login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Remember To Breathe...1

Good chat that began in 2009, nothing altered, lets add to the good that is here(:

Related current threads:

• ~

2009:

I have been focusing on revamping my routine(s) lately. One big thing I’m including in all of ‘this’, is remembering to take big full breaths. This thread is devoted to all things you do to be conscious of your basics, like breathing. Are you conscious of your breathing today? And what did you do,think, and or feel when you stopped, and said it’s time for me to be conscious of my breathing and take those wonderful full big breaths? After you complied with this, what did you experience after?

If credit needs to be assigned to any image or if something belongs to someone else, please post on the thread itself to have this quickly rectified. 

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Deep conscious breathing made me feel very light and relaxed.

Thanks Laurie for this gentle reminder.
Sonia

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

I soooo needed to be reminded of that just at this specific moment…..
I am going to sit outside and do just that. Had a hectic morning. Need to breathe….
Thanks Laurie. ;o)

A full and thankful heart..

It’s strange how you can forget something so essential. I always giggle when my yoga teacher picks us up on it. Right now breathing is at the top of my list – I have a terrible flu and can’t stand not being able to breathe through my nose :(

In response to melt86’s post:
I send you healing prayers for speedy recovery. Such a bummer when you are stuffy. Thinking of you, Mel.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

quoted from Balance magazine summer 2009 edition”
article by Marie Petras

1. Make room for the new. Start with an exhale to fully release air.

2. Ready, set breathe. Inhale slowly and deeply through the nose. A healthy inhalation takes about five seconds.

3. Finish long. Exhale slowly through the mouthemptying your lungs completely. Good breathers focus moreon a thorough exhalation than on inhalation.

4. Belly breathing. Engage your diaphragm, the sheet of muscle along the top of your abdomen that pulls your lungs down to draw in air and then pushes your lungs up to expel carbon dioxide. With a good inhalation, your lungs pull upas your diaphragm drops. With a good exhale, your diaphragm rises. if you don’t feel this muscle moving, depen your breathes even more.

5. Slow it down. Work toward breathing just six or eight deep breaths per minute. Most of us breathe more than 20 times a minute.

——
She goes on to say what we know:
“Breathing can help you feel better, and increase your ability to relax: mind body and spirit.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Last year I had attended a workshop by Thich Naht Hanh and he had emphasised om mindfulness. Breathing that is so essential for our survival is the most neglected thing. We breath in a shallow manner and so are not able to take in enough oxygen for blood supply. This leads to a lot of problems. He had said that every hour we must remind ourselves to breath properly for a few times and after a few sessions it will become a habit. I have a hourly alarm in vibrator mode on my phone set for reminding me to breath properly. I try to do it often. It is so very relaxing and peps you up in a jiffy.
This is from an article I had read on Thich Nat Hanh and mindfulness-
“Aware that life is available only in the present moment and that it is
possible to live happily in the here and now, we are committed to training ourselves to live deeply each moment of daily life. We will try not to lose ourselves in dispersion or be carried away by regrets about the past, worries about the future, or craving, anger, or jealousy in the present. We will practice mindful breathing to come back to what is happening in the present moment. We are determined to learn the art of mindful living by touching the wondrous, refreshing, and healing elements that are inside and around us, and by nourishing seeds of joy, peace, love, and understanding in ourselves, thus facilitating the work of transformation and healing in our consciousness.”

Between the mind and the body, there is something that can serve as a bridge. The moment you begin to practice mindful breathing, your body and your mind begin to come together with one another. It takes only 10 to 20 seconds to accomplish this miracle called oneness of body and mind. With mindful breathing, you can bring body and mind together in the present moment, and every one of us can do it, even a child. — Thich Naht Hanh.

Deep conscious breathing left me with a feeling of assurance that everything is good and every good is coming my way.

I wrote the word BREATHE on a post it note with a smiley face and stuck it to my PC. It may sound silly, but yesterday I forgot to mindfully breathe and it made a difference to my stress levels. Today, I have been breathing mindfully and came up with some ‘descriptives’…..the opposite of an acronym…dont know the word!

B – Believe R – Relax E – Exhale A – Absorb T – Time H – Healing E – Energy

Please let me know if anyone has any better ones…
;o)

A full and thankful heart..

I love yours, though after breakfast I’ll see what I can come up. Though, yours is a keeper(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I had a day at work today, that I don’t want to identify as difficult.
Though, I will do a bit of regrouping tomorrow about it, and let it all go tonight and breathe(:

When I got home, I rec’d a newsletter email from Zen Habits, written by Leo Babauta. It was great for me tonight. I hope you enjoy it(:
He contributed this From the Tao Te Ching:

It is not wise to dash about.
Shortening the breath causes much stress.
Use too much energy, and
You will soon be exhausted.
That is not the Natural Way.
Whatever works against this Way
Will not last long.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie- effectively & easily handles every challenge~‘s post:
Thanks Laurie for sharing this wonderful piece.
Natural Way is the best way.
Breathe, Breathe mindfully, breathe with all your concentration coz this is what sustains our lives. Shallow breathing implies shallow nature- so breathe the natural way.

I am breathing. Ahhhhhhhh

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Today I resolve to breathe mindfully when I am travelling back n forth home n work.
Deep breathing instatntly rejuvinates me!!!!

BREATHING

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

want to return here(:

good chat

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Breathing deeply is so important, and I am mindfully allowing more

Breathing deeply is also a metaphor for living ones truth

and the result is breathing deeply.il_794xN.1613853621_i7kq.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Awesome video Moonlighting posted, I encourage others to watch

just shared w/my hubby-AWESOME!

Not sure I've seen this guy before, thank you for sharing!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content