login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Yippee!10/7/15 Happiness Thread-Mtg Now!★

post 1

• ~
    It’s really simple…The only requirement is caring about yourself and others.
  • ~

Pop in anytime October 7,2015 during the meeting …and the day after…(due to different time commitments & time zone-consideration)

Announcement
Next Bmindful HappinessGroupMeeting
Please join us on October 7,2015 for our weekly (Free) Happiness Thread-Meeting. [meetings are every Wednesday] any questions? Ask for details…

• logo for meeting
  • ~
    Attention Community – So Be On Lookout… of The 4th Bmindful Happiness Group Meeting on October 7,2015 [links to previous meetings/and intro for this concept will be revisited/shared by SelfcareJoy]
  • ~
    I will be posting questions and topic the day before the meeting, so you can ponder the significance of these questions for YOU!
    All members welcome!
  • ~

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

post 2
links to previous meetings/and intro for this concept …soon to be placed here(:

I took the liberty in adding post numbers…hoping it will add ease(:
in process…
Last meeting-September 30,1915

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

post 3
Welcome to Your Happiness Meeting/Thread

The logo for this thread really resonates with me. “Be someone you want to be, not who you have to be. This is my response: There are so many cultural, and family expectations put on people that most of us take half our lives to truly understand who we are and what we want to be. In my case, it’s taken me more than half my life to realize I don’t have to be what others want me to be. This is a very liberating concept. As adolescents, we often rebel against our parents as we are trying to establish who we are. Then as young adults we often think we need to be like the “Jones” or “Smiths” or other rock stars. We gauge our success and happiness on how we match up with others. Then when we get a little older and wiser, we understand our success and happiness is determined by our own standards and self inflicted expectations. Finally, we realize we can better our selves by changing our thoughts about ourselves . Like Positive Affirmations?

Last week we discussed deepening our relationship with ourselves so that we could help others. This weeks topic is balancing our own self-care while giving to others.

We explored this last week but I don’t think we fully flushed out how to protect ourselves from running out of both physical, emotional, and spiritual energy.

We live in a busy world. Some days you might find it hard to fit in mundane things like eating and sleeping. We go about our lives on automatic pilot and struggle to get high priority items accomplished and then find ourselves exhausted. Too tired to do the hard work of personal growth, we tend to ignore the needs of the one person we can ignore, ourselves. We work so hard at meeting everyone else’s needs, we become unbalanced.

Questions:

1) How do you stay balanced meeting the needs of ourselves and others?

2) Have you set a sound foundation of self-care for yourself?

3) When is it a good thing to make yourself a priority over others?

4) What are the possible positive outcomes if you make yourself a priority?

5) Is it good to help others when they don’t want help but really need your help?

6) Are you as kind to yourself as you are to others?

7) Do you love yourself enough to take care of yourself?

see this post if this is to you…and/or ask about this… to edit your post to add and delete your responses over the next 24-48 hours-edit your post this way

• ——————————- Many members may have not have seen the questions…or choose to answer briefly. It’s all good. Just be you and answer the way that assists you best
    so lets share our stuff together for ourselves…and be there for one another(:

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

post 4
Looking forward to this!
intention -> Appreciating Self

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

post 5

I’ll mostly utilize the next post space to begin & continue to responding in…to these very personally reinforcing questions.

1. Have you set a sound foundation of self-care for yourself?** I will say yes, though it’s vital I give this attention daily for a truly needed progression.

And when I respond with this yes, what I’m saying at this time of my life… (quoting my personal favorite saying) -> I choose to love myself at least a hair more than any person, place or thing…so I am able to bring myself to the table, to feel worthy and able to be involved with all else.

Am I perfect at this..heck no!!!(: Though the mere decision to love myself causes me to create the next right thing. The perfection in the imperfection is…caring with joy

like with a beautiful child you absolutely love…and you didn’t give what you wanted one day…so you creatively demonstrate better better better with greater love…and find the joy in it all…even more(:

#4 What are the possible positive outcomes if you make yourself a priority?
When I come from this place, I feel receptive to the gifts of the universe…including the Giver…of life (my growing understanding and relationship to Something absolutely Greater Than Myself- The Creator…I choose to call God).

