • ~ Gratitude is my attitude
  • ~ Breathe in deep. Smile, and acknowledge the feeling of gratitude from deep within your spirit. Then breathe out slowly, releasing vibrations of appreciations to __________. —Unknown

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

I have a gratitude journal I honestly think everyone should have one. You don’t have to write in it daily it actually suggest to write in it weekly so you don’t feel pressure as to come up with something.

Appreciating others brings joy to yourself as well. It is in giving where we learn to appreciate ourselves. I get much gratification supporting others. Also you don’t have to buy one but you can get them at Barnes and Noble book stores or I’m sure Amazon has some or you can simply use a note book.

There is something called the three blessing forgot who wrote or said that if you want to use it daily write down it doesnt have to be big things but simple three simple things that happen in your day that you were grateful for. Just jot down a couple of sentences as to why these things happened.

We often times focus on the problems well it seems simplier problems need to be solved where as good things are just that good. So that’s why the bad stuff gets more attention.

The gratitude journal is about feeling good in the moment but also about developing a meaningful life in which you feel actively engaged in. It helps you appreciate the every day beauty the smell of a beautiful autom day the smell of a fresh cup of coffee. And also most importantly appreciate the joy that already exist in your life. It started after a while for me to to understand how I could create more of those good experiences. It is empowering. I don’t know what I would do without my gratitude journal and on my bad days I reflect back to my list of what I wrote in the start of the book what I was grateful for.

For example

Describe what it would take for you to be truly happy in your life. And lists the steps it would take to make that vision a reality. Is your vision realistic if so what is holding you back?

I have been doing this a while I will try to pop in tomorrow let me know if you want me to add exercises from my journals I have used I would be happy to. But really it’s about writing what you are grateful for three little things a day or like me once a week. Breath in the positive blow out the negative. Look for it there is a lot of good around us it just unfortunately goes un noticed when we deal with the daily chores or problems in life. People who actively try to become more grateful in every day life are happier even healthier than those who don’t. The worse things are the more important it is to appreciate the moments in your life that feel good.

Sorry for the ramble I guess I just want to spread the word on this its important to keep track of the goodness for it is far too easy to forget when we get consumed trying to solve all the daily problems that can occur in our lives.
Lol

Jan hugs. Peace

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less
Be true to you :)

“Every struggle in your life has shaped you into the person you are today. Be thankful for the hard times, they can only make you
stronger!”

In response to jan4jam’s post:

Thank you jan4jam. What a great way to start our meeting. …Three simple things you are greatfull for…

You make several powerful points—-
Joy to yourself
Gratification from giving to others
Fits your schedule( not necessarily daily)
Actively greatfull people are happier and healthier

This is not rambling. It is a wonderful personal recommendation!

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

In response to Robert’s post:
In response to Poppy’s post:

Jan, I too am loving the gratitude kick off of this meeting(: Welcome backJan(: And lovin’ your post(: much appreciated(:
It truly opened my spirit to that beautiful place of gratitude this morning(: I particularly love the part you shared… The gratitude journal is about feeling good in the moment but also about developing a meaningful life in which you feel actively engaged in.

• ~
  • ** quote People respond positively to gratitude, and this response directly impacts both people’s generosity and their relationship to abundance. ANGELES ARRIEN From her book Living in Gratitude: A Journey That Will Change Your Life
  • ~
  • ** quote Abundance can arrive in the form of friendships, wisdom, money, creative expression, good health, loving relationships, mental energy and enthusiasm, peace of mind, and in infinite other ways. But however wealth manifests, the point is that these effects are the spontaneous outgrowths of inner spiritual awakening; they are not sought after for their own sake. Money, achievements, accolades – all of these are byproducts of life’s true gift: the unfolding of your inner divinity. Deepak Chopra
  • ** You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you. Sarah Ban Breathnach

_ _ _

I Am living a Divine plan

• ~
    It was suggested/discussed that creating a list of related threads & posts to this topic would also make a wonderful reference for this thread and simply future reference…I’d be glad to do this…though please expect a lengthy list…because that is what Bmindful is filled with Gratitude/ Appreciation/Love(: [this will assist with tagging too… gratitude & appreciation for finding benefits for everything]
    grateful contributed by cfreeland
    learn-to-profit-from- everything contributed by Robert
    the-short-version-of-how-to-get-rich contributed by Robert
    totally-confident contributed by Robert
    some-kind-of-wonderful contributed by Robert
    happiness-is contributed by Jan [love the reference to routines & adjusting our point of reference/attitudes…falls right in line with this thread(: and another contributed by Jan entitled Quote Life is about laughing and living, in good and bad times. Getting through whatever comes our way and looking back and smiling…
    namaste gratitude-and-spirituality contributed by Flowergirl
    from-a-gratitude-website contributed by Rama Dass

And of course our many high traffic-love fests on gratitude(:
I-need-a-dose-of-gratitude contributed by thebirds
the-things-I-love contributed by Robert
3-things-you’re-grateful-for- today contributed by Robert
today-I’m-grateful-for contributed by Flowergirl
what-are-you-grateful-for-today by my other alias AppreciationView(:

And of course, like many of you 1 of my favorite topics:
daily-affirming-gratitude-thoughts
a-flow-of-gratitude-affirmations
experiencing-expressing-gratitude
gratitude even-makes-our-memories-feel-better
told you this will take awhile…to be continued…(grateful and appreciative to do this for community …and Just For Me(:
the-experience-which-transformed-your-life
this-gratitude-thing-can-run-long

• ~

It’s quote/affirmation-time(:

2 of Catherine Ponder’s Powerful Prayerful Affirmations
Let there be peace within my walls and prosperity within my palaces.

