login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Need help from entertainers or anyone!

I will be doing a show this Sunday but I am procrastinating in practicing my music. One time when singing with a band my throat became very dry. Do any of you have a solution for this?

Secondly the negative talk already started “there are better singers and better performers then me”. This is the first time I have done a show singing. I used to be a prfessional dancer but there were other people besides me on the stage. I keep on doing the affirmations though. I will be practing the EFT method. It worked before when I went to the dentist. Does anyone have a favorite affirmation for performances? Thank you all in advance.

Peace,
Mary

For the throat, ever heard of Fisherman’s Friend lozenges?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie- effectively & easily handles every challenge~‘s post:

No do you know if most health food stores have them? Or which stores can I get them?

Peace and happiness,
Mary

Hi Godscreation. Are you singing a whole set? However many songs you’re doing just practice a lot and do your best. Performing in front of people is one of the best things (I think) that you can do to expand your comfort zone. Think of a performer you really admire. What makes that performer special to you? I’ll bet it has something to do with connection. Try to connect with your audience. Have some of your good friends in the audience and have them sit close to the front. You will be able to look into their eyes for comfort and encouragement. Once you get over your initial stage fright try to connect more and more with different people in the audience. Talk to them. Ask some questions of people in the audience, like “where are you guys from?” Getting a dialogue with some folks can really help you out. Think of someplace special you have been before and tell the audience about it. Complement their town and the great staff at the place you’re playing. All of this can help you. Use your nervous energy, it will help you. Remember, the greatest entertainers are not always the best singers. Being a great singer is wonderful, but there is more to it than that. Remember also that you were a dancer, I’m sure you already have a natural grace about you, use that! Also, remember that if you are playing on stage with a band that you will have someone on stage to look to for for support. Never underestimate the power of connecting with people through your eyes. Be genuinely interested in the people around you, the audience and the other performers. Also when you’re singing, sing like you want the people in the back to hear you. Hold your head up, be proud, be yourself, shine, baby, shine!

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:

Wow thanks MCM you always give such fantastic advice. I will be singing 3 or 4 songs. Each participant has 15 minutes. I will remember this good info. Just like your great video, you shined brother you shined!

Peace,
Mary

I thought of something else too. Don’t obsess about being “perfect”. If you can, get in the “zone”. Become one with the song, do you remember caddyshack? Remember how Chevy Chase kept saying “be the ball”, well “be the song”. Look to your true self, look to your source and try (or if you want a more zen reference, DON“T TRY) to let that energy come through you.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Affirmation ideas.
“I easily connect with my audience.”
“I am connected to the universal source and that energy flows through me.”
“I am one with the music.”

just some ideas

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:

All great ideas. Today I finally started to practice and put my songs in order. Now a friend of mine will put the backround music of the songs on one cd. That way I won’t have to carry a bunch of cd’s with me. There will be no band just the music. I feel better now because should something happen I will improvise. The affirmations are perfect and I will use them before sleep. Thank you very very much MCM!

Peace,
Mary

In response to godscreation’s post:

Fisherman’s Friend

YOU ARE GREAT! SO YOU DON’T NEED TO ASPIRE TO GREATNESS!

Singers I’ve Run Into Swear By This

Great for a sore throat too! Very strong!!!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hi Mary, I have all the faith in you. You will be just GREAT.
Your voice, vocal cords, throat are just perfect. You´re the star.

…what a wonderful world….

Hi Mary! There is sure some great help here from everyone! The advice I can give is sing your hearts content.

YOU are the one that makes the night, YOU are the one that will stand out from the rest simply because YOU ARE SIMPLY THE BEST!

Wishing you heaps of thoughts as always Dee :-)

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content