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#7 Do I love myself enough to take care of myself?
I absolutely do love myself, enough to take care of myself, and I love affirming that… (and again thanks for this focus)
#1) How do I stay balanced meeting the needs of ourselves and others?
I stay balanced in this area by understanding balance is a process, and living in the moment, asking myself where I am, how do I feel what do I need and want helps me be better at asking and being present for my spouse and checking my motives…well… with all I engage in. When I find I’ve skipped me…and jump into anything outside of myself…. Not coming from a heart place… loving and appreciating myself and others ….most always will then lead to a focus…which leads to another life lesson…to come back home to self (:

foundation includes many things and gets tweaked and revisited
a)creating and adhering to personal tools (including prayer,joyful r&r, affirmation, visualization, and types of meditation & reflection like writing lots b)health progressive interest/and maintenance in my nutrition and exercise …big to me!!! And the emphasis right now is an important value…‘means everything’. I try hard to ease back into things lovingly…if I’m slacking off in this area. It doesn’t help to get fed up for long… I won’t fib, it is a process…to come back to the kind of focus I need…_

• Example with my marriage people assume since I’m happily married for 35 years, that there is no ‘thought in it involved.
There is and footwork. The emphasis I communicated above, contributes beyond what I can express to this relationship which I’m so completely fond of. Respecting myself and my valued other…needs a level of awareness of myself, before addressing the needs of others…including the man I married & feel connected. the more I take care of myself…the more ease with all else. I get quite the wake up call…when I get out of touch with me(:
  • Recent example with this site there had been a lot of focus ….with energy toward Bmindful. If I want to enjoy and be a member here…beyond the role of moderator…I definitely need to accommodate my self-care; hence my name change again(: Putting moderator first,burn-out would be the result with having such a strong passion for our community hence…loving myself a hair more than everything I love and enjoy (:
  • Here’s an at work example …it can be very demanding there if I let it.
    I interact with a large number of people daily/servicing others.
    If I did not ground myself with being true ro myself…feeling worthy of a great day wouldn’t exist _ If I didn’t nurture myself, I wouldn’t even pray before I left the house. Why would I? If it is all about others…there is no you._

Though when there is basic foundation of self-care focus…true peace & joy within… occurs…and then natural to want to be of service joyfully just love others… _I cannot give or receive from from a place of lack

well that’s it for now…looking forward to hearing from others on the topic

I’ll include some related threads for reference much later(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

post 6
Once again Thank you Poppy for this focus and volunteering for this Happiness thread meeting(:
Thanks for posting these questions yesterday, that helped me get a nice start and begin to find words for this focus and desired practice(:

I agree everyone will focus…as much as they desire…and like we say…It’s All Good!(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

thanks for this Poppy

I am feeling overwhelmed ,chaotic ,muddled fuzzy head ,exhausted ,weepy ,and realise my self care is none existent

I have to go to work soon but hopefully on the train I can think about this ( as long as I don’t get weepy)

love ,hugs and peace

In response to flowergirl’s post:

It’s early in the discussion and I’m a little overwhelmed myself. SelfCareJoy has given us much to contemplate. And it is all good!

Love, Hugs, and Peace is what it’s all about and YOU deserve it.

MY STRATEGY TOWARDS PROGRESS,HAS USUALLY PRODUCED CLARITY OR A STEP TOWARDS PROGRESS,AS A RESULT THE CONTRAST FROM MISERY TO A SENSE OF
FREEDOM FROM THE REPETITIVE ACT OF SELF DESTRUCTION.
SINCE I UP UNTILL NOW HAVE BEEN AN INTROVERT I HAVEN’T USED EXTERNAL
ACTIVITY OTHER THAN A FEW THOUSAND 12 STEP MEETINGS,AS A WAY TO GET MY
LIFE INTO BALANCE.
ITS BEEN MY EXPERIENCE TO ADVANCE IN LIFE TO STOP DOING A DESTRUCTIVE
ADDICTION,WHEN IT REACHES THAT STAGE YOU MAY RELATE TO.
WHICH IS THE STAGE KNOWN AS (THIS USE TO BE A COMFORT AND A WAY OF
HAVING FUN…NOW THE THRILL IS GONE AND IT’S UNDENIABLY SELF ABUSE
PAIN AND MISERY)AT THAT JUNCTURE MY HISTORY HAS BEEN TO STOP THE HABIT
AFTER MANY RELAPSES FINALLY ACHEIVE THE GOAL,WHICH IS TO FREE MYSELF
FROM THE BONDAGE OF THE HABIT.
SO I USE THE PERSPECTIVE THAT IM NOT GIVING SOMETHING UP,THE TRUTH IS
IM RECEIVING SERENITY,CLARITY,AND A BIT OF WISDOM.
FOR ME ADDICTION HAS ALWAYS BEEN HARD TO CONQUER,AND EACH CHRONIC HABIT
WAS OVERCOME WITH A PRINCIPLE OR COMMITTMENT TO TRY AS MANY TIMES AS IT TAKES.ANYWAY THAT’S BEEN MY EXPERIENCE,IT’S A WAY OF CREATING FREEDOM
FROM FEAR AND BONDAGE.

