login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Your Power Hour

Laurie’s thread on balance has inspired me. What if we took an hour out of our hectic lives (ok, in reality, it may be ten minutes) every day and dedicated it to ourselves for growth or personal development??? How would you spend it? In meditation? Massage? Bubbly Tubby Time (hot bubble bath is what I had in mind, but maybe champagne is your thing)?

What do you think would improve in your life if you dedicated just one hour a day to yourself? Do you think this downtime would actually make your life easier?

What would you do in your Power Hour? Let’s Chat! :)

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Lie in my hammock between two palm trees reading a book or…
When it warms up a quick swim in the ocean, maybe I’d learn to surf then it would be a quick early morning surf or…
Cooking for pleasure without any time pressure…

Sounds like a holiday, yes that’s it, wouldn’t it be good to treat every day like a holiday, can one switch into a brief holiday-mode for 1 hour or even ten minutes? I’ll need one powerful affirmation for that!

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

Hi MM! Spending time on yourself every day is actually an inventment with a huge payoff. Spending time on yourself, be it quiet time, journaling, learning something new or whatever actually reduces chaos and “creates” time for you. You will be a more balanced, centered, and effective person. You, your family, and your job will all benefit. Take two hours and call me in the morning.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I like the idea of it being TEN MINUTES. I have recently bought a new workout video for TEN MINUTES target toning that basically has no excuses for me. Ten minutes before morning shower – ten minutes straight after work – how can that be hard.??? There are five target areas each in ten minute workout ‘snacks’!

I guess this should be written in the exercise thread, but hey!
Its definitely a power thing for me as I recently lost motivation to workout – even though I am always motivated with my diet. The workout benefits as outlined in so many threads here on bmindful have made me realise that I must make time….
For example
This is my first step to getting back on track – so more power to me through muscular strength if not anything else!

A full and thankful heart..

In response to anoushka_f’s post:
10 minutes I like. For me, sometimes it’s just 3 sets of 15 of something->which is less than 10 minutes.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Ok, I’ve decided to create something out of this. :) It’s called “A Date with ME”. One night a week, I am going to be completely selfish and do something that is related to either mind, body or spirit. For example, if I decide to have a date with myself dedicated to body, I might go get a massage. If it is spirit, maybe I will commune with nature. No excuses and no guilty feelings!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I love this and I try to do this everyday, during this time with me I usually find myself writing, getting what I am feeling down on paper. I also like to do my EFT’s, my affirmations and visualizations. I think everyone needs to take time for themselves. How else are we ever going to find out who we really are. Meditating Mama I think you have really hit on something here, good job.

If you have a minute, could you please check out my website and tell me what you think. I have just put it up, and I need a few experts to give me a review tinyurl.com/nqyjso no www before it.

Live Well, Laugh Hard; Love Big.
Roxanne

Attitude Life Coach, helping others to see the Power of a Positive Attitude with Affirmations and Gratitudes, Learn to be The Creator of Your Life.

In response to rockswealth’s post:
Very Nice site(: I sent you an email(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

You site looks GREAT Roxanne!

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Cool site. It is very tough to build a website, but it is a very exciting task that never ends!! I’m sending you an email… :)

My power hour would have to be an hour fill of sensual massage from head to toe, I always giving, would be nice to receive.

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

In response to Pure Essence’s post:

OH YA, Pure Essence!!!

In response to Mediatingmama’s first post,

I meditate at least an hour a day. It has been the single most important thing I do for myself. It costs nothing and it keeps me balanced. I have been meditating for years and I am worth every minute of it. This hour has definitely made my life easier. It has changed my personality for the better. I am almost always calm, relaxed and having fun. Others tell me I am especially calm in a storm, and very patient. It puts me as ease with the world. when you are right with yourself, you can be right with others!

There are 24 hours in a day, give yourself one of them every day. You deserve every minute of it as well!

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

Hi everybody,

My Power Hour would be a weekly affair wherein I would go in for that traditional massage followed by home made scrub and a lesiurely bath. All this for the body and the meditation will follow this so that the soul is also pampered.
I do know this takes more than an hour but i would call it an hour so that I do not feel guilty.
Well, I have to do this for myself so that I can do more for others.
world is good if you are feeling wonderful.

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content