login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★New Thought -Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Ella Wheeler Wilcox(1850-1919)

The Creator makes no mistakes. There is a divine purpose in your being on earth. Think of yourself as necessary to the great design. It is an inspiring thought. And then consider the immensity of the universe and how accurately the Maker planned it all. Ella Wheeler Wilcox

The New Thought is a science, the Science of Right Thinking. But the brain cells which have been shaped by the old thoughts of despondency and fear, cannot all at once be reformed. It will be a case of “Try, try again.”

Make your daily assertions, “I am love, health, wisdom, cheerfulness, power for good, prosperity, success, usefulness, opulence.” Never fail to assert these things at least twice a day; twenty times is better. But if you do not attain to all immediately, if your life does not at once exemplify your words, let it not discourage you.

The saying of the words is the watering of the seeds. After a time they will begin to sprout, after a longer time to cover the barren earth with grain, after a still longer time to yield a harvest.

If you have been accustomed to feeling prejudices and dislikes easily, you will not all at once find it easy to illustrate your assertion, “I am love.” If you have indulged yourself in thoughts of disease, the old aches and pains will intrude even while you say “I am health!”

If you have groveled in fear and a belief that you were born to poverty and failure, courage and success and opulence will be of slow growth. Yet they will grow and materialize, as surely as you insist and persist. Declare they are yours, right in the face of the worst disasters. There is nothing that so confuses and frustrates misfortune as to stare it down with unflinching eyes.

If you waken some morning in the depths of despondency and gloom, do not say to yourself: “I may as well give up this effort to adopt the New Thought — I have made a failure of it evidently.” Instead sit down quietly, and assert calmly that you are cheerfulness, hope, courage, faith and success.

Realize that your despondency is only temporary; an old habit, which is reasserting itself, but over which you will gradually gain the ascendancy. Then go forth into the world and busy yourself in some useful occupation, and before you know it is on the way, hope will creep into your heart, and the gray cloud will lift from your mind. Physical pains will loosen their hold, and conditions of poverty will change to prosperity.

Your mind is your own to educate and direct. You can do it by the aid of the Spirit, but you must be satisfied to work slowly. Be patient and persistent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ella was born November 5, 1850, in the village of Johnstown, Rock County, Wisconsin. Her parents were Marcus H. Wheeler, and Sarah Pratt Wheeler, with three older children they had followed, “Grandsir Pratt” from Vermont in 1849The fact that ***her ideas were rooted in the truth of New Thought meant that her column provided a powerful podium for the dissemination of these important ideas during a time of progressive transformation.*** Her book Poems of Power is deeply informed with New Thought ideas and she wrote an essential book in the canon of New Thought called The Heart of New Thought
Through her work as a columnist New Thought found a forum through which the masses and intellectuals of her time could profit by her insights and transform their lives. Whereas publishers such as Elizabeth Towne were reaching many people who were favorably disposed toward intelligent insights. Ella was able to bring New Thought to the often closed minds of readers who shared the mass karma common to so many normal people
Divine Library
taken from a thread I had contributed and deleted.

quote-the-truest-greatness-lies-in-being-kind-the-truest-wisdom-in-a-happy-mind-ella-wheeler-wilcox-52-43-45.jpg

you-may-choose-your-words-like-a-connoisseur-and-polish-it-up-with-art-but-the-403x403-nkevve.jpg

7c1aa71a20847447037e6deb43d9bcb1.jpg

2b5ec02bfb223bf3bcfb6c8cdab4045a.jpg

9c3152a487d787898d5ec4f052233da4.jpglove-lights-more-fire.jpg?v=1

ella-wheeler-wilcox-writer-all-love-that-has-not-friendship-for-its.jpg

“We flatter those we scarcely know,
We please the fleeting guest;
And deal full many a thoughtless blow,
To those who love us best.” 