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

Question # 1 How do I stay balanced…
I agree with SelfCare. Balance is a process not a destination. Even when we think we are balanced life events either big or small can trip us up and send us reeling. When we realize we are out of balance, like SelfCare it’s time to come back home to self.

In response to Lake Placid’s post:

So It sounds like you have had to be persistent at taking care of yourself. To free yourself up from fear and bondage. To choose serenity, clarity and wisdom. One of my favorite affirmations is: Today, I will concentrate on taking one step forward, however small.

Wonderful topic Poppy! I find question 5)Is it good to help others when they don’t want help but really need your help? truly resonates with me at this time. My BF of over 30 years is going through a challenge, her actions have created somewhat of a divide between us. I have reached out to her on numerous occasions, suggested things to uplift her spirit and change her focus. She has not been receptive. I have decided to “meet her where she is” and not place additional pressure on her. She knows I love her immensely and have offered my support, love and kindness. In the interim, I offer prayers, and words of encouragement which she accepts. I know when she is ready, she will respond. I am learning to love, respect and accept others.

Opps on time constraints, gotta run for Mass, I will return later :)

In response to Nancee1953’s post:

For me, this is a really hard question. I have struggled with it many times. The closer I am, the more the relation means to me, the more I struggle. I don’t think there is always a perfect way to proceed. Like you, I try to accept them, understand where they are coming from an listen with both my heart and mine. And in that order.

I had mentioned…when I shared in the wee hours (: Am I perfect at this… self-care…and said heck no!!!(:

I’d like to elaborate on this, the mere decision to love myself causes me to create the next right thing…And if my focus for myself hasn’t gotten the attention I’d like…I examine the whys for just a bit, without (too much) criticism for anything I’d label neglect. That is a waste of time…the sheer discomfort of not taking better care of me is enough of a message..to get back on track every time.

For example on my days off …I’ve set a space for the gym, and many other things. If that doesn’t happen…I ask myself if not now, when? And keep a joyful momentum…because not taking care of me will have slowed me down enough without berating myself. Part of self care is not to verbally abuse myself…and also not to become so complacent that better use of my focus wasn’t made. I try to find something good about everything I do…so before I know it…I’m joyously engaged iin my life..and all choices simply lead back to better care for myself…and it is helpful.

It is also helpful to share like this on a site which is meant to uplift..create affirmations, and speak to trusted good people who are on a similar path…with the desire to routinely take care of themselves(:
affirmations, affirmation videos and even joyful music can relax the shoulds and get back to desiring the best life…and defining and redefining that for myself.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hi flowergirl(:

In response to Poppy’s post:
Hi Nancee and Poppy, Good morning to you both(:

You had mentioned…. helping others when they don’t want help… I think this depends on person and circumstance.

be right back..
As a very very general rule, because we are all adults, believe it is important to ask permission to (continue) assisting. I say continue, because when you are a giver…most likely you’ve extended yourself already…and if it isn’t received with the goodness you intended…then something is not OK with the recipient. (and giving may need …a moment of letting go/prayer/meditation)

For myself when my hubby wants to jump in and help me…maybe I’m giving myself room to decide what direction I want to proceed with… and the brainstorming is coming at a time…where it is helpful for me to work it out on my own. Generally I love brainstorming…though there are times…I want to feel the challenge and get an answer on my own…and the same goes for him.

Though with others where that kind of communication hasn’t existed, I need to express what I’d like to assist with, and maybe the recipient will see if my kind of help will be as good for them as it is for me.

