login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Vitamin D

Are you getting your vitamin D today?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

YEP :-) Sun is shinning and I am going out now. Will wait for it to go a bit lower though, before I go for the jog.

…what a wonderful world….

Its soooo hot today and I am stuck in the office with air con. I want to feel that vitamin D soaking into my veins!!!
Ten minutes to go till home time!

A full and thankful heart..

I’ve been outside with kids and dog. Although it was only running errands – getting balloons, decorating the yard & house, and in general making everything just spiffy for daddy’s long anticipated return. :)

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

wonderful, mary.nowadays life seems to me so boring, people are liar, life sucks…

Hi lavanta it looks like your going through a metamorphosis. When things seem so bad is usually when I make great changes. I start to look at myself (after being mad at the other people in my life)and wonder. How did I let these people come into my life? Family well they came with our life. But how we interact with them is important. It isn’t easy for some but can be done.

About a month ago I had to let go of a few friends mind you one I knew for 30 years. Her behaviour was not only offending me but some of my other friends too. Then I needed to be in control of the whole situation! Imagine that me the Creator of the Universe had to get things straight. Until a few of those people also told me what they thought of me. Even though I was angry at first I found some good information from their words and it is helping to become a happier person.

I learned that I madee friends with people who didn’t have the same principals of life like I had because I was lonely. Then I pretended not to see the things that were negative and stood in those relationships for years. Finally when the —— hit the fan all hell broke loose knowing well that my “gut feeling” had forwarned me. I just swept it under the table because I am such a loving person and God will reward me for that.

WRONG! I came to realise you can’t fool the Creator but there was also the realisation that I could change if I wanted to. So I started here on this website. Let me tell you I have done this before and still didn’t get it. I believe you have to be in a place where you truly want to change to make a difference. Finally I am there now.

Peace,
Mary

In response to lavanta’s post:
Hi Lavanta. I sent you an email I hope to hear back(smiles to you).

Laurie

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Nope, no vitamin D (from sunshine today). Raining lots! And then I was off to work. It has been raining lots lately. I’m hoping to catch rays tomorrow morning, before I start my routine(:

Getting sunshine (D) is very important.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Vitamin D News:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I heard about vitamin D from a friend of mine whose husband was a pilot. She receives a newsletter from the airforce once a month. She got a newsletter telling her most people were deficient in vitamin D. Another friend was given 50,000 units once a week. So I did research and found that the best Vitamin D to take is Vitamin D3 and have been taking it since. Especially if one becomes sad during the winter.

Peace,
Mary

In response to godscreation’s post:
Hello Godscreation and others interested in Vitamin D:
Very interesting info on the benefits of Vit D and how it works with regard to basic function in the body & prevention of ailments:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

even though I want to change, I behave like “old me” and do same mistakes delibaretely.And I sorrow because of this.

In response to godscreation’s post:
I thought you lived in sunny california ;-)

Dear Lavanta,
The very fact that u r not ur old self all the time means u r progressing and bringing about the changes u want so dearly. The realisation that all is not well and the urge to be in control of the situation is an indication that u r making some progress.
Always ask urself in such times- what is it that matters most to you, and then go for it. The gut-feeling is always the true response from God. Never ignore it.

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

Vitamin D is in plenty at my end. And I ensure my intake evry time I go to work.

God is kind he gives us so much, its just that we are sometimes caught up in the mundane tasks that we fail to recognise and appreciate his benovelance!

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

thanks sonia, but I easily get angry and have anxiety about things that goes wrong…I have always been so…

Hi Lavanta, I also have a temper, which I would like to be more in control of. What has helped me so far alot are my affirmations of:
- Everybody loves me
- I am prefect and complete
And every chance I get I say ‘I love you Afi’
Even when something has gone wrong and I have gotten angry, thereafter upset with myself for having gotten angry, I say: I love you Afi.

I have now started asking myself why I got angry, what it was exactly and how important was it. And if it was worth my nerves, and how I would have rather reacted. I am sure it will help for the next time.

thanks.I hope that is gonna be work in the long term…

In response to aftab’s post

I sure do live in sunny california but recent medical reports state that most of us are deficient in vitamin D.

