login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★The L- Word

How do you see love as a vital element of all you are and all you do?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I think love is a very important element to what we do in life.
Love of the self gives us faith and confidence in ourselves to achieve our goals.
If we are doing something we love then we will give 100%.

For me personaly learning to love myself is a work in progress and I practice by saying affirmations in my head each day and being as positive as I can.

Also something which Ive learned for Louise Hays book THE POWER IS WITHIN YOU is that if you think loving thoughts towards others those thoughts will come back to you. the opposite is also true so its much better to come from a place of love.

enjoy life!

In response to best78’s post:
Yes I thoroughly agree. I have had to exercise this, sometimes gruelling task at work. Often, if I need to bite my lip over a comment, incident or action that I dont entirely agree with or that seems hurtful I will send a loving blessing to that person. Slowly but surely it has worked in bringing the love back to me. At home also, the same technique applies. If someone is rude to you – send love their way, to brighten up whatever’s inside them to have made them say that in the first place. You will feel better for it…. which is better than feeling hurt – which only hurts yourself at the end of the day.

Offerring criticism is often hard, but if done with love it can be constructive. The person goes away feeling warm fuzzies because you helped, rather than resentful that they were ‘told off’.

A full and thankful heart..

I think Sonia would have some good ones for this thread….??
Where are you Sonia?
I particularly like the visualisation Sonia shared with me on my profile about embracing and giving love to Mother earth by visualising your arms around the world…
Please see my profile for this wonderful visual journey.
Its called meditation for excess energy…

A full and thankful heart..

I am so grateful for the Mom I had. Being a child, I didn’t analyze good things, I accepted them. My mom demonstrated an ongoing affection for life (large and small). She wore her heart on her sleeve, and never let it wear out, just kept renewing it with more and more (with mostly successful) attempts at loving the world. I saw her world as a track race with destination -life, and mode of getting there ->love.

So grateful for that/her. Everyday she taught me life was an inner party. If someone was nasty, it did bother her->though her main thought was they must really hurt, or maybe something she had done was misinterpreted or unintentionaly hurtful. She was quick to try to understand and or make amends or do a kind deed.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

If only everyone realized how important love is……
Love for yourself, for God, for everyone – no matter who they are, where they’re from, what they do…
It seems that as a society, we are so eager to pass judgement, and forget about the fact that we are all children of God!
For example, the new guy at work is a bit odd, and to be honest can be annoying. At lunch today, a few of the guys were complaining about him and the fact that he always has something to say, about everything… I said he seems like a lonely guy, to which the response was “you think?” as if it was too obvious. I said that I feel sorry for him, and the response was “I don’t!”
It’s just too bad that people are like that – quick to pass judgement and decide to like or dislike others!
I mean, God made us all different and it takes all types to make the world go around…

Love is the most important part of our existence. everyone needs love. Love can do wonders…. ever heard of plants growing better, animals coming to greet you softly, a baby becoming quiet in mother’s lap…. This is love.
The world may have nuclear weapons for mass destruction but nothing can destroy the love we care to carry in our hearts.
The amount of love we share with others comes back to us, manifold.
The world is full of people who are hungry for the love of fellow human beings,should love be denied to them?
If no, then what are we waiting for? Every time you step out just say a few words of love(silently) to those you feel desrve it the most. The criteria for deciding who needs our love most is … who expects it least. Try it , your life will be filled with amazing wonders!!!
And when ever we enter our homes we must share our love with all our family members.
Sometimes we take our loved ones for granted and forget to express ourselves. But it is as important as breathing is for our life!

Love, Love unconditionally and above everything else love yourself. If you dont love yourself then how can you love somebody else?

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

In response to SONIA’s post:
LOVE your post(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

‘Real love makes you see things as they are.’ I read it somewhere and started to think what is real love? The love I feel for

my parents- this love is many times tinged with ungratefulness. I take my parents for granted and expect them to be understanding and forgiving all the time.

my siblings- this love is tinged with jealousy. Why he/she has more of this, that…. Why didnt she ring up to ask how I was feeling? Why should they get more attention from our parents…….

my husband- Oh! I love him but why did he not share that his sister is going thru this this crisis? Why did he talk so sweetly to that other female, why is he giving so much time to his friends and work- where am I in his day’s schedule?

my kids-they are nice and mine but why dont they listen? I know best for them. Why are they keeping this company? why are they not wearing better clothes/hair/shoes…what is this fashion! Why dont they do their little chores themselves!! ….

my friends- I need them but on my terms. When I am down they should be around and understanding, but when they are down, well I am busy in my office and have loads of work to do…..

and the list continues. Is this love? Is this real?

When we can be true and transparent with our feelings only then can we love others unconditionally. When in today’s world we are living life in a conditional manner how can love be different?

Try it. Try making a difference with unconditional love. It is pure bliss. I have experienced this and am still learning.

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

old thread with loving thoughts  to revisit... Today is a good day for L word...

love is a  vital element of everything 

I love this:

cf4e0d25ed924737d4c261c5c9d153cb--spiritual-messages-religious-art.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

LOVE is who we are, it is where we come from and where we will return.  I am mindful of why I am here, to learn, live and love striving in all that I do to be a conduit of Love, thinking loving thoughts, exhibiting kindness and compassion to others. It is true "hurt people, hurt people", not everyone is accustomed to receiving kindness, something as simple as a smile or kind word can be foreign. It is my desire to leave a legacy of LOVE.  As Maya Angelou eloquently states:

quote-i-ve-learned-that-people-will-forget-what-you-said-people-will-forget-what-you-did-but-maya-angelou-0-84-85.jpg

So true Nancee...

And we give... because we are that love...come from love......love we have is truly meant to be shared.

We are loving beings...and love your thoughts. I love that your intention is to leave a legacy of love. No doubt in that!Thanks for sharing... 

d90ec4f1a7e0d7799f6ffd8bcb7041ea.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

This is a beautiful thread! I enjoyed reading all of the comments.

I agree, that love is one of our most basic needs. I believe that it provides us with our strength and our will to live and to persevere.

It is as fundamental as our requiring oxygen, sleep, daily nutrition, normal bodily function and safety.

Love is universal. People and most animals, and several plants all require love. The experience of love is substantive to belonging. Belonging is bedrock to safety, inner peace, peace of mind, self esteem, strength, confidence, being grounded in our truth and being able to give voice to our truth. 

When we have consistency in regards to primary relationships, we thrive in the safety net of being.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content