• ~
    I give thanks that I am the ever-renewing, the ever-unfolding expression of infinite life, health, and energy. _

Gratitude creates abundance. Complaining creates poverty.

saving my spot(: to be continued….
Looking forward to focusing on questions to think about []What have the benefits of gratitude and appreciation been in your life?[]What will you do to enhance or create your current routine of gratitude and appreciation?[] How important is gratitude in your life?[] When do you take time to tell others how much you appreciate them?
I will post more on Wednesday.

Practicing gratitude is part of my being everyday…though the question What will you do to enhance or create your current routine of gratitude and appreciation… is 1 I will focus on this week…to bump it up even more(:

Sad To Happy To Gratitude

Sometimes I feel nothing
As if I don’t exist
I eat, and breathe, and sleep
But Zombie through the days

Sometimes I feel the pain
A searing, burning pain
In my head, a knee, or foot
And stumble through the hurt

Sometimes I feel so very sad
My world is out of sync
So many angry dying souls
Desperation in their eyes

Sometimes I feel tormented by
Things that cannot be
Peace, freedom, and dignity
In a world of oppression, war, and fear

But mostly, I feel happy
Glad to be alive
Enjoying the simple things
Like nature, the stars and moon

I celebrate my health
Dreaming, walking, seeing
Choosing good thoughts
Doing the things I do

I revel in friendships
Old and new
Tasting the sweet
Relationships I hold dear

I love being happy
Thinking up a thought
That brings a smile
To my face

I show gratitude
Love, joy, and laughter
For it is what is right
In my life

It just a state of mine—Mind

—-Poppy

love this! wonderful!

Hi Jan,

Its great to hear from you! I love hearing about your gratitude journal. I think its very useful. It keeps us in the space where we can keep noticing all that we have to be grateful for.

Perfect timing! Its thanksgiving!

“Gratitude unlocks the fulness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more.
It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity.
It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.”

A favorite quote by Melody Beattie

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

Thank you for your poem Poppy!
And, thank you for hosting the meeting today!

Gratitude is a wonderful topic.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.

Gratitude is very important to me…
Being grateful, I am aware of Gifts of being alive!

Love, Truth, Beauty, Bliss, Freedom, Creativity and a sense of unbounded possibilities…
when the experience of these spiritual qualities are present in my life,
I recognize that these are not rare gifts!
These are the basis of life!

…we can bring the gifts and the consciousness into daily life, where we can experience Love, Truth, Beauty, ect., in all of our moments. Gratitude gives us that flow. When we see these qualities, a beautiful sunset, or the wonder of a star studded night, acknowledge and appreciate what is happening. When we see the beauty, the wonder, the mystery, and the innocence around us, we were just given a message from the Source of all Life!

In response to Kathi’s post:
thanks Kathi, much appreciated your thoughts/feelings…I couldn’t agree with you more. Gratitude is the parent of all virtues(:

You gave words to experiences that are often a little unique to find words to describe … again, thank you(:

VIDEO it truly reminded me of the thoughts/feelings from this .

I feel as though this video may have been shared before… I only know I gratefully have appreciated it. For wherever I received it…thank you out there(: I appreciate it and all of its messages(: And I appreciate the delightful energy that always occurs when we are sharing our own experiences… together(:

Thank you Poppy for chairing the meeting and all those who stop by (in their hearts) and those w/heart and a post(:

and to think…it’s not even Wednesday yet(: this is lovely(:

LET ME SEE WHAT DO I WANT TO SHARE.
WELL THE DOCTOR IS SUPPOSED TO ADJUST MY MEDICATION NEXT WEEK,
SO WHATEVER I SAY YOU MAY CHOOSE TO TAKE WITH A GRAIN OF SALT.
SPEAKING OF SALT,IT WAS A POPULAR ACRYNOM A COUPLE DECADES AGO DOES ANYONE
KNOW WHAT THE ACRYNOM IS.

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

Do you take the time to tell others how much you appreciate them?

