login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★07/29/15- very 1st Happiness-mtg!˚ ★

vortex-heart.jpg (1280×960)happiness-meeting-sample2.jpg (1920×1280)

• our  first Bmindful Happiness Meeting Logo:

also this thread had huge happy faces…everywhere…for greater reader-friendliness-they’ve been removed(:

• ~
      [EOM-end of month]
    • ~
      1st mtg was on July 29,2015
      will be held last Wednesday of Every Month

concept was created by Gretchin Rubin
Located her Happiness Project Starter Kit[gretchenrubin.com]
I was reading a pamphlet on how to create a Happiness Group.

• ~
      this suggested format offers ideas in a face to face format…which is wonderful…and if anyone does this…would love to hear of your success…
    • ~

***_Though my thought…was how about creating a happiness group within our current Bmindful? We are already a happiness site… And here is a specialty group-thread with a different structure…inviting members to host the thread-meeting each month(:_*** and creating the meeting …will be something we can communicate about.

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Topic- The Group Within The Site
      All Welcome
      Only Requirement-Desire To Enjoy, Care About Oneself…and Others
    • ~
      Re:This thread…introduces new monthly Happiness-thread meeting and members beginning to introduce themselves & discuss their inters
    • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    According to Gretchen ….the group has a set # of how often they would meet.
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    In order to keep it simple…with old-timers & new people joining….We could simply say we’ll visit…last Wednesday of each month…as an example…
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and one could edit their posts when needed ….[if anyone has questions on how to edit…please ask] And of course create new ones when needed.

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      …topics suggested can be anything from discussing happiness…&/listing areas you are focusing on creating in your life.
      The link to these group ideas are listed below…so you can see the pamphlet yourselves…Though, I’ve taken the liberty (: to copy excerpts for us below to trigger ideas.
    • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

suggested topic by Gretchen: Gretchen argues throughout The Happiness Project that striving to be happy is a worthy, not selfish, goal. Do you agree? Do you think that Gretchen was right, or not, to devote so much time and attention to her own happiness? Do you spend much time thinking about your happiness?