Most of my RAK …seem to have received well. Though on occasion, it made me happier than it made them…so I would leave myself with the idea….of it’s the thought that counts ….and remember the uniqueness/diversity of us all..in a good way(:

And prayer for the other person… doesn’t have to be announced and sending positive energy too…you already know…it’s not the least we can do…though an awesome thing…

So prayer is something we can always offer…and saying we’re doing it…is optional(: It’s all good(:

• ~
    If its OK, I’d like to share some thread links which may assist for this focus we’re on…for places to continue sharing beyond the meeting…in the interim.

thread This Moment Of Your Life

thread Simple Question On Unconditional Love which offers this video The Simple Question 4 min 56 sec video

In response to Lake Placid’s post:
Hi Lake Placid,
I’m hearing you better for your daily serenity… As you know sharing is good..and I too am glad you did.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to SelfCareJoy’s post:

SelfCare you make an extremely important point that I would like to reinforce. In my early undergraduate and graduate studies I worked with individuals with handicaps. Some in wheelchairs, some with impaired learning styles and some with a whole variety of disabilities. They all needed help with various things we all take for granted. And the one thing they all respected and wanted more than anything else was to be asked if they needed help. They needed, as we all do, to control themselves. To be able to choose their own path in their own way. For some, they wanted more help than they needed and for some, the struggle to help themselves was worth all their effort.

I love your example and the wisdom you applied with it… thank you.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Quote:

“ In the end, it’s not what others think, it’s what you think about yourself that counts.

You have to do what is exactly best for you and your life, not what’s best for everyone else.”

From the web – or cyberspace— I don’t have the exact citation.

Great feed back and sharing :) Reminds me of a quote by Wayne Dyer, “change the way you look at things and the things that you look at change.” We must be unconditionally open to both give and to receive to ourselves and others, it is all relative.

Welcome back Nancee.

You’ve got it. …unconditionally open to both give and to receive to ourselves and others…

:) Poppy, “that’s my story and I’m sticking to it”. I try to be totally open and filled with appreciation, and love for myself and to share with others according to their needs.

I like your story! Publish and it will be a best seller.

I really like 1) How do you stay balanced meeting the needs of ourselves and others? . I have learned through trial and error not to over extend myself. I am “a giver” and can actually give until it hurts. I now focus on achieving balance and harmony. I get the greatest since of satisfaction and accomplishment by being of service/assistance to others, but I can only do that when all is well with me. Thus I become a priority in order to be in position to be of assistance to others. Some of the things I do are eating healthy, exercising, getting adequate rest, taking time to pray and meditate. Ensuring I do my part to nurture all components, body, mind and spirit.

Nancee,

I am so glad you have posted about staying balanced. You seemed to pull it all together very well. I do most of the same things to stay balanced. I eat healthy most of the time, I exercise, I get adequate rest, and I meditate. The most important part of your post is your last sentence. I have focused on taking care of body and mind. I want to improve on spirit. Thank you!

I’ve returned to share a bit more…(:
To me, giving to others is enjoyable. I’ve learned a lot about prepping for the experience…a flow..if you will(:

I will utilize my hubby as an example… As well as we know one another, I do my best not to second guess him…
Giving is more like a gift…when both of us are brand new(: It allows freedom to be new in the moment. My goal has been to to see others more …with fresh eyes too…

With work-interactions too… much interaction and opportunity to give…And by seeing everything fresh..I only gain…

… sharing it here…it is reinforced…even more. Thank you again Poppy.

Fresh eyes…starts over …fresh(:

• ~
    enjoying everyone’s responses(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

A RANDOM RESPONSE TO THE ? OF BALANCE.
ONE OF THE VARIOUS WAYS OR TOOLS TO USE TO MAKING PROGRESS,IS THE
PRACTICE OF ME TAKING MY INVENTORY.INSTEAD OF JUDGEING PEOPLE
AND THINGS EXTERNAL TO ME,I PUT MY ATTENTION ON MY MINDSET AND WHAT I
COULD BE DOING TO MAKE PROGRESS HOWEVER SLOWLY.
SIMALAR TO WHEN WE LEARNED HOW TO RIDE OUR FIRST BIKE.THE FIRST THING THAT WE LEARN IS MAINTAINING PROGRESS OR BALANCE IS ACHEIVED BY KEEPING THE BIKE IN MOTION OR MOVING FORWARD,HOWEVER SLOWLY. SOUNDS SIMPLE BUT
IT REQUIRES PRACTICE,BECAUSE MOST OF US ARE CONDITIONED TO BELEIVE
PEOPLE,PLACES,AND THINGS EXTERNAL DETERMINE OUR SENSE OF SELF WORTH.
A FEW THOUGHTS TO PONDER.