I am getting a little long in the tooth. For the most part, I have had very few regrets in my life. I came to the realization that I was responsible for what I said and did early in life and it has proven to be very beneficial. One thing I do regret is being able to tell the most important people in my life how grateful and appreciative I am for their guidance and wisdom. Both of my parents have long since moved to a higher place of existence and have shed their bodies. I still ask for advice and guidance and believe they visit me in my dreams especially when I ask them to speak to me. But it isn’t the same as a worldly face to face talk. Like many young students in life I often didn’t understand the importance of telling my teachers, friends, and mentors how much they meant to me and now, they too are unavailable. If you are in the fortunate position of letting others know how much you love them and appreciate them, do it NOW! You never know when tomorrow will be too late.

your message is wonderful! I too love sharing what feels valuable to others… from my heart…as though it is the last time we’ll meet. I too have learned that lesson well..No matter what experiences are taking place/have taken place…there is always something powerfully loving to share(:

Thanks for your contribution Poppy(:

GRATITUDE,OK WHAT CAN SAY ABOUT GRATITUDE.
I DON’T HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST MATERIALISM,IN FACT WHEN I’M ON MY BIKE
IN ANY KIND OF WEATHER,I’M NOT ENVIOUS OR JEALO0US OF ALL THE VARIOUS CARS
MINIVANS ETC.
I SUPPOSE IM GRATEFULL TO AT LEAST HAVE WHAT I HAVE.I HAVE A FEELING I WILL OWN A DECENT SET OF WHEELS AMONG OTHER THINGS,IN THE NEAR OR DISTANT FUTURE.
IF NOT SAY LA VI I CAN STILL BE SATISFIED WITH THE ABUNDANCE I CURRENTLY
HAVE DECENT HEALTH AND ALL SORTS OF ABUNDANCE TIED UP IN ESCROW,SO THE ?
IS WILL I FIND THE KEYS TO UNLOCK MY ESCROW ABUNDANCE?
WHO CAN SAY FOR SURE,NOBODY NOT EVEN ME.
MY THOUGHTS TEND TO FLUCTUATE EACH DAY,AMONG THOSE THOUGHTS IS THAT
LIKE A THOUGHOBRED HORSE GETTING ANXIOUS IN THE STARTING GATE,
THE UNIVERSE IS READY AND QUITE A HANDFUL FOR THE JOCKEY TO HANDLE WAITING
FOR THE GATES TO BURST OPEN.
THATS ONLY ONE THOUGHT AMONG ZILLIONS SOME POSITIVE AND SOME NEGATIVE.

THE ANSWER TO SALT IS A TREATY SIGHNED BY 2 WORLD LEADERS ANWARE SADAT
AT THE TIME WAS LEADER OF ISRIEAL I THINK, AND JIMMY CARTER WAS THE CHIEF OF
THE U.S.A.ALSO KNOWN AS “THE CAMP DAVID PEACE ACCORD
STRATEGIC ARM,S LIMITATION TREATYSALT

I WILL POST SOMETHING THAT RELATES,OR IS IN THE CONTEXT OF YOUR POST.(SOON)

OF COURSE GRATITUDE SO SIMPLE YET PROFOUND
AFTER WATCHING THE 4 MINUTE VIDEO ON GRATITUDE THAT JUSTFORME POSTED,
I SEARCH A FEW VIDEOS THAT WERE ATTACHED TO HER WONDERFUL GRATITUDE VIDEO.
AND SOMETHING TOLD ME TO CLICK ON THIS VIDEO.
USUALLY WHENSOMETHINGTALKS I TEND TO LISTEN.
I FOUND THIS VIDEO QUITE INTERESTING,FROM THE 2 MINUTE MARK OF THE 11 MINUTE
VIDEO.
I PAUSED IT AT 6 MINUTES TO SHARE IT HERE.
THE NARATER SOUNDS A BIT LIKE POPPY.
IN ANY CASE WHEN YOU CAN SPARE 11 MINUTES CHECK IT OUT, IT’S A GOOD
INVESTMENT OF YOUR TIME I WOULD SAY.

In response to Lake Placid’s post:

Like you, I tend to listen when something talks to me. I thought the video was profound in its simplicity. That’s the beauty of gratitude. I am greateful for the simple things in life. I see beauty all around. I hear music of city life echoing in my ears, I take it all in and I am grateful to be a part of this wondrous universe.

very good video Lake Placid
video A Place Called Gratitude thank you
the video LP posted reminded me of this quote

• ~
    I also wanted to make sure these links are visible…they both have excellent messages and address all of the thought questions(:
  • ~
  • ~

In response to ““Just” For Me’s post”:http://bmindful.com/forum/thread/7691/please-join-us-in-your-happiness-meeting-112515#post108284:

I just watched the video, “ The Power of Gratitude,” twice. It goes pretty fast and there is so much in it that I will watch it again and again today. My mind was flooded with confirmations of my thoughts and near “Aha” moments for me but not quite coming into fruition. I’ll have to watch again, and respond more.. Thank you Just For Me. The video seemed just right for me.

Today, practicing gratitude has allowed me to appreciate my innocence…!!

I am taking this moment, and this moment, I feel more aware than ever of all that is in my life right now, and I am so grateful for all that I have!

For me, for this moment, the gift of my health, the comfort of my humble home, the wealth of my HEART, from where this RIVER of LIFE just flows so powerfully…! My goodness,… what more can I say!

Having this experience of my innocence as allowed me to see the innocence of others. It totally allows me to move forward easily with forgiveness…

I believe my HEART is prepared……. for JOY

I really want to send a very special Thank you to Just for Me.
I am so grateful for all that I have gotten out of these Happiness meetings!

We change the world when we change our Self!