Peace,
Mary

Anyone have a chance to read very interesting info on the benefits of Vit D and how it works with regard to basic function in the body & prevention of ailments:

Mary, what part of California do you live in?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Laurie – Great article on Vit D. I’ve been using Vit D3 and Cod Liver Oil for about 9 mos and have seen a marked improvement in my health and well-being. I’m going to keep a copy of this article to show my friends. Thanks.

In response to 4evryoung’s post:
In response to laurie- effectively & easily handles every challenge~‘s post:

Glad you enjoyed the article! I found it most informative.

So nice to make your acquaintance! Hope to see you on the threads again(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I’m going out for my vitamin D right now, before the rain(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I’m baaaaaack(: Got my sunshine! Yaay! Beautiful hot Florida day. It’s too beautiful! I wanted to stay longer, though have a few crunch-times in which to do things (mindfully) w->smiles

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

The only vitamin I take is a dropper full of Vit D (1000 iu), almost daily per a recent test , and for age requirements.

I rec’d this today..made me question my need. I’m going to take it less than daily based on how often I’m getting good ol’ sunshine, and confer further with my doctor (whom I do trust). He’s a rare find..doesn’t push tests, and rx’s..and trusts how I care for myself.

My doctor believes sunshine doesn’t cut it..That part I’m not sure I agree with.. Though, I’ll look into it some more. What do you all think of the article and the Vit D supplementation ideas.

Anyway, here’s my article I rec’d today..

Vitamin D level testing, is it necessary?
Supplement Research Update
NEWSLETTER

Ray Sahelian, M.D.

Vol. 7, Issue 2 – February, 2010

1. Vitamin D level testing, is it necessary?

I am a believer in taking vitamin D supplements, but at the present time I am being cautious on my dosages until we learn more. At the recent natural medicine conference I attended, many of the lecturers were promoting routine vitamin D testing for every adult, and even children. I take issue with this for several reasons which I discuss below. For a detailed review, see my writings at http://www.raysahelian.com/vitamind.html where I discuss the benefits and potential harm with excess supplementation.

Different labs that test for levels may provide different results. For instance, the same blood sample sent to different labs may show results that could vary as much as 20 percent or more.

The same person is likely to have a different vitamin D level at different times or seasons of the year.

There is no consensus by the medical community regarding the ideal blood level of this vitamin. Therefore, what’s the point of testing since we don’t know how much to give to achieve an ideal level? At the conference I had a chance to talk to many doctors and asked them a hypothetical question regarding how much vitamin D they would prescribe to a patient with a level of 40 ng/ml, a level considered low normal. The range of responses was from 0 iu to 10,000 iu. Yes, one doctor did not feel any additional supplementation was necessary whereas another doctor thought 10,000 units was appropriate and would do no harm. The other eight gave numbers ranging from 400 to 5000 units. This clearly shows that there are no standards for such supplementation in clinical practice at this time. So, what is the point of testing since we have no idea on how much to give once we see results of the blood level tests. Why not just give everyone 400 to 2000 units a day based on their sun exposure and dietary history and thus avoid expensive testing? Many doctors who suggest routine and frequent testing for everyone act as if funds available to spend for health care have no limits. Unless a person has an unusual medical condition or diet where blood vitamin D levels are suspected to be too low or too high, blood testing does not give us much of a clue on exactly how much to supplement. I think the vast majority of people who don’t have an unusual diet or serious and chronic medical condition just take 400 to 2000 units a day they should be fine and they don’t have to worry about checking for vitamin D levels. Those who want to take more can try 3000 units a day.

There are hundreds of blood tests available to check levels of different vitamins, minerals, amino acids, hormones, cholesterol, various lipids, inflammation markers, liver function studies, kidney studies, etc., etc.. At some point one has to balance the costs and inconvenience of testing versus the potential benefits they provide. There is no proof at this time that vitamin D testing, and rechecking levels a few times a year, improves health or increases longevity. In the USA we already spend more than 7000 dollars a year per person for healthcare. Do we really need to add another few hundred dollars a year per person on regular vitamin D level testing and the doctor visits? I am cost conscious and practical in my approach. I think in this country we are going overboard in terms of testing, and for the amount of money we spend on diagnostic testing and health care we are not even close to being one of the healthiest nations on the planet. We do so many diagnostic tests in this country without knowing whether people are actually healthier or live longer as a result of the testing. The people who end up being better off are doctors and the those who own the labs.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content