login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Brian's music thread

I’ll take a cue from Laurie and start my favorite music thread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlVaC1DWrOs
This video is from 1996, a classic 1978 Styx song.
The song reminds me of 1988. I was driving around in my 1981 Buick Regal, after flying back home to Indy after having interviewed for a new job, with Northwest Airlines in Detroit (the interview was in Detroit, the job would be in Indy). I was feeling good about life, jamming to Styx on my Alpine trunk mount CD changer – state of the art at the time. What was MP3?

In response to BKW’s post:
I love Styx and that song!!!! I’m not sure I ever knew the name of it until now. I have some favorites of Styx too, I’ll look for them and post them on my thread soon, and tell me what ya think(:

MP3 heck, what was a CD? (smiles)

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I too can remember the time before CDs. I can’t say that I bought 8 tracks, but we did have a car growing up that had a 8 track player – and my parents used it all of the time.

Here’s another favorite of mine.
Genesis Abacab 1982

Here’s another favorite from 1983
Jon Cougar, This time

That’s John Cougar 1980, before he started using his real name. I heard that “Cougar” was the name his producer made him use, saying that nobody would ever buy an album from John Mellancamp, well…. by 1983 – that producer was out of the picture, he added the Mellancamp, and eventually dropped the “Cougar” all together.

I deleted that post and will put up another one. Thanks Laurie!

Here’s one that offers a bit of insight to who I am.
I grew up in Indianapolis, Indiana – a couple of miles from the famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway. I spent a lot of time at the track, selling newspapers, hanging out with friends, watching the cars speed around, and rooting for Rick Mears (and booing Mario Andretti…..)
When I was growing up, it was only Indy cars, but times have changed. Today is the Brickyard 400 (NASCAR.) I have had tickets for racing in Indy, every year since before I moved away. Depending on what’s going on around the house, job, money etc. I do not always have the opportunity to go back home for a race. Today, as I sit glued to the TV, I was thinking about some Indy memories. Music-wise, Jim Nabors singing “Back Home Again In Indiana” has to be at the top! Since I was a child, he has always sang at the Indy 500 – not the Brickyard, but none-the-less, it is a special musical memory of mine, something that I think about when I’m watching a race back home. It’s one of those songs that always “takes me back”
From Indy this past May

The video says March, 2009 – well if it was from 2009, it would have been May 24th, 2009.

This is my kind of music. I actually like Big Joe Turner better but the band here gets down!

Blues Brothers

Enjoy,
Mary

I’ve been slacking on this thread.
Here’s some Robert Cray

Here’s another great song from the 80s! I Melt With You

In response to godscreation’s post:
god’screation: Thanks for chiming in! I love the blues! I just put up a Robert Cray song for you!

In response to BKW’s post:
I love the 80s new wave songs :-)

…what a wonderful world….

I saw you like Styx. This is for you:

Styx singing Best of Times

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie- worksout-daily&w/everything she’s got~ ~‘s post:
Laurie,
we can always count on you to keep the post alive!
If this was a traditional forum, you would certainly be a “moderator”.
Thanks for the clip – just watched it and yes, it’s one of my favorites.
My wife and I went to see Styx in Indianapolis several years ago while we were there visiting family (and going to the Indy 500). Kansas was the opening act (and they were way too loud) It was at Deer Creek Outdoor Amphitheater and we had awesome seats by the corner of the stage (and too close to a huge speaker bank for the Kansas part of the show!)

In response to SelfcareLivingLifeOfEase's post:

appreciate you.

miss you and others...and hope one day you guys revisit & hang out a bit ...

{wishing all well}

here is BEST OF TIMES again, since link was broken

BEST OF TIMES-STYX

maxresdefault.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to BKW's post:

Styx-Sail Away

going to post some more Styx TUESDAY!!!!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Godscreation's post:

GREAT ONE MARY!!!

& so funny- that I see your post today... I was speaking to a friend... quite a bit younger... and they don't know of the infamous Blues Brothers.

This is one of my favorite scenes

straight to the diner Aretha -respect, Guitar Murphy etc

BluesBrothers_194Pyxurz-300x300.jpg

Aretha Franklin

Matt "Guitar Murphy' {passed last year}

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS99jvJPcYbIoU0peLtr__A6VMxjUA7S2PkWDiaJQRPrbBwiSDfCg

Alan Rubin -Mr Fabulous

dbe579637b32a549e0b240411e2c9a1b.jpg

Blues Lou Marino

Related image

Dan Akroyd

John Beloushi

and more...

the diner

John Lee Hooker

Ray CharlesThe Blues Brothers (1980) - Shake a Tail Feather Scene 

IOweYou.jpg

Cab Calloway & Minnie the MoocherBlues Brothers - Minnie the Moocher (Cab Calloway)

Related image

what a cast I could go on... & on ...{probably will-vacation starts soon}

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content