In response to Kathi’s post:

Ditto:

I really want to send a very special Thank you to Just for Me.
I am so grateful for all that I have gotten out of these Happiness meetings!

We change the world when we change our Self!

Love, Truth, Beauty, Bliss, Freedom, Creativity, and a sense of unbounded possibility…..

This is All that I am grateful for!

something I’ve posted on a thread before re: “ benefits of gratitude happierhuman.com happierhuman.com

gratitude

positive-thoughts.typepad.com/

Kathi…it is always an awesome time to bring up & share thoughts regarding power of forgiveness.. How can we so ‘completely’ & wonderfully grateful -inhabiting/demonstrating entertaining gratefulness when grievances are energizing our spirit…the loving-flow we desire seems tainted. That place which allows forgiveness…allows gratitude. Wonderful stuff! Thanks for sharing your experience here.

Kathi’s states:

Today, practicing gratitude has allowed me to appreciate my innocence…!!

I am taking this moment, and this moment, I feel more aware than ever of all that is in my life right now, and I am so grateful for all that I have!

For me, for this moment, the gift of my health, the comfort of humble my home, the wealth of my HEART, from where this RIVER of LIFE just flows so powerfully…! My goodness,… what more can I say!
Having this experience of my innocence as allowed me to see the innocence of others. It totally allows me to move forward easily with forgiveness…

Quote:
DEAR GOD I SURRENDER You can have a grievance or a miracle; you cannot have both (A Course In Miracles)

Poppy’s post: Kathi’s post: I thank you for the warm thanks & I’m thanking you both for the continuity, passion & energy you bring.

and a huge thank you to Bunique…Bmindful’s owner… and all members who are feeling the love and joining in &/or simply joining our loving community.

Thank you again Jan & Lake Placid for sharing today…and…Robert for adding more love… yes I know it’s still early here…though…want to make sure…thank you’s are clear,expressed…Recognizing what makes family…a community here (anywhere) is enjoyable & very important to me(:

• the day is not over…and will return to share…though right now feelings feel..more important than words to describe gratitude and its value.
  • and yes Thanksgiving is not until tomorrow in the US…though here on Bmindful…it’s Thanks-giving here & everywhere everyday(:
    As Poppy so wonderfully titled this thread-meeting… ★Please Join Us In Your Happiness Meeting … all of us always welcome you anytime you want to jump in… (even after the dates have passed. Or just take in the love we have for you by checking out thoughts/ideas to ponder (: whatever works for you(:

Firstly I want to express my gratitude to everyone in the community. Its all of you, who make this site such a fantastic, warm and wonderful resource.

I want to express a really big Thank You to Laurie who has been doing lots of amazing work organising the forums and getting me up to speed with everything :-)

There is so much to be grateful for in this world its difficult to even find a place to begin. I feel so fortunate for having a roof over my head, a comfy bed to sleep in every night, all the food I could ever dream of eating and so much more.

Its so easy to get preoccupied with all the negatives in life, especially when so many dreadful things are happening everyday.

I just hope everyone takes a moment this weekend to experience gratitude for something in their life no matter how small it is, because gratitude is the key to experiencing raw happiness.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! :-)

I WAS SEARCHING/GOOGLING (NOBLE QUOTES.COM)THE OTHER DAY.
INSTEAD I GOT NOBLE QUOTES AT BRAINY.COM,AND PROCEEDED TO READ THE VARIOUS
QUOTES.THERE WAS ONE QUOTE THAT MADE ME THINK OF LAURIE OUR COOL FRIEND
AND MODERATER.I THEN THOUGHT TO MAKE A NOTE OF THE QUOTE AND POST IT TO
THE SITE.
“A WOMAN OF FAITH IS FEARLESS.
THERE IS NO AMBIGUITY,
NO UNCERTAIN TRUMP IN HER LIFE.
SHE CAN LIVE A PRINCIPLED
LIFE BECAUSE SHE STUDIES THE
DOCTRINE AND TEACHINGS OF A
PERFECT TEACHER, THE MASTER.
SHE IS A NOBLE EXAMPLE TO ALL
WHO KNOW HER
Margaret D Nadauld

In response to bunique’s post:

Thank you for your participation in these Happiness meetings! Your presence here is very much appreciated!!

I enjoy reading your posts!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thank you for the beautiful quote!

Glad I could be of some support with what I wrote. I really like this thread will be here more. ((((Poppy)))). I loved the poem I write too but don’t know if my writings are appropriate for here. I mostly post them under unknown author on sites they are very personal so its hard for me to share. Again loved yours thanks for sharing.

And wow what a wonderful resource of links listed will be checking them out. Thanks for this thread. I am breathing in the positive exhaling the negative its amazing how much happiness I feel now even after everything I been through recently I am going to focus coming here and stay away from some of my more lets just say negative sites of support. I have come to learn although I get much gratification supporting others and that will always be where my passion lies but I learned I was giving all my energy out and not saving any for myself.

Nobodies fault but I feel the happiness within that I never felt before while I took a break from it all.

Like this a lot hope I can be of more help I mean contribute more. Thanks to all your messages I learned a lot. Lifts my spirit just checking in right now.