“It is easy to be pleasant when life flows by like a song, but the man worth while is the one who will smile when everything goes dead wrong. For the test of the heart is trouble, and it always comes with years, and the smile that is worth the praises of earth is the smile that shines through the tears.” 
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzrdi0KV2A8h9Cl-qy3zQUAYsnsy8-vUpbTnJmgFHdAOsdXTWJ
5d72cda2745abe02a4d684561f1d2ebc--insight-great-quotes.jpg
36878d1c9c47668f71e33a6d4f64ff4b.jpg?w=660

63b348e40147b8f1859c8dbfe10b496d--nice-quotes-random-quotes.jpg

Image result for joy quotes ella wheeler wilcox pic

.Image result for joy quotes ella wheeler wilcox pic

Related image

Related image

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Quite remarkable woman who at the time was so far ahead of her time or maybe she was right in her time or behind her time. My mind is coming to believe the things she spoke of are universal truths. Laws of nature that have eluded people for ages. And thought that still eludes present day man. We have what we think we have—-what we say we have.

To me this illustrates the duality of thought and belief. If you believe yourself poor in your thoughts and acts, you will create poverty in your future. If you believe yourself kind in your thoughts and acts, you will create kindness in your future.

Can life be this simple and complex at the same time? Happiness, Health, Sickness, Poverty, Wealth all within our thoughts and acts, our intentions?

I firmly believe the missing factor in my above evaluation is something we hesitantly speak about and that is Spirit. That Spark, that breath of life God gives us. Every human, every creature, every known and unknown thing in the universe— a Higher Force, who I call God , has set into motion universal laws that govern —- the universe. She has given us free will. Choice to believe in love, goodness, evil, hate and to act accordingly.

Our thoughts are the seeds we plant for our future. The words we speak are the fertilizer, water, light, that bring our thoughts to fruition.

So by extension, when we have negative thoughts/beliefs we can cancel their growth by NEVER speaking them and giving them fertile soil to grow. And by the same token, we can grow positive thoughts/beliefs by FREQUENTLY speaking them. These are our Positive Affirmations!

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

In response to Poppy’s post:
So resonated perfectly & wonderfully expressed. Thank you(:

I firmly believe the missing factor in my above evaluation is something we hesitantly speak about and that is Spirit. That Spark, that breath of life God gives us. yes!!!

• ~

•  I am a Spark of God. My essence is Divine. by Tamar Frankiel
  • Enthusiasm is not an emotional state. It is a spiritual commitment, a loving surrender to our creative process. Enthusiasm – from the Greek, filled with God’ – is an ongoing energy supply tapped into the flow of life itself. Julia Cameron
  • ~
    To me, it reminds us (with the idea of Spark) there is Something Greater…Something More….and we can tap into the more, by allowing and opening from our hearts… in ways that are personal to each of us. Though the reminder alone is a gift… and everyday we can go from the mental reminder to the spiritual being, and see each other as the loving growing wonderful beings we are in each and every moment…when we are open to this.

Love this too: we have negative thoughts/beliefs we can cancel their growth by NEVER speaking them and giving them fertile soil to grow. And by the same token, we can grow positive thoughts/beliefs by FREQUENTLY speaking them. These are our Positive Affirmations! Beautiful! & thank you(:

added this one in 10-31-2017 

card3.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

...love moves the world along.

Ella Wheeler Wilcox

“And the smile that is worth the praises of earth is the smile that shines through the tears."

Ella Wheeler WilcoxDid-you-wish-the-world.jpg

We must train the mind to reject the brood of despondent, resentful,
fearful and prejudiced thoughts which approach it, and to invite and
entertain cheerful, broad and wholesome thoughts instead, just as we
overcome false tones and cultivate musical ones in educating the voice
for singing.  When we once realize that by driving away pessimistic,
angry and bitter thoughts we drive away sickness and misfortune to
a great extent, and that by seeking the kinder and happier frame of mind
we seek at the same time success and health and good luck, we will
find a new impetus in the control of our mental forces.Ella Wheeler Wilcox

If you have groveled in fear and a belief that you were born to poverty and failure, courage and success and opulence will be of slow growth. Yet they will grow and materialize, as surely as you insist and persist. Declare they are yours, right in the face of the worst disasters.  There is nothing that so confuses and frustrates misfortune as to stare it down with unflinching eyes.

Ella Wheeler Wilcox

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content