login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Advocacy and Change

Hi bminders!

One of the things that seems to be my road in life is helping to make changes by advocating for certain issues or people. Here in California is a great housing crisis. Besides houses going in to foreclosure there are thousands of people who are homeless. Many of them are seniors and veterans. I made friends with a lady in the doctors office who had fallen in the street she didn’t know how to get home so I gave her a ride. She is 68 and her mother is 99. The owner of the house they are renting is cruel and likes to scare them.

It really really makes me angry to see someone take advantage of innocent people or anyone. This man happens to also be a relative. The house they are living in was given to them by their uncle who was unmarried and had no children. He use to ask a nephew to help him once and awhile. The uncle passed away first. Suddenly the nephew had the ladies sign documents they knew nothing about.

It looks like those documents made the nephew the owner. Since there is a law here that states no one can make you sign anything if you do not speak, read or understand the language I found an organization who is going to check on this document. The document will not be legal if this is true.

The nephew wants them both out in 60 days so he can get more rent money until he sells the house. This will leave them homeless or put in a convalescent home. These ladies are already disabled and feel so helpless. So I called Elder Abuse and found out certain information that will find out what documents the lady signed and if it was valid at all it will put a halt on selling the house.

If what they said is true the house must be given back to them and the nephew fined. It is so important to help as many people as we can this way little by little great changes occur.

“One man can make a great change”

Peace,
Mary

Good work, Mary!

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content