Lol peace always and hugs. Jan.

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less

“Every struggle in your life has shaped you into the person you are today. Be thankful for the hard times, they can only make you
stronger!”

There r many benefits associated with being grateful. Gratitude has been linked to increased happiness & a satisfying life. Giving thanks is a most powerful way to increase our well being. Gratitude journals sorry I just believe in them a lot they help u appreciate the good you already have in ur life. It can help u shift the focus on things in ur life that u lack per say. And bring more attention to the abundance that is already there.

Count ur blessing.

Gratitude journaling will help u live ur life in gratitude. Hope this made sense here?

“No duty is more urgent than that of giving thanks”

Happy Thankgiving all. May u all sit ur table this afternoon like I do every year as tradition & B4 eating ur wonderful feast have everyone say least one thing they r thankful 4. No,pressure just a tradition I do & wanted to share!

“Blessed r those that can give without remembering & receive without forgetting”

Lol. Jan hugs & peace

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less

stronger!”

BE THANKFUL

Be thankful 4 the difficult times
During those times u grow.

Be thankful 4 each new challenge.
Because it will build ur strength & character.

Be thankful 4 ur mistakes.
They will teach u valuable lessons.

Be thankful wen ur tired & weary.
Because it means u made a difference.

A life of fulfillment comes to those who r also thankful 4 the setbacks.

Jmr

PS/ Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive. Find a way to be thankful 4 ur troubles & they become ur blessings. Gratitude improves health & has been known to also reduce stress. From behavioral & psychological research.

Lol. Jan peace & hugs.

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less

stronger!”

love this Jan ,thanks

Thank you Jan4jam. You were instrumental in starting off our little meeting this week. What a wonderful start it was!

I am glad you liked what I loosely call my poetry. It’s really just my feelings in words without complete sentences or grammar, or punctuation. What freedom of expression!

Yes, Just For Me is nothing less than amazing in her support and resources. She always drips and oozes out Love and Light.

“Blessed r those that can give without remembering & receive without forgetting”
That is beautiful!

Oh you did it! And I thought I was the only one who was brave enough to try to put my poetry out there. I am usually very private about my poetry. I do feel comfortable with our Bmindful community. In the distant past, I would never have shared. Bunique and AppreciatingView have completely earned my respect and trust.

Your poem is very good! You have consicely put into words how any negative can be turned into a positive and challenges do develop strength, character, and courage. And I especially like the verse on being tired and weary… It is a very powerful poem.

In response to bunique’s post:
AND A SPECIAL THANKS TO BUNIQUE AS WELL,FOR BEING A CONSCIENTIOUS OWNER,
AND FOR THE IDEA OF HAVING A MANAGER FOR THE SITE.
I CAN REMEMBER A TIME A FEW YEARS AGO WE HAD NO VISIBLE OWNER OR MODERATER
AND IT WAS KIND OF LIKE THE JERRY SPRINGER SHOW EVERY SO OFTEN.

I am grateful to be a part of this wonderful circle of friends all around the world and to feel the love and kindness shared here .Thank you all for being yourselves

bunique’s post:
Poppy’s post: Robert’s post: jan4jam’s post:
Kathi’s post:
abraham’s post:
flowergirl’s post: Lake Placid’s post: Bmindful is the place that it was intended…because of the love (it was created with & )the love the community brings… I Am grateful to our community and an owner who supports Bmindful’s positivity intentions… thank you everyone for simply being who YOU are(: Joyful possibilities only… always(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thanks poppy yes it is hard to post my poems like u said its just thoughts with hardley any grammer u really made me laugh. I write a lot but some are from my dark times so they r not really suited I’ve been writing more positive. Had some issues with computer now I have the tablet off topic just wanted to say that.

Have to try to communicate more here it really does lift me!! The tablet is easier on my eyes less head aches OK now that’s out of the way will be posting topic related soon. I really feel great and blessed coming back here with all the replies to me lifted me greatly. Thanks all made my day. Lol peace. Jan

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less

stronger!”

I have really gone off the deep end. Have you seen my thread on our own poetry? I too have some dark poems that I have been hesitant to post. but you know, it is perfectly human to have both dark and light days. I wish you tremendous Love and Light! Keep writing even if its only to/for yourself.

I think ever since doing my gratitude journal I’ve become more humble and yet more serene fulfilled person.

When u decide to bring your own sense of gratitude to your conscious awareness and to make gratitude part of your daily routine it is a humbling experience. I read that some where wish I could recall the book. It’s like instead of wondering why you have it so bad you can marvel at how much good u do have in your life. They say when you humble yourself by taking a moment to think of the things that you are thankful to have you are removing your focus from yourself.

You are now acknowledging that life has given you many gifts both big and small and many reasons to awake with a smile.

Instead of feeling a sense of woe is me, with gratitude in mind and in your heart you feel a sense of I like this quote You know I actually have it pretty darn good!

Hope I posted this in the right spot I have to re read the above post with the links.

Peace lol. Jan

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less

stronger!”

This is a post by Maria Shriver. I thought you might enjoy reading it.

