login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Getting out of a low self esteem 'rut'

Is anyone with me on this one…?
From time to time, confidence goes on a backburner, I feel a bit ‘less than’ and struggle to celebrate the good in myself. I may be working hard at my affirmations, feeling gratitude for the universe and all around me, but even still, at the back of my mind I am secretly putting myself down or picturing myself as beneath my true capabilities. Perhaps comparing with peers that have had different circumstances and different experiences and consequently feeling a lower sense of worth.

Does anybody out there struggle with self-esteem once in a while? We are all such wonderfully positive people – but are we always positive about ourselves? I feel I often forget to make myself a priority (I must re-visit that thread!) and unknowingly put myself last – like making my cup of tea last, knowing that there is barely enough water for me…

Its a temporary rut I am sure. Plus I know I am in the right place and asking for help from the right community. I’m sure you guys can offer great ways to get out of these lows. Any quick confidence boosting tricks? Or perhaps affirmations that work in the short term to get out of a rut? Is anyone going through this right now? How do you manage it?

I trust wonderful things will come of this thread – because after all, we ARE only human and this is a normal human emotion, right?

A full and thankful heart..

Anouska

Think of where you are in life – things that you’ve accomplished.
I’m sure that there are many people that you know, that you’ve grown up with who would envy you for what you’ve done.

Whenever I get into that “rut” and am being really hard on myself, that’s how I pull myself up.

There are always going to be people that have done more, or have gone farther in the world in some ways, but certainly you have done more, gone farther in other ways. Do you follow me?

I try to look to God, knowing that part of His plan was making us all different. Sometimes, you just have to accept that you are where you need to be right now, and you are who you are right now – and that’s o.k.

In response to BKW’s post:
In response to anoushka_f’s post:

I agree with you BKW about looking at what you have done in your life. In addition, I feel you needn’t look at times you weren’t equipped and didn’t do well (unless it serves you to do better) Look at the greats in life that failed many times before they made it. We only look at their trials as to what made them get to the “success point”.

I also agree w/BKW in re: to God, and his plan. Acceptance in where you’re at. We assess our moments in time by our own understanding. If you believe in something Greater than yourself, than you know our understanding is miniscule in comparison, and often not right (in respect to the Grand hindsight that awaits).

And we are all successes in God’s eyes. We are more than what we do. We need to stop using the wrong ruler to measure success.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to BKW’s post:
In response to laurie- does first things first~‘s post:
This is great you guys.
I thankyou so much for your support and wisdom. The answers were all within me, I just wasnt listening to my heart. Thankyou for pointing out what I already know deep down. Its great to have this support and reminders from like minded people – it stops me feeling alone in my thoughts and reinforces my beliefs.

Yes, I am a success in more ways than one. I have been through some trying times and I must never lose sight of the triumph that overcoming them was and still is. My positivity and gratitude towards others and God remains a primary focus, so therefore I choose to have that same respect for myself. As one of my dear bmindful friends pointed out to me, in order to give wholeheartedly and abundantly to mother earth and other beings you need to love and respect yourself 100%. (Sorry if I have misquoted Sonia!)
Also, to repeat BWK and Laurie’s most eyeopening words – ACCEPTANCE. It is such a happy medium to be in. Must go back and visit that place – its a gratitude place and I am very grateful- so so much, especially for my bmindful friends! ;o)

A full and thankful heart..

The Six Pillars of

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Happy birthday Jeff,
I randomly clicked on this thread,
found it intriguing.

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

…truly good discussion times, and great to see you Lake Placid.

& really liked that The Six Pillars -video Jeff!

its the end of 2017, and thought this would fit well here:

0c3374409259174c7b9da2bf93a5c40e--feeling-insecure-lifestyle-quotes.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to anoushka's post:

Anoushka always created inspirational down to earth threads!

Thank you for this one.

Who doesn't have a moment of some meaningful area in their life they question its advancement, improvement because of something we still to do, be or have.

Affirmations are always part of my awesome tool bucket!I-create-a-courageous-self-positive-affirmation.jpgI-create-myself-the-way-positive-affirmation.jpgrs=w:1300,h:800

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I-am-proud-of-myself-image-affirmation.jpgI-envision-myself-image-affirmation.jpgWith-my-goals-I-change-positive-affirmation.jpgMy-dreams-are-possible-positive-affirmation.jpgMy-self-esteem-amazes-me-I-feel-positive-affirmation.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content