another suggested topic:  One of Gretchen’s main arguments is that “You’re not happy unless you think you’re happy,” and she spends
a lot of time thinking about her happiness. However, many important figures have argued just the opposite;for example, John Stuart Mill wrote, “Ask yourself whether you are happy, and you cease to be so.” What do
you think? Does striving for happiness make you happier? Or does it make happiness more elusive?

~~~~~~~~~~~

What suggestions do you have for topics?

Happiness projects—what resolutions they’ve made, whether they’ve kept their resolutions. Some groups discuss their personal resolutions at every meeting; some discuss a different happiness book; some discuss a chapter and theme from The Happiness Project; some have an open discussion

Happiness Project
What’s Inside:
A note from Gretchen Rubin • Tips for starting a group
Frequently asked questions • Ideas for meetings • Suggested reading list
An opening note from Gretchen Rubin

A note from Gretchen Rubin •

Hello!
Thanks so much for your interest and enthusiasm in starting a HappinessProject group. Many people find that launching their happiness projects as part of a group is more effective and fun than doing it on their own.
Group members encourage each other, share ideas,and hold each other accountable – plus, just being in a group boosts your happiness.

Organizing a group is hugely rewarding, but it does take thought and effort. This Starter Kit is meant to make your job easier. However, there’s no right way to do it. Do what’s right for your group.
Please keep me postedI’m very eager to hear how your group is doing.
Write to me on the Facebook Page, or email me at grubin@ gretchenrubin.com. Good luck!
Warmly,
Gretchen
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• First Things First.
      Find a location that has the right vibe.

Make Everyone Feel Welcome

Be a good host. Meet and greet, introduce people to each other, keep the discussion flowing, encourage everyone to speak up, and remain open and friendly to everyone

***How often should we meet?***
The more often a group meets, the more quickly people will get comfortable with each other, and the more accountable they’ll feel. However, people have a limited amount of time, and they may drop out if they miss a lot of meetings.

Take the temperature of your group. At a minimum, a group should probably meet at least once every six weeks

***Why belong to a Happiness Project Group?***
You can have a very successful happiness project on your own, but joining a group offers many advantages:

• Structure and accountability.
  • Having an appointment to focus on something makes it more likely you’ll do it, and it won’t slip to the bottom of the pile. Also, once you’ve told someone else your resolution, you’ll have someone asking whether
    you’re keeping it!
  • New perspectives and ideas. When we think by ourselves for too long, our thoughts become stale. A group reveals new insight into old issues by providing opinions, asking good questions, and listening and repeating back what they hear.
  • Support. People often feel isolated. Just hearing that other people may experience the same difficulties can be very reassuring. Also, while it’s helpful to receive support, providing support to others is also a powerful source of happiness. Something fun and different. It’s fun to do something new and to meet new people— and it’s especially rewarding when you’re talking about a topic as important and intimate as happiness.
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • What should we do during our meeting? ***There are no rules!*** Do what seems right for your group! Many groups use the meeting to talk about their own happiness projects—what resolutions they’ve made, whether they’ve kept their resolutions. Some groups discuss their personal resolutions at every meeting; some discuss a different happiness book; some discuss a chapter and theme from The Happiness Project; some have an open discussion on a happiness question.
    On the next few pages are some suggested topics.
    Remember, though, there’s no right or wrong way to run a
    meeting. These are just ideas to get you and other group
    members thinking. ***Pick and choose, or ignore all together.***
    Have fun, and good luck with your group.
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The book The Happiness Project
The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun
Gretchin Rubin, 2009
HarperCollins
315 pp.
ISBN-13: 9780061583261

Suggested Topics

•  Topic 1: Your first set of resolutions
    • ~~~~~~~~~~~
    •  First half of the meeting: Introductions.
    • ~~~~~~~~~~~
    •  Second half of the meeting: Activity: Each person identifies three or four resolutions to tackle.
    • ~~~~~~~~~~~
    •  The core of a “happiness project” is to… identify elements of your life that you want to change find concrete, measurable resolutions that, if kept, will help you bring about that change hold yourself accountable for keeping your resolutions decide whether you want to adjust, toss, or re-commit to a resolution One tip: resolutions work best when they’re very specific, so you know whether you’ve kept your resolution or not.
    • ~~~~~~~~~~~
      Accountability is key!
    • ~~~~~~~~~~~
    • Resolutions tend to fall in certain major categories. Here are some common resolutions, with a few examples:

•  Attitude: Give positive reviews. Don’t talk about my irritations.
    •  Clutter: Put dishes in the dishwasher immediately. Make my bed each morning.
    •  Find more joy in life. Rent a movie once a week. Make Saturday plans with a friend. Appreciate the present. Keep a one-sentence journal.
    •  Be a more loving parent.
    •  Go to sleep by 10:30 p.m. to avoid morning grouchiness.
    •  Lose weight. No more doughnuts for breakfast. Eat a big salad for lunch.
    •  Creativity & writing: Write a novel in a month
    •  Keep “morning pages.” Take a photograph each day.
    •  Diet, exercise & health: Take a 20-minute walk each day. Eat protein at breakfast.
    •  Family & children: Have my children dissolve in laughter at least once a day.
    •  Read a chapter out loud every night.
    •  Friends: No gossip. Show up.
    •  Fun: Try a new restaurant each time I eat out. Go to a game instead of watching it on TV.
    •  Gratitude: In the shower, count my blessings.
    •  Sincerely thank two people each day.
    •  Helping others: Volunteer at the thrift shop. Sign up for the breast-cancer walk-a-thon.
    •  Memories & traditions: Organize all the photos in tidy boxes.
    •  Take a 5-minute video of my kids each Sunday night.
    •  Mindfulness: Don’t listen to my iPod on the way to work.
    •  Money: Pay down twice the minimum on my credit card debt each month. Buy needful things.
    •  Relationships & marriage: Don’t expect thanks. Think of small treats.
    •  Religion & spirituality: Read the Bible every day. * ** * Meditate each morning.