Someone once asked me, “What makes you feel loved?”
I took a beat and started wondering to myself, what, in fact, did make me feel loved?

What is that feeling everyone is searching for, reading about, trying to put into action and words? Was love presents under the tree? Or is love presence? Is love the undivided attention of another? Or is it just something that defies words? Is it the opposite of hate? And the more powerful of the two?

The question gave me pause because I was not raised in the language of love. As a young girl I read a lot about love and I’m a sucker for a great love story played out in film, but what actually made me feel loved? Not feel good, not feel happy — but loved? It got me thinking.

There is no doubt that love is a powerful emotion. It can come to you in words and in actions. At this time of year when we are all surrounded by stories of violence, terror and fear it’s important, I think, to take a moment and focus on the Power of Love.

Love of another. Love of a child. Love of friends and family.
Love is the antidote to the hate we hear so much about. Love isn’t weak it’s incredibly strong. It requires great strength to love. Love is what our world needs now more than ever. Love is also what we each need.

This week millions of people will be rushing around buying presents to express their love. I admit I love a good present and I love giving presents as well, but deep love doesn’t come in a box. It comes from a feeling deep in your soul.

Back when that question was posed to me I realize now that my answer at the time was a lot about being dependent on someone else to make me feel loved. Over time I have come to understand and to realize that the love one has for one’s self is actually the source of one’s power.

I didn’t grow up being taught the message to love myself. I grew up being taught the message: Go out and change the world. Do something to make the world better. I do believe that we can all do something to make the world better and I try to do my part as best I can, but I’ve also come to know deep in my heart that you will come up empty if you are only focused on the world without first loving and valuing yourself.

The world will never love you the way you can love you.

Fame can never fill the hole inside you, nor will money, a gift or another person. There is tremendous power in the love you have for yourself. I have come to learn that loving yourself, caring for yourself, nurturing yourself is not selfish, it’s kind, it’s healthy, it’s compassionate, it’s nurturing and above all, its healing.

Loving yourself calms your anxiety, calms your fears. If you love and value yourself, you won’t tolerate people who don’t do the same. If you love and value yourself, you won’t look to another for your worth. If you build a foundation of love within yourself, that love can actually change the world.

The truth is, I would never have written this had my parents been alive. I know they both loved me dearly and I loved them deeply, but my mother, a tough advocate for social justice, would have thought that talk of loving one’s self was weak, needy or selfish. In fact, I remember sitting with both of my parents one day telling them about a friend who had just bought himself a loft and that he’d described his life in his first apartment like “being on a honeymoon with himself.”

I remarked to my parents how sweet that was. Before I could finish my story both my parents were all over me. “Who was this friend?” they asked. “What a ridiculous thing to say,” they said. “What kind of person would say such a thing?” they wondered out loud. “He must be so selfish,” they reasoned.

Needless to say I have never told this story again until now, and I do wish I could repeat that moment with them. I’d love to ask them, what makes them feel loved. I’d love to ask them whether anybody talked to them about loving themselves. Because I do think the feeling of being in sync with yourself can make your heart feel full. And it can give you the foundation and strength you need to walk out into this rapidly-changing world that at times can feel pretty scary and brutal.

This holiday season, I want my children to know that they are deeply loved, but I also want them to know it’s important for them to love, value and care for themselves as well, because what the world really needs is more people who go out into it from a place of abundance and not scarcity, who go out into the world with self-esteem as opposed to looking for the world to externally validate them. I know, because I’ve done both.

If you truly understood what loving yourself felt like and meant, if you truly understood the power of that act, you would want to share that with the world and you would see firsthand how healing that message is.

So this holiday I hope you spend some time nurturing, caring and being kind to you. If you want to envision it as a honeymoon with yourself, even for a moment, go for it. If you know what love feels like, you can give it to someone else with strength and conviction. It doesn’t cost a dime. Love is free and it’s the most precious gift in the world.
I hope this holiday you feel loved and I hope you give the gift of love to family and to friends with your time and your presence. There is nothing more priceless, nothing more powerful.

With love,
maria

Maria I love that the part where it says so true love comes from the deep part of your soul. A great read thanks at a appropriate time too. I really enjoyed that.

Lol leave. Jan

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less

stronger!”

Gratitude is an attitude something I have read again wish I could find these books the thing is I have so many self help etc books in my basement now.

You might even come up with things you don’t have or for me situations I’m glad I’m not in anymore. Gratitude can enhance your level of contentment even reduce stress and make you a happier person naturally. It can give you the fulfillment to speed up your process to success.

One of the best ways I read to be more grateful and enjoy your life is by realizing what or whom to be grateful for. Lol peace jan

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less

stronger!”

I am grateful for having a full functional brain sound weird I know but I ran a support group for the mentally challenged for eight years and learned a lot since closing it I look back and feel very grateful for my stable mind.

My family is small just a few of us but I’m terribly loyal and grateful for them. I also I guess feel unity here as a family of sorts even though I am not a regular yet u all are so very welcoming. I am grateful and feel blessed for that now with my tablet I can make it here more. I get caught up with my art of wood carving but again as I said before I need to communicate more and on a positive level as it is here.

