login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Tipi

I love my tipi, thought I’d share it with you:

Freya

Focus

WOW Freya! Is this a permanent thing or do you put it up when you need it?

Do you use it for camping or ceremonies etc? It’s beautiful!

I love the dream catchers too!

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

I love your tipi! And I’m not implying anything when I say this, but…

I saw a documentary recently where some Native American Indians performed a traditional peyote ceremony. They had a tipi and had a fire inside much like your picture.

The ceremony was very spiritual, it sent chills down my spine. Apparently at the time it was the only traditional peyote ceremony ever to be recorded. From memory they were helping a young woman who had an alcohol addiction. This ceremony reportedly cured her completely.

Prior to the ceremony they had to cleanse themselves by going into a sauna they had built under the ground, apparently it gets so hot in these saunas that if they don’t chant then they pass out.

A fascinating documentary, I believe it was about a botanist explorer although his name escapes me.

Very interesting stuff!

Lee – I use it when I go camping. My little Mazda 121 carries 5 metre bamboo poles on it! In April I went to Howqua to the rainbow gathering.

I’m going to Tasmania with it in January – on the ferry!!!

Morgan – This tipi is a Sioux design – you can tell by the smoke flap design. I am amazed at how adaptable the American Indians are, they only started using tipis after they were introduced to the horse. The horse was the only way they could transport the whole thing around.

Focus

cool tipi! how does it fair the rain and wind and cold?

i need to buy a tent, i’ve been thinking of getting one from http://www.msrgear.com/

i trekked with a guy in Chile who wouldnt shuttup about Mountain Safety Research hehe

I have an EPE tent, it folds out automagically. Springloaded. Then all you have to do is peg it down. It’s a good car camping tent cos it might be raining when you get to where you are.

The tipi is majorly pegged down – both the canvas and the tripod. So wind isn’t really a problem. It’s also water proof. But if it’s rain, it NEEDS to dry before I can pull it down and put it away.

Cold – I only get cold at 4am when the fire goes out – I have an inner liner and it keeps the drafts out to a point, but the fire needs air burn bright, so I keep my draft at the door by adjusting the liner.

Focus

I love it! would love to see your nieghbours faces the first time you put it up too lol :)

LOL yeah you would have loved their faces… a mixture of wonder and fear!

Focus

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content