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

In response to post above from What’s His Name: lol (:
Hi! I love the visual. SIMILAR TO WHEN WE LEARNED HOW TO RIDE OUR FIRST BIKE.THE FIRST THING THAT WE LEARN IS MAINTAINING PROGRESS OR BALANCE IS ACHIEVED BY KEEPING THE BIKE IN MOTION OR MOVING FORWARD,HOWEVER SLOWLY. SOUNDS SIMPLE BUT IT REQUIRES PRACTICE

Practice…even just fresh moments (a new now) … (starting fresh each moment/daily with new circumstances)…is a wonderful perspective. Thanks for that lovely reinforcement(:

I can feel what you’ve written…and your analogy…no pun intended is a moving one(: thanks for that. I know there was more about the illusion..principle…Though I’m enjoying this right now(:

• ~

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thanks for that acknowledgement.
Every so often my serotonin is in alignment.

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

Hello to All:

Hi Poppy,
Self Care Joy,
Flowergirl,
Lake Placcid
Nancee

Thank you all for all that you shared here today. I acknowledge you all, for what you shared and for where you are: with your self care and with others in your life.

This is another valuable topic: balance.

If I were to TRULY take on balance, then I better really start giving generously to my Self.

I have given much to many. Only newly, have I learned to give to my Self.

Like what Poppy was saying, it literally takes half of our life time to get to this lesson.

Many people, myself included, share this common experience and expression. When we finally “GET IT”, and suddenly, there is this paradigm shift where we totally start loving ourselves and taking care, taking action, making plans, enjoying, creating, generating newness, new eyes, experiencing life newly and making the precious most of our time and our willingness to expand our experience of the newness that we are wiling to create!

For me, its freedom from other people and their processes.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

For me, I am taking on a new experience…
I’ll call this bonding with my Self.

I have to ability to give to others, and to bond with them, and to preserve our shared confidences and conversations…

Now, I give this to my Self. I listen as if this is the first time that I can literally hear…
I need to listen carefully, if I am to fully set down all of the burdens of others that I can’t fully seem to set down.

I set them down, and I trust that I will immediately let go with total harmlessness.

Its ok to learn as I go… and as I let others go, a new me is just beginning to listen…

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.

• thank you for sharing Kathi for your own experience & for all who stop by.
  • absolutely love the bonding with self
  • all else related to the newness & freedom
  • and allowing others to have their own processes in the spirit of harmlessness…

In response to Poppy’s post: And Poppy..this has been a good thing…a really good thing… I know its not over yet, but felt compelled to say so. Thank you!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Kathi’s post:

Thanks for sharing a different perspective on bonding with yourself. I had never thought of it that way. For me it is a little different. I have always thought I was intentionally taking good care of myself. Nancee helped me to understand I need to do more than work on my body and mind. I like to think of self care as developing and nurturing a relationship. I do pretty good with my mind and body, but I need to nourish a better relationship with my soul. SelfCare Joy has also enlightened me in so many ways these last few weeks they are so many I can’t list them here. She has a way of saying the right thing to the right people at the right time. And yes it is okay to learn as you go.

Thank you Selfcarejoy and Poppy.

Its a truly new paradigm shift for me.
Totally new ground.
And, the timing is perfect.

It must be a constellation of things, coming into alignment.

Letting go of burdens, in order to take on new tasks and new living skills.

I am not aware of being emotional, but about an hour ago, I felt this shift,
and when I did, I was kind of shaking on the inside, kind of trembling, and I shed a tear or two.
Not because I was feeling emotional, but because I could feel myself exiting from a current emotional body. And that body is not right for me, its not who I am anymore.

For me, what I now see and understand about others and their processes, is just love and enjoy them.
Allow them their processes. Allow them to experience their path and their creations…
They are also here to grow and to have and to create so many experiences before the lessons truly are accomplished and mastered. Some times, it looks like failure and/or suffering. And, thats whats showing up…

Here are a few affirmations:

I trust others to love and care for their highest good.

I am a center for love.

Harmony surrounds me.

I willingly release all fears.

