login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Just Being Mindful(: 

There have been many strong views about what being personally mindful is…I guess I have a few of my own (smiles)…Though the biggest view I have is how …being mindful has commonalities with all…though the uniqueness of each of us…always wonderfully shines through.

And for today…(and anytime you’d like to share additions to this concept… (from your own perspective) please share(:

• ~
    Article Links related to mindfulness you may enjoy…in process
    Ellen Langer The Mindfulness Chronicles
    On “the psychology of possibility” [one of my favorite excerpts depicting how interpretations from ‘authority’ sound like ruling sources. Though…here is a source…that says question question question…
    “In medicine, we pretend that human biological responses are predictable, but they’re not,” says Deepak Chopra, M.D., who credits Langer with a profound influence on his thinking as a young doctor, and later as an author and lecturer on spirituality and mind-body medicine (see “The Chopra Prescriptions,” September-October 1989, page 22). “As doctors, we are trained and conditioned to look at the human body as a frozen anatomical sculpture,” he adds, “but you can have two patients with similar problems and medical histories whose outcomes will be totally different, depending on their own social variables and thinking.”

This, too, is Langer’s point, which she hopes both physicians and patients will heed. Doctors don’t know when a patient will die, they know only what studies of other people have told them statistically. A “terminal” diagnosis, she says, may be a self-fulfilling prophecy. No records tell how often doctors’ prognoses are wrong.

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    this thread was created in 2015…

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thank you for asking!

For me, mindfulness is self awareness. As you become more self aware, you also increase your awareness of others. In general, mindfulness causes people to become gentler and more compassionate, more forgiving, a softer heart that is more open than closed, and a mind that is also more open and flexible and releases all attachments and releases all suffering from the ego.

Mindfulness, to me, means being quiet, and listening. For me, I have learned to allow things to happen and not try to control events or people. Allow things to work themselves out for their greatest good. I have learned to let go, and give up the struggle! In exchange, I enjoy people more and I trust more, stress less…

Perhaps that name should be “mindlessness”! I’ve learned to empty my thoughts and be free more.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

This post makes me think of two distinct things. One is how we can completely forget about our “self” when we are completely absorbed in doing something and the other is how we can step outside ourselves and observe our own thoughts. We can contrast those two things with a mind that is not in a mindful state – the times when our mind is flailing about reacting to all sorts of things that get us out of balance.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to Kathi’s post:
I agree with you Kathi…arriving at that Perfect reserved innermost place inside, where each day… …which simply is… waiting for us to connect… allows…breathes freedom, and ease of intention…

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:
Thank you too SRWE.

Finding our own words for experience …so others comprehend is a gift.

Thank you both(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I stopped by to post a thought and got side tracked by sharing some of my bad poetry. It’s similar to Vogon poetry. (Some of you may get that.)

Anyway, I was trying to find a good thread to post this thought on and this seems like a good one to do that.

My thoughts were really very simple, but, maybe you’ll get something out of it. It is simply that most people are always either escaping from something or dreaming or wishing for something. Looking forward and backward are both well and good, but, when we are doing that we aren’t present. We are present when we are doing what we are doing. The escaping thing is inescapable and the wanting the next thing will never be quenched for most people. Acceptance of what is and doing what you are doing right now with what you have is probably more productive than spending too much time looking forward or backward. Learning from the past and planning for the future, of course, are important, but, so is being mindful of what you are doing right now and hopefully what you are doing right now has the occasional break for rose smelling.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to Kathi’s post:

should be “mindlessness”! I’ve learned to empty my thoughts and be free more.

I agree with you Kathi-well said. Also I think I have semi-mastered “Mindlessness” when I visualize my brain, I see only cob webs.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:

IT’S Not BAD Poetry!

…Acceptance of what is and doing what you are doing right now with what you have is probably more productive than spending too much time looking forward or backward…

YES!

Your thoughts are not simple. They are extremely complex. When you can Synthesize thoughts down into simple words or sentences, that are easily understood, well,—- Viola!

You’ve done it.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

I USE MY MIND WHEN I NEED IT,MOST OF THE TIME IT’S SORT OF IN STAND BY MODE.

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content