login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★What we give out is what we get

This has been told and retold so many times to us & in so many different ways— You will reap what you sow, Do not do to others what you dont want them to do to you……. and so on.
I always thought that deed was all that counted and never did try to harm anyone. And my life was perfect. I thought I was a good hearted person and so people should like me and be my friend. But I always was a loner with not many true friends.And this too I accepted coz I truly believed that I was an introvert who didn’t want too many people around.
Then I got married (ours was an arranged marriage) and always wondered how my husband has such a vast circle of friends and well wishers. Where ever we went he made friends who would never forget him and he too in turn was always available for them. This was our combination- an introvert and an out n out extrovert. In fact sometimes I hated him for being so popular.
Well, my mother always told me that I was a very lucky girl and I could never be unhappy in my life. Her blessing was with me. Then I encountered Buddhism and prayed hard for my Human Revolution. This led me to Pranic healing and other spiritual readings.
Blessed I am, Bcoz I realised that I was sowing the wrong kind of seeds and expecting some other fruits. Once i resolved to check my thought process to see why I was keeping people away from me I realised that I was basically jealous and underconfident. Whenever someone shared a happy moment with me, outwardly I was happy but inwardly my mind was racing and thinking all kind of nonsense. Some examples for this are—

• My friend was showing me her new hairstyle and was looking for appreciation. I did tell her it was wow and she looked fab, but in my mind the thought trail was – Where did she get the money for this expensive treatment? How come her hair texture is better than mine? How is she going to maintain it?- i am sure it will ruin her hair & BLAH……BLAH……
  • Someone’s kid does well in studies and my thought process was— Its not fair why should her kid do so well when I am trying my best to be around my children and they are not working so hard. How come she gets to have the best behaved kids and the best performers too?

These are just some examples of what was going on in my head. Outwardly I was normal, happy and ideal. But my thought process cut my links with the person sitting across. Somewhere they could sense my inner thoughts. My fake appreciation and good behaviour cost me many unhappy moments.

But I feel truly blessed that in my life I encountered Buddhism, Pranic Healing and in my husband’s conmpany, and by observing his behaviour and total dedication to the person sitting across him I was able to check my behaviour. I have got back so many of my friends and ofcourse people are able to share their secret with me!!
I am always cautious because when someone shares a good news I tell my mind all kinds of good things about that person and outwardly I smile a lot and openly appreciate.
I do strongly believe in the boomerang effect. It has been proved in my life. And I sincerely wish to share that those like me who are not very good with words can still make a difference by being good and sincere in their thought process. Sometimes saying is not all that important, feeling is.

Appreciating life openly and feeling blessed for what I have has made so much difference in my life.
Being mindful helps, so dear friends keep sharing your experiences and how you made a difference to your Human Revolution by being mindful….

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

To add to this— Louise Hay says” All the theories in the world are useless unless there is action, positive change, and finally healing”. I am glad I couls make it happen in my life.
God is great.

In response to SONIA’s post:
I really identify with you Sonia. For years I felt like the victim, and I am ashamed to say, was quite jealous of others, particularly those I admire the most – e.g my brother or my best friends, partners etc. I was never satisfied it seems. I would always get a ‘poor me’ attitude about things, looking at what I lacked instead of looking at all the wonderful gifts I had. That was then…..before I found Gratitude.
My attitude for gratitude came directly from my Reiki Study and is kind of similar to pranic healing. Also, my strong belief in my higher power. Someone once said to me if you put yourself down you are criticising God’s handiwork – so true. In gratitude I have healed myself of feeling ‘less than’ and love and respect myself enough now to feel truly happy for others when they share good news, have a fab new hair-do or simply are really nice people. I appreciate others now, instead of putting myself down and wishing I was more like them!! I now admire others in a positive way – in appreciation.
It comes back to you tenfold. I feel the warm fuzzies each time I send someone a silent blessing. Since meeting the wonderful people on this site I have been getting the warm fuzzies a lot!

You are blessed Sonia and have such an honesty which I truly admire.
Stay in the moments that give you the warm fuzzies and have gratitude for them – you only get what you give!!! Keep giving it feels great!

Love and fuzzies to all of you ;o)

A full and thankful heart..

Thanks to you both, Sonia and Anoushka. I have struggled with this choking negativity for many years of my life. The only real change and help came when I began using positive thinking and affirmations. I have now been blessed in many ways. I am still and introvert in some situations, but my husband and co-workers find that hard to believe. HA! So, thanks for sharing. Jan

In response to anoushka_f’s post:
Thanx so much Anoushka.
The feeling of gratitude is absolutely amazing. When we think of our blessings our shortcomings fall far behind.
How well you said it- criticizing ourselves is like doing it to God. We all are manifestation from the same eternal light and our aim is to merge in that light once and for all- after having learnt our lessons.
Yesterday I was reading a magazine where a very rich man who is a disciple of a lerned man is amazed at the social status of fellow disciples, all the who’s who of the area, and cannot believe that his guru still leads a life of austerity. He cannot control himself asks the guru, “master you have so many rich disciple howcome you are never influenced or attracted to those luxuries?” The master replies,“A rose placed next to a diamond necklace may never gets its shine but can surely make the diamond necklace fragrant!”
This simple fact really hit me hard and made me feel so blessed to be with you all. Your encouragement and posuitive qualities are surely making my life fragrant.
With all my love
Sonia

The affirmation that helps me overcome my negative thought pattern is “ I only give out that which I wish to receive in return. My love and acceptance of others is mirrored to me in every moment.”
Have a great day:)
Sonia

Sonia, I love: ‘My love and acceptance of others is mirrored to me in every moment.’ Thank you, I needed that.;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiU7s1br9IH4vrHmkjLUsjJY_GnCnuWpVHICZZzUsHk1PMlapkdg

wonderful thread from 2009

I really enjoyed the sharing/honesty and message in this thread

six-quick-steps-greater-energy-and-better-health

purify-your-space

a couple of interesting things I just came across.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

six-quick-steps-greater-energy-and-better-health

purify-your-space

a couple of interesting things I just came across.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content