login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★ -CONCEPT OF BALANCE ON YOUR JOURNEY

CONCEPT OF BALANCE ON YOUR JOURNEY

With re: to survival, maintenance and progression in your personal world, what does the concept of balance mean when you think of your life journey?

balanced-living.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Laurie, Laurie, Laurie ~ ((((( BIG HUG )))))

Your question always reminds me of the great Persian poet – Rumi. He has such beautiful words to explain balance in life. You should find a nice English translation and read him some time.

The Koran has a verse that basically states “The Middle Road is the best way”. If there is a muslim or muslima on bMindful that could help me with a better translation, that would be great.

My husband and I work for ourselves because we couldn’t leave a babysitter to raise our children. We live a very simple life without a lot of glamour, but lots of love. Our bills are paid for and there is not stress over money. We spend time on our children instead of loads of money on the latest electronic gadget. If we want to travel, we do. If there is a big expense or goal, we save cash for it rather than overextend ourselves with that nasty thing called credit.

The middle of the road IS the best place to be!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I was sitting in the glorious sunshine yesterday, knitting (!), and thinking of all the things I love to do and how there is so much more out there I’d like to try.

I pick up knitting every winter and last about 10 minutes before I give up, but I seem to have gotten the knack for it now and believe I’ve become better at telling myself I can do ANYthing. Now my kids want to learn and we’re all sitting around trying to knit and not an electronic distraction in sight!

I see other people as very focused, but because of my love of exploring new things, I don’t seem to focus very much on anything. For example, I’d love to master a cuisine, but of course I love ALL food and never stick to one style.

I see sucessful business people around me, they have strong focus on their goal, but I just enjoy so many things I can’t dedicate my hours to only 1 thing. I would like their focus, it’s seems a little more sane and systematic. Could it be true some people are just wired that way, and I’m not, and I destined to be poor but happy and good in a trivia contest?

I guess that’s one reason to aspire to be wealthy, to have to time for all the interesting persuits out there. I want to do everything!

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

Not overdoing and never underdoing is the balance.
Our basic philopsophy as a family is to do our best in the respective fields and leave the rest to God. When u lead an honest life like that you sleep very well!
Both of us have really worked hard at saving money and creating a little fall back empire for ourselves but unlike our friends who are still using everything they have to buy one more house, we are now concentrating on our lives as individuals and as a family. In all these years of togetherness we didn’t lose sight of our family, family values, friends and the correct thing.
Good manners are never out of fashion.
The middle path of accepting everything/every person with an open attitude has earned us the goodwill of so many of our friends- thats our assest of these years. That is the balance we have struck v/s the money we might have had in our accounts.
The good luck that good wishes bring creates a lot of positivity and balance.
I really would like to pursue one big dream that I have nurtured for so long- to leave a mark in the lives of people around me – bcoz I know I cant take anything away from here I can only leave what is mine and truly mine- my love and good wishes.
May God give me the ability and capacity to be helpful to as many people as I can be.
‘Life is good, without it we’d all be dead.’

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

Doesn’t that make sense? Even bad things have some good in them!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to SONIA’s post:
What a beautiful lady you are, and your family sounds awesome(: I’m so glad I’ve made your acqaintance(:

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
…thanks for your wonderful examples(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I dont know if what I have to say has relevance here – Buddhism says that look for the good in others. There is gold to be found everywhere only, in order to dig for the precious metal are we willing to remove so many layers of dirt and dust and finally lay our hands on that one tiny bit of yellow? Then why dont we want to do that with fellow human beings? If we keep the patience and strive with persistence then we can truly find the good qualities hidden in each and every individual on this earth. Are we not interested in our husbands, children, colleagues and acquiantences enough to work like this!!

The middle path also teaches us to use wisdom and compassion.
By walking this middle path in our life and work, we create harmony between the goals of our personality and those of our spirituality. This means that we may enjoy owning a house and a car, at the same time our soul enjoys doing meaningful work that will create a planet inhabited by happy humans in good relationship with other beings.

In response to SONIA’s post:
Very Nice.

We can be that interested if we choose. It’s a decision. I believe the decision is natural one, when we are that kind, and loving to ourselves first.

If we do too little for ourselves, it comes from an awkward place giving to others.

If we do ‘too much’ for ourselves in our worlds, we burn out, and things come from an awkward place, and often w/awkward results.

First things first. And then all else will be natural extension of all of the love we have inside.

How does that fit w/your views/beliefs?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

What wonderful wisdom from so many. Life for me is simple I have gotten rid of so many things I use to hang on to even if I wasn’t using them. Everything serves one purpose or another. If I have a fruit or vegetable that can be used as a beauty product, health remedy as well as a healthy meal then it has mulitple uses. I have a place to sleep, food to eat and people who love me. I am rich! Over 20 years ago I stopped using credit cards. You will not find me in the market isles where you can do self checking. That takes people’s jobs away.

Being at one with the land is being at balance nothing gets thrown out. What I don’t use in the house and is organic I give back by making compost. I eat, neighbors eat, animals eat and they in return bring me gifts like plants not grown by me a huge Sunflower for example. Bees and wasps are abundant in my garden as well as birds, lizards, squirrels and an occasional Peacock. In this world everything recycles itself as long as I we do our part.

Happiness to you all,
Mary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content