    •  Work: Go to a professional conference. Sign up for training on the new computer program.
      suggestionsTip Sheet
      more ideasuggested resolution charts

Though my thought…was how about creating a happiness group within our current happiness site?

The group has a set # of how often they would meet.

• In order to keep it simple…with old-timers & new people joining….We could simply say we’ll visit…last Wednesday of each month…as an example…

What’s your thought…would you like a meeting thread to be created with a link here…and we can commit to stopping by 1xamonth?
      Let me know if you believe this idea has merit..or if you have ideas/questions to incorporate such a thing…

what suggestions do you have for topics?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I would love to join this and think it is a fantastic idea for a thread ,thank you so much Appreciating for creating it

It’s a wonderful idea, count me in!

Definitely count me in!!!

Brilliant idea!!

Thank you Appreciating!!

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

In response to Kathi’s post:
In response to Nancee1953’s post:
In response to flowergirl’s post:
Wonderful!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Some possible topics could be Habits, Health, Gratitude and Forgiveness.

glad to see you here Nancee1953…kicking off possibilities for the new group within this Bmindful group …which is last Wed of every month(: mouthful(:
Great topics btw(: Today!!!(:

Anyone else with thoughts…as we are kicking off this new type of thread-meeting….

Mind you just 1x amonth…anyone with specific/general ideas regarding topics for the group…or just stop by and share if this group is of interest(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

today is 1st meeting…

It is suggested in the 1st part of meeting…that we introduce ourselves and why we are interested in participated in a group like this?

Anyone like to begin?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hello all, I am Nancee1953,I hail from St. Louis, Missouri and am so grateful to have discovered Bmindful.I know divine providence guided me to this wonderful place. I was one of those people who envisioned they were being constantly followed by a dark cloud. I have now been transported, actually transcended time and space to a wonderful place where the sun always shines, beaming rays of love. The cloud went “poof” and disappeared never to return.
I am excited about joining this group. It will be great to have an opportunity to share, learn and incorporate different techniques, change habits, and master new skills with others with the ultimate goal being to enrich our lives and increase our joy on this journey called “life”.

Welcome Nancee1953 to the 1st Happiness Group at Bmindful Community where positivity abounds(: Thank you for sharing Nancee. Loved hearing all you shared. I agree with you about growth,happiness & sharing…and more specifically habits…

When I came across the site describing a happiness group…..my logical mind said no…you can’t start a meeting group on a thread…and my heart kept posting about starting a group on a thread last Wed End Of The Month(:

My minds eye thought …hmmm we are a forum, forums share…we love joy…and we know feelings and actions create a life…Now how can we as a community share more about things we want to create together in the context of a forum…thread??? Hence, a thread was born. Nancee1953, after your delightful response to this thread…my minds eye sees…we can do this. It may take time…Though they say in prayer and meetings…it only takes 2 or more…so our meeting has begun…and over time..I see things happening as they wonderfully are supposed to(:

My name is Appreciating, and while I’ve been married for almost 4 decades -it’s never too long for us….

Marriage is a huge part of my world… I know all wonderful areas of my life cannot be appreciated or experienced well…unless I’m focused on what brings me joy on a personal level as well…the Queendom-thing as Nancee1953 shares on the site -> is my other name for it all …is genuine selfcare out of a deep respect for who I am and who I allow myself to be. So selfcare is always top of my list to give time & focus to. That is a central focus of things for my happiness direction.
quote-pic. “Loving Yourself First & Believing In Marriage”believe-in-marriage1.jpg

• √ Happiness Is a Practice
    • PNG-Queenisms-2014-The-grass-was-not-greener-copy.png
      • the group “suggestions of guidelines” stresses 3-4 resolutions you’d like to focus on. 
    • Will be contemplating these!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hello to All,

I’m late getting into the grove, but I love the idea of the happiness group.

I think this is a brilliant idea! And, its a great was to provide additional structure and support on areas of priority in our personal lives.

I have always thought of happiness as an “inside job”, and that who and what we are manifests itself in all that we do, and things that we attract into our lives.

A little bit about me:
I am in my early 50’s, and I am in a good place. I have one adult daughter and we are very close. I am from a large family; I am one of six siblings and I am a twin. I am a nurse practitioner and I am going back to school to continue to grow…! I’m not done growing, I’m a late bloomer, still stunning in the garden of life!!

I have lots of hobbies, most are related to making the home life better. So, cooking, having a Glorious time grilling, or just making life better overall. I also have worked with Crystal bowels and I enjoy facilitating that type of energy work. And I devoted to daily meditations, prayers, positivity and working with affirmations.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.

In response to Kathi’s post:

I would like to hear more about Crystal bowls and energy work. Are you talking about raising your vibrational level?

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

Yes. Definitely.

My first experience with the crystal bowls was really powerful. It was like running thunder, it just was a very powerful experience. What I can try to tell you, is that I felt an instantaneous shift, literally, faster than I can say the word “pop”, and suddenly, I was timeless. Timelessness…
Then, issuelessness….
It was a journey, and it always is.

Most people journey, and its all spontaneous.
Everyday, the world changes. And every single experience is brand new, just like every new breath we take.
We change. The world changes, the planets are in constant motion.
Its like taking a laddle, a big wooden spoon and dipping out into the cosmos! Every experience is totally unique, just as we are. We are also changing, and we are in perpetual motion.

It sounds like a very positive unique experience. Thank you so much.

I’m still a little confused about how one could participate in such an experience. Do I just Google crystal bowls to find out more information?

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content