I am receptive to Divine Energy moving through all of my cells in my body.

I listen to God.

I listen to joy in life!

I see all that I create.

I have access to unlimited possibilities!

I accept my path.

these are great Kathi!

• just love and enjoy them oh yes! and all else…beautiful

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Yes, I do agree with you and Nancee – while there are wonderful actions selfcare does indicate… Tickling that soul-place and giving it life… allows desire for all else…

And …the biggy… Love. Love can then come from abundant place…where the well never runs dry.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thanks SelfCareJoy!

…and the biggy…Love.

Yes Love. Love of self in body, mind, and spirit.

The day is coming to an end for me. It has been such an enriching pleasure to to be a part of this loving, caring, nurturing community. A special thanks to all who have shared their heart-felt posts and to the many who might have been moved in a personal positive direction from participating silently in their own way.

Like we say, “It’s All Good.”

Thought I would post this short video.
Les Brown

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

I am safe inside myself. My soul is safe inside of me

I like this affirmation for having the courage to look inside and not distract myself

Thank you for your honesty and your courage!
I believe we all take back personal power when we allow ourselves self to tell our truth…

God knows, I have gone through a whole lot that was painful, it took a lot to heal and to surrender from. I understand pain and suffering. I understand that there is a purpose to all of this as well.

Personally, there are still parts of my life, involving my siblings where pain and suffering is alive and well. I get to choose my interpretation, and assign the value that this lesson provides in my life.

Those two things: interpretation and the assignment of value belong to me, and none other.

I let go, but I did it with harmlessness. The less I say, the better. I totally allow them whatever is showing up. For their indifference, for their lack of goodwill, for their unwillingness and for the absence of affinity and love, I allow them this. I can’t fix others. But I can love my Self, and I can make this the best day of my life!

It is evident this ‘meeting’ here and in many ways everywhere is still in progress(:

Words cannot express the gratitude and appreciation for the authentic wonderful sharing and community(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

When I allow myself to take back my power, by telling the truth(to myself) it is painful. I too understand pain and suffering on several levels. I know physical pain, mental anguish, and family suffering. You and I could talk trash about family until the cows come home.

You CAN make this the best day of your life. And so shall I!

I believe the only thing of value IS truth.

I am not, nor will I be stopped or put off by pain.
To me, “pain” is a symptom, but “pain” is not the source of the pain.
To me, what is valuable is access.

Earlier, Self Care had mentioned asking others for permission.
I strongly agree. Asking permission is the gateway. If we give permission to another, we are allowing that person to engage us in the very point of resistance.
Its the very point where we are attached to having a specific outcome.
We want “X….” and, its not happening.
And, a long list of consequences have happened: relationships get wounded, people pull back from relationships, love and affinity disappear, fear/pain/rejection/anger/resentment/impossibility/lack of trust/lack of relatedness—-all of this starts to exist.

One thing for sure is: that we all get to have the final say so in what is showing up in our lives. No one gets to impose these negative outcomes without our active involvement.

We definitely have a huge say so.

Telling the truth is where the rubber meets the road.

Providing access to others is allowing yourself to deeply trust yourself, and ultimately, to choose your Self over suffering.

Notice that the inner dynamic is nothing like this for the experience of joy.

Joy is universally alike! It looks and feels and sounds alike, all over the world! It is our pain and suffering, and the reasons for them that are unique.

When we address an area in our life where there is pain and suffering, we take back our center, and we take an active role in maintaining our well being.

We restore balance.

Valuable questions about pain and commitment:

Where in my life am I stopped right now?

What impact is this having on the rest of my life?

Is this what I am committed to? Am I committed to having “X…..” in my life?

If I am not committed to having “X…..” in my life, then what am I committed to?

great questions Kathi! I will focus on them in the course of my day(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I would like to focus a moment on pain, and the allowing of it… I like what you said, about it being just a symptom.

I’ve been thinking about that …and melding it with some Universal Laws we speak of…

I also feel it is something we can be a bit of an observer of…while we are releasing, and deciding what we’d like to experience (feelings included), and the actions one decided & willing to take to grow through things …rather than the act of simply going through them. Thanks for sharing questions, and the process you’re giving focus to.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Flowergirl, I love how you’ve affirmed…It’s a lovely thing for sure. Though, I’m sure you’re feeling it or you wouldn’t have chosen it(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content