I’m grateful for being able to provide a feast for Christmas dinner where as in other countries people have to actually beg for food.

I really like these topics. Thanks all. Lol peace always Jan. Hugs

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less

stronger!”

Hi Jan…welcome back! wonderful posts!!! So glad to read them & see you posting from your beautiful heart(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I am very grateful for the winter solstice, which is happening now.
This is when the earth has the longest nights and its shortest days, as the sun travels north.

This year, it takes three days.

The rising of the sun on the winter solstice has great spiritual symbolism. At its core, it is the birth of the sun, both universally and personally… the period of greatest darkness before the risen sun. It is also symbolic of gestation, of giving birth, of newness of LIFE.

It overlaps with the story of creation, “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the water, And God said “Let there be light“and there was light And God saw the light, that it was good and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night, and the evening and the morning were the first day.

In response to abraham’s post:
Hi Abraham(: Does the idea of appreciation work better than gratitude for you? I saw video somewhere… and I posted it somewhere lol that speaks of both. I’ll look for it today(:

Here’s to a wonderful holiday season(:

In response to abraham’s post:
In response to ‘Just’ For Me’s post:
In response to Robert’s post:

found the post I was referring to which works a bit with things Robert was sharing … I posted this on a thread titled I Appreciate at one time…and it had assisted me(:

on appreciation versus gratitude.. (1) this guy did spell out what I was experiencing (2) Here’s another one -Abraham material (:

Thanks ((((AppreciationView)))) you have made me feel very welcome. You have lifted my morning with a extra smile. Good day to you. Lol peace. Jan hugs

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less

stronger!”

Hi ((((Abraham))))

I desperately want this to come out the right way.

First of all u are very worthy we all are. Gratitude can be felt by someone else but as well you can feel gratitude appreciation I believe how you put it for yourself too. By the things you do for others or by trying to bring happiness to your life or others.

Please trust when I say you are very much appreciated just by being you. Gratitude doesn’t come easy it is very hard to appreciate especially if and when we are going through rough times for me when I hit an obstacle now it took a while but as they say practice makes perfect. After trying to look at the good things which is very hard wen struggling and thinking u r not worthy try to focus on those ever so small things that bring a little light to your life

If you drink coffee wen it is brewing enjoy the smell be grateful u have that cup of coffee choose little things dig deep inside and think of wat u have and try and see how you would feel if you didn’t have those little moments or things you enjoy.

I hope this isn’t out of line or off base but your words struck me hard not feeling worthy I have been there you are worthy make that an Affirmation as I see you here and we all are worthy even if it is of the smallest thing.

I don’t work and for quite a long time I felt worthless it isn’t about that. Please I hope this did help some. Thinking of you Abraham. Lol peace. Jan. Hugs

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less

stronger!”

The benefit I receive with gratitude in my life is being more on the level of others it makes me think of others feelings appreciation to them for even the smallest things even like a smile or greeting to me when grocery shopping or wen someone just smiles or vsays have a good day to me in passing. I have noticed I have been doing quite a lot of that since I started my gratitude journal a year ago.

I went grocery Sunday the cashier look so down so I decided to strike up a conversation with her. Such a young soul looking so sad I couldn’t help myself I told her no worries I will bag them I got her to talk bout her ho!iday etc I had a lot of stuff I didn’t go for a couple weeks by the time I left I seen her face smiling and just a little more light in her eyes it made me feel very good.

I think I will try to get in her lane when I go for now on. Helping others is a wonderful gratification and can lift the focus off of your own troubles and like I said in return I was leaving I even felt better and some gratification.

Just thought I would share. Lol sisters and brothers. Jan. Hugs

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less

stronger!”

Hi Jan, your wonderful posts on appreciation reminded me of these affirmations by Paramahansa Yogananda

Beginning with the early dawn, I will radiate my cheer to everyone I meet today. I will be the mental sunshine for all who cross my path this day.

I form new habits of thinking by seeing the good everywhere, and by beholding all things as the perfect idea of God made manifest.

I will make up my mind to be happy within myself right now, where I am today.

“How to Be Happy at Will,” Man’s Eternal Quest by Paramahansa Yogananda

much love, “Just” For Me aka AppreciatingView, aka SelfCare

In response to ““Just” For Me’s post”:http://bmindful.com/forum/thread/7691/happiness-meeting-112515stop-by-anytime#post111934:
In response to “jan4jam’s post”:http://bmindful.com/forum/thread/7691/happiness-meeting-112515stop-by-anytime#post111928:
I just re-read all the posts from this thread and I feel so at peace, happy and appreciative of all our wonderful members in Bemindful. Our community is a wonderful place for sharing, caring, supporting, and nurturing positive outcomes for each other. I also want to recognize all our members and guests that read posts and our forum threads. Their lives can not help but be positively affected by our heart-felt concern and love we spew out into the world.

Hi ((((poppy)))). I love the last sentence you wrote very emotional well put I feel the same way. Lol always sis. Jan

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less

stronger!”

Hey ((((just for me)))). I consider your response a high compliment for you give so much of yourself here u inspire me and also reminded me many many times when I would just come and read that positivity can be achieved I had it rough a while ago but read every word you said. Lol sis. Jan

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less

stronger!”

You know some times especially with Depression I don’t want to say the S word but to be grateful happy that I’m still alive. I don’t think people consider this some times unless hit with a tradegy close to them then of course we all reflect but we should always be grateful we are alive.

I remember one of my friends I was teen ager same age died in a car accident. Since that time I count every new day as a little bonus. Each day you can be happy that your still alive and you still have time to do things

You know what I was just thinking about thank God for the internet I’m quite grateful for it for without it I wouldn’t be able to communicate with you all and with my physical challenges now and anxiety issues I don’t get out much.

I seriously think some times wow look how far we come. Look at how much information I can absorb and at the touch of my finger I can log on and find healthy ways to help me along medically. I have learned a lot and with the support here even though I have bounced back and forth and the support of other support groups I feel utterly graterful and blessed to have here to come to.

And of course thankful to whomever is keeping this community up and running please anyone who knows how to contact this person send MY GRATITUDE along to him or her it was long ago I recall Lee. You know I have run a Mental Health community for nine years now and I tell ya it isn’t easy. So thank you to whom ever you are I am blessed and much thanks to all your hard work.

Lol peace hugs to all u and whomever the owner and the Administration and Moderators here I know the time you put in and it is graciously appreciated and if you ever need assistance I would be more than happy to lend a hand I have a lot of time on my hands now with my physical issues and have the knowledge of the runnings no pressure I’m sure you get this a lot but I’m here is all if and when you may have a need. Graciously to all. Jan

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less

stronger!”

Perspective from an old book I looked up they no longer have and my title page actually half the book is wripped I got it at a garage sale years ago. OK

Perspective. Obviously things won’t always go your way. However gratitude isn’t an emotion that is reserved for those moments when you get what you want. When things go wrong you can use the power of gratitude to release some of the negative emotions that you may be feeling due to the failure or set back that you just went through, experienced.

After a negative event put things in perspective by remembering that every difficulty carries with in it the seeds of an equal or greater benefit.

Ask yourself the following questions?

What is good about this?
What can I learn from this?
How can I benefit from this?
Is there something about this situation that I can be grateful for?

That’s about it from this book wish I had the title its like twelve years old. But all in all I thought this was a great source. Lol peace and always brothers and sisters. Jan hugs

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less

stronger!”

This is a great idea one of my therapist told me about a while ago. Write a gratitude letter it can be to anyone a friend , grandmother, brother, sister, etc.

It doesn’t have to be long but be specific how this person had affected you. Just a suggestion. 😀

Also if the person lived near by and you don’t have to mail it bring it in person again just a suggestion its up to u how you want to send it if u are interested in doing it.

Another idea is u can go for a walk and see how many positive things you might see.

Also I really like this one below.

It’s called a Gratitude Trigger. Triggers don’t have to be bad things. For example if u have an area at home where you read a desk with your computer on it for work or what have you put a plaque or sumthing there in that space in your view that says. Thank You. It will be a positive focal point.

Also a Welcome mat so wen you come home it reminds you to be grateful. These ideas have helped me these last above ones.

Hope this has helped some its from my old therapy appointments I found my journal from four years ago actually a couple I have quite a few ideas from my therapist Roxanne if u want me to post the ideas like the ones above please let me know? Don’t want to post things nobody gets an interest in or sum thing not appropriate related to subject at hand ?

Lol sisters and brothers. Peace hugs. Jan

Sorry for typos trying to check as I go getting use to this tablet touch screen key board.

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less

stronger!”

I went for a walk this olderr man I see a lot always alone and has his head down as if looking at his feet or I suppose looking at the ground my heart just dropped.

So yesterday I seen him with his little dog and I happen to be walking Brutus my two year old pug so I thought hmm we have something in common I have anxiety so I do not usually strike up a conversation with strangers but my heart I just couldn’t walk away from his lonely demnior. So I said hello from across the street while approaching I said in an upbeat voice and how are you and your little man today his dog had on a blue sweater.

Oh boy I felt so good by the time I reached him his face was so bright with a smile I asked him how his holidays were etc talked mostly of the dogs and they were checking each other out. He seemed so bright while I walked off I happen to turn around while walking away and I just had such a huge grin on my face my goodness he was walking away with his head up not at the ground.

See just making a small effort into someone else’s life can really lift your own. And what a wonderful feeling of gratification lifting the focus off of myself did for me. Thought I would share.

Hope this belongs here. Lol brothers and sisters hugs. Jan

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less

stronger!”

This sounds like a wonderful experience for you both. You did make a positive difference in his life. And please never be concerned where you post on this forum. Your words and wisdom will always find itself to all who need to hear.

Thank you ((((poppy)))) you are very kind I just want to make sure to pay attention and post to the proper threads according to topic.

I enjoy reading your postings very much so very inspiring. I feel blessed to be a part of this community.

And yes it was a great experience for myself as well. It has been very cold out so I imagine he is as well not out walking. I hope to run into him again such a gentle soul ya know. I just realized we didn’t exchange names. Another day there’s always tomorrow.

Lol. Jan peace

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less